MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Fate/Zero 2nd Season »» Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (10) « First ... « 4.2 5.2 [6.2] 7.2 8.2 » ... Last »
Poll: Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

04-09-12, 2:24 PM

awesome as always.

04-09-12, 3:08 PM

Orulyon said:
It is stated that Gil was bad at first, but then when he met

I agree, for a character from such an old story he's surprisingly two-dimensional.

04-09-12, 3:48 PM

Great episode, but still can't think it's awesome...

04-09-12, 4:22 PM

This shit is horribly epic. 6/5

04-09-12, 4:50 PM

The new OP and ED are fantastic and the episode was simply epic. As perfect as season 1.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

04-09-12, 6:10 PM

fimbu1vetr said:
itsvero said:

Lastly, can't wait to freaking see Saber's Noble Phantasm. It's gotta kick freaking ass cuz she's the highest Servant class.

!

"Sabers are the strongest" technically but Rider, Berserker, and Gil definitely beat her in this Grail War. I mean its arguable for her vs Rider and Berserker but she can only beat Rider if Excalibur hits him in his reality marble (extremely difficult with his Gordius wheel) while she'd need time to use it against Berserker.

And Berserker has better stats than her along with some other advantages.

Also @ the subs. GIL THE GARDNER LOL!
Technically in sheer stats Rider is the strongest Servant in the 4th War as Gil is not that strong. But Gil has a broken NP in his Gate of Babylon and Ea hence he's the type of Servant that has a Noble Phantasm stronger than he is. And then some argue Berserker can beat Saber but no, I think she can beat him although he's pretty evenly matched with her, it's not surprising either but saying why it's not surprising would be a spoiler.

The way I see it, judging both NP's and stats it goes a little like this:

Archer > Rider > Saber > Berserker > Lancer > Caster > Assassin with Archer being first only because of GoB and Ea and Saber having an edge over Berserker because of her mana supplies.

I also want to add Saber is actually capable of being number 1 if she HAD Avalon, which is currently in Irisviel's possession at the behest of Kiritsugu. Avalon is the ultimate EX rank defensive NP which makes her invulnerable even to Ea and heals any wounds. In other words, if she had Avalon with Kiritsugu's stable source of mana she can barrel through all her competition. Of course, the author worked against her by making Avalon innaccesible all through the 4th Holy Grail War, for plot convenience.
Modified by Leon-Gun, 04-09-12, 6:18 PM

04-09-12, 8:05 PM

Leon-Gun said:
fimbu1vetr said:
itsvero said:

Lastly, can't wait to freaking see Saber's Noble Phantasm. It's gotta kick freaking ass cuz she's the highest Servant class.

!

"Sabers are the strongest" technically but Rider, Berserker, and Gil definitely beat her in this Grail War. I mean its arguable for her vs Rider and Berserker but she can only beat Rider if Excalibur hits him in his reality marble (extremely difficult with his Gordius wheel) while she'd need time to use it against Berserker.

And Berserker has better stats than her along with some other advantages.

Also @ the subs. GIL THE GARDNER LOL!
Technically in sheer stats Rider is the strongest Servant in the 4th War as Gil is not that strong. But Gil has a broken NP in his Gate of Babylon and Ea hence he's the type of Servant that has a Noble Phantasm stronger than he is. And then some argue Berserker can beat Saber but no, I think she can beat him although he's pretty evenly matched with her, it's not surprising either but saying why it's not surprising would be a spoiler.

Archer > Rider > Saber > Berserker > Lancer > Caster > Assassin with Archer being first only because of GoB and Ea and Saber having an edge over Berserker because of her mana supplies.

I also want to add Saber is actually capable of being number 1 if she HAD Avalon, which is currently in Irisviel's possession at the behest of Kiritsugu. Avalon is the ultimate EX rank defensive NP which makes her invulnerable even to Ea and heals any wounds. In other words, if she had Avalon with Kiritsugu's stable source of mana she can barrel through all her competition. Of course, the author worked against her by making Avalon innaccesible all through the 4th Holy Grail War, for plot convenience.

Modified by Ragna92, 04-09-12, 8:27 PM

04-10-12, 12:09 AM

Don't bash on my Saber...

She's the best :P

04-10-12, 6:22 AM

Top of the line action and entertainment from this episode. Gloves are off.

I'm I the only one who would like to see Kariya kick Tohsaka in the teeth? What he did to his daughter is unforgivable. Kariya is much more human than he is.
“If it were a third-rate TV anime, a dead protagonist can come back to life at the producers’ convenience. But the world we live in is not such a convenient place. Lost lives will never return. Because of it, we live in a world where a life is an irreplaceable existence.”

04-10-12, 7:43 AM

akutasame94 said:

I don't think anyone is bashing her.

04-10-12, 8:26 AM

Ragna92 said:
akutasame94 said:

Ah well, you know what I mean...

04-10-12, 10:27 AM

Ryonousuke!!! ahh screw him.

great stuff as usual. Gilgamesh awesome as usual. Berserker took over a jet? this is gonna be good.

04-10-12, 3:45 PM

Great first episode. Should be expected.

04-10-12, 4:34 PM

Ragna92 said:
akutasame94 said:

Pretty sure he meant you, since you insisted on the "she can't defeat Gil, Rider or Berserker". Personally I think people give Rider too much credit and Berserker has one fatal flaw, he burns through his Master's mana like crazy. Pretty sure the only Berserker to have a Master that can fully make use of his abilities was Heracles.

04-10-12, 10:28 PM

Leon-Gun said:
Ragna92 said:
akutasame94 said:

Pretty sure he meant you, since you insisted on the "she can't defeat Gil, Rider or Berserker". Personally I think people give Rider too much credit and Berserker has one fatal flaw, he burns through his Master's mana like crazy. Pretty sure the only Berserker to have a Master that can fully make use of his abilities was Heracles.

I never said she can't defeat Berserker, I said it would be a pretty tough fight. You said that she would barrel her way through the competition with Avalon but I'm saying she can't.

Berserkers strength pretty much varies. If he had Kiritsugu as his master he would own this war. Imagine berserker with nukes.
Modified by Ragna92, 04-10-12, 10:48 PM

04-10-12, 11:34 PM

Leon-Gun said:

Gil doesn't have high stats? All of his stats are B and above. If you give the stats numerical values and average them out (E=1, D=2, and so on, ignoring pluses), he's actually second to Berserker in stats if you factor in that EX NP. Also, Saber's stats are all equal to or better than Rider's, except for her Lancer-class Luck. Berserker's got the best stats overall (ignoring Gil's NP), but that's kind of the point of the class. With Avalon she could probably beat Berserker, probably without if she gets off Excalibur.

That said, Avalon wouldn't save her from a serious Gilgamesh. It counters Ea, sure, but what is she going to do about Gate of Babylon? I could be wrong, but I recall that she can't attack with the invincibility effect up and the healing won't do her any good if she can't get close/she takes a fatal blow before she does so.

I agree with your ranking, though, that looks about right..

04-10-12, 11:44 PM

Simply amazing..!

04-11-12, 8:07 AM

TheRealBoyd said:
Leon-Gun said:

Gil doesn't have high stats? All of his stats are B and above. If you give the stats numerical values and average them out (E=1, D=2, and so on, ignoring pluses), he's actually second to Berserker in stats if you factor in that EX NP. Also, Saber's stats are all equal to or better than Rider's, except for her Lancer-class Luck. Berserker's got the best stats overall (ignoring Gil's NP), but that's kind of the point of the class. With Avalon she could probably beat Berserker, probably without if she gets off Excalibur.

That said, Avalon wouldn't save her from a serious Gilgamesh. It counters Ea, sure, but what is she going to do about Gate of Babylon? I could be wrong, but I recall that she can't attack with the invincibility effect up and the healing won't do her any good if she can't get close/she takes a fatal blow before she does so.

Serious Gil would also mean using Vinema. And he supposedly has nukes in there according to side material.

04-11-12, 2:50 PM

Ragna92 said:
TheRealBoyd said:
Leon-Gun said:

Serious Gil would also mean using Vinema. And he supposedly has nukes in there according to side material.
Serious Gil only happened 1 time and that was in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia. He called it a "one in a lifetime whim".

04-11-12, 3:36 PM

Not quite.

04-11-12, 6:29 PM

TheRealBoyd said:
Not quite.
If that's seriou I'm calling bullshit on him being able to win in one night.

04-11-12, 6:55 PM

Next episode:

EXCARIBAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

04-11-12, 8:21 PM

Epic.

OP by Kalafina is spine-chilling btw.

04-11-12, 9:29 PM

Leon-Gun said:
TheRealBoyd said:
Not quite.
If that's seriou I'm calling bullshit on him being able to win in one night.

And why's that? That seemed like it only took a few minutes. That's more than enough time to win the war in one night.

04-12-12, 11:40 AM

Splendid episode. One of my favorites, probably tied with episodes 11 and 5.
The air fight between Gilgamesh and Berserker was very well done, and I also liked the dialogue between Tokiomi and Kariya.

I have to say, I didn't hate Ryuunosuke. He and Caster seemed like the only duo with a really strong relationship, I mean, they enjoyed the hell out of each other, it was very fun to watch in a batshit insane way. As already mentioned, it's just fiction, and I have a tendency of liking fictional villains because they tend to be more interesting to follow.
His death scene was really well done and Kiritsugu was boss at the end of the episode, saying he would put to test the so called chivalry between Lancer and Saber. I already feel sorry for Lancer, though. He is a very charismatic character, but I have a feeling he will be gone really soon. That will be sad...

04-12-12, 3:40 PM
News Moderator
23 mins+ of epic action indeed. Gilgamesh is such a fucking boss.

04-12-12, 3:46 PM

so much hype bout nothing

> saber supposedly the main char sucks in both animes so far (fateSN and zero first season), shes fucking bad and not strong at all and wins only with some broken imbalanced special attacks which for some reaosn she doesnt use at the start but after 15 min of fighting - childish and retarded fights in a pg 17+ anime

> berserker in fateSN is hercules which is fucking retarded considering hes monstrous and huge, berserker in fatezero is an intelligent 'Creature' which can control technology by tapping into it - makes no fucking sense but thats fatekids for you

> random exaggerated spells and stuff as usual ( caster's creature )

whatever ive already given up hope on the entire fate -thing series, so much potential all wasted, only reason im gonna watch it is to hopefully get some kid Rin so i can fap on her black tights , mad bro

04-12-12, 4:07 PM

incisorr said:

> saber supposedly the main char sucks in both animes so far (fateSN and zero first season), shes fucking bad and not strong at all and wins only with some broken imbalanced special attacks which for some reaosn she doesnt use at the start but after 15 min of fighting - childish and retarded fights in a pg 17+ anime

> berserker in fateSN is hercules which is fucking retarded considering hes monstrous and huge, berserker in fatezero is an intelligent 'Creature' which can control technology by tapping into it - makes no fucking sense but thats fatekids for you

whatever ive already given up hope on the entire fate -thing series, so much potential all wasted, only reason im gonna watch it is to hopefully get some kid Rin so i can fap on her black tights , mad bro

Saber isn't the main character and if you think she sucks and is weak then you're mistaken.

I can see your just trolling because what you say doesn't make any sense. Chilidsh and retarded fights?

Modified by Ragna92, 04-12-12, 4:11 PM

04-12-12, 4:12 PM

incisorr said:

Exactly the kind of retarded complaints and reasoning I'd expect from someone who has this on his profile.

incisorr said:
Other than that, people who don't like fanservice and ecchi animes are gays and fags, you can tell me "but whats wrong with being gay"? well you know whats wrong, homosexuals are possessed by demons, thats like.. why would you prefer a dog shit instead a flower

04-12-12, 4:12 PM

Ragna92 said:
incisorr said:

Saber isn't the main character and if you think she sucks and is weak then you're mistaken.

I can see your just trolling because what you say doesn't make any sense. Chilidsh and retarded fights?

Apparently he forgot how Saber ALMOST DIED in F/SN just by using Excalibur once.

04-12-12, 4:53 PM

I wouldn't even bother trying to reply to Incisorr guys.

04-12-12, 10:21 PM

When I first seen the new animation and crisper art I was like this is going to be good, then the music started, and I was thinking it was even better than F/Z's. Yeah all I have to say is they are doing an awesome job, and this will most likely be the best anime this season, since most of the spring anime's imo aren't all that good lol.

04-12-12, 11:26 PM

what's with 'loved it' ? IT'S FUCKING EPICCCCCCC
I LITERALLY SCREAMED IN EVERY FUCKING MINUTE OF THE EP
OMG AND THE OPENING <33333333 Kalafina FTW!!!
i can't even comment properly WHAT IS THERE TO COMMENT ABOUT I'LL JUST LIST THE WHOLE EP HERE
Gil sama was fucking gloriousssss and ommmmmmmgggggg Berserkerrrr
oh Berserker thanks for existing <3
that psycho Ryuunosuke, even your death is COORU boy :)))
EVERYTHING IN THIS EP IS FUCKING EPIC.

04-13-12, 6:32 AM

Eh, too much obvious CGI and the dogfight between Gil and Berserker was just dumb. They even tried digressing from the main plot with the JSFD pilots "drama", not impressed by the first episode.

04-13-12, 7:36 AM

Pilots "digressing" was exactly as it was in the novels. IMO it was a welcome outsider's point of view on the debacle.

04-13-12, 7:45 AM

Subby said:
Pilots "digressing" was exactly as it was in the novels. IMO it was a welcome outsider's point of view on the debacle.

To be honest, I would've been bothered by such a cliched daikaiju film conversation, but the one pilot lampshaded it himself.

04-13-12, 2:21 PM

just watched episode 14..and I LOVED IT!! The whole episode was so full of stuff that it felt that it ended in just five minutes.

The only problem is that I'm having problems with Ryunosuke's deaf. I want to hate him and by happy that he is dead, but at the same time, I'm going to miss him. He was so cute.

Ryunosuke probably would of been many of people's favorite character if he was not a serial killer.

04-13-12, 2:22 PM

im happy to see that frog faced shithead die but i was hoping he would scream like a bitch when he see his own blood

04-13-12, 7:44 PM

Damn this anime still has a great budget. And they know to use it well.

04-14-12, 9:20 AM

I'm happy to see part 2, although somehow I expected more.
I found this episode rather disappointing for some reason.
I'll follow it since my memories of part 1 were great.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.

04-14-12, 11:22 AM

The opening is so awesome!

04-14-12, 2:02 PM

Fate/Macross Zero

04-14-12, 3:50 PM

Another_Unknown said:
Fate/Macross Zero
Animators won't stop using CG anytime soon, if anything it will keep increasing in use.

04-15-12, 11:18 AM

Leon-Gun said:
Another_Unknown said:
Fate/Macross Zero
Animators won't stop using CG anytime soon, if anything it will keep increasing in use.

I don't think he was talking about the CG.
He was propably referring to the fight between Gilgamesh and Berserker, which looked like it was from Macross.

04-15-12, 1:11 PM

Lynx_7 said:
Leon-Gun said:
Another_Unknown said:
Fate/Macross Zero

I don't think he was talking about the CG.
He was propably referring to the fight between Gilgamesh and Berserker, which looked like it was from Macross.
*sigh* I may just have been quick to judge, but most people who do mention the comparison do so because the whole scene is CG except for Gilgamesh.

04-15-12, 1:50 PM

no....Ryuuu!!! T^T he was one of my favorites of all the masters...

04-15-12, 3:07 PM

Aw, the ED was so sad, how it centered on just the two (well, with an itty bitty Illya). Makes me want to know how they met up to the beginning of Fate/Zero.

04-15-12, 3:17 PM

Waffocopter said:
Makes me want to know how they met up to the beginning of Fate/Zero.
Listen to the drama CD and you'll find out. UTW have released translation scripts for it.

04-15-12, 5:05 PM

Wow, thanks for the heads up! I'll be prepared to cry.

04-17-12, 10:32 AM

At least he died like a boss.

The CGI in this episode was awful. And what's worse, 85% of the episode was CGI. Stupid planes and stupid Berserker. I don't mind anime having CGI if it's done well, but this was ridiculous.

Pages (10) « First ... « 4.2 5.2 [6.2] 7.2 8.2 » ... Last »
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy