Forum Settings
Forums

Production Studio of Little Busters! Anime is J.C. Staff

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2012 2:02 AM

Feb 2010
I'm really disappointed about the choice of the animation studio. I really wished it would be P.A. Works or at least A-1 Pictures. But okay, J.C. Staff you now have the chance to prove you're also able to make a good Little Busters! anime. Don't waste it.
Apr 7, 2012 2:04 AM

Oct 2009
GaZsTiC said:
earthfairys said:
My gosh, people, start giving this anime a chance. Don't say that it's bad even before it began.

Also, KyoAni's adaptions weren't 100% good either. Rather, I felt that they placed more importance in the comedy scenes than the emotional portions. But, damn, I'm irritated at all this comments about people being disappointed it's not KyoAni. I'm pretty sure that 70% of another thread already had people agreeing that it's not KyoAni. It's really too slow to be disappointed only now.

People aren't disappointed it's not KyoAni.

They're disappointed it's JC Staff who are infamous for making terrible adaptations.

yep
Apr 7, 2012 2:06 AM

Jun 2009
I'm still being optimistic but pffffffffffffft HAHAHAHAHA

This is actually pretty hilarious.
Apr 7, 2012 2:06 AM

Aug 2009
GaZsTiC said:

They're disappointed it's JC Staff who are infamous for making terrible adaptations.

Well, truth to be told, in comparison to DEEN, I find that J.C. Staff is pretty okay. Of course, I had hopes that it would be P.A. Works or White Fox, but I don't believe that J.C. Staff has THAT bad of a reputation as of now. :X
Konohana Niji
Translator, Writer, Illustrator
Critic, Reader, Viewer, Gamer

Translator of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime and Deemo -Last Dream-

Tumblr / Twitter
Apr 7, 2012 2:09 AM

Feb 2008
I just lost all interest in the anime.

Time to go reread the VN some more.
Apr 7, 2012 2:09 AM

Feb 2008
I'm sorry but J.C.Staff is my least favourite studio.

@Earthfairys: KyoAni aren't perfect, no. But J.C.Staff are generally a pile of steaming crap.
KappakaApr 7, 2012 2:15 AM
Apr 7, 2012 2:10 AM

Jan 2008
GaZsTiC said:

I am
Apr 7, 2012 2:12 AM

May 2008
earthfairys said:
My gosh, people, start giving this anime a chance. Don't say that it's bad even before it began.

Also, KyoAni's adaptions weren't 100% good either. Rather, I felt that they placed more importance in the comedy scenes than the emotional portions. But, damn, I'm irritated at all this comments about people being disappointed it's not KyoAni. I'm pretty sure that 70% of another thread already had people agreeing that it's not KyoAni. It's really too slow to be disappointed only now.

Dude this you see the staff being it? Do you seriously think JC stuff will do somewhat a good job?? Sorry but if you say that even Kyoani werent 100% then god knows what JC staff will be
Apr 7, 2012 2:12 AM
Apr 2011
This is too funny, but at least Oremio season 2
Apr 7, 2012 2:15 AM

Jun 2011
From JC there will be only graphics, story will be done by KEY anyway.
Apr 7, 2012 2:15 AM

May 2010
Okay... They can't make bad anime of my favourite game... Aha... Ahahaha...
It could be worse. It's not Toei at least.
I just hope they won't show it as some moe shit :|
Apr 7, 2012 2:17 AM
Jul 2018
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Didn't expect that :/
Apr 7, 2012 2:17 AM
Feb 2011
Let's wait till they announce that this series will be only 1 cour.
Apr 7, 2012 2:18 AM

May 2008
JC staff are a joke, they have better staff and yet they put up average people for this... I am f*cking losing my brain cells at the moment, Guys if you seriously think they would actually do somewhat a good adaptation like Kyoani with clannad aand such then your wrong, dam wrong.

How can key let them handle Little Busters! out of all the dam other studios, Bloody hell I would have waited for Kyoani or even PA works or bloody even White fox..

Yes guys I have little hope at the moment, I just cant believe its JC staff with that kind of production team...
Apr 7, 2012 2:19 AM

Aug 2009
Fabrice said:
Dude this you see the staff being it? Do you seriously think JC stuff will do somewhat a good job?? Sorry but if you say that even Kyoani werent 100% then god knows what JC staff will be

Okay, I know that the whole thread will be against me right now, because I have no real complains about J.C.Staff so far. The only adaptions from them that I see people complaining about are adaptions of light novels which, honestly, became boring for me halfway through. However, I think they do pretty well with comedy and romance to a certain degree. And I know that the staff of Key wouldn't want any of their games getting a poor adaption, so I'm sure that we have at least that much confirmation that it wouldn't be disappointing.
Konohana Niji

Tumblr / Twitter
Apr 7, 2012 2:20 AM

Sep 2011
JC Staff is pretty random as far as quality goes. But hey, at least it's not DEEN.
Apr 7, 2012 2:21 AM

