Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 9, 2012 11:36 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty wild episode. I still have the problem of Jin from being a kid to being a adult. The transition on both accounts is a fat NO from me. This is due to my curiosity wanting to find out WTF happened to Jin in between. It’s like as an example the frustrations of scholars not being able to know a part of Jesus' life missing. I want to know WTF happened after the monster fight till Jin is adult. Like how did Akemi raise him? How did he cope with his problems in regards to grandpa? How did grow up in that sense? I hope it shows in flashback mode at least.

About Konoha Amagi, I loved her grownup version in the following,

That face is so nicely done. Really good job in her adaptation and voice as she grew up.

Zet was sooooooo cool in the following,

That was the best of the episode. Just plain FIRE fight! When a fight is much better due to a spicier environment that being fire engulfing the whole place.

Despite the first letdown due to the manga changes I am quite pleased of them in this episode. Perhaps things are shaping up for the better in some changes from the manga version. I will leave it at that. Might edit later.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 9, 2012 1:32 PM

Feb 2012
@Yumekichi: I guess you should really read it at some point, I can understand that they have to jump but this time it was too much.

I am very worried that people unfamiliar with the manga might not be able to follow the story, they cut a whole bunch of stuff together, it just doesn't feel cohesive but I trust them to get it right.

I do not like what they made with Jin's face and hair, it doesn't look good. Will have to wait when he is an adult.

I still hate this fact: Jin and Kouga did not meet in their childhood, they will do something with that which won't feel right. You know, in the manga Kouga was really impressed by Jin in that fire but I think they will leave that out.

That fight was great, they made Zet awesome, thank you.
Apr 9, 2012 1:47 PM

Apr 2008
I dropped the anime, there are many things that are removed and it hurts in the relations of the characters. I do not like the voice of Koga and Jin. (I expected much better)

Yumekichi11 don't expect anwser in the anime, They cut too many stuff
Apr 9, 2012 1:48 PM

Jul 2010
Pretty good fight with Zet. Since I haven't read the manga, I will have to make best of what's displayed in the anime even though the time jump was a bit much. I'm used to seeing time jumps all the time in anime so it's not the end of the world for me.
Apr 9, 2012 2:24 PM

Oct 2010
Zhou said:
@Yumekichi: I guess you should really read it at some point, I can understand that they have to jump but this time it was too much.
As much as I respect your IMO, I have to say I disagree with you. Perhaps I was not content in the first episode but as of this episode + getting used to it. I can see how to enjoy it and leave the manga. It just simply is not worth FRUSTRATIONS over it. My main reason for that are the fights indeed. With the gore and all it makes much better. Gore in terms of being animated such as blood splashes.
KiraYoshikage said:
Yumekichi11 don't expect anwser in the anime, They cut too many stuff
I see, guess I should refer to the manga for those.

Apr 9, 2012 2:28 PM
Feb 2012
Oh Jin you freaking badass. Looks like this show is getting better and better with each passing episode. 5/5

Damn, I'm already hyped for next week.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 9, 2012 2:31 PM
Jan 2012
What a ending it had, I hope the auntie wasn't dead.

I don't care Kouga is still cool.
RickRoss-SamaApr 9, 2012 2:38 PM
Apr 9, 2012 2:54 PM

Nov 2011
Great fight. Just watched the fight in Future Diary and now this. I'm pleased with my day so far.
Apr 9, 2012 2:56 PM

Feb 2012
I like the grown-up Konoha...I feel like she's going to be an important character to offset Jin and Kouga.

Not having read the manga, I don't think I'm lost with the story, per se, but I'm very aware that a lot of content has been cut out and I wish it hadn't been. Episode 1 crammed too much into 24 minutes, and episode 2 skipped over the intervening years without any explanation. Right now, the story's a mess, but I'm willing to let it settle in before dropping it.
Apr 9, 2012 3:03 PM

May 2011
Oh yeah, Jis is freaking badass!
Apr 9, 2012 3:03 PM

Feb 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
Zhou said:
]As much as I respect your IMO, I have to say I disagree with you. Perhaps I was not content in the first episode but as of this episode + getting used to it. I can see how to enjoy it and leave the manga. It just simply is not worth FRUSTRATIONS over it. My main reason for that are the fights indeed. With the gore and all it makes much better. Gore in terms of being animated such as blood splashes.

I can't tell how it is since I know the manga but if you got used to it, it's fine. Lets hope everyone can follow it and don't worry, players will make sure it gets gory.

The fight reminded me of DBZ, anyone else?
Apr 9, 2012 3:19 PM
Mar 2011
yea, watching the anime is obvious they cut out so many stuff out even if you havent read the manga. its really fast paced and skips alot. but from what little they show (out of a whole in manga) there is a coherent plotline that you can follow. im still po-d they killed "auntie" already. i thought she deserved more airtime and her relationship with jin. oh well

the biggest question is, why just 13 episodes? why not make it 26? that way they can explain more in-depth. the manga didnt sell good? anyway, i dont get too involved in the details of the "business" of the anime industry.
"....i am the villain in this story"
Apr 9, 2012 3:22 PM

Oct 2010
amginex said:
yea, watching the anime is obvious they cut out so many stuff out even if you havent read the manga. its really fast paced and skips alot. but from what little they show (out of a whole in manga) there is a coherent plotline that you can follow. im still po-d they killed "auntie" already. i thought she deserved more airtime and her relationship with jin. oh well
WTF you talking about? She could be tranquillized for all we know. They did not show what came out from the gun and only that it was shot. These gun can be made for darts. However if she is dead there shall be RAGE is all I can really say.

Apr 9, 2012 3:36 PM

Oct 2011
Oh boy, anime... feels rushed for one...and has a shonen feel 2 it
, so i prefer the manga BUT it's not that bad.. 7/10 so far
ChadriusApr 9, 2012 3:40 PM
Apr 9, 2012 3:45 PM

Aug 2009
FUCKING GRANDPA!!! Hate him! -__-

An NOOO Auntie!!! T___T No way she is dead!!! T_____T

Its all happening so fast! ;~;

I'm sad that it says this show will have 13 episodes. I could have honestly have seen this show being one one of those 30eps+ shows ):

But honestly, LOVEEEE THIS SHOW!!!!
One of my favorites (maybe my #1 favorite) this season!!

and Konoha is a cutie!!! >w<
Apr 9, 2012 4:04 PM

Sep 2011
I have no idea why but I feel like i'm watching batman for some reason... maybe its just me XD

I really like the fighting.. good episode
Apr 9, 2012 4:11 PM
Oct 2010
i hope shes not dead :( would suck. i see some trouble between jin and the otehr dude. wanna see how this plays out.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Apr 9, 2012 5:46 PM

Nov 2011
So far the only thing i really like about this is the gore and action. The pace seems really rushed and so much differences between this and the manga ruins the development between Jin and Kouga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2012 6:21 PM

Aug 2011
Im in love with the art style for the characters. I hope Auntie isnt dead...i liked her in ep1 and even the short time we saw her in ep2. I dont mind when a story is rushed a little because it can keep the hype alive. The fighting was good and everything shuld only get better from this point on
Apr 9, 2012 6:39 PM
Mar 2012
I think Kouga is going to be a super annoying character. He seems super naive, and he's going to end up stealing all the credit from Jin. I can honestly see Kouga getting super jealous of Jin.

I don't know, just making guesses.
Apr 9, 2012 6:45 PM

Dec 2011
Why did Auntie has to suffer? I hope she isn't dead, though it looks like it. She is my favourite character so far!!!! Don't kill her.

Kouga is now turning into the annoying character.

Even if I haven't seen the manga yet, I feel that they skipped a lot of content.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2012 7:23 PM

Jul 2011
Shoot. I wish they gave it more episodes. It feels super rushed.

Lol @ his transformation (dunno why. XD)

Gawd that music makes me cringe.
Apr 9, 2012 7:27 PM

Nov 2011
It was a fine episode, considering it's still in the set up. Personally, I don't feel like it's missing anything. It is a perfectly coherent time skip, with some interpolation. Though it does feel like the number of episodes may hurt the show.
Apr 9, 2012 8:09 PM

Oct 2011
:O Wow i love this show its AMAZING
Apr 9, 2012 8:11 PM
Dec 2009
LOL...WOW.. i can't believe we're already this far, damn, skipped so much content.. well if i didn't read the manga, I'd think it was a good episode, I also wouldn't feel like its missing anything as well, just fast paced I guess.. the anime is really getting down to the point, but I don't feel as much attachment or sympathy I guess on the characters if I had only watched the anime, and not read the manga, but I think episode 1 did make a good impact on me of the auntie character, even if i did not read the manga, in a way its just harder to understand the characters with the anime alone
JKApr 9, 2012 8:15 PM
tag©.androgynous
Apr 9, 2012 9:35 PM

