Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2012 7:25 AM
Dec 2007
The last 3 or 4 episodes have been absolutely outstanding, and probably even better than the manga. Too bad there were THOSE 20 or so episodes before.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 9, 2012 7:58 AM

Feb 2012
I really didn't like the fight scene...Minene was dressed...well...not cool.
And, is it just me, or did something horrific happened to the art style?

However, the instrumental blood teller and the murmur special was awesome.

Jacut said:
The last 3 or 4 episodes have been absolutely outstanding, and probably even better than the manga. Too bad there were THOSE 20 or so episodes before.

The other way. The last 3 or 4 suck hard compared to the first 20(well...22, in my opinion)
Apr 9, 2012 9:32 AM

Mar 2012
And here i thought i was watching some dragon ball actions..
Murmur sure is one hell of a monster.. :D
Apr 9, 2012 10:07 AM

Oct 2009
The QUALITY on the battle bugs me a bit, but leaving that aside, it was a good episode.
MurMur sure is enjoying that arm... poor Minene

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Apr 9, 2012 10:53 AM

Aug 2011
I really liked this episode, the instrumental piece that was playing near the beginning was spectacular! Can't wait to download that. I believe it's an instrumental of the 1st ED.

I loved what Yuno said, about her loving anyone who she is dependent on and how Yukiteru loves anyone who will protect him. Damn. Good quote right there. This ep very much explained Yukiteru and Yuno's relationship and how deep it really is. Minene kicking ass was awesome, but Murmur was fucking scary when her seal broke.

Well, I wonder how it's going to end... one more episode!
Apr 9, 2012 11:12 AM

Oct 2009
Next episode is the last ;o;!! Murmur was scary as hell when her power was released D:! Totally destroyed my perception on Murmur being the cute evil side kick. And what the hell does the Mangaka have against Minene's arm and other body parts?! It's like every chance they can get to rip poor Minene arms in fight scenes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2012 11:13 AM

Jun 2011
Yes, I also really want that beautiful instrumental of Blood Teller :( if anyone finds a download link sooner or later, can they link please?

Half a year of Mirai Nikki and it's almost ending... haven't felt like this since Steins;Gate!
Apr 9, 2012 11:54 AM

Mar 2010
This episode was epic. I really like how they are handling the alternative worlds setting. Yuuno looked way too cool, I couldn't help but stare at her during all scenes she was in. I'm not sure if it was because of the wind or because they focused more on animating her. Yukki, on the other hand, looked kinda off. I'm not really sure what was wrong with him, but most of the views he got on his face seemed... strange to me.

Just like everyone, I loved Yuuno's speech about their relationship and that's pretty much what I thought until now so it didn't really surprise me but it was a very nice touch. Also, was I the only one who thought that 3rd Yuuno's dad looked to a rather nice person but her mother was the messed up one and he was just running away from her, maybe hoping she wouldn't hurt Yuuno? After all, he looked very shocked and worried to know that an ambulance was called there.

It was nice that Minene called the cop about his son. I felt as if she realised that Yukki was partly right (they should try to save as many people as possible without deciding on unnecessary sacrifices).

Demonic Murmur was amazing, her change was a very nice touch as well as her speed and power. Poor Minene, I hoped she would win somehow, after all, now that Yukki is out of the picture, she was pretty much the only hope. I wonder what will happen now, I really can't wait for the next episode. Hopefully, they don't mess up the ending.

The only thing I minded about this is that all of a sudden they make Yukki an experienced fighter. Heck, he's been hiding behind Yuuno all this time, when was he supposed to learn to fight HER like that? She was pretty much established as someone extremely talented and experienced (fighting for the 2nd time and all). She easily managed to block thrown knives with one knife, shoot proffesionally trained cops and use amazing strategy during fights. Now she gets beaten like a trash by someone who took over 20 episodes to finally do something on his own? Seriously. Other plot devices were MUCH easier to overlook than this.
Apr 9, 2012 12:06 PM

Feb 2012
HikaruIzumi said:

Also, was I the only one who thought that 3rd Yuuno's dad looked to a rather nice person but her mother was the messed up one and he was just running away from her, maybe hoping she wouldn't hurt Yuuno? After all, he looked very shocked and worried to know that an ambulance was called there.

That's weird, until now everything indicated that both her parents were assholes...well, at least they both cursed her when she locked them in cage.
Either this timeline is different or something happened within this 1 year until she killed them.
Apr 9, 2012 12:18 PM

Apr 2007
Can someone remind me who in the blue hell is Wakaba again?

and true epic fight scene in that episode, hopefully a great ending to a great anime!
Apr 9, 2012 12:18 PM

Jan 2011
Murmur turning into a freak monster was retarded.

I'm glad this is wrapping up. I'm intrigued for the ending has it's been half a year since ep 1 almost but, honestly, this show was much less than I thought it would be. It is by no means "great". The premise of the story allows it to be great but it really fell short. At least the animated version. Some really good parts, like Yuno's speech this episode, but far too many "milking drama" parts that didn't have any real meat to them.
Apr 9, 2012 12:19 PM

Apr 2010
GOD the fighting in this episode was AMAZING!!!! Face paced top notch FIGHTING! 5/5 Can't wait for the last episode.
Apr 9, 2012 12:20 PM

Sep 2007
Both Yuno and Yukiteru are just insane. Period. Yeah, kidnapping you is y'know, totally fine and all. She was trying to "protect" you after all. Yukiteru's logic is fucking retarded.
Apr 9, 2012 12:25 PM

Feb 2012
Wasabi said:
Both Yuno and Yukiteru are just insane. Period. Yeah, kidnapping you is y'know, totally fine and all. She was trying to "protect" you after all. Yukiteru's logic is fucking retarded.

I stopped paying attention to yukki/yuno dialogs two episodes ago, ever since he killed his friends it all turned to garbage.
Apr 9, 2012 12:29 PM

Mar 2010
nathanr said:

That's weird, until now everything indicated that both her parents were assholes...well, at least they both cursed her when she locked them in cage.
Either this timeline is different or something happened within this 1 year until she killed them.

Well, we were only told what her parents did to her but she was prety much insane at that point so to her it could have looked as if they were both torturing her. After all, if I adopted a child and that child would lock me in a cage (for no reason at all) and let me starve I would curse at her too. It's possible her father wasn't aware of what was going on but Yuuno didn't realise this.

I hope this timeline is exactly tha same, imo it would kinda suck if it was different for no reason at all. I mean, when Yuuno got back and changed it, it made sense but since there's no one to change anything at this point, it would be stupid to just say that it's different simply because it is.

It's possible that something did happen but still, he looked VERY worried, like a normal parent, not like someone potentially insane or someone about to go crazy. He was genuinely worried about his child and implied that he knew her mother was nuts but probably was too scared/loved her too much to do something about her. (Yuuno/Yukki much?)
Apr 9, 2012 12:37 PM

Aug 2009
LOLOLOL at the ending scene xDDD

and 1 more left! xP
Apr 9, 2012 12:38 PM

Aug 2009
Best episode in the whole series so far with both Yuno and Yukiteru stating their feelings and such. And the first time I've seen Yukiteru avoid DEAD END by himself.

I loved the manga and the anime. It was a good run but I want to see the last episode now.
Apr 9, 2012 12:38 PM

Jan 2011
What is the OST when Yuno misses Yuki with the knife.
[center]
Apr 9, 2012 12:42 PM

Jul 2009
Ho, ho, ho... What do we have here? Superb animation? Yum. Looks like they're finally emptying their wallets now. BRING ON THE FINALE!
Apr 9, 2012 12:59 PM

Feb 2011
Just one more to go....I wonder how they will choose to end it.
Apr 9, 2012 1:18 PM

Jun 2010
Okay, so I wasn't the only one that noticed the dip in quality in this episode. It didn't bother me that much, and the instrumental version of Blood teller makes up for it.
Apr 9, 2012 1:49 PM
Dec 2007
HikaruIzumi said:
nathanr said:

Well, we were only told what her parents did to her but she was prety much insane at that point so to her it could have looked as if they were both torturing her. After all, if I adopted a child and that child would lock me in a cage (for no reason at all) and let me starve I would curse at her too. It's possible her father wasn't aware of what was going on but Yuuno didn't realise this.

I hope this timeline is exactly tha same, imo it would kinda suck if it was different for no reason at all. I mean, when Yuuno got back and changed it, it made sense but since there's no one to change anything at this point, it would be stupid to just say that it's different simply because it is.

It's possible that something did happen but still, he looked VERY worried, like a normal parent, not like someone potentially insane or someone about to go crazy. He was genuinely worried about his child and implied that he knew her mother was nuts but probably was too scared/loved her too much to do something about her. (Yuuno/Yukki much?)
Yeah, it was her mother that locked her in the cage. Her father was completely unaware of it because he always overworked and never came home. While the father wasn't directly responsible (he didn't beat her, starve her or lock her in a cage) he was still indirectly responsible since it's readily apparent he knew his wife hated Yuno yet he still left them alone together even with his suspicions that she was abusing Yuno. That's not to say the dad deserved to die as well (he could change his ways and put more attention on his daughter if he's faced with reality) but I doubt the mother would have changed much. It was pretty obvious she used Yuno as an outlet to vent her anger with the world.

Apr 9, 2012 2:10 PM

Mar 2010
This episode was much better than the last 2-3 episodes. I love the scary looking murmur!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was starting to lose hope in this series but this episode made it up for me. I can't wait for the final episodes.
Apr 9, 2012 2:14 PM

Nov 2009
Ninth ='{ and poor Yukki! ... omg Mur-Mur is so creepy now!!! i was like Bleep! haha, i love how it showed all the characters again... i wonder what all is gonna happen XP this anime series is so amazing! I can't believe there is only one more ={ anyway great epi
Apr 9, 2012 2:28 PM

Sep 2011
MURMUR IS MAD AS HELL

Apr 9, 2012 2:29 PM

Jan 2012
nice episode, really am digging this, hope the last episode delivers!!
BTW, hope 9th isn't dead... and i seriously don't know how the hell they're gonna resolve this.
Apr 9, 2012 2:53 PM
Oct 2011
kaito696 said:
nice episode, really am digging this, hope the last episode delivers!!
BTW, hope 9th isn't dead... and i seriously don't know how the hell they're gonna resolve this.
For all 9th fans, y'all gonna love next episode!

Murmur turning Ryuk after being released by Yuno, don't remember that part in the manga, was good though.
decent episode overall, better than the 2 episodes before it.
Apr 9, 2012 3:18 PM
Jan 2012
Leon-Gun said:
HikaruIzumi said:
nathanr said:

Yeah, it was her mother that locked her in the cage. Her father was completely unaware of it because he always overworked and never came home. While the father wasn't directly responsible (he didn't beat her, starve her or lock her in a cage) he was still indirectly responsible since it's readily apparent he knew his wife hated Yuno yet he still left them alone together even with his suspicions that she was abusing Yuno. That's not to say the dad deserved to die as well (he could change his ways and put more attention on his daughter if he's faced with reality) but I doubt the mother would have changed much. It was pretty obvious she used Yuno as an outlet to vent her anger with the world.

Her mother didn't hate her, she even said so herself. She was just mentally ill.
Apr 9, 2012 4:08 PM

Oct 2011
Everytime Murmur made a noise I laughed.

Just one more episode left.

I really just want to see what the result of all of this is.

However, seeing the differences in the levels of crazy of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Yuno has all been interesting. We haven't seen 3rd Yukii yet... though of course he's a fairly boring character until ish went down throughout the series.

Apr 9, 2012 4:08 PM

Dec 2011
Murmur just raped 9th. So next week is the end. I hope that Yuno dies and Yuki lives. Please not double suicide or anything.
Apr 9, 2012 4:21 PM
Mar 2012
Ur.. The last few episodes have been well, out of character for the show. The fight scenes are awesome to look at but they feel rather out of place. I think the director is suffering from George Lucas Syndrome. Hopefully he got his shit together for the final episode.
Apr 9, 2012 4:28 PM

Jun 2011
god damn epic episode
Apr 9, 2012 4:46 PM
Jan 2012
Valkama said:
Ur.. The last few episodes have been well, out of character for the show. The fight scenes are awesome to look at but they feel rather out of place. I think the director is suffering from George Lucas Syndrome. Hopefully he got his shit together for the final episode.

Every time I read a comment like this (and it happens all the time on a variety of anime) I wonder: Do you realise that this anime is based off of a manga, and that the story development isn't a flight of fancy of some "director" but the actual manga storyline, that has been finalised ages ago?
Apr 9, 2012 4:57 PM
Mar 2010
Demonic Murumuru made me lol
beegyx8ball.deviantart.com

Apr 9, 2012 5:08 PM
Dec 2011
Unahim said:
Valkama said:

Every time I read a comment like this (and it happens all the time on a variety of anime) I wonder: Do you realise that this anime is based off of a manga, and that the story development isn't a flight of fancy of some "director" but the actual manga storyline, that has been finalised ages ago?

^ this
and it isn't really out of place since well YUNO IS GOD........... anything is possible

going on a tangent what is out of place is Claymore anime ending, which is a total deviation from the manga at the end. LOLOLLOL rollerskate jetpacks (you would know if you watched claymore)
Apr 9, 2012 5:56 PM

Jan 2011
Awesome episode. Really satisfied with this episode, adapted from the manga very well. Especially that Murmur and Ninth's fight, so epic oh my gawd. Definitely reminded me of DBZ fights. xD It's a shame though, Murmur was overpowered, her seal has been released and now she's gone beserk. Those eyes though, too awesome for words.

Yuno on the other hand, emotions are messing with her judgement. Yuuki had a pretty brave and heroic face at times, that was pretty cool. It was pretty sad when Yuuki was in his 'dream world' sphere and couldn't say Yuno's name and that she didn't even exist. That Wakaba scene, damn scary shit. Yuuki's in deep love with Yuno. Crazy shit indeed. xD

Looking forward to next week's Happy End. Although I wouldn't mind an Anime-only ending. The manga ending... :\
Apr 9, 2012 6:15 PM

Mar 2011
You know how when you watch a zombie horror movie there's always one zombie that climbs on the ceiling and it's head turns all the way around? That's what murmur reminded me of!!! The ninth was really cool again this episode when she told the 4th to get his son help and I think I liked yuki a little bit better (or maybe because his shorts changed near the end because i hate looking at his knees!!! )when he dodged the knife. This episode reminded me of a more expensive version of dragon ball with the ninth vs murmur o.o
BossTheKidApr 9, 2012 6:20 PM
[Input amazing signature]
Jelly?
Apr 9, 2012 6:19 PM

Dec 2010
They are adapting this almost exactly to the manga which makes me happy; looking forward to the final episode and the conclusion to the series
Apr 9, 2012 6:30 PM

Sep 2011
This episode was full of quality, were the animators on crack or something?
[center]
Apr 9, 2012 6:35 PM

Oct 2008
Scud said:
Why is this show so bad.

Bad pacing and lots of asspulls basically
Apr 9, 2012 6:35 PM
Aug 2011
This episode definitely didn't disappoint, I can't wait to see peoples reaction to the last episode if they keep the manga ending.
Apr 9, 2012 6:39 PM
Apr 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
They are adapting this almost exactly to the manga which makes me happy; looking forward to the final episode and the conclusion to the series

I think the differences now have become quite significant. Now even Yukki's personality has changed compared to the manga. Let's compare the differences between this version and the one in the manga.

Long version: In the corresponding Manga part, Yuno is the one that decides to kill Yukki – NOT Murmur. Also, up to that point she really doesn't care that much about what her diary says compared to the anime. Also, in the manga, Yukki still keeps wanting to save everyone. In the anime, he simply decides to face Yuno directly, and then tries to convince her to leave with him and let her kill him there in the 2nd world. Also, there's a lot more fighting in the anime than there is in the manga.

Regarding the illusionary sphere part, the anime says it's the core of Deus that grants her those powers. In the manga, it's just her own god power that allows her to do so. By justifying she only has those godlike powers when she steals the core, the anime creates a plothole. Also, in the manga, Yuno really means it when she says she would be happy with everyone and Yukki was happy using her. In the anime, she does that to make Yukki give up on her.

By the way, I won't spoil the ending, but I do hope it is different from what I've read in the manga. The manga really has a WTF? ending.

Short version of my whole point: maga Yuno is a real cold, calculating BITCH compared to anime Yuno, which portrays her simply as a dangerous, insane person. Manga Yukki is a bit more of a pussy compared to anime Yukki. Manga Murmur is simply mischievous. Anime Murmur is EVIL.
Deus_Ex_DiabolusApr 9, 2012 6:52 PM
Apr 9, 2012 7:30 PM

Jul 2007
Deus_Ex_Diabolus said:

Short version of my whole point: maga Yuno is a real cold, calculating BITCH compared to anime Yuno, which portrays her simply as a dangerous, insane person. Manga Yukki is a bit more of a pussy compared to anime Yukki. Manga Murmur is simply mischievous. Anime Murmur is EVIL.

QFT.

I can't wait to see if they are going to make their own ending or stick with the WTF manga ending (can't decide which one would be worse, but it will have a lot of YunoxYukki drama since these people seems to love it LOL).
Apr 9, 2012 7:34 PM

Feb 2010
AnimeTroll1088 said:

^ this
and it isn't really out of place since well YUNO IS GOD........... anything is possible

It's out of place.
Apr 9, 2012 7:37 PM

Feb 2010
Deus_Ex_Diabolus said:

Regarding the illusionary sphere part, the anime says it's the core of Deus that grants her those powers. In the manga, it's just her own god power that allows her to do so. By justifying she only has those godlike powers when she steals the core, the anime creates a plothole. Also, in the manga, Yuno really means it when she says she would be happy with everyone and Yukki was happy using her. In the anime, she does that to make Yukki give up on her.

how does that creates a plot hole? if anything they remove the plothole about yuno not having powers during the first world.
Apr 9, 2012 7:47 PM
Apr 2012
Vanisher said:
Deus_Ex_Diabolus said:

how does that creates a plot hole? if anything they remove the plothole about yuno not having powers during the first world.

Not really. They already solved that by saying in the anime Murmur supressed Yuno's memories. If she can't remember she has god powers, how will she abuse them in the first place? And you're wrong saying she had no powers: both the anime and the manga (the manga does this much better, though) show how she has a godlike agility, speed and strength. How could she deflect all those knives from 7th being just a normal girl? Or dodge those bombs while running in school, or hold big weapons so easily? There's the plothole the anime reintroduces when they say Yuno's powers come from Deus' stolen core.
Deus_Ex_DiabolusApr 9, 2012 7:57 PM
Apr 9, 2012 8:00 PM

Nov 2011
Like with every episode, I tried to approach it seriously. Then Murmur and Minene decided to go all DBZ. Aside from that, it was OK, much like every other episode so far. I can only hope it ends nicely, i.e. not as contrived and convenient as most of the writing.
Apr 9, 2012 8:01 PM
Mar 2012
Unahim said:
Valkama said:

No, what I'm saying is the fighting scenes are out of place. I really don't care for the typical flying air battles. And if the manga did have flying air battles then they could have at least made them not take a year and a half. As far as the story goes I find it pretty good just the pacing needs some work which the director can do something about.
Apr 9, 2012 8:32 PM
Apr 2012
Valkama said:
Unahim said:
Valkama said:

No, what I'm saying is the fighting scenes are out of place. I really don't care for the typical flying air battles. And if the manga did have flying air battles then they could have at least made them not take a year and a half. As far as the story goes I find it pretty good just the pacing needs some work which the director can do something about.

Yes, the manga did have "flying fights," but they were a lot quicker. I was quite surprised to see all those scenes. Instead, the manga focused more on Yuno's denial (which is pratically inexistent in the anime,) and in what happens inside Yuno's illusionary sphere. Another interesting point is that, in the manga, since Yukki knows Yuno is a god, he avoids fighting and keeps evading all her attacks (he also gets many more dead ends, too.) Since he avoids fighting in the manga, Yuno traps him in the illusionary sphere – she doesn't throw the sphere on him, as she does on the anime, as if it were some sort of attack.

Also, the scene with Yukki's former love doesn't happen at all in the manga.
Deus_Ex_DiabolusApr 9, 2012 8:40 PM
Apr 9, 2012 9:09 PM

May 2011
I am going to be so sad when this series is over with
Now how they finish it determines if this stays a 9 or moves up to a 10 for me
Certainly did the adaptation justice and its been an excellent thriller

Really hope I can notch it up to 10
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 20, 2011

284 by coldnails »»
Mar 23, 11:39 AM

» Is she GooD or just obsessed

rishamr - Mar 20

26 by Pendragon572 »»
Mar 23, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 15, 2012

266 by owonism »»
Mar 6, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 18, 2011

172 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Feb 24, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 6, 2011

302 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Feb 24, 5:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.