Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2012 8:15 AM

Dec 2006
All I could think of during the fight in the sky was: Ace Combat 'Zero'.
xD
(But, great episode as always!)
Apr 9, 2012 8:24 AM

Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
zeon said:
Montrovant1488 said:
Nice headshot!

Now I see why America's airforce is in a tight spot, an F-15 can barely manage to keep up with an ancient mesopotamic relic, shame on you USAF!!

Perhaps that's why Japan won't go after the F-35 after all.

I can't tell if you're joking or not, but the F-15 is probably the greatest air combat fighter ever made, and it was designed for just that -- air combat. Not for fighting monsters from Godzilla.

Good episode.
I though the best fighter was the F-18.....well it does not matter because the details is where it's at. The sidewinders and 120 AIM where nicely done TBH. It's just a shame that there was no missile firing by one of the pilots.
He is wright the F-15 is a better fighter it was designed as a air superiority fighter while the F-18 was designed as a multirole fighter.
In other worlds the F-15 was specifically designed for air to air combat while the F-18 was both designed for air to air and air to ground combat.
Since the F-15 was designed as a single purpose jet so it has some advantages over a multipurpose jet in air to air combat since it was designed specifically for that goal.
Tho in Air to ground combat the F-18 has the advantage over the F-15 because of it's multipurpose design but it would have a disadvantage over a jet which was specifically designed for ground attack such as the A-10.
When it comes to overall combat the F-18 would have the advantage over both the F-15 and the A-10 because of it's multipurpose design.
Tho i also have to say that even tho the F-15 would have a advantage in air to air combat it will still have a hard time with multirole fighters such as the F-18 or the F-16 and the outcome of such a battle also greatly depends on the pilots.

Now about the F-35 it's not a bad aircraft on the contrary it will have a few advantages over all the aircraft mentioned before the main one being it's stealth technology.
The main reason why it's in a bad spot is the rising costs for the F-35 project which makes investors doubt and some even turn to alternatives.
Most of these investors are country's which would like the replace there current jet fleet with the F-35 thing is many country's are on a tight budget and many of them are having budget cuts.
And even though it's a bad idea some of them are cutting down the budget on there defence including the US itself.
Meaning they want to know what the f-35 will cost them over the period the want to use it which is currently impossible to know due to the rising costs of the project.
Apr 9, 2012 8:34 AM

Apr 2009
thekaas said:
Lost quite a bit of sympathy for Tokiomi. Are they deliberately making me hate him as a lead-up to

Really?
Had the exact opposite effect for me.
In my eyes, he became a lot more sympathetic after this episode.
Whenever you correct someone's grammar just remember that nobody likes you.
Apr 9, 2012 8:46 AM

Jun 2008
akutasame94 said:
Hakuromatsu said:
akutasame94 said:
Reading Epic of Gilgamesh might provide more clues (he was half God you know)...

Actually, he was two-thirds god (don't ask how that works). And the only thing that prevented him from achieving full immortality was a snake stealing it from him, after which he wept at having gained nothing for his troubles. If I were up against Gilgamesh in the Grail War, I would casually bring up the fact that the King of Heroes was defeated by a snake just to see if I could break his haughty demeanor.

Yes... I forgot that detail about being two-thirds God... No matter, I read it two years ago... :P Still I laughed my ass off when I read your last sentence... LoL

But he wanted to help his people with immortality too, he wasn't so arrogant and selfish...

c´mon it was low of the snake to steal the immortality plant from Gil while he was taking a bath.
It is stated that Gil was bad at first, but then when he met

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 9, 2012 8:56 AM

Dec 2011
Orulyon said:
akutasame94 said:
Hakuromatsu said:
akutasame94 said:
Reading Epic of Gilgamesh might provide more clues (he was half God you know)...

Actually, he was two-thirds god (don't ask how that works). And the only thing that prevented him from achieving full immortality was a snake stealing it from him, after which he wept at having gained nothing for his troubles. If I were up against Gilgamesh in the Grail War, I would casually bring up the fact that the King of Heroes was defeated by a snake just to see if I could break his haughty demeanor.

