MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Fate/Zero 2nd Season »» Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (21) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »
View Poll Results: Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!
 
458 87.07%
4 out of 5: Liked it
 
42 7.98%
3 out of 5: It was OK
 
19 3.61%
2 out of 5: Disliked it
 
1 0.19%
1 out of 5: Hated it
 
6 1.14%
Voters: 526

12-11-13, 2:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 207
I'm probably the only person who was glad that Ryuunosuke died. He deserved it for all the lives he took.

The airship fight was pretty cool, but I think it could have been done better. Rooting for Berserker because archers stuck up attitude is really annoying. Plus it would be nice to see him lose xD.

Not bad for a first episode. The action is going to start picking up so I'm excited to see more fights breaking out.
If you want me to see something, or reply to something, quote me. I hardly ever check back to topics I've posted in.
 
12-11-13, 2:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10015
Politoed said:
I'm probably the only person who was glad that Ryuunosuke died.
Pretty sue you arent.
 
01-23-14, 2:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 178
Caster's CG tentacle monster was pretty lame, and that berserker gilgamesh battle was derpily ridiculous. Ryuunosuke's death and Kiritsigu's whole bit were good though.
 
01-27-14, 6:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 787
Oh how disappointed I am. The new OP and ED are absolutely shit compared to s1's.
 
01-27-14, 7:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10015
Anon1409 said:
Oh how disappointed I am. The new OP and ED are absolutely shit compared to s1's.
Lol no.
Especially when they fit the story so perfectly.
And
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=432679
 
02-07-14, 3:46 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 725
Wow.




♪ HIME HIME HIME, SUKI SUKI DAISUKI, HIME, HIME ♪
 
02-15-14, 5:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 295
Finally Ryuunosuke gets what he deserves. What a sick M.F. Hopefully Castor's next.
AWESOME EPISODE!!
 
03-04-14, 6:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 650
Iszumi said:
Finally Ryuunosuke gets what he deserves. What a sick M.F. Hopefully Castor's next.
AWESOME EPISODE!!


I feel like I'm the only one who actually like Ryuunosuke/caster pair. They were sick twisted and evil but they made for great characters. + they are less assholes than kotomine and kiritsiguru
"The only thing all humans are equal in... is death."
-Johan Liebert
 
03-05-14, 1:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10015
Celestrial2 said:
Iszumi said:
Finally Ryuunosuke gets what he deserves. What a sick M.F. Hopefully Castor's next.
AWESOME EPISODE!!


I feel like I'm the only one who actually like Ryuunosuke/caster pair. They were sick twisted and evil but they made for great characters. + they are less assholes than kotomine and kiritsiguru
Great chars yes. Less assholes no way in hell.
 
03-05-14, 11:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3831
Great way to pick back up from the first part. Ryuunosuke's death left me in a strange mix of wanting to feel for the guy and laughing. At least he died happy and stayed true to his insanity to the end. At first I thought the Berserker was there to help out, but as soon as he took that plane towards Gilgamesh it was on. I really want to see more of Berserker + Emiya.
"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic." - Ezio Auditore, Assassin's Creed Revelations.
 
03-08-14, 6:54 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 18
that Gilgamesh vs. Berserker dogfight was on some Ace Combat level shit yo
 
03-18-14, 2:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 287
i like how the opening has lyrics that are almost a direct quote of how kiritsugu's ideals are described in fate/stay night http://puu.sh/7zUey.jpg and the ending has a line about short lives while irisviel is onscreen lol http://puu.sh/7zUbu.jpg

it's a little hard to take this anime seriously when half the cast is fighting a giant lovecraftian sea monster while a dude screams about how cool it is and a big guy in black armor commandeers a fighter jet to fight a golden airship nearby

this anime's supposed to be dark and mature? try over the top. fate/stay night was quite a bit more grounded (literally) than this, and i'd say it's better for it. unless you're in the mood for something over the top, and there's not necessarily anything wrong with that. it's certainly a bit early to make any final judgments though.

edit: come to think of it, maybe i should take fate/stay night being grounded back. after all we did get saber running up the side of a very tall building. that was pretty ridiculous. not sure it matches this episode, though, or kiritsugu's building demolition.
Modified by MaxVdub, 03-18-14, 3:06 AM
 