Feb 2008
Actually I just got the shock of my life looking through their series. They did Honey and Clover and Nodame Cantabile. However, the staff they've got for this adaption DO seem to be the ones that have worked on mostly rubbish eg. Index. That's a real shame really.
Apr 7, 2012 2:23 AM

Jul 2010
Well shit. -_-

Apr 7, 2012 2:24 AM

Apr 2010
earthfairys said:
GaZsTiC said:

Well, truth to be told, in comparison to DEEN, I find that J.C. Staff is pretty okay. Of course, I had hopes that it would be P.A. Works or White Fox, but I don't believe that J.C. Staff has THAT bad of a reputation as of now. :X

Honestly, most people, myself included of course, are just overreacting. But with good reason. JC Staff really hasn't been doing very well with adaptations lately. They managed to turn Bakuman into a boring slide show. Shana first season was great, but then season 2 and 3 were a total mess. Hidan no Aria really isn't a bad light novel series, but the anime was literally garbage. And don't even get me started on the travesty they did to Yumekui Merry. In every case, JC Staff managed to take something good/great and turned it into something bad/mediocre.
Apr 7, 2012 2:24 AM

May 2008
earthfairys said:
Fabrice said:

Okay, I know that the whole thread will be against me right now, because I have no real complains about J.C.Staff so far. The only adaptions from them that I see people complaining about are adaptions of light novels which, honestly, became boring for me halfway through. However, I think they do pretty well with comedy and romance to a certain degree. And I know that the staff of Key wouldn't want any of their games getting a poor adaption, so I'm sure that we have at least that much confirmation that it wouldn't be disappointing.

Then the people from Key are having a midlife crisis. They seriously are taking a gamble with there decision a HUGE one.
Apr 7, 2012 2:25 AM

May 2008
peix said:
earthfairys said:
GaZsTiC said:

Honestly, most people, myself included of course, are just overreacting. But with good reason. JC Staff really hasn't been doing very well with adaptations lately. They managed to turn Bakuman into a boring slide show. Shana first season was great, but then season 2 and 3 were a total mess. Hidan no Aria really isn't a bad light novel series, but the anime was literally garbage. And don't even get me started on the travesty they did to Yumekui Merry. In every case, JC Staff managed to take something good/great and turned it into something bad/mediocre.

Yes but did you look at the Staff that Jc staff put in charge? Below average. compared the series you mentioned.
Apr 7, 2012 2:27 AM

Sep 2008
I think many people should realize that production studio is generally responsible for animation quality only (and a show like Little Busters doesn't require any spectacular animation). Most of the creative staff working in the anime industry nowadays aren't affiliated with any particular studio, so for the story it doesn't mean anything which studio is working on the show.
Apr 7, 2012 2:27 AM

Apr 2010
Fabrice said:
peix said:
earthfairys said:
GaZsTiC said:

Yes but did you look at the Staff that Jc staff put in charge? Below average. compared the series you mentioned.

Oh God, you're right. FUCK EVERYTHING
Apr 7, 2012 2:29 AM

Oct 2011
This news just made my day XDDD
ok maybe not the news but comments that are sure to come...

but I'm one of few people, it seems, that actually like J.C. Staff and some of their current works (Milky Holmes is briliant, AnoNatsu is great)
Apr 7, 2012 2:30 AM
Mar 2010
so I dunno much about JC Staff, plus I liked Shugo Chara and I've never heard of Little Busters before so I'm watching it anyway.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 7, 2012 2:32 AM

Sep 2011
sigh.

Apr 7, 2012 2:33 AM

Sep 2009
The do is not the deal. J.S.Staff could make really great if they smell profit. What bothers me is director and scriptwrighter.

But probably I have to tell something to defend the studio.

Shana III wasn't a mess. And It's 90% perfect as adaptation. People saying it's a mess because of plot holes in S2(which was really the mess), which stusdio can't cover(just don't have an opportunity to add some scenes, cutted from S2 in S3).

Index is good as adaptation and has really good animation quality. A lot of people just don't like the story itself.

So if the studio would taught that LB will give them a lot of money(and it has large chhances to do so), than they'll give it all to adapt it perfectly.
Nachtwandler_21Apr 7, 2012 2:40 AM
Apr 7, 2012 2:37 AM

May 2008
Series compositon
Shugo Chara...

Shugo Chara and Little Busters... What the f*ck is this!!??
Apr 7, 2012 2:37 AM

Aug 2009
Nachtwandler_21 said:
The udio is not the deal. J.S.Staff could make really great if they smell profit. What bothers me is director and scriptwrighter.

Same here. Neither of them have any significant popular work. x__x
Konohana Niji

Tumblr / Twitter
Apr 7, 2012 2:40 AM

Jul 2011
"Director - Yamakawa Yoshiki
(Azumanga Daioh, Di Gi Charat, Kill Me Baby!, etc)"

I died a little inside when I read this.

NghtmrSrph said:
We'll just have to wait to the 2016 KyoAni remake, am I right?

Haha, if only. It may actually turn out well, we'll see how it goes.
Apr 7, 2012 2:40 AM

Jun 2009
nextday said:
dtshyk said:
J.C. Staff

Looks like the Little Busters! anime came to end before it even began.

so true....
Apr 7, 2012 2:49 AM

May 2008
ooking at the overall picture Its going to be tough for the staff that was enlisted by Jc staff to make it a "good" adaptation, LB! is such a difficult concept that sometimes I myself think maybe its better than its not animated.

Unless the staff KNOWS LB! and played the game, read the novel and all and understand the whole concept of LB! then it might be okay..

Im just scared that they will f*ck up the image of Little Busters! so with Key just for the sake of having Little Busters animated.
Apr 7, 2012 2:52 AM

Dec 2007
Not sure what the problem everyone is having is honestly. Now I may not be completely familiar with all the original works their anime have been for, but many have been good regardless. Like Hayate, Nodame, Honey and Clover, and Utena. Although, they were involved in, whats my opinion of, the worst adaptation ever, Tsukihime. But really they have a long history that's not soley bad so there's no saying it's doomed already.

And too be honest I was hoping it wouldn't be Kyoani after the stunt they pulled at the end of Clannad After Story.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2012 2:52 AM

Dec 2007
You gotta be kidding me...
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Apr 7, 2012 2:53 AM

Dec 2010
dtshyk said:
Staff
Director: Yamakawa Yoshiki
Series Composition: Shimada Michiru ("Shugo Chara!", "Jewelpet Tinkle")

Who are these people?
Apr 7, 2012 2:55 AM

Aug 2010
Aha...aha...AHAHAHAHA!

Oh man this was golden...

Now I'm looking forward to it even more, just how much can they mess this up?
Apr 7, 2012 2:56 AM

Dec 2007
Don't get what is with all the hate, at least give them a chance.

Simplest way to put it to those who don't like this: Just go play the original visual novel...
SarvisonApr 7, 2012 3:08 AM
Apr 7, 2012 2:59 AM
Jun 2011
I already bought my ticket to japan. Im just happy i read the VN, so if the anime turns out to be crap at least i now the original story....

Also what the hell is with the staff, i can only see this going bad....
Apr 7, 2012 3:04 AM

May 2011
So it's them again. Hoping this won't turned bad.
Apr 7, 2012 3:04 AM

May 2008
Sarvison said:

Simplest way to put it to those who don't like this: Just go read the original visual novel...

You mean play the original visual novel.
Apr 7, 2012 3:06 AM

Jun 2010
FUCK. That's all I have to say.
Apr 7, 2012 3:08 AM

Dec 2007
Fabrice said:
Sarvison said:

Simplest way to put it to those who don't like this: Just go read the original visual novel...

Yea, I meant that.
Apr 7, 2012 3:10 AM

Oct 2008
And here I was crying that it seemed unlikely to be KyoAni. I would literally take anything else over this. Except maybe DEEN.

This seems suspicious though, one minute they were saying they were turning down everyone because they only wanted KyoAni.. and now this? Must be a troll. Definitely. There's no way this is real, right? Ha. Hahahaha.

;_;
the Imaginary and the Real can never mingle.
Apr 7, 2012 3:19 AM

Jan 2011
my heart died
Mar 2011
One theme I'm reading between the lines when looking at the staff (director, series composer) is that they've worked largely on long series. So there's a good chance it will get 52 episodes.

Whether those are 52 good episodes remains to be seen, but on the other hand there's no name for storyboard yet; if Key is directly in charge of that it may make a big difference.
Aug 2009
I've been waiting for so long, and when it finally is confirmed; no KyoAni?!

Not that J.C is bad, but I think KyoAni would do a better job on this one...
Apr 7, 2012 3:25 AM

Mar 2007
haven't read the VN. since J.C.Staff is doing this, i'll probably watch it.

i mean they do butcher a lot of adaptations, but they're not THAT bad. aside from Yumekui Merry, i think.

i hope the VA's are good. 90% chance of rie and around 50% of okamoto.
Apr 7, 2012 3:27 AM

Jun 2011
Fuck i was hoping PA Works got this. J.C Staff sucks at making adaptation. Hoping some miracle happens and they replaced J.C.

P.S. FUCK THIS SHIT SERIOUSLY
ArcanaTraceApr 7, 2012 3:55 AM
Apr 7, 2012 3:39 AM

May 2008
* Get awake
* Read everywhere Production Studio is gonna be J.C. Staff for Little Busters!

Oh look, this must be a really, REALLY bad dream...
Let's get back to sleep and hope it'll turn out to be a bad dream...

* Sleepzzz

No but seriously, what the fuck are they doing? First turning every company down, and now let J.C. Staff handle this?
- CR Translator

Anime is Love. Anime is Life.
Apr 7, 2012 3:40 AM

Jul 2011
GaZsTiC said:
Fabrice said:
Sarvison said:

Read. Play. Same difference.

They pretty much are with Visual Novels
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

1 by ZXEAN »»
43 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
45 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

22 by Piromysl »»
1 hour ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.