Mar 2011
I was really impressed by the first episode, but a few things seem off with this episode, something about the voices, disposition, and characterization... It's still very interesting, so i'll keep watching it... From what I'm reading, it seems that a heck of a lot is being cut from the manga, I guess it's to be expected of a 13 episode series, which is too bad... maybe I'll go read the manga later~
A pinky-promise
ain't something you take lightly
-- Sakata Gintoki

GINTAMA... I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR LEVELED-UP RETURN!!!! I'M WAITING FOR YOU... KINTAMA!!!!!?!!

For the rest of you waiting with me... GO READ GINTAMA NOW!! (start at 372 where the anime left off)
And everyone else, GO WATCH GINTAMA!! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!!
Apr 9, 2012 9:50 PM

Jan 2011
This felt really rushed as an episode. The fight scene was all well and good, but I still haven't got a total feel for the characters. As for Kouga, he just reminds me a bit too much of Bunny (in a bad way)...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 9, 2012 10:57 PM

Aug 2011
Oh my god. Shit's totally gonna go down next episode, hope Auntie isn't dead because she is a wonderful person. The story seems kinda all of the place so far, but it's interesting. Kouga's voiced by my favourite VA but he's kinda annoying.
Apr 10, 2012 12:07 AM

May 2008
What the heck. That grandfather is really sht. Omg is jin gonna lose some more family. Thats so sad. Also they seemed to really rushed this episode, but its still good though.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 10, 2012 12:51 AM
Jan 2012
As someone who started reading zetman years before the anime came out i gotta say that I'm glad it finally is getting a show with top notch animation and a awesome opening song. But what i do notice is that Zetman is a manga hard to turn into anime. It has multiple chapters dedicated to character development and plot which to be honest despite the fact that it would look great and could be a great read in collected editions it can be a little dragging when reading it a chapter on a weekly basis (this two episodes were actually more than 20 chapters of the manga which explains more of the life of the homeless jin to being adopted. But you know what? this is not bad at all. Key moments are there and making our two heroes know each other before the fire (they originally met there) benefits this adaptation. The action is great and despite the fact that many people who've read the manga fear this show might not exactly be for a fresh new audience, let us remember that it took zetman a great bunch of chapters to explain about the whole concept of the players and zet. It only took the fisrt episode to explain a bunch of stuff that took a lot of time to do so in the manga. I'll keep on watching because i like this a lot.
Apr 10, 2012 1:35 AM

Sep 2011
Good episode,dancing with flames.

Again the adaptation it was rushed and left many things out even so i most say it was not bad.

The 3 peeps knowing each other change many things still its not that bad change even that i prefere the manga were they dont know each other until the fire.

They still keep key parts but again it feel so rushed.

Anyway they already 20 chapters in by this pace they really want to put a lot of shit in this first season.....next episode its going to be pretty good if they dont change many things...looking forward for it.
Apr 10, 2012 2:17 AM

Dec 2011
Hm...

Episode is interesting but again feels a little rushed...

I don't find transition to older characters bad... First episode was introduction, so we know who is Auntie, Konoha (love her btw), Kouga and to some extent why are those guys after him, while second one starts of the story.

Fight was awesome, and I get a feeling author was inspired by some DC Universe comics.

Anyway good episode, stays a solid 8 on my list (simply because I didn't read manga, so I can't be disappointed)

P.S.

I hope Auntie lives, if she dies I'm gonna rage...
Apr 10, 2012 2:26 AM

Mar 2009
Still very boring.

Are we supposed to care for Auntie? She had what, 4-5 scenes altogether?
Apr 10, 2012 2:33 AM

Jun 2011
Maybe its just me, but I for one really wanted them to skip jin's childhood. I don't think I would've cared about it much, just get to the main bulk of the story :S

5/5

Definitely one of the animes that I'm likely not gonna drop this season.
Apr 10, 2012 3:24 AM

Mar 2009
Too many changes and skipping of content. Auntie got much more development in the manga. Should have been a longer series. In the manga the scene where Jin remeets Konoha was different (for censorship purposes?) I wonder how the censors will deal with chapter 44: Orgy.
Apr 10, 2012 3:39 AM