03-18-14, 7:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 6012
MaxVdub said:
i like how the opening has lyrics that are almost a direct quote of how kiritsugu's ideals are described in fate/stay night http://puu.sh/7zUey.jpg and the ending has a line about short lives while irisviel is onscreen lol http://puu.sh/7zUbu.jpg

it's a little hard to take this anime seriously when half the cast is fighting a giant lovecraftian sea monster while a dude screams about how cool it is and a big guy in black armor commandeers a fighter jet to fight a golden airship nearby

this anime's supposed to be dark and mature? try over the top. fate/stay night was quite a bit more grounded (literally) than this, and i'd say it's better for it. unless you're in the mood for something over the top, and there's not necessarily anything wrong with that. it's certainly a bit early to make any final judgments though.

edit: come to think of it, maybe i should take fate/stay night being grounded back. after all we did get saber running up the side of a very tall building. that was pretty ridiculous. not sure it matches this episode, though, or kiritsugu's building demolition.
Isn't over the top more like when something incredibly ridiculous is pulled out? Something like Kill la Kill? ._.
I think a lot of those events you mentioned are certainly possible and well within realistic bounds in the Nasuverse.
Perhaps we have different ideas of "over the top", but I'm thinking more along the lines of Kill la Kill such as swinging a blade and some building in the distance is sliced in two. Kiritsugu blowing one up with explosives for a good reason (remember all the traps Kayneth described?), not so much :|

Eh, I think you may or may not change your mind in eps 18/19. Maybe...
Modified by Forgetfulness, 03-18-14, 7:15 AM
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Stand united mal users against the mods attempts to stop good threads. We can beat them for we share something they do not own. A mutual hatred for one another. STAND STROOOONG!!!!
Higashi_No_Kaze said:
Nobody wins on MAL. We all just lose time.
 
03-18-14, 10:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10015
MaxVdub said:

it's a little hard to take this anime seriously when half the cast is fighting a giant lovecraftian sea monster while a dude screams about how cool it is and a big guy in black armor commandeers a fighter jet to fight a golden airship nearby

I dont see any of this cant be taken seriously.
Caster's monster isnt the first monster to appear in Type moon's works.Most of the Types in Notes are "worse".
Ryunusoke was always crazy, while Berserker can use anything he considers a weapon.And Gilgamesh's airship is straight out of legends.
 
03-18-14, 10:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 287
Forgetfulness said:
Isn't over the top more like when something incredibly ridiculous is pulled out? Something like Kill la Kill? ._.
I think a lot of those events you mentioned are certainly possible and well within realistic bounds in the Nasuverse.
Perhaps we have different ideas of "over the top", but I'm thinking more along the lines of Kill la Kill such as swinging a blade and some building in the distance is sliced in two. Kiritsugu blowing one up with explosives for a good reason (remember all the traps Kayneth described?), not so much :|

Eh, I think you may or may not change your mind in eps 18/19. Maybe...

what is ridiculous is pretty subjective. yes, kill la kill is quite over the top. it also sets that tone for itself very early on (i.e. the very first episode). whereas i've had it drilled into me for a while now that f/z a Mature anime for Adults, supposedly. also, i came into this expecting kiritsugu to use modern weapons. berserker taking control of a jet was a bit unexpected. and yea, i consider that pretty over the top. it's something i'd expect to see in a michael bay movie, not a show about wizards duking it out.

ssjokg said:
I dont see any of this cant be taken seriously.
Caster's monster isnt the first monster to appear in Type moon's works.Most of the Types in Notes are "worse".
Ryunusoke was always crazy, while Berserker can use anything he considers a weapon.And Gilgamesh's airship is straight out of legends.


only type-moon work i've experienced before this was fate/stay night. ryuunosuke and caster were very hard to take seriously after the initial shock of seeing crucified kids wore off. they ham their roles up considerably to the point where it doesn't seem like the director wanted you to take them seriously.
 
03-18-14, 12:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 6170
ssjokg said:
MaxVdub said:

it's a little hard to take this anime seriously when half the cast is fighting a giant lovecraftian sea monster while a dude screams about how cool it is and a big guy in black armor commandeers a fighter jet to fight a golden airship nearby

I dont see any of this cant be taken seriously.
Caster's monster isnt the first monster to appear in Type moon's works.Most of the Types in Notes are "worse".
Ryunusoke was always crazy, while Berserker can use anything he considers a weapon.And Gilgamesh's airship is straight out of legends.


Let's not forget that we have true magic users that could explode a continent with a yawn and a dude who can split the world in half with his sword in Notes. And they barely are able to put a dent into Types.

Or Saber Nero of "LOLICANHAVEANYPOWERIWANTBECAUSEMYEGOPIERCESHEAVENS" fame.

Then we have Arcueid "I can manipulate reality and will always be stronger than my enemies" Brunestud. Not to mention CIEL who lols at death.

or LOLSHIKI(knk one)

MaxVdub said:
Forgetfulness said:
Isn't over the top more like when something incredibly ridiculous is pulled out? Something like Kill la Kill? ._.
I think a lot of those events you mentioned are certainly possible and well within realistic bounds in the Nasuverse.
Perhaps we have different ideas of "over the top", but I'm thinking more along the lines of Kill la Kill such as swinging a blade and some building in the distance is sliced in two. Kiritsugu blowing one up with explosives for a good reason (remember all the traps Kayneth described?), not so much :|

Eh, I think you may or may not change your mind in eps 18/19. Maybe...

what is ridiculous is pretty subjective. yes, kill la kill is quite over the top. it also sets that tone for itself very early on (i.e. the very first episode). whereas i've had it drilled into me for a while now that f/z a Mature anime for Adults, supposedly. also, i came into this expecting kiritsugu to use modern weapons. berserker taking control of a jet was a bit unexpected. and yea, i consider that pretty over the top. it's something i'd expect to see in a michael bay movie, not a show about wizards duking it out.

ssjokg said:
I dont see any of this cant be taken seriously.
Caster's monster isnt the first monster to appear in Type moon's works.Most of the Types in Notes are "worse".
Ryunusoke was always crazy, while Berserker can use anything he considers a weapon.And Gilgamesh's airship is straight out of legends.


only type-moon work i've experienced before this was fate/stay night. ryuunosuke and caster were very hard to take seriously after the initial shock of seeing crucified kids wore off. they ham their roles up considerably to the point where it doesn't seem like the director wanted you to take them seriously.


You mean the same FSN where


The same FSN that has Bazett and Lancer


Its still fantasy genre.
Modified by Fai, 03-18-14, 12:55 PM
 
03-18-14, 1:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 287




haven't read ataraxia so i can't comment on anything that happens in that.
 
03-18-14, 1:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 6012
^ In Kiritsugu's case, that was the whole point of his career. He uses actual weaponry in combination with magecraft in order to best exploit other magi.
Also, Caster's monster comes from magecraft as well, unless you find F/sn Rider's Noble Phantasm to also be "over the top"

The rest (Berserker, Gilgamesh) is up to your opinion I guess...
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Stand united mal users against the mods attempts to stop good threads. We can beat them for we share something they do not own. A mutual hatred for one another. STAND STROOOONG!!!!
Higashi_No_Kaze said:
Nobody wins on MAL. We all just lose time.
 
03-18-14, 1:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 650
Celestrial2 said:
Iszumi said:
Finally Ryuunosuke gets what he deserves. What a sick M.F. Hopefully Castor's next.
AWESOME EPISODE!!


I feel like I'm the only one who actually like Ryuunosuke/caster pair. They were sick twisted and evil but they made for great characters. + they are less assholes than kotomine and kiritsiguru


but like, kirei goes around killing everybody for fun on a much larger scale than ryuunosuke
"The only thing all humans are equal in... is death."
-Johan Liebert
 
03-18-14, 1:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10015
MaxVdub said:




haven't read ataraxia so i can't comment on anything that happens in that.

YEah but lets see what you say is over the top in FZ and its foreshadowing.
Caster's monster.Caster had been using Cthulhu lang since ep2 and all of his monsters were "out of this world".
Gil and Berserker already explained above.
Kiritusgu's hotel demolition.That was Kiritsugu using modern weaponry.Also in the fight with Kayneth,in Ryunosoke's death and later on.
Magi fighting.Kayneth already did it.Waver and Kariya are failures at it since the beginning and Kirei with Tokiomi wont do anything until tome comes(as you know from FSN).

I am not sure where the Adults part came from since most adults would even read the novel if they didnt know FSN.
And even if it is, it still is about magic.Taking over a jet by standing on it ,simply because you were the best during your era, is magic just like having a sword that can destroy the planet.
Also Michael bays movies are generally bad because there is more focus on explosions and US army fighting than in the MCs(Transformers) and the story.Not something that can be said about FZ.

Celestrial2 said:
Celestrial2 said:
Iszumi said:
Finally Ryuunosuke gets what he deserves. What a sick M.F. Hopefully Castor's next.
AWESOME EPISODE!!


I feel like I'm the only one who actually like Ryuunosuke/caster pair. They were sick twisted and evil but they made for great characters. + they are less assholes than kotomine and kiritsiguru


but like, kirei goes around killing everybody for fun on a much larger scale than ryuunosuke

Eh no.Kirei also uses their deaths or ruin.He doesnt simply look at others die or lead to despair just because it was fun.
ALso Kirei knows that this isnt right.Ryunosuke thinks he does a favor to God.
Modified by ssjokg, 03-18-14, 1:32 PM
 
Top
Pages (21) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices