MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Fate/Zero 2nd Season »» Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (21) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

458 87.07%
4 out of 5: Liked it

42 7.98%
3 out of 5: It was OK

19 3.61%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.19%
1 out of 5: Hated it

6 1.14%
Voters: 526

04-09-12, 11:52 AM

Ah yes, more Fate/Zero is a great thing. This episode was pretty spectacular, and I feel things are starting to fall into place already for some major plot twists/big events.

04-09-12, 2:24 PM

awesome as always.

04-09-12, 3:08 PM

Orulyon said:
It is stated that Gil was bad at first, but then when he met

I agree, for a character from such an old story he's surprisingly two-dimensional.

04-09-12, 3:48 PM

Great episode, but still can't think it's awesome...

04-09-12, 4:22 PM

This shit is horribly epic. 6/5

04-09-12, 4:50 PM

The new OP and ED are fantastic and the episode was simply epic. As perfect as season 1.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

04-09-12, 6:10 PM

fimbu1vetr said:
itsvero said:

Lastly, can't wait to freaking see Saber's Noble Phantasm. It's gotta kick freaking ass cuz she's the highest Servant class.

!

"Sabers are the strongest" technically but Rider, Berserker, and Gil definitely beat her in this Grail War. I mean its arguable for her vs Rider and Berserker but she can only beat Rider if Excalibur hits him in his reality marble (extremely difficult with his Gordius wheel) while she'd need time to use it against Berserker.

And Berserker has better stats than her along with some other advantages.

Also @ the subs. GIL THE GARDNER LOL!
Technically in sheer stats Rider is the strongest Servant in the 4th War as Gil is not that strong. But Gil has a broken NP in his Gate of Babylon and Ea hence he's the type of Servant that has a Noble Phantasm stronger than he is. And then some argue Berserker can beat Saber but no, I think she can beat him although he's pretty evenly matched with her, it's not surprising either but saying why it's not surprising would be a spoiler.

The way I see it, judging both NP's and stats it goes a little like this:

Archer > Rider > Saber > Berserker > Lancer > Caster > Assassin with Archer being first only because of GoB and Ea and Saber having an edge over Berserker because of her mana supplies.

I also want to add Saber is actually capable of being number 1 if she HAD Avalon, which is currently in Irisviel's possession at the behest of Kiritsugu. Avalon is the ultimate EX rank defensive NP which makes her invulnerable even to Ea and heals any wounds. In other words, if she had Avalon with Kiritsugu's stable source of mana she can barrel through all her competition. Of course, the author worked against her by making Avalon innaccesible all through the 4th Holy Grail War, for plot convenience.
Modified by Leon-Gun, 04-09-12, 6:18 PM

04-09-12, 8:05 PM

Leon-Gun said:
fimbu1vetr said:
itsvero said:

Lastly, can't wait to freaking see Saber's Noble Phantasm. It's gotta kick freaking ass cuz she's the highest Servant class.

!

"Sabers are the strongest" technically but Rider, Berserker, and Gil definitely beat her in this Grail War. I mean its arguable for her vs Rider and Berserker but she can only beat Rider if Excalibur hits him in his reality marble (extremely difficult with his Gordius wheel) while she'd need time to use it against Berserker.

And Berserker has better stats than her along with some other advantages.

Also @ the subs. GIL THE GARDNER LOL!
Technically in sheer stats Rider is the strongest Servant in the 4th War as Gil is not that strong. But Gil has a broken NP in his Gate of Babylon and Ea hence he's the type of Servant that has a Noble Phantasm stronger than he is. And then some argue Berserker can beat Saber but no, I think she can beat him although he's pretty evenly matched with her, it's not surprising either but saying why it's not surprising would be a spoiler.

Archer > Rider > Saber > Berserker > Lancer > Caster > Assassin with Archer being first only because of GoB and Ea and Saber having an edge over Berserker because of her mana supplies.

I also want to add Saber is actually capable of being number 1 if she HAD Avalon, which is currently in Irisviel's possession at the behest of Kiritsugu. Avalon is the ultimate EX rank defensive NP which makes her invulnerable even to Ea and heals any wounds. In other words, if she had Avalon with Kiritsugu's stable source of mana she can barrel through all her competition. Of course, the author worked against her by making Avalon innaccesible all through the 4th Holy Grail War, for plot convenience.