Yes... I forgot that detail about being two-thirds God... No matter, I read it two years ago... :P Still I laughed my ass off when I read your last sentence... LoL

But he wanted to help his people with immortality too, he wasn't so arrogant and selfish...

c´mon it was low of the snake to steal the immortality plant from Gil while he was taking a bath.

Really?

LoL

Can't wait to see...
Apr 9, 2012 9:43 AM

Mar 2012
I like the berserker here than in the first season, he looks like a crazy soldier who's hungry for blood.. :D
this is a good start for the second season..
Apr 9, 2012 10:09 AM

Nov 2010
I hope I can watch this with everyone's memory of the story (and the 'parent story') wiped.

Must be fun to guess who will win, speculating, shipping certain heroes, etc.

5/5
Apr 9, 2012 11:12 AM
Sep 2010
itsvero said:

Lastly, can't wait to freaking see Saber's Noble Phantasm. It's gotta kick freaking ass cuz she's the highest Servant class.

!

"Sabers are the strongest" technically but Rider, Berserker, and Gil definitely beat her in this Grail War. I mean its arguable for her vs Rider and Berserker but she can only beat Rider if Excalibur hits him in his reality marble (extremely difficult with his Gordius wheel) while she'd need time to use it against Berserker.

And Berserker has better stats than her along with some other advantages.

Also @ the subs. GIL THE GARDNER LOL!
Apr 9, 2012 11:52 AM

Jan 2010
Ah yes, more Fate/Zero is a great thing. This episode was pretty spectacular, and I feel things are starting to fall into place already for some major plot twists/big events.
Apr 9, 2012 2:24 PM

Mar 2010
awesome as always.
Apr 9, 2012 3:08 PM

Feb 2012
Orulyon said:

I agree, for a character from such an old story he's surprisingly two-dimensional.
Apr 9, 2012 3:48 PM

Mar 2011
Great episode, but still can't think it's awesome...
Apr 9, 2012 4:22 PM

Aug 2011
This shit is horribly epic. 6/5
Apr 9, 2012 4:50 PM
Dec 2007
The new OP and ED are fantastic and the episode was simply epic. As perfect as season 1.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 9, 2012 6:10 PM
Dec 2007
fimbu1vetr said:
itsvero said:

Lastly, can't wait to freaking see Saber's Noble Phantasm. It's gotta kick freaking ass cuz she's the highest Servant class.

!

"Sabers are the strongest" technically but Rider, Berserker, and Gil definitely beat her in this Grail War. I mean its arguable for her vs Rider and Berserker but she can only beat Rider if Excalibur hits him in his reality marble (extremely difficult with his Gordius wheel) while she'd need time to use it against Berserker.

Technically in sheer stats Rider is the strongest Servant in the 4th War as Gil is not that strong. But Gil has a broken NP in his Gate of Babylon and Ea hence he's the type of Servant that has a Noble Phantasm stronger than he is. And then some argue Berserker can beat Saber but no, I think she can beat him although he's pretty evenly matched with her, it's not surprising either but saying why it's not surprising would be a spoiler.

The way I see it, judging both NP's and stats it goes a little like this:

Archer > Rider > Saber > Berserker > Lancer > Caster > Assassin with Archer being first only because of GoB and Ea and Saber having an edge over Berserker because of her mana supplies.

I also want to add Saber is actually capable of being number 1 if she HAD Avalon, which is currently in Irisviel's possession at the behest of Kiritsugu. Avalon is the ultimate EX rank defensive NP which makes her invulnerable even to Ea and heals any wounds. In other words, if she had Avalon with Kiritsugu's stable source of mana she can barrel through all her competition. Of course, the author worked against her by making Avalon innaccesible all through the 4th Holy Grail War, for plot convenience.
Leon-GunApr 9, 2012 6:18 PM

Apr 9, 2012 8:05 PM

Aug 2010
Leon-Gun said:
fimbu1vetr said:
itsvero said:

!

Technically in sheer stats Rider is the strongest Servant in the 4th War as Gil is not that strong. But Gil has a broken NP in his Gate of Babylon and Ea hence he's the type of Servant that has a Noble Phantasm stronger than he is. And then some argue Berserker can beat Saber but no, I think she can beat him although he's pretty evenly matched with her, it's not surprising either but saying why it's not surprising would be a spoiler.

Archer > Rider > Saber > Berserker > Lancer > Caster > Assassin with Archer being first only because of GoB and Ea and Saber having an edge over Berserker because of her mana supplies.

I also want to add Saber is actually capable of being number 1 if she HAD Avalon, which is currently in Irisviel's possession at the behest of Kiritsugu. Avalon is the ultimate EX rank defensive NP which makes her invulnerable even to Ea and heals any wounds. In other words, if she had Avalon with Kiritsugu's stable source of mana she can barrel through all her competition. Of course, the author worked against her by making Avalon innaccesible all through the 4th Holy Grail War, for plot convenience.

Ragna92Apr 9, 2012 8:27 PM
Apr 10, 2012 12:09 AM

Dec 2011
Don't bash on my Saber...

She's the best :P
Apr 10, 2012 6:22 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Top of the line action and entertainment from this episode. Gloves are off.

I'm I the only one who would like to see Kariya kick Tohsaka in the teeth? What he did to his daughter is unforgivable. Kariya is much more human than he is.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 10, 2012 7:43 AM

Aug 2010
akutasame94 said:

I don't think anyone is bashing her.
Apr 10, 2012 8:26 AM

Dec 2011
Ragna92 said:
akutasame94 said:

Ah well, you know what I mean...
Apr 10, 2012 10:27 AM

Nov 2007
Ryonousuke!!! ahh screw him.

great stuff as usual. Gilgamesh awesome as usual. Berserker took over a jet? this is gonna be good.
Apr 10, 2012 3:45 PM

Jun 2010
Great first episode. Should be expected.
Apr 10, 2012 4:34 PM
Dec 2007
Ragna92 said:
akutasame94 said:

Pretty sure he meant you, since you insisted on the "she can't defeat Gil, Rider or Berserker". Personally I think people give Rider too much credit and Berserker has one fatal flaw, he burns through his Master's mana like crazy. Pretty sure the only Berserker to have a Master that can fully make use of his abilities was Heracles.

Apr 10, 2012 10:28 PM

Aug 2010
Leon-Gun said:
Ragna92 said:
akutasame94 said:

Pretty sure he meant you, since you insisted on the "she can't defeat Gil, Rider or Berserker". Personally I think people give Rider too much credit and Berserker has one fatal flaw, he burns through his Master's mana like crazy. Pretty sure the only Berserker to have a Master that can fully make use of his abilities was Heracles.

I never said she can't defeat Berserker, I said it would be a pretty tough fight. You said that she would barrel her way through the competition with Avalon but I'm saying she can't.

Berserkers strength pretty much varies. If he had Kiritsugu as his master he would own this war. Imagine berserker with nukes.
Ragna92Apr 10, 2012 10:48 PM
Apr 10, 2012 11:34 PM

Apr 2012
Leon-Gun said:

Gil doesn't have high stats? All of his stats are B and above. If you give the stats numerical values and average them out (E=1, D=2, and so on, ignoring pluses), he's actually second to Berserker in stats if you factor in that EX NP. Also, Saber's stats are all equal to or better than Rider's, except for her Lancer-class Luck. Berserker's got the best stats overall (ignoring Gil's NP), but that's kind of the point of the class. With Avalon she could probably beat Berserker, probably without if she gets off Excalibur.

That said, Avalon wouldn't save her from a serious Gilgamesh. It counters Ea, sure, but what is she going to do about Gate of Babylon? I could be wrong, but I recall that she can't attack with the invincibility effect up and the healing won't do her any good if she can't get close/she takes a fatal blow before she does so.

I agree with your ranking, though, that looks about right..
Apr 10, 2012 11:44 PM

Nov 2010
Apr 11, 2012 8:07 AM

Aug 2010
TheRealBoyd said:
Leon-Gun said:

Gil doesn't have high stats? All of his stats are B and above. If you give the stats numerical values and average them out (E=1, D=2, and so on, ignoring pluses), he's actually second to Berserker in stats if you factor in that EX NP. Also, Saber's stats are all equal to or better than Rider's, except for her Lancer-class Luck. Berserker's got the best stats overall (ignoring Gil's NP), but that's kind of the point of the class. With Avalon she could probably beat Berserker, probably without if she gets off Excalibur.

That said, Avalon wouldn't save her from a serious Gilgamesh. It counters Ea, sure, but what is she going to do about Gate of Babylon? I could be wrong, but I recall that she can't attack with the invincibility effect up and the healing won't do her any good if she can't get close/she takes a fatal blow before she does so.

Serious Gil would also mean using Vinema. And he supposedly has nukes in there according to side material.
Apr 11, 2012 2:50 PM
Dec 2007
Ragna92 said:
TheRealBoyd said:
Leon-Gun said:

Serious Gil would also mean using Vinema. And he supposedly has nukes in there according to side material.
Serious Gil only happened 1 time and that was in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia. He called it a "one in a lifetime whim".

Apr 11, 2012 3:36 PM

Apr 2012
Not quite.
Apr 11, 2012 6:29 PM
Dec 2007
TheRealBoyd said:
Not quite.
If that's seriou I'm calling bullshit on him being able to win in one night.

Apr 11, 2012 6:55 PM

May 2008
Next episode:

EXCARIBAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!
Apr 11, 2012 8:21 PM

May 2010
Epic.

OP by Kalafina is spine-chilling btw.
Apr 11, 2012 9:29 PM

Apr 2012
Leon-Gun said:
TheRealBoyd said:
Not quite.
If that's seriou I'm calling bullshit on him being able to win in one night.

And why's that? That seemed like it only took a few minutes. That's more than enough time to win the war in one night.
Apr 12, 2012 11:40 AM

Jan 2010
Splendid episode. One of my favorites, probably tied with episodes 11 and 5.
The air fight between Gilgamesh and Berserker was very well done, and I also liked the dialogue between Tokiomi and Kariya.

I have to say, I didn't hate Ryuunosuke. He and Caster seemed like the only duo with a really strong relationship, I mean, they enjoyed the hell out of each other, it was very fun to watch in a batshit insane way. As already mentioned, it's just fiction, and I have a tendency of liking fictional villains because they tend to be more interesting to follow.
His death scene was really well done and Kiritsugu was boss at the end of the episode, saying he would put to test the so called chivalry between Lancer and Saber. I already feel sorry for Lancer, though. He is a very charismatic character, but I have a feeling he will be gone really soon. That will be sad...
Apr 12, 2012 3:40 PM

Nov 2011
23 mins+ of epic action indeed. Gilgamesh is such a fucking boss.
Apr 12, 2012 3:46 PM

Oct 2010
so much hype bout nothing

> saber supposedly the main char sucks in both animes so far (fateSN and zero first season), shes fucking bad and not strong at all and wins only with some broken imbalanced special attacks which for some reaosn she doesnt use at the start but after 15 min of fighting - childish and retarded fights in a pg 17+ anime

> berserker in fateSN is hercules which is fucking retarded considering hes monstrous and huge, berserker in fatezero is an intelligent 'Creature' which can control technology by tapping into it - makes no fucking sense but thats fatekids for you

> random exaggerated spells and stuff as usual ( caster's creature )

whatever ive already given up hope on the entire fate -thing series, so much potential all wasted, only reason im gonna watch it is to hopefully get some kid Rin so i can fap on her black tights , mad bro
lots of music -
Apr 12, 2012 4:07 PM

Aug 2010
incisorr said:

> saber supposedly the main char sucks in both animes so far (fateSN and zero first season), shes fucking bad and not strong at all and wins only with some broken imbalanced special attacks which for some reaosn she doesnt use at the start but after 15 min of fighting - childish and retarded fights in a pg 17+ anime

> berserker in fateSN is hercules which is fucking retarded considering hes monstrous and huge, berserker in fatezero is an intelligent 'Creature' which can control technology by tapping into it - makes no fucking sense but thats fatekids for you

whatever ive already given up hope on the entire fate -thing series, so much potential all wasted, only reason im gonna watch it is to hopefully get some kid Rin so i can fap on her black tights , mad bro

Saber isn't the main character and if you think she sucks and is weak then you're mistaken.

I can see your just trolling because what you say doesn't make any sense. Chilidsh and retarded fights?

Ragna92Apr 12, 2012 4:11 PM
Apr 12, 2012 4:12 PM

Oct 2009
incisorr said:

Exactly the kind of retarded complaints and reasoning I'd expect from someone who has this on his profile.

incisorr said:
Other than that, people who don't like fanservice and ecchi animes are gays and fags, you can tell me "but whats wrong with being gay"? well you know whats wrong, homosexuals are possessed by demons, thats like.. why would you prefer a dog shit instead a flower
Apr 12, 2012 4:12 PM
Dec 2007
Ragna92 said:
incisorr said:

Saber isn't the main character and if you think she sucks and is weak then you're mistaken.

I can see your just trolling because what you say doesn't make any sense. Chilidsh and retarded fights?

Apparently he forgot how Saber ALMOST DIED in F/SN just by using Excalibur once.

Apr 12, 2012 4:53 PM

Jun 2009
I wouldn't even bother trying to reply to Incisorr guys.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 12, 2012 11:26 PM

Sep 2011
what's with 'loved it' ? IT'S FUCKING EPICCCCCCC
I LITERALLY SCREAMED IN EVERY FUCKING MINUTE OF THE EP
OMG AND THE OPENING <33333333 Kalafina FTW!!!
i can't even comment properly WHAT IS THERE TO COMMENT ABOUT I'LL JUST LIST THE WHOLE EP HERE
Gil sama was fucking gloriousssss and ommmmmmmgggggg Berserkerrrr
oh Berserker thanks for existing <3
that psycho Ryuunosuke, even your death is COORU boy :)))
EVERYTHING IN THIS EP IS FUCKING EPIC.
Apr 13, 2012 6:32 AM

Feb 2008
Eh, too much obvious CGI and the dogfight between Gil and Berserker was just dumb. They even tried digressing from the main plot with the JSFD pilots "drama", not impressed by the first episode.

Apr 13, 2012 7:36 AM

May 2010
Pilots "digressing" was exactly as it was in the novels. IMO it was a welcome outsider's point of view on the debacle.
Apr 13, 2012 7:45 AM

Feb 2012
Subby said:
Pilots "digressing" was exactly as it was in the novels. IMO it was a welcome outsider's point of view on the debacle.

To be honest, I would've been bothered by such a cliched daikaiju film conversation, but the one pilot lampshaded it himself.
Apr 13, 2012 2:21 PM

Jan 2012
just watched episode 14..and I LOVED IT!! The whole episode was so full of stuff that it felt that it ended in just five minutes.

The only problem is that I'm having problems with Ryunosuke's deaf. I want to hate him and by happy that he is dead, but at the same time, I'm going to miss him. He was so cute.

Ryunosuke probably would of been many of people's favorite character if he was not a serial killer.
Apr 13, 2012 2:22 PM

Sep 2011
im happy to see that frog faced shithead die but i was hoping he would scream like a bitch when he see his own blood
Apr 13, 2012 7:44 PM
Feb 2012
Damn this anime still has a great budget. And they know to use it well.
Apr 14, 2012 9:20 AM

Jan 2011
I'm happy to see part 2, although somehow I expected more.
I found this episode rather disappointing for some reason.
I'll follow it since my memories of part 1 were great.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 14, 2012 11:22 AM

Dec 2009
The opening is so awesome!
Apr 14, 2012 2:02 PM

Jan 2009
Fate/Macross Zero
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.