Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 7, 2012 9:30 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The cat monkey's get everyone on the crew in quarantine except Marika who left to go to school. Marika has to look for a new crew so that the Bentemaru won't lose a license (I liked Show with the afro). Turns out that Chiaki's father was hindering this because he didn't want her to get a crew that she couldn't trust. So, she decides to use the yacht club. Looks like were are finally going to get "miniskirt" pirates.
Apr 7, 2012 10:14 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
As smart as Marika is, she was missing the obvious this time. Very funny.
Apr 7, 2012 10:17 AM

Jul 2011
I knew it was going to be the yacht club!

Lol @ Marika in a suit with short skirt.

Chiaki's dad is cool.

Great episode!
Apr 7, 2012 10:34 AM

Aug 2010
I knew from the beginning that the yacht club would be her crew =) was fun to see her struggle to find a crew and finally come to that conclusion though. Also, OL-Marika with miniskirt was SEXY.

I also loled at Gruier's first "incognito" outfit. Conspiciously inconspicious :)

And Chiaki's dad is cool, and def. in the "ruggedly handsome" category.

Next time on Moretsu Pirates: Schoolgirls in Space (again) Gotta love this show

PS: that insurance guy was hilarious XD
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Apr 7, 2012 10:40 AM
Mar 2012
Next episode yacht club girls will be temporary pirate crew.
Apr 7, 2012 10:52 AM
Jan 2011
And now it is officialy "Mouretsu Pirates."

SAAAAA, KAIZOKU JIKAN DAYO!!!

Btw, I wonder if Ririka has something to do with the crews' predicament?
Nasty001Apr 7, 2012 11:58 AM
Apr 7, 2012 10:52 AM

Nov 2008
Oh dear god next ep will be a mess with Marika's friends taking over the Bentamaru.

Chiaki's father is badass looking but awfully cheerful for his looks.

Marika looks good in as an OL.

Apr 7, 2012 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
That was a good episode,I need more Chiaki-chan though :3
Apr 7, 2012 11:06 AM

Apr 2010
Seems like i wasn't the only one wondering why she didn't ask the yacht club when she mentioned she needed a crew not only can she trust them there also pretty capable.
Even tho they never did and pirating before they should be able to pull it of without to much trouble.
I also wonder why Ririka didn't think about that either.

It was a pretty funny episode and Marika only realised now how famous she actually is especially when walking around in that crowd.
And we also got to meet Chiaki's father who seems to have a very nice personality despite his looks and he also seems to trust his daughter.

Ririka also seemed to have some very interesting story's about the owner of the insurance company.
Apr 7, 2012 11:49 AM

Feb 2012
For some reason I think they are going to mess this up.. xD Might as well wait and see.
Apr 7, 2012 11:50 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Hoppy said:
Oh dear god next ep will be a mess with Marika's friends taking over the Bentamaru

One wonders if they will be more of a 'problem' and cause more trouble than the regular crew might ever have been ;)

Given that we know that most of the "yacht club" girls have "colorful" backgrounds already, turning them loose with a heavily armed cruiser class warship may be "interesting".
CratexApr 7, 2012 11:56 AM
Apr 7, 2012 12:32 PM

Feb 2008
i was wondering how they were going to transition into this.....kind of basic but it works. still though, lets see how it turns out.
Apr 7, 2012 12:49 PM

May 2011
MM-Rosiie said:
I knew it was going to be the yacht club!

Lol @ Marika in a suit with short skirt.

Chiaki's dad is cool.

Great episode!

Yeah, pretty much this.

I also liked the previews for the next episode. The main crew is in agonizing horror in the quarantine room. It's most likely due to the fact they found out a bunch of silly teenage girls are going to be running their precious ship for a few weeks. They'll most likely have to do another disinfection for the "moe" cuteness the ship will have received during that time.
Apr 7, 2012 1:26 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah Cirris I was thinking to say the about the preview and I could kind of figure out that she would invite her friends from yacht club.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 7, 2012 1:36 PM

Oct 2011
Adorable episode :D

good to see some more details into pirating job
how it's run and money deals around it
nice thing here

and some more development for Marika... but maybe she and Gruier are not the best spy team ;)
I agree... poor old crew ;) or maybe they are afraid of their jobs - teenage girl space pirate ship would be a hit I think
Apr 7, 2012 3:08 PM

Feb 2007
-sigh- I was really hoping I would like this show...

This development just feels so forced (conveniently placed cat-monkeys with colds?).

And why would they choose to dedicate an entire episode to her searching for a new crew? It was obvious from the outset that she would choose the yacht club. Not to mention it undermines Marika's credibility as a talented captain that she was unable to recognize that they would make a good crew. This episode could have been condensed into less than 10 minutes, but they chose to pad it out with filler probably just so they could have a reason to introduce Chiaki's dad.

And once again, Marika doesn't have to face any real challenges. In the previous arc it turned out that the main plot conflict was basically just a squabble between siblings that was easily resolved thanks to the watchful oversight of their dedicated and loving servants (which is totally realistic because servants never, ever grow resentful of their overlords when their power begins to wane).
This time around, it seems as though she might have to confront the tough business side of her job but, as it turns out, the insurance guy is really quite nice and helpful. And when it comes time for her to choose a new crew, she gets dressed up in a sexy and wildly expensive outfit (bought for her by a princess no less) and wanders around a shady port (without encountering any sort of danger) until the captain of another pirate ship kindly steps forward and tells her what to do.

Gosh, the writers of this show should really hold back a bit. All this suspense and intrigue might just give me a heart attack! </sarcasm>
Apr 7, 2012 3:26 PM

Dec 2011
Yay we get to see all the cute girls again next week. Bentenmaru's crew sure is unlucky right now.
Apr 7, 2012 5:04 PM

Jun 2009
Hahah, i was pondering why Marika didn't think about getting Yacht Club members as first thing. Then when i lost hope, Chiaki just told her to do that.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 7, 2012 6:45 PM

Jul 2009
So... Did anyone else notice that the cyborg who doesn't even breathe caught an air-transmitted infection?

Logic.
ElectromistressApr 7, 2012 6:49 PM
Apr 7, 2012 7:04 PM

Dec 2011
Electromaster said:
So... Did anyone else notice that the cyborg who doesn't even breathe caught an air-transmitted infection?

Logic.

I was thinking about that, until I just stop caring about the minor details.
Apr 7, 2012 7:19 PM

Aug 2008
When she was thinking of searching a crew, the first members I thought was the yatch club (but it's quite obvious that it would be them). Now, things will get more interesting! :P
Apr 7, 2012 8:40 PM

May 2011
EclairHeart said:
Electromaster said:

Logic.

Maybe one of the cat monkey's scratched him.
Apr 8, 2012 12:31 AM
Apr 2010
Cirris said:
EclairHeart said:
Electromaster said:

Logic.

Maybe one of the cat monkey's scratched him.

I read in other forums that
Apr 8, 2012 6:59 AM

Aug 2011
Surprised she didn't turn to the club sooner. I have faith in the Yacht crew in piloting the Bentenmaru!

Finally, the Lost Child ED is back with an updated pirate suit and cast! Lovely.
Apr 8, 2012 7:18 AM

Apr 2010
Episode was okay, dragged out a little too much IMO. Lol cat monkeys.

3/5
Apr 8, 2012 10:01 AM

Jan 2012
So even though Marika went out to recruit some pirates, she ended up with the girls in the yacht club, Gruer and Chiaki-chan. And how come such a cute and little cat monkey can contain such a virus??

This should be interesting..

Apr 8, 2012 10:36 AM

Apr 2010
Electromaster said:

Logic.
A cyborg is a human who is improved with mechanical parts so it's still possible for them to get sick.
He must have some part of his body which is exposed to the air around him and this is most likely also a body part which contains a opining for a virus or bacteria to enter the body such as his mouth nostrils or eyes.
Apr 8, 2012 10:44 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Electromaster said:

Logic.

I'm sure I could be wrong, but I don't recall the show ever saying he doesn't breathe. In episode 12 Marika says (according the Crunchroll subs) "You may know intellectually that cyborgs don't need spacesuits, but..."

We know almost nothing about how a cyborg works in this world, in particular how it might fuel its body. If nothing else, oxygen is a good chemical for fueling reactions when mixed with other chemicals that react with it, and if it is available free in the air around you why not take it in when you can?

On the other hand, even if that is the correct explanation, the show could have done explaining if he was sick or not and how or why a bit better.
Apr 8, 2012 11:27 AM
Feb 2012
Schnitzer never asked for this.
Apr 8, 2012 11:57 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Dako said:
Surprised she didn't turn to the club sooner. I have faith in the Yacht crew in piloting the Bentenmaru!

There is a valid reason why she didn't do that (in fact very reluctant). Next episode you'll see lol.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 9, 2012 1:29 AM
Feb 2012
Cratex said:
Electromaster said:

Logic.

I'm sure I could be wrong, but I don't recall the show ever saying he doesn't breathe. In episode 12 Marika says (according the Crunchroll subs) "You may know intellectually that cyborgs don't need spacesuits, but..."

We know almost nothing about how a cyborg works in this world, in particular how it might fuel its body. If nothing else, oxygen is a good chemical for fueling reactions when mixed with other chemicals that react with it, and if it is available free in the air around you why not take it in when you can?

On the other hand, even if that is the correct explanation, the show could have done explaining if he was sick or not and how or why a bit better.

I think the way they did it in the anime was purely for comedic purpose but it seems the novel explained that he was isolated despite not exhibiting the symptoms so he wouldn't contaminate other people.
Apr 9, 2012 6:16 AM

Apr 2011
Hahaha!

Marika maybe smart, but she can't see the solution is just right under her nose.

I was laughing on seeing Schinitzer even gets confined despite him being a cyborg. The crew searching with Gruier was fun and Marika does look good on that ol putfit.

It was interesting to see Marika didn't realize how famous she is. It wouldn't be a surprise if there's a fan club for dedicated to her.
Apr 9, 2012 5:12 PM
Dec 2007
Very entertaining and down-to-earth as usual. Great as usual.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 10, 2012 10:59 AM

Jan 2011
Awesome episode, ending got updated.
The club should be a temporarily crew but who knows.
Gruier's 'disguise' is a big fail.
Looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 10, 2012 1:20 PM

May 2011
The preview made me lmfao, made me real excited about the next episode. Those looks that the crew members gave (probably due to them finding out what's about to happen). And hahaha "will the Bentenmaru even be able to leave the port successfully?" A bunch of highschool girls having fun and playing around on a pirate ship, oh boy its going to be a mess. I can already see why Marika didn't immediately go to them first.

This was a fun episode.
Apr 11, 2012 12:05 PM

Dec 2010
is this worth picking up? does the plot get more interesting?
Apr 13, 2012 9:53 AM

Aug 2010
I was surprised that the yacht club wasn't the obvious choice, but at least we'll get to see them in the next episode, I've been hoping for something like this. It's about time Chiaki-chan made her return as well. 4/5.
Apr 14, 2012 7:47 PM

Apr 2008
What could have been plain filler ended up being a good lesson for Marika. I can only hope that this episode is hinting at more interaction in the future of the Barbalossa and Bentenmaru crew. While I initially didn't like the Yacht club at all, I actually find myself interested in the prospect of the club crewing the Bentenmaru. Should be fun.

Also, very nice touch addiing the Serenity sisters in the ending credits. Though it just points out to me that Marika's friend isn't really doing much for the plot. I hope she gets more involved in the future then I might remember her name.
Apr 17, 2012 10:38 AM

Jun 2008
Aversa said:
Seems like i wasn't the only one wondering why she didn't ask the yacht club when she mentioned she needed a crew not only can she trust them there also pretty capable.
Even tho they never did and pirating before they should be able to pull it of without to much trouble.
I also wonder why Ririka didn't think about that either.

Yeah it was quite obvious and does make her a little stupid for not thinking the most obvious answer. Seriously though this show needs some events. It's getting boring.
Apr 18, 2012 5:33 AM

Dec 2009
Marika in the disguise was hot as fuck hnnngngng!!!!! :3

I thought it was absolutely obvious that she should go with the yacht club as temporary pirates. I thought of it instantly.

Oh and Chiaki's back <3 Hopefully she doesn't vanish again.

Next episode seems like fun :)

4/5

Sent with Mal Updater
Sir_LexaApr 18, 2012 6:37 AM
Apr 19, 2012 5:51 PM

Apr 2012
Great episode, though everyone knew it was going to be the yacht club.Still it is fun to see Chiaki again, and calling Marika "so dense". Ah Chiaki, someday you will confess to Marika. XD

Can't wait to see the YC back in action. This time, real-life, unsupported action.

Wish we could get to know them more, but it is understandable with the numbers. All I know is that the new member Ai will challenge Ursula for the kawaii-est member.

Also it was interesting (in a previous episode) that Jenny has graduated. I have a feeling in the next episode they will miss her leadership. Lynn may be great, but Jenny appeared to be good with keeping a situation under control with confidence and poise. Especially with crews comprised of high school girls.

Lastly, right at the end of the episode when they take a vote on joining Marika you can see the different years and their coat color. I'm assuming pink is 1st year, blue is 2nd year and green is 3rd year?

KL
May 14, 2012 2:02 PM

Sep 2010
I love how they change the opening and ending according to the show itself, it's much better to do it like that instead of keeping the same old look from the start like they do in many series.
Finally we came to knew that the guy from the ending is Captain Kurihara.
Jul 1, 2012 7:27 PM

May 2010
I thought the miniskirt space pirates in the title were Marika and Chiaki. This makes it so much better.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jul 9, 2012 5:53 AM

Jun 2009
I was thinking that this could turn out well given how competent the Yacht club was during the first arc of the series but thinking about it, Jenny graduated and she was obviously a good leader so I wonder how this will play out with her not there. Well, this should be interesting.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 4, 2013 10:42 AM

Oct 2011
Nice to see Chiaki again! Next episode should be really fun with the Yacht Club taking control of the Bentenmaru.
Nov 15, 2013 1:10 AM

Jul 2008
Of course its the yacht club....that was the first thing I thought of when the crew went down.

Also pirates have INSURANCE?! There is so much wrong with that statement.
Dec 29, 2013 5:16 AM

Jun 2011
They didn't really need an entire episode for this.
Jan 2, 2014 10:13 PM

May 2012
Oh boy everyone has fallen sick and she's searching for new crew but what kind of crew will be picked? Let's find out in the next episode!
Jun 14, 2014 4:35 AM

Aug 2013
How did Schnitzer get sick? XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 27, 2015 5:52 PM

Apr 2015
HUSH-sama said:
That was a good episode,I need more Chiaki-chan though :3

One can never have enough Chiaki-Chan.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mouretsu Pirates Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

SymbolicLayer - Jan 7, 2012

162 by Beatnik »»
Feb 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Mouretsu Pirates Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Jun 30, 2012

91 by XXXXXXXXXIII »»
Dec 28, 2023 8:59 PM

Poll: » Mouretsu Pirates Episode 8 Discussion

prismheart - Feb 25, 2012

46 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 15, 2023 1:44 AM

Poll: » Mouretsu Pirates Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Mar 24, 2012

56 by JJR1971 »»
Jul 3, 2023 10:06 PM

Poll: » Mouretsu Pirates Episode 24 Discussion

Beave - Jun 16, 2012

49 by FT_anime_fan »»
Oct 16, 2022 10:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.