Modified by Ragna92, 04-09-12, 8:27 PM

04-10-12, 12:09 AM

Don't bash on my Saber...

She's the best :P

04-10-12, 6:22 AM

Top of the line action and entertainment from this episode. Gloves are off.

I'm I the only one who would like to see Kariya kick Tohsaka in the teeth? What he did to his daughter is unforgivable. Kariya is much more human than he is.
If you reply to one of my comments, please PM or write on my wall me so I can read/respond in kind. I won't bite, I promise.

04-10-12, 7:43 AM

akutasame94 said:

I don't think anyone is bashing her.

04-10-12, 8:26 AM

Ragna92 said:
akutasame94 said:

Ah well, you know what I mean...

04-10-12, 10:27 AM

Ryonousuke!!! ahh screw him.

great stuff as usual. Gilgamesh awesome as usual. Berserker took over a jet? this is gonna be good.

04-10-12, 3:45 PM

Great first episode. Should be expected.

04-10-12, 4:34 PM

Ragna92 said:
akutasame94 said:

Pretty sure he meant you, since you insisted on the "she can't defeat Gil, Rider or Berserker". Personally I think people give Rider too much credit and Berserker has one fatal flaw, he burns through his Master's mana like crazy. Pretty sure the only Berserker to have a Master that can fully make use of his abilities was Heracles.

04-10-12, 10:28 PM

Leon-Gun said:
Ragna92 said:
akutasame94 said:

Pretty sure he meant you, since you insisted on the "she can't defeat Gil, Rider or Berserker". Personally I think people give Rider too much credit and Berserker has one fatal flaw, he burns through his Master's mana like crazy. Pretty sure the only Berserker to have a Master that can fully make use of his abilities was Heracles.

I never said she can't defeat Berserker, I said it would be a pretty tough fight. You said that she would barrel her way through the competition with Avalon but I'm saying she can't.

Berserkers strength pretty much varies. If he had Kiritsugu as his master he would own this war. Imagine berserker with nukes.
Modified by Ragna92, 04-10-12, 10:48 PM

04-10-12, 11:34 PM

Leon-Gun said:

Gil doesn't have high stats? All of his stats are B and above. If you give the stats numerical values and average them out (E=1, D=2, and so on, ignoring pluses), he's actually second to Berserker in stats if you factor in that EX NP. Also, Saber's stats are all equal to or better than Rider's, except for her Lancer-class Luck. Berserker's got the best stats overall (ignoring Gil's NP), but that's kind of the point of the class. With Avalon she could probably beat Berserker, probably without if she gets off Excalibur.

That said, Avalon wouldn't save her from a serious Gilgamesh. It counters Ea, sure, but what is she going to do about Gate of Babylon? I could be wrong, but I recall that she can't attack with the invincibility effect up and the healing won't do her any good if she can't get close/she takes a fatal blow before she does so.

I agree with your ranking, though, that looks about right..

04-10-12, 11:44 PM

Simply amazing..!

04-11-12, 8:07 AM

TheRealBoyd said:
Leon-Gun said:

Gil doesn't have high stats? All of his stats are B and above. If you give the stats numerical values and average them out (E=1, D=2, and so on, ignoring pluses), he's actually second to Berserker in stats if you factor in that EX NP. Also, Saber's stats are all equal to or better than Rider's, except for her Lancer-class Luck. Berserker's got the best stats overall (ignoring Gil's NP), but that's kind of the point of the class. With Avalon she could probably beat Berserker, probably without if she gets off Excalibur.

That said, Avalon wouldn't save her from a serious Gilgamesh. It counters Ea, sure, but what is she going to do about Gate of Babylon? I could be wrong, but I recall that she can't attack with the invincibility effect up and the healing won't do her any good if she can't get close/she takes a fatal blow before she does so.

Serious Gil would also mean using Vinema. And he supposedly has nukes in there according to side material.

04-11-12, 2:50 PM

Ragna92 said:
TheRealBoyd said:
Leon-Gun said:

Serious Gil would also mean using Vinema. And he supposedly has nukes in there according to side material.
Serious Gil only happened 1 time and that was in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia. He called it a "one in a lifetime whim".

Pages (21) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices