Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Dec 23, 2012 4:50 PM

Jun 2012
I wish there was more scenes with Berserker.
Jan 30, 2013 5:20 AM
Aug 2011
This was perfect.
Feb 20, 2013 2:34 PM

May 2010
Doesn't Emiya won right? He killed the master? Why doesn't the servant disappear along with him?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 3, 2013 4:17 PM

Jan 2012
Great start for a new season. Caster is unstoppable. I wonder what will they do.

Mar 10, 2013 7:39 AM
Jan 2010
Edgytsugu on the case.
May 9, 2013 8:36 AM

Aug 2012
Noooooo Ryuunosuke :'(
Regardless it was a great episode.
MentaliiMay 13, 2013 8:20 AM
May 10, 2013 5:18 AM

Feb 2012
As cool as this episode was, honestly, having berserker basically surfing on an F-15 and Gilgamesh pulling some weird, magic, throne-aircraft out of no-where seriously had me going:
May 13, 2013 3:25 AM

Aug 2009
Kamio-chan said:
As cool as this episode was, honestly, having berserker basically surfing on an F-15 and Gilgamesh pulling some weird, magic, throne-aircraft out of no-where seriously had me going:

Berserker has the ability(Knight of Honor: A Knight Does Not Die with Empty Hands) to use/take control of anything he recognizes as a weapon as seen in ep5 and ep23 and also raise it to D rank Noble Phantasm status.

Vimana that Gilgamesh is riding is based on the flying chariots of gods from the Indian mythology.
May 27, 2013 1:34 AM

Jan 2013
Amazing start to the second season. Love it when Beserker is around.

Was tearing up already at the new opening. Powerful stuff.
Jun 3, 2013 1:41 PM

Jan 2009
I really liked this episode, was nice and fast paced, and oh the opening is pretty sick as well. Like it much better that season one.
Jun 11, 2013 2:12 PM

Apr 2013
A good beginning for a second season. The Greatest COOL xD
Jun 12, 2013 12:57 AM

Nov 2012
wow.. its getting better in the first episode :3 it is so cool.. :3
btw poor ryuunosuke he is dead :/

oh the berserker is cool with that plane.. it is like plane from darkness :3
gilgamesh still annoying as usual -_- every word he say always annoying -_-
Jun 30, 2013 6:09 AM

Feb 2013
Great start. It definitely made up for that anticlimactic ending of Season 1.

"All this time what I've been looking for is in my own guts." WTF xD

The dogfight between Berserker and Gilgamesh made me jizz.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 19, 2013 5:38 PM

May 2013
Epic start to the second season.
Jul 25, 2013 3:25 PM

Jan 2013
Great first episode of the season.
Jul 25, 2013 3:29 PM

Aug 2009
cub said:
Gil needs a magic carpet instead of that hunk of junk.

Type Vimana on Google.
Aug 3, 2013 2:15 PM
Jul 2013
What I don't get about the fight is that why can't Lancer help? His two spears practically counter the monster. Yellow spear gives wounds that can't heal, and long spear cancels magic. Caster uses magic, so it should be super effective. The fight could have ended easily unless there's some twist that makes his spears not work against the monster. If it's because he can't run on water, then just ask Rider for a ride, and all Lancer has to do is point his yellow spear straight ahead while Rider charges into the middle of the monster. Obviously it's not that simple because the tentacles will try to catch the chariot, but that should be the basic plan. Saber doesn't even need to be in the battle. She can just go home and sleep or whatever.
night97Aug 3, 2013 2:35 PM
Aug 3, 2013 2:48 PM
Jul 2013
But the yellow spear's curse still counters the regeneration, or can he only cast the curse on 1 person at a time?
Aug 3, 2013 2:58 PM
Jul 2013
Well, obviously he can't cut up all of the monster to make sashimi, and it's more important to prioritize Caster. Still, since the curse counters regeneration, it can create a path to Caster, and if Lancer was on Rider's chariot, it shouldn't be hard to generate enough force and speed to dodge the tentacles and just slice straight to Caster who is likely at the core of the monster. It's better than nuking it or relying on Saber who can't do much because of Lancer's curse. It's more beneficial to Lancer too (I read some spoilers).
Aug 3, 2013 3:06 PM

Aug 2009
night97 said:
What I don't get about the fight is that why can't Lancer help? His two spears practically counter the monster. Yellow spear gives wounds that can't heal, and long spear cancels magic. Caster uses magic, so it should be super effective. The fight could have ended easily unless there's some twist that makes his spears not work against the monster. If it's because he can't run on water, then just ask Rider for a ride, and all Lancer has to do is point his yellow spear straight ahead while Rider charges into the middle of the monster. Obviously it's not that simple because the tentacles will try to catch the chariot, but that should be the basic plan. Saber doesn't even need to be in the battle. She can just go home and sleep or whatever.

Lancer would have to pierce that book Caster has for the "red spear" to work,and that is the plan anyway.It is the same reason why the small monsters didnt just disappear when Lancer was just cutting them with his spear during the fight in the forest.
The "yellow spear's" effect is "lowering the targets full health" thats why the wounds cant be healed,because "there is nothing to heal".
The monster Caster summoned is a god, an immortal being so he cant actually "lower his health".

EDIT about the other posts:
Assuming that Lancer would throw his "red spear" with enough power he would need first to know where Caster is located.And the demon isnt that weak as to allow Rider to just do whatever he wants.
ssjokgAug 3, 2013 3:11 PM
Aug 3, 2013 3:52 PM
Jul 2013
Forgetfulness said:
night97 said:
Well, obviously he can't cut up all of the monster to make sashimi, and it's more important to prioritize Caster. Still, since the curse counters regeneration, it can create a path to Caster, and if Lancer was on Rider's chariot, it shouldn't be hard to generate enough force and speed to dodge the tentacles and just slice straight to Caster who is likely at the core of the monster. It's better than nuking it or relying on Saber who can't do much because of Lancer's curse. It's more beneficial to Lancer too (I read some spoilers).
If you watch the part where Caster is eventually defeated, you would be able to tell that his lance would just get stuck in the body and it wouldn't even get close to Caster's actual body

it was probably just for an sentimental scene with Caster.
but

realistically.... yes.... weapons should get stuck in the body.... but the people we're talking about are basically superhumans that can break concrete 10 feet in front of them just by swinging a sword.... i'm not exactly sure if it will get stuck in the body or not... but i still wish the writers wrote a plan that involved lancer's yellow spear and gave a reason as to why it wouldn't work... bcuz the viewers can't control how powerful the characters are... so maybe lancer's spear does get stuck or maybe it doesn't bcuz he just has so much strength that his spear is like a drill that splits the monster in half....

@ssjokg
ya the red spear doesn't work against summons... i acknowledge that... but the giant kraken monster being immortal and not being able to lower his health? that doesn't make sense...if the monster's hp really can't be lowered than when saber and rider tries to cut it, then the monster shouldn't even get a scratch... but in the anime... the monster gets cut, therefore i can assume it gets wounded and it's hp went down, but then the wound stitches back together in a matter of seconds, it HEALS......
Aug 3, 2013 4:26 PM

Aug 2009
night97 said:
Forgetfulness said:
night97 said:
If you watch the part where Caster is eventually defeated, you would be able to tell that his lance would just get stuck in the body and it wouldn't even get close to Caster's actual body

but

realistically.... yes.... weapons should get stuck in the body.... but the people we're talking about are basically superhumans that can break concrete 10 feet in front of them just by swinging a sword.... i'm not exactly sure if it will get stuck in the body or not... but i still wish the writers wrote a plan that involved lancer's yellow spear and gave a reason as to why it wouldn't work... bcuz the viewers can't control how powerful the characters are... so maybe lancer's spear does get stuck or maybe it doesn't bcuz he just has so much strength that his spear is like a drill that splits the monster in half....

@ssjokg
ya the red spear doesn't work against summons... i acknowledge that... but the giant kraken monster being immortal and not being able to lower his health? that doesn't make sense...if the monster's hp really can't be lowered than when saber and rider tries to cut it, then the monster shouldn't even get a scratch... but in the anime... the monster gets cut, therefore i can assume it gets wounded and it's hp went down, but then the wound stitches back together in a matter of seconds, it HEALS......

The Noble Phantasms work based on concepts and/or legends.It doesnt make sense that the yellow spear "lowers somebody's full health" to begin with.
The demon itself grows larger while being supplied by mana and will continue to grow even larger when it finds another source(humans).Even if it gets cut,the "hp" will continue to grow past the "full point".
Kiritsugu himself recognizes that Lancer's NPs wont work.

Gil's chains are working only on those with divinity but are mere normal chains if used against a human,Caladbolg can instantly kill FSN Lancer if used by a certain man,Caster's demon would be killed in one scratch by FSN Archer's dual swords if they were used by their owner,FSN Berserker cant be hurt twice by any weapon or attack no matter the level of the attack once he heals etc etc.

Still every one of these has some loophole that will let the enemy survive or defeat the owner of that NP.

If they had such superhuman strength against the demon Saber and Rider wouldnt cut one tentacle at a time but go straight for the main body.
ssjokgAug 3, 2013 4:36 PM
Aug 3, 2013 7:33 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
night97 said:
Forgetfulness said:
night97 said:

but

@ssjokg

The Noble Phantasms work based on concepts and/or legends.It doesnt make sense that the yellow spear "lowers somebody's full health" to begin with.
The demon itself grows larger while being supplied by mana and will continue to grow even larger when it finds another source(humans).Even if it gets cut,the "hp" will continue to grow past the "full point".
Kiritsugu himself recognizes that Lancer's NPs wont work.

Gil's chains are working only on those with divinity but are mere normal chains if used against a human,Caladbolg can instantly kill FSN Lancer if used by a certain man,Caster's demon would be killed in one scratch by FSN Archer's dual swords if they were used by their owner,FSN Berserker cant be hurt twice by any weapon or attack no matter the level of the attack once he heals etc etc.

Still every one of these has some loophole that will let the enemy survive or defeat the owner of that NP.

If they had such superhuman strength against the demon Saber and Rider wouldnt cut one tentacle at a time but go straight for the main body.

^bassically this.

NP does not require normal logic to work. Hell, most of NPs might have NOTHING to do with reality. NP's powers work because of how they were recorded, not because of how they were.

Stuff like noble phantasms, reality marbles and marble phantasms are something that can defy rules of reality and logic. They exist either within their own logic or within the logic of the one who wields them, essentially overriding reality. Following that logic is enough to justify why something does not work or does work - the logic that a health that is indefinite can't be halved is perfectly fine.

Servants DO have qualities above that of a normal human, a servant might outperform an average normal human being, but that does not make any difference in this kind of fight. Most of servants might be quite OP, but they are not the "top dog on the food chain". There ARE beings and people that can stomp them into the ground and "outperform" them.

Servants are not unbeatable. Every legend has its end, every hero has its death, thus every servant has its weakness, be it in their power or in their character. (think irish folklore concept of geas). Because both, good and bad, strength and weakness, the whole is what made them worthy to be that in the first place. You try to take any of that away and you get a way more inferior whole. The character limits are quite well established within the narrative. Narrative simply does not feel like repeating itself again and again and again.
Aug 12, 2013 6:01 PM

Apr 2013
So Saber continues her Jesus-ing over the waters...

Finally Ryuunosuke is killed! xD

Not a fan of the new OP and ED themes... =(

4/5

Aug 14, 2013 5:39 AM

May 2013
Little confused with how caster can remain 'alive' now that his master has been killed. Vaguely remember it being mentioned in s1 that if the master dies, the servant follows. Only explanation I can think of is that caster is using his infinite mana spell book to maintain his physical form?
Aug 14, 2013 5:56 AM

Aug 2009
ALegend said:
Little confused with how caster can remain 'alive' now that his master has been killed. Vaguely remember it being mentioned in s1 that if the master dies, the servant follows. Only explanation I can think of is that caster is using his infinite mana spell book to maintain his physical form?
The Servant doesnt disappear immediately.Depending on the Servant and it's class and abilities one can remain for some minutes or even for ever.

Gilgamesh for an example due to his A+ rank Independent Action of the Archer Class can stay for ever in the world as long as he doesnt use any Noble Phantasm,to use them he will need to find a source of mana.
Caster even without the Independent Action he would be able to stay in the world long enough to reach the shore and find a new source of mana.It also helps that he doesnt use any of his mana to control the monster(he is using the book).He cant use the mana from the book to maintain himself.
Oct 5, 2013 2:31 AM

Apr 2013
WHAT? Gilgamesh has a freakin' airship? Man.
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 12, 2013 5:12 PM

Sep 2011
Dat fucking animation. Simply glorious. Especially all scenes involving Berserker.

Pretty much one of the best episodes so far imo.
Also yay, finally someone dies :D

Excalibur and hopefully the death of Caster finally in the next episode? Can't wait.
Oct 22, 2013 7:16 PM

Jan 2013
There are so many likable characters in this franchise in general. A nice moment with Kariya trying to fight for a family not his own. I'm sure he realizes that if he hadn't have abandoned the magi way of his family, Sakura probably would not have gone to the Matous.

Kiritsugu continues to thrill me. His clearly a master strategist and how he operates shows no room for emotion or error. I also really liked the Iri x Kiritsugu ED pics. I hope they show more of them and maybe want to explain why he has a close relationship with Maiya as well (since we saw them kissing in S1).

The aerial combat scenes were so beautiful to watch in BD quality! ufotable is just the perfect studio for this. I can't wait for their remake of F/SN.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Oct 22, 2013 9:34 PM

Aug 2009
phantom19 said:
There are so many likable characters in this franchise in general. A nice moment with Kariya trying to fight for a family not his own. I'm sure he realizes that if he hadn't have abandoned the magi way of his family, Sakura probably would not have gone to the Matous.

Kiritsugu continues to thrill me. His clearly a master strategist and how he operates shows no room for emotion or error. I also really liked the Iri x Kiritsugu ED pics. I hope they show more of them and maybe want to explain why he has a close relationship with Maiya as well (since we saw them kissing in S1).

The aerial combat scenes were so beautiful to watch in BD quality! ufotable is just the perfect studio for this. I can't wait for their remake of F/SN.

Sakura would end up with the Matou anyway because Tokiomi is a shitty father who rejoices in the fact that his daughters would fight to the death with each other.

Maiya tries to make him return to being the Magus Killer,so that he will be able to sacrifice Iri easily.
Dec 3, 2013 2:07 PM

Aug 2008
The Servants are certainly entertaining to watch and this fight certainly was an amazing show. If only the Masters interested me even a third as much.
Dec 9, 2013 7:30 PM

Dec 2012
fitting death for ryuunosuke, really well done.
Dec 11, 2013 2:28 PM

Apr 2008
I'm probably the only person who was glad that Ryuunosuke died. He deserved it for all the lives he took.

The airship fight was pretty cool, but I think it could have been done better. Rooting for Berserker because archers stuck up attitude is really annoying. Plus it would be nice to see him lose xD.

Not bad for a first episode. The action is going to start picking up so I'm excited to see more fights breaking out.
Dec 11, 2013 2:38 PM

Aug 2009
Politoed said:
I'm probably the only person who was glad that Ryuunosuke died.
Pretty sue you arent.
Jan 23, 2014 2:23 AM
Nov 2013
Caster's CG tentacle monster was pretty lame, and that berserker gilgamesh battle was derpily ridiculous. Ryuunosuke's death and Kiritsigu's whole bit were good though.
Jan 27, 2014 6:15 AM

Dec 2013
Oh how disappointed I am. The new OP and ED are absolutely shit compared to s1's.
Jan 27, 2014 7:22 AM

Aug 2009
Anon1409 said:
Oh how disappointed I am. The new OP and ED are absolutely shit compared to s1's.
Lol no.
Especially when they fit the story so perfectly.
And
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=432679
Feb 7, 2014 3:46 PM

May 2013
Wow.
Feb 15, 2014 5:43 PM

Mar 2009
Finally Ryuunosuke gets what he deserves. What a sick M.F. Hopefully Castor's next.
AWESOME EPISODE!!
Mar 4, 2014 6:38 PM

Nov 2013
Iszumi said:
Finally Ryuunosuke gets what he deserves. What a sick M.F. Hopefully Castor's next.
AWESOME EPISODE!!

I feel like I'm the only one who actually like Ryuunosuke/caster pair. They were sick twisted and evil but they made for great characters. + they are less assholes than kotomine and kiritsiguru
Mar 5, 2014 1:07 AM

Aug 2009
Celestrial2 said:
Iszumi said:
AWESOME EPISODE!!

I feel like I'm the only one who actually like Ryuunosuke/caster pair. They were sick twisted and evil but they made for great characters. + they are less assholes than kotomine and kiritsiguru
Great chars yes. Less assholes no way in hell.
Mar 5, 2014 11:42 PM

Dec 2012
Great way to pick back up from the first part. Ryuunosuke's death left me in a strange mix of wanting to feel for the guy and laughing. At least he died happy and stayed true to his insanity to the end. At first I thought the Berserker was there to help out, but as soon as he took that plane towards Gilgamesh it was on. I really want to see more of Berserker + Emiya.
Mar 8, 2014 6:54 PM
May 2013
that Gilgamesh vs. Berserker dogfight was on some Ace Combat level shit yo
Mar 18, 2014 2:59 AM
Apr 2011
i like how the opening has lyrics that are almost a direct quote of how kiritsugu's ideals are described in fate/stay night http://puu.sh/7zUey.jpg and the ending has a line about short lives while irisviel is onscreen lol http://puu.sh/7zUbu.jpg

it's a little hard to take this anime seriously when half the cast is fighting a giant lovecraftian sea monster while a dude screams about how cool it is and a big guy in black armor commandeers a fighter jet to fight a golden airship nearby

this anime's supposed to be dark and mature? try over the top. fate/stay night was quite a bit more grounded (literally) than this, and i'd say it's better for it. unless you're in the mood for something over the top, and there's not necessarily anything wrong with that. it's certainly a bit early to make any final judgments though.

edit: come to think of it, maybe i should take fate/stay night being grounded back. after all we did get saber running up the side of a very tall building. that was pretty ridiculous. not sure it matches this episode, though, or kiritsugu's building demolition.
MaxVdubMar 18, 2014 3:06 AM
Mar 18, 2014 10:12 AM

Aug 2009
MaxVdub said:

it's a little hard to take this anime seriously when half the cast is fighting a giant lovecraftian sea monster while a dude screams about how cool it is and a big guy in black armor commandeers a fighter jet to fight a golden airship nearby

I dont see any of this cant be taken seriously.
Caster's monster isnt the first monster to appear in Type moon's works.Most of the Types in Notes are "worse".
Ryunusoke was always crazy, while Berserker can use anything he considers a weapon.And Gilgamesh's airship is straight out of legends.
Mar 18, 2014 10:59 AM
Apr 2011
Forgetfulness said:
Isn't over the top more like when something incredibly ridiculous is pulled out? Something like Kill la Kill? ._.
I think a lot of those events you mentioned are certainly possible and well within realistic bounds in the Nasuverse.
Perhaps we have different ideas of "over the top", but I'm thinking more along the lines of Kill la Kill such as swinging a blade and some building in the distance is sliced in two. Kiritsugu blowing one up with explosives for a good reason (remember all the traps Kayneth described?), not so much :|

Eh, I think you may or may not change your mind in eps 18/19. Maybe...

what is ridiculous is pretty subjective. yes, kill la kill is quite over the top. it also sets that tone for itself very early on (i.e. the very first episode). whereas i've had it drilled into me for a while now that f/z a Mature anime for Adults, supposedly. also, i came into this expecting kiritsugu to use modern weapons. berserker taking control of a jet was a bit unexpected. and yea, i consider that pretty over the top. it's something i'd expect to see in a michael bay movie, not a show about wizards duking it out.

ssjokg said:
I dont see any of this cant be taken seriously.
Caster's monster isnt the first monster to appear in Type moon's works.Most of the Types in Notes are "worse".
Ryunusoke was always crazy, while Berserker can use anything he considers a weapon.And Gilgamesh's airship is straight out of legends.

only type-moon work i've experienced before this was fate/stay night. ryuunosuke and caster were very hard to take seriously after the initial shock of seeing crucified kids wore off. they ham their roles up considerably to the point where it doesn't seem like the director wanted you to take them seriously.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.