Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2012 9:19 PM

Apr 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Anyone else see the world premiere of this at Sakura Con?
Apr 8, 2012 8:44 AM
Apr 2012
Right here!! ☆*:。 o(≧▽≦)o 。:*☆ Having a blast at Sakura-con!
Apr 8, 2012 9:25 AM

Apr 2011
Me too! (^ - ^) Maybe I saw you, were you cosplaying as anything?

Oh, and does anyone know what day this airs in Japan?
Apr 8, 2012 9:26 AM

May 2008
I was there too, it was great :D. I love Sakura-Con!!!!!
Apr 8, 2012 9:30 AM

May 2009
Alyx_Phantomhive said:
Saturday next week.
Apr 8, 2012 3:37 PM

Sep 2008
Saw it! It was amazing!!

Gen Urobuchi, Atsuhiro Iwakami, and Katsuhi Ota, the creator, producer, and editor-in-chief of Fate/Zero were all there watching it with us and seeing it themselves for the first time. It was so cool to hear them complimenting us afterwards on how straightforward we were in our enthusiasm for the show during the screening. Every one of the dozens of epic or well-scripted moments of the show immediately drew cheers and applause, which is something we're pretty much used to as a western audience. It was their first time visiting America as a group, and said they would never have been able to get that type of vocal reaction out of a japanese audience - that it was their first time experiencing it for their show. That was just so cool in my opinion. :)

It never occurred to me that we at Sakura-con, in being incredibly privileged to meet these important people and in trying to get the most out the opportunity to interact with them and enjoy the exclusive the content they brought us at the con, that we might also be giving them an unforgettable, first-time experience. Rather than the fans just trying to extract as much as we could out of our guests, the whole thing ended up being an incredible, moving experience for both sides.

Anyway, it was an unforgettable event and weekend in general - I could not have asked for a better experience for my first convention.
Apr 8, 2012 3:47 PM

Aug 2009
WHAT?! Was it shown in the USA earlier than everywhere?
Apr 8, 2012 3:50 PM

Dec 2008
Premiered as in teaser?
If it aired fully, they'd have talked about the episode's content/development I'd like to believe? Iunno, is what an 'episode 2' discussion means, but only saw things related to the event. Wanted to compare in advance with the light novel which is why I looked here ;A;

Glad to know people enjoyed the event, same for the guests.
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Apr 8, 2012 3:56 PM

May 2009
TitanioVerde said:
Both episode 14 and 15 were shown at Sakura-Con on April 7 and in theaters in Japan the previous day.
Apr 8, 2012 3:59 PM

Nov 2008
I hate you guys. ;_;
Apr 8, 2012 4:22 PM
Oct 2010
a nice big warm fuck you to all of you who saw it early
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Apr 8, 2012 6:54 PM

Sep 2008
stAtic91 said:
TitanioVerde said:
Both episode 14 and 15 were shown at Sakura-Con on April 7 and in theaters in Japan the previous day.

Only episode 14 was shown in Japan the previous day, as scheduled (not episode 15). No one else outside of that room at Sakura-con will be seeing episode 15 until it airs in Japan at the regular time next week.

Hakoria said:
Premiered as in teaser?
If it aired fully, they'd have talked about the episode's content/development I'd like to believe? Iunno, is what an 'episode 2' discussion means, but only saw things related to the event. Wanted to compare in advance with the light novel which is why I looked here ;A;

Glad to know people enjoyed the event, same for the guests.

It was the full episode - I guess most of the people who already saw it are still in the mode of information protection (they were very strict about making sure no one was using any electronics to be able to capture any images from the episode early). There was no mention about posting details online though, and even if there was, I'm sure people would be doing it anyway.

Anyway, here is a synopsis of the episode as I remember it.
(Note: Massive spoilers!! Obviously, please do not read if you haven't already seen the episode or read the book!)

Apr 8, 2012 7:06 PM

May 2009
Knil said:
stAtic91 said:
TitanioVerde said:

Only episode 14 was shown in Japan the previous day, as scheduled (not episode 15). No one else outside of that room at Sakura-con will be seeing episode 15 until it airs in Japan at the regular time next week.
Really? That's not what I have heard: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-03-12/fate/zero-2nd-season-set-for-april-7-with-preview-on-6th

I also read details about the 15th episode before it was shown at Sakura-Con. And, according to the person who wrote that, his source was a Japanese friend who had seen it in theaters.

FlashFumo said:
I hate you guys. ;_;
KingCez said:
a nice big warm fuck you to all of you who saw it early
You have to look at it from a different, more positive, perspective; at least the rest of us won't have to wait two weeks to see a new episode.
Apr 8, 2012 7:09 PM

Jul 2011
T_T Damn you people who saw it early.
Apr 8, 2012 9:25 PM

Sep 2008
stAtic91 said:
Knil said:
stAtic91 said:
TitanioVerde said:

Really? That's not what I have heard: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-03-12/fate/zero-2nd-season-set-for-april-7-with-preview-on-6th

I also read details about the 15th episode before it was shown at Sakura-Con. And, according to the person who wrote that, his source was a Japanese friend who had seen it in theaters.

That actually might be possible, though what they were seeing in Japan would have been a lower quality version.

At a panel the day before, Aniplex informed us that the episode we would be seeing was an HD copy that was rushed to be ready specifically in time for Sakura-con and that we were "the first people in the universe to see it". Gen Urobuchi, the creator of Fate/Zero, said he had only seen the storyboard up to that point and was watching the episode with us for the first time, but a lower-quality version might still have screened in Japan the day before. It certainly was not mentioned in any of the panels though.
KnilApr 8, 2012 9:42 PM
Apr 8, 2012 9:26 PM

Apr 2011
Knil said:
It was the full episode - I guess most of the people who already saw it are still in the mode of information protection (they were very strict about making sure no one was using any electronics to be able to capture any images from the episode early). There was no mention about posting details online though, and even if there was, I'm sure people would be doing it anyway.

I was wondering about the information protection aspect as well, since I was considering making a review up to the first two episodes, but I was worried that I couldn't legally give out that information.

I think the most risque question one of the fans asked were if Urobuchi was expressing his religious views through Caster and Ryuunosuke. Everyone in the audience was like "Whoaaaa" when that question was asked.

Knil said:
Gen Urobuchi, Atsuhiro Iwakami, and Katsuhi Ota, the creator, producer, and editor-in-chief of Fate/Zero were all there watching it with us and seeing it themselves for the first time. It was so cool to hear them complimenting us afterwards on how straightforward we were in our enthusiasm for the show during the screening. Every one of the dozens of epic or well-scripted moments of the show immediately drew cheers and applause, which is something we're pretty much used to as a western audience. It was their first time visiting America as a group, and said they would never have been able to get that type of vocal reaction out of a japanese audience - that it was their first time experiencing it for their show. That was just so cool in my opinion. :)

I agree, I was amazed that they all hadn't seen the episode yet even though they did such important work creating it. I'm not familiar with the process of creating anime, so this could be very normal for all I know, but it still felt great knowing that this was their first time seeing it too and they could enjoy it alongside the fans.

As for it being unusual for them that the audience was cheering and applauding scenes, given how indescribably amazing that episode was I can't imagine just sitting there silently and holding in my excitement. Like when
I just couldn't contain myself and cheered madly, and when
I was on the edge of my seat wondering how it would turn out. So when
I shouted "NOOOO!" because I didn't want the battle to be over that easily. x3

I hope Gen Urobuchi, Katsuhi Ota, and Atsuhiro Iwakami had a great time, because that really was an once-in-a-lifetime experience for both the fans and them. =]
Apr 8, 2012 10:27 PM

Feb 2012
I personally wouldn't want to see the ep a week early. Grats to those that did though. I'm sure it was amazing at sakura-con.

But as was said above, be glad you wont have to wait TWO weeks to see a new ep.
Apr 8, 2012 11:18 PM

Jun 2009
i was lucky to get to see this at Sakura Con, this and episode 14 are really well done and it was exactly i imagined from the light novels. plus i found it neat to watch it with mister Urobuchi himself.
Apr 9, 2012 12:58 AM
Apr 2012
Alyx_Phantomhive said:

No I wasn't cosplaying at all... I went by myself couldn't build the courage at all >.< hopefully next year ^-^) btw were you cosplaying?

We saw the Episode (#15) 2 days before the TV broadcast in Japan! We're the first ones to see it, in the entire world. It wasn't shown on theaters or anywhere else but Sakura-Con. EP 14 was the one shown on theaters on Japan the day before!
aslkdfnApr 9, 2012 1:13 AM
Apr 9, 2012 1:28 AM

May 2010
Congrats to all who saw it early. There's one thing killing the rest of us until next week, is there a Kajiura cover of Saber's Sword of Promised Victory theme? That would make my year.
Apr 9, 2012 6:59 AM
Jul 2010
Subby said:
Congrats to all who saw it early. There's one thing killing the rest of us until next week, is there a Kajiura cover of Saber's Sword of Promised Victory theme? That would make my year.
I'm dying to know that too...
Apr 9, 2012 7:33 AM
Jul 2007
Knil said:
Saw it! It was amazing!!

It never occurred to me that we at Sakura-con, in being incredibly privileged to meet these important people and in trying to get the most out the opportunity to interact with them and enjoy the exclusive the content they brought us at the con, that we might also be giving them an unforgettable, first-time experience. Rather than the fans just trying to extract as much as we could out of our guests, the whole thing ended up being an incredible, moving experience for both sides.

Anyway, it was an unforgettable event and weekend in general - I could not have asked for a better experience for my first convention.

That's great to know. I'm glad they're taking into account the American audience and what we like to see compared to the Japanese audience's tastes.
Apr 9, 2012 7:43 AM

Dec 2011
Now I don't understand anything...

If episode one was pre-aired we need to wait two more weeks?

I thought it was supposed to start on April 6. and second episode on April 13.

Confusing...
Apr 9, 2012 8:54 AM

May 2009
akutasame94 said:
No, but the people who saw episode 15 early have to wait two weeks for episode 16, while the rest of us get to see an episode we haven't seen before on April 14.
Apr 9, 2012 8:55 AM

Dec 2011
stAtic91 said:
akutasame94 said:
No, but the people who saw episode two early have to wait two weeks for episode three, while the rest of us get to see an episode we haven't seen before on April 14.

Ah thanks... :)
Apr 9, 2012 8:56 AM

Jun 2008
WTH...
To the lady XXYumichika... please, edit your post and post it under spoiler tag.

Thanks.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 9, 2012 9:01 AM
Jul 2010
XXYumichika said:
You know what? If I hadn't read the novel I'd be really angry right now. Please have some consideration for other people, will ya? Because most don't like to be spoiled. Not to mention that your spoilers, besides super detailed, go up to the epilogue.
So would you mind editing your post?

EDIT: I was beat to it^^
Apr 9, 2012 9:09 AM

May 2009
Just report her. She deliberately posted spoilers in both episode discussion threads just to piss people off.
Apr 9, 2012 9:12 AM

Dec 2011
stAtic91 said:
Just report her. She deliberately posted spoilers in both episode discussion threads just to piss people off.

Yup already pissed me...

Luckily I forgot everything (I didn't read it carefully) but I remembered sad detail about Saber... At least I won't be shocked when it happens...
Apr 9, 2012 10:26 AM

Apr 2011
Kuroyuki-hime said:
Alyx_Phantomhive said:

No I wasn't cosplaying at all... I went by myself couldn't build the courage at all >.< hopefully next year ^-^) btw were you cosplaying?

We saw the Episode (#15) 2 days before the TV broadcast in Japan! We're the first ones to see it, in the entire world. It wasn't shown on theaters or anywhere else but Sakura-Con. EP 14 was the one shown on theaters on Japan the day before!

I almost went by myself, but managed to get a friend who wanted to come with me at the very last minute.

Yes, I cosplayed as Megpoid Gumi in her standard outfit (and I think I was the only one at the convention in her original outfit too).

It was a great experience for my first convention. ^^ I'm hoping to go to another in Vancouver this year as well.
Apr 9, 2012 7:19 PM
Mar 2008
I'm fairly certain Sword of Promised Victory did play during that scene.

What did surprise me is that they put Joan into Caster's mini-flash back. Makes me wonder if they'll do the same with
Apr 10, 2012 4:24 AM
Jun 2007
I was cosplaying as Yosuke from Persona 4. This was the best thing at Sakura con for me. Watching it on the big screen with a big crowd of people it made it all more epic with the fights.

There was also a raffle for limited edition posters and my friend won one but he doesn't watch Fate Zero so he gave it to me. Got it signed by Urobuchi, Iwakami and Ota. Best day ever. Really wanted to win the signed novels though.
Apr 10, 2012 6:42 PM
Apr 2012
Alyx_Phantomhive said:
Kuroyuki-hime said:
Alyx_Phantomhive said:

I almost went by myself, but managed to get a friend who wanted to come with me at the very last minute.

Yes, I cosplayed as Megpoid Gumi in her standard outfit (and I think I was the only one at the convention in her original outfit too).

It was a great experience for my first convention. ^^ I'm hoping to go to another in Vancouver this year as well.

Glad u got a friend to go with... I did saw you hahaha I wanted to snatch a picture of you but you were a little far away from me. It was great — I laugh it off when someone asked "Who would win in a fight? Homura or Kiritsugu?" lol

It was my first convention too... I had a great time. ^-^) are u going to anime revolution??
Apr 14, 2012 8:47 AM
Oct 2010
nico nicp stream is being laggy for me :(

Apr 14, 2012 8:54 AM

Nov 2007
KingCez said:
nico nicp stream is being laggy for me :(
Not just you. I think there are many people who are watching it right now.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 14, 2012 8:58 AM

Jan 2010
Great job once again by Ufotable.

I still think the new OP is lazy though. It doesn't have the impact of the first one and they could have skipped out on the ~10 seconds of looking at the exhaust of Saber's VMAX since that just seems redundant.
Ok™
Apr 14, 2012 9:06 AM
Oct 2010
o damn this was fucking great. when she screamed out at that part when caster appeared was epiccccc~

Apr 14, 2012 9:11 AM

Jul 2007
This is just so good that i can't find words to describe it lol. 5/5 awesome episode. Ufotable ROCKS!
Apr 14, 2012 9:20 AM

Feb 2009
Amazing. It looks like they've structured this season so that
Apr 14, 2012 9:22 AM

Feb 2009
Dat Jeanne. Seriously, dat Jeanne.
Farewell Caster.

And epic Excalibur is epic. Along with the Sword of Promised Victory theme playing.
Just...epic. Where was the boat though that Kiritsugu placed?
And I could have used Gilgamesh laughing while he was disappearing in the end as well as a flashback with Enkidu. Oh well, BD I guess.

And if next episode is what I think it is, it's going to be tragic as well.
belatkuroApr 14, 2012 9:27 AM
Apr 14, 2012 9:27 AM
Jun 2011
Great episode as always. Saber launching Excalibur was EPIC!
Apr 14, 2012 9:36 AM

May 2009
McRib said:
I still think the new OP is lazy though. It doesn't have the impact of the first one...
Because there's no action? It has a more emotional and meaningful impact for me, showing most masters and servants facing away and being all gloomy, while focusing more on Kiritsugu and foreshadowing what's to come. I prefer this opening and think it's a perfect fit for the second season. Musically, it's a lot better too, imo; but then again, I'm probably biased because it's Kalafina... Well, it's all subjective and opinions.
Apr 14, 2012 9:46 AM
Sep 2011
Kirei's evil grin doesn't bode well for Kariya even though it doesn't seem like he wants to eliminate him from the competition just yet...
Apr 14, 2012 9:56 AM

Jan 2011
I think Kariya stands a chance to kill Tokiomi with that bastard's help.. and great op as always.
cant wait for gilgamesh vs rider's fight
Apr 14, 2012 10:10 AM

Jun 2009
And thus, Gilgamesh obsession of Saber begins.

It's a pretty good rendition of Sword of the Promised Victory by Kajiura. I expected more since Fate/Zero's Sword of the Promised Victory was amazing. It kinda set the standard too high for me. Overall, great episode.
Apr 14, 2012 10:10 AM
Feb 2012
When Excalibur was charging....
omg.
Apr 14, 2012 10:21 AM

Dec 2009
EX CALIBUR

Goodbye Caster. I'm glad they put Joan on this episode, I really want to see an animation of Fate with Joan animated. Perhaps if I make another Fate fanfic I'll make Joan the servant of the protagonist.

And for say goodbye to Caster we can have this picture:
Linkark07Apr 14, 2012 10:28 AM
Apr 14, 2012 10:25 AM

Jan 2012
Damn, rewatched this twice, and LOVED IT!!!
The whole episode was great, but of course, EX CALIBAH was the best part.
Feeling it for Kariya... And damn, next weeks seems like its gonna be awesome
but i did get KINDA spoilt unto whats gonna happen next week... hopefully, the spoiler i got was just a false clam!! >_<
Apr 14, 2012 10:49 AM

Aug 2011
Fuck yeah Saber.

I honestly find Kiritsugu attractive. Thanks, ufotable, for making your character designs so freaking awesome. I love Lancer and his chivalry. This episode is the start of Gilgamesh's "love" towards Saber. I totally ship those two. Fuck Shirou.
Apr 14, 2012 10:58 AM

Jul 2011
Brilliant episode.
Now that one maniac is out of the picture the war will start again. Although I will miss the all-hero-minus-berserker-cooperation. Although Bersercraft and his ability to almost ruin every possible plan is top notch thing for me. Like this unpredictable maniac.
Looking forward to next eps.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.