Jun 2011
Nice anime, great animation, the plot so far seems to be a bit simple, but I still like it . But it has a great flaw for me (I may be the only one to think that) : the main heroine caractere (Konoha) . No matter how I see her she is the annoying type >_> (useless but still want to take part in what she sould not...type)
But it seems many people like her.. well good for them ^^ .
Apr 10, 2012 3:41 AM

Dec 2010
Am I the only one who lol'd at Kouga's "Boku wa seigi ni naru!"-line with Miyano Mamoru's voice? x'D He sounded like Light for a second. xD

The episode felt rushed a little but I like it for now.
Apr 10, 2012 3:48 AM

Jan 2012
This episode made me hate Kouga, but I'll see what happens in future episodes.
Apr 10, 2012 4:10 AM

Apr 2009
It seems they're trying to adapt 1 volume per episode, a this rate we're gonna have a full adaptation with only 13 episodes...
this almost makes me laugh
Apr 10, 2012 4:50 AM
Mar 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
amginex said:
WTF you talking about? She could be tranquillized for all we know. They did not show what came out from the gun and only that it was shot. These gun can be made for darts. However if she is dead there shall be RAGE is all I can really say.

eh,
from the fast paced of this show. its safe to assume shes dead already.

by the way, how many of those "evols" are there? i forgot from first episode. is jin suppose to kill all of them in 11 episodes?
"....i am the villain in this story"
Apr 10, 2012 5:06 AM

Oct 2010
glitchhunter said:
I wonder how the censors will deal with chapter 44: Orgy.
Don't remind me, I just went through it. I FELT LIKE RIPPING THAT GUY. Anyway, black screens of death and skipped scenes/ taken out IMO.
amginex said:
Yumekichi11 said:
amginex said:

eh,
from the fast paced of this show. its safe to assume shes dead already.
I can always have hope now.

Apr 10, 2012 5:13 AM

Sep 2010
Good episode. But all those justice shitz are ticking me off.

3.5/5
Apr 10, 2012 5:34 AM

Aug 2010
Wired-Abyss said:
I think Kouga is going to be a super annoying character. He seems super naive, and he's going to end up stealing all the credit from Jin. I can honestly see Kouga getting super jealous of Jin.

D: I feel that way too, though I hope that doesn't happen...
Besides being worried about auntie, the episode was good.
The action scenes are superb (: The rest feels rushed though.

[T.C.O] | [C.C.O]
Apr 10, 2012 5:38 AM
Feb 2008
Love to hear Miyano Mamoru's voice, but I think he's to good for this show - it feels a litte weird.
Apr 10, 2012 5:38 AM

Nov 2008
They skipped a lot and a lot of things that seemed worst comparing to the manga. But well..
Apr 10, 2012 5:57 AM
Jun 2010
the way the anime is going now is really disappointing, im glad i read the manga first after watching the first episode otherwise i probably wouldn't have enjoyed the chapters the anime has 'covered'

also taichi/ginga bishounen voice actor doesn't go well with the character imo
Apr 10, 2012 6:04 AM

Jun 2011
this show should had more episodes,13 is not enough
Apr 10, 2012 6:23 AM

Oct 2010
I'm just going to take this show as a spin off of Zetman and a modern day Devilman. They cut out so much shit and its going so fast.

So they going to kill off auntie in minutes just like they did gramps next episode. I wonder who is going to die next week.
Apr 10, 2012 6:25 AM

Apr 2010
Is that huge time skip actually covered in the manga? It really sucks if it'll keep skipping chapters so fast.
Apr 10, 2012 6:37 AM

Oct 2010
kaname92 said:
Is that huge time skip actually covered in the manga? It really sucks if it'll keep skipping chapters so fast.

Yeah it actually is and if u watch this episode. Read chapters 15-23 and you'll see how much content they cut just from this episode alone.

Most animes covers like 3 chapters per episode. This show covers like 10 chapters and changes the situations and dialogues. lol
bonifideApr 10, 2012 6:49 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Zetman is very underrated !!!

iamKetranLang - Feb 11, 2018

7 by LenRea »»
Mar 20, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Zetman Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 2, 2012

195 by Traotora »»
May 3, 2023 9:33 AM

Poll: » Zetman Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jenanime - Apr 23, 2012

60 by Eyth »»
Apr 28, 2023 7:56 AM

Poll: » Zetman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2012

137 by removed-user »»
Jan 31, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Zetman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 4, 2012

53 by Abdf »»
Mar 11, 2022 4:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.