Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 6, 2012 7:02 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
New OP!!! Not as good as the previous one but the new Ending is performed very well.

Fillers began. Well, at least it's a magical ball. Erza looks great episode. Oh wait, she looks great every episode :>

Anyways, dancing, magic, ice-make, and proposal. Hope this filler arc will be something worth watching.

Check out the ending song btw. It's worth it.
Stark700Apr 6, 2012 9:31 PM
Apr 6, 2012 7:45 PM
Jan 2012
Filler? Time to put Fairy Tail on-hold.

The new ED is great.
Apr 6, 2012 7:52 PM
Nov 2009
metaphysicx92 said:
Filler? Time to put Fairy Tail on-hold.

The new ED is great.

geez don't be that guy who hates filler just cause its filler. you're telling me that awesome op doesn't have you the least bit interested in the filler?
Apr 6, 2012 7:57 PM

Jan 2012
It's fine if it's a filler. It's good, at least they don't put fillers in the middle of an arc, like bleach.
Apr 6, 2012 7:59 PM

May 2011
so it's filler arc. Well it was good timing and I'm going to watch it.
Apr 6, 2012 8:04 PM

Mar 2009
Yeah its a filler, but for a filler its not bad. And as previously mentioned, better to have some fillers between arcs instead of in the middle of an arc like certain other animes.
Apr 6, 2012 8:12 PM

Oct 2011
Filler looks quite interesting.. allowing them 2 get used the world after 7 yrs.. and the anime's a bit too close to the manga (15 eps. please and fair plot)
Apr 6, 2012 8:50 PM
Oct 2009
This episode was not bad, but it could've been much better. The plot seemed to fall apart once they got to the ball. Like, was the lady Gray was dancing with the criminal or just a woman who happened to specialize in ice magic? And the proposal just looked like it was something to ensure FT once again doesn't get the reward money. In short, it fell on an anticlimax that tried to be heartwarming, and I just didn't feel it.

Still, the best part was the dance practice. Hilarious and adorable at the same time, it made this episode memorable.

Judging from next week's preview, with this "Jiggle Butt Gang", the next episode looks...painful. But luckily, it doesn't look like it'll be the main focus of the filler. Rather, the focus seems to be this mystery woman and a giant wrapped-up key Lucy is seen holding, and from the looks of things, it looks like it has potential. It also looks like we'll be seeing a bit of some of Earthland's versions of Edolas' characters. I just wish there weren't so many scenes that are shown for just a split-second.

I'm gonna sit through this filler because I know it still has potential. I just hope it won't squander it, and will find a way to segue into the manga material.
Apr 6, 2012 8:51 PM
Jan 2008
The opening was amazing and done like an opening instead of spoiling things, but rather show brief new things that make me go wow! So yeah, amazing opening.

Ending is just as great, makes me really look forward to the Lucy/Michelle arc that I didn't seem to like before.

Also, after the opening foreshadowing, you should at least give the filler a try.

- Kinana's past, as you may know, how she was cursed as Cuberios.
- Laharl and some doll?
- Lucy-centered plot with some girl called "Michelle" and some strange key.
- Jiggle Butt Gang from Rave
- Aaaand the Edolas characters with their Earthland versions appearing.

It seems epic. .w.
Apr 6, 2012 8:51 PM

Jul 2010
I love the new OP and ED.And the next episode will be hilarious for Rave Master fans.Since the next episode will have the Getsupuri Gang.XD
Also,anyone notice the animation improvement?It may not be huge,but still.
Apr 6, 2012 8:54 PM

Dec 2011
I knew this is bound to happen.
I don't hate anime because of fillers, but I think they should have done the fillers before the Tenroujima arc. Didn't they mention in the manga that Fairy Tail is last place guild that is why they don't get enough jobs? So it will look more right if they have done the fillers before the Tenroujima arc. Just my opinion.

The opening of +Plus sounds good and the ending is awesome.

I see Rave characters here. The Evil Jiggle Butt Gang is having a cameo here. They might even remain as recurring characters.

From what the opening and ending spoils... these are things that will be the next arc/episode.
an arc for: (character - involved new character)

Kinana (the waitress who doesn't remember her memories) - an old man
Lahar (the magic council executive) - magic robot
Lucy - a girl with the odd key.
Wendy - Evil Jiggle Butt Gang
Natsu and Romeo - an armor and shield guy
Lucy (again) - with the Edolas characters
Gray and Lyon - an Elvis Presley-like guy with acid magic
Strauss siblings - probably a take over girl with similar powers to Mira
Pantherlily - Magic council exceed

From them, I think that the one who is gonna have whole arcs are Kinana and Lucy. Some of them are probably just one episode stories.

Does any body here know if Hiro Mashima created the storyboards for the filler? Thanks.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2012 9:14 PM
Jan 2008
Fiji said:

Kinana (the waitress who doesn't remember her memories) - an old man
Lahar (the magic council executive) - magic robot
Lucy - a girl with the odd key.
Wendy - Evil Jiggle Butt Gang
Natsu and Romeo - an armor and shield guy
Lucy (again) - with the Edolas characters
Gray and Lyon - an Elvis Presley-like guy with acid magic
Strauss siblings - probably a take over girl with similar powers to Mira
Pantherlily - Magic council exceed

The Lucy and key ties with the girl in the dress who is dubbed "Michelle" and also appears in the ending with Lucy.

The Elvis Presley Guy and the ones the Strauss siblings are facing are the Earthland version of the guards in Edolas (Hudges and Sugarboy, yes Hudges Earthland version is a girl).
Apr 6, 2012 9:25 PM

Dec 2011
Williampetty said:

The Lucy and key ties with the girl in the dress who is dubbed "Michelle" and also appears in the ending with Lucy.

The Elvis Presley Guy and the ones the Strauss siblings are facing are the Earthland version of the guards in Edolas (Hudges and Sugarboy, yes Hudges Earthland version is a girl).

Oh, you might be right. This might be the real deal. Though Coco is somehow the same.
So the girl's name is Michelle? Heh. Looks interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2012 9:25 PM

May 2008
The Evil Jiggle butt Gang reminds me of the Medabots enemy . Also this episode was quite nice , Gray's Ice make Kite was freaking awesome . Though i thought this would be part of the arc taking place oh well.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 6, 2012 9:28 PM

Aug 2008
hmm...the ball was interesting~ it was funny when Lucy was expecting something from Natsu. Not sure how I feel about the fillers~ I guess they need to do it....hopefully it will be interesting.
Apr 6, 2012 9:59 PM

Aug 2011
the fillers look promising.think to give it a try

iSignature

"I specialize in reading manga but don't get how to draw manga at all" -Asaba Yuuki-
Apr 6, 2012 10:16 PM

Nov 2011
i love the new ending

Apr 6, 2012 10:21 PM

Aug 2011
natsu's outfit looks weird but also cool
i read the poster as 4000000 belli.not jewel.too much one piece i guess
the dance practice are funny i enjoyed it
the fillers look promising.think to give it a try

iSignature

"I specialize in reading manga but don't get how to draw manga at all" -Asaba Yuuki-
Apr 6, 2012 11:08 PM
Mar 2010
Fiji said:
I knew this is bound to happen.
I don't hate anime because of fillers, but I think they should have done the fillers before the Tenroujima arc. Didn't they mention in the manga that Fairy Tail is last place guild that is why they don't get enough jobs? So it will look more right if they have done the fillers before the Tenroujima arc. Just my opinion.

They likely didn't do fillers before the Tenroujima arc because they wanted to be sure they'd be able to adapt the arc without rushing through chapters, and without spilling into the spring season.
Apr 6, 2012 11:11 PM

Oct 2011
YEAHH, I loved the little NaLu moment at the end there. xD The concept of this episode is pretty basic, but not a bad filler. The timing for a filler arc was perfect here.... except for the fact that they are the last placed guild and are still getting jobs. xD

And I love the new ED.
Apr 6, 2012 11:18 PM
Nov 2009
Kefkiroth said:
YEAHH, I loved the little NaLu moment at the end there. xD The concept of this episode is pretty basic, but not a bad filler. The timing for a filler arc was perfect here.... except for the fact that they are the last placed guild and are still getting jobs. xD

And I love the new ED.

not like they never get jobs they just don't get alot of jobs.
Apr 6, 2012 11:32 PM

Jun 2008
Man they were hardcore teasing ships during the dance practice.
Apr 6, 2012 11:47 PM
Oct 2007
looks like its back to the manga for me
Apr 7, 2012 12:03 AM

Dec 2008
Oh look! A huge FT filler arc.

OP was average. ED was great.

The episode was cute. Not enough Prince Erza. And Velveno was ugly as all hell. Next episode's guys remind me of the Rubber Robo Gang from Medabots >.> Disturbing.

Erza got a new armor too! HeartKreuz upgrade!
Apr 7, 2012 12:37 AM
Aug 2011
Fiji said:
Does any body here know if Hiro Mashima created the storyboards for the filler? Thanks.

I'm not sure if Hiro-Sama helped, but I know he created the character and outline story of Kinana which he probably elaborated on and gave to the studio.

I'm positively sure that he does help though because we all know that Mashima-Sama is far from being lazy. How many extended chapters does he do every year, how much breaks does he take? He would at least have time to write a basic outline of the filler arc.

5/5
Apr 7, 2012 12:43 AM

Feb 2012
this episode was great!
i like the new op/ed great musics!
erza dancing queen demon?! genius!
damn that sour dwarf! against fairy tail and his daughter lying!
i'm still forgetting that fairy tail is about lucy heartfilia.

now im getting curious, lisanne or lucy heartfilia who takes natsu?

nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan Forever!
Apr 7, 2012 12:45 AM

Apr 2011
th3dudee said:
this episode was great!
i like the new op/ed great musics!
erza dancing queen demon?! genius!
damn that sour dwarf! against fairy tail and his daughter lying!
i'm still forgetting that fairy tail is about lucy heartfilia.

now im getting curious, lisanne or lucy heartfilia who takes natsu?

I would like to bet on Lucy..XD
Apr 7, 2012 12:53 AM

Jan 2008
So it looks like this one's going to be a lot about Lucy. I'm fine with that, even if it is filler. Today's was pretty entertaining overall. Something tells me that Warren's sweet on Wendy.

Next episode looks like something I can miss without any issues. Those guys looked annoying.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Apr 7, 2012 12:59 AM

Mar 2011
This filler episode was good and funny.I think those 3 guys are from Rave .
Apr 7, 2012 1:36 AM

Feb 2012
Fillers are set to begin on 125 so yeah.... I'm pretty happy with it since the manga should go ahead with more chapters than it's adaptation but can't wait for Crime Sociere to appear.

Good Filler ep. It was funny. So many epic moments right there especially on Gray, Natsu, Lucy and Erza. The only thing that bothers me a bit was that Velveno Guy. How was he able to get accepted by that Beautiful Lady Aceto. LOLOLOL. I never imagines it to be like that but nonetheless, It was good so 5/5.

P.S OP - Not as Good as OP 10 ; ED- Great. Just Great 'nuff said.
Apr 7, 2012 1:49 AM

Feb 2010
not bad for a filler.
Apr 7, 2012 3:12 AM

Feb 2011
Fairy Tail fillers are gonna be the best, I have faith in them.
This episode was quite amusing and the new Ending is so GOOD!!
Apr 7, 2012 3:19 AM

Aug 2009
Yeah FairyTail has many fillers but at least they aren't the "Flashback" type ones...

Love the new OP and ED and have you noticed the slight romance between Natsu and Lucy?

Or maybe Lucy expects too much much?
Apr 7, 2012 3:51 AM

Feb 2012
Lontaku said:
Yeah FairyTail has many fillers but at least they aren't the "Flashback" type ones...

Huh, Fairy Tail had almost none, now they start with fillers because they have to.

I enjoyed the filler, Erza is the boss. How Lucy asked for the reward at the end reminded me of Nami and that Lucy-Natsu-moment was great, too.
New OP sucks if you ask me, I liked the previous ED more but this one fits of course better to the filler arc.
Apr 7, 2012 3:52 AM

Aug 2011
This episode is a good example of why I love Fairy Tail so much: even the fillers are awesome XD

The new OP is nice but the ED is even better. This new filler arc is looking promising :3
Apr 7, 2012 5:03 AM

Feb 2012
I loved this episode :3 Gosh.. I was so hoping for a NaLu moment >.<
Apr 7, 2012 6:24 AM

Apr 2012
The episode was ok, the opening revealed some things that the fillers are about to be honest most of them don't seem that interesting except I'm interested to know what Kinana related story there will be.
Apr 7, 2012 6:55 AM
Aug 2010
The OP and ED are really good but i have a question about that... is this now a whole filler arc or did they just drop the tournament arc?

Please dont tear me apart if this is a dumb question or already been answered :S
Apr 7, 2012 7:00 AM

Sep 2009
SkyLeon said:
The OP and ED are really good but i have a question about that... is this now a whole filler arc or did they just drop the tournament arc?

Please dont tear me apart if this is a dumb question or already been answered :S
I think it'll be a whole story centric filler arc before the tournament arc. If they ran into the tournament arc now, we'll have a basketball fillers in middle of the Tournament.
Apr 7, 2012 7:04 AM
Aug 2010
Ah okay, I hope so too otherwise I wouldnt be really happy with that, if they drop this arc :D
I am really looking forward to the tournament!
And thanks for the fast answer Lahis!
Apr 7, 2012 7:14 AM
Apr 2011
NaLu at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Apr 7, 2012 7:39 AM

Sep 2007
Oh man...
This episode was so full of shippings. XD
Apr 7, 2012 7:50 AM

Sep 2010
I sense we will get some more Gray/Juvia/Lyon and Gray/Juvia goodness in this filler arc judging from the opening. <3

I like Edo!Hughes better. xD

As for the actual episode I wouldn't want to be Erza's partner cause I'm like Natsu I get motion sickness easy.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 7, 2012 7:55 AM

Mar 2012
haha loved this episode and ewww ugly afro guy with the hotty girl
Apr 7, 2012 8:01 AM

May 2011
So a filler arc's gonna start and looking at the ED it seems like its going to be lucy oriented one? I love the ED though. The new op isnt bad either, seems like its going to be an enjoyable filler ride :)

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 7, 2012 8:24 AM
Oct 2009
Looking back, the "Jiggle Butt Gang" in the next episode is actually taken straight from Rave Master. I mean, they have the same name (at least in Japanese and the official manga; in the RM dub, they were called the "Big Butt Bandits"), and even look the same. I wouldn't be surprised if at least two of them had the same voices from RM (one played Wally and Hoteye, and another played Brain).

Anyway, what I'm really looking forward to is what appears to be the main arc for the filler, and that appears to be the mystery girl Lucy is with in the ED and some big wrapped-up key. According to the official website, this arc will be called the "Hoshizora no Kagi (Starry Sky Key)" arc, and the girl is named Michelle, who is apparently a distant relative of Lucy's and comes along to give Lucy her late father's will (which explains his appearances in the OP and ED). I'll take it the key, which I'm assuming is this "Starry Sky Key", is involved.

I also look forward to the Earthland Edo!people. And maybe they'll shed more light on Kinana, though people very familiar with manga-related material (i.e., stuff that doesn't appear in scanlated pages), such as myself, already know her secret alluded to in the previous episode.
Apr 7, 2012 8:37 AM

Aug 2008
Here it is. The legendary Fairy Filller. The most powerful magic to make me lose interest in the show.
Apr 7, 2012 9:13 AM

Aug 2010
I loved this episode. Fairy tail fillers are awesome.

It looks like butt brothers from rave are going to make an appearance. I wish other characters from Rave would also make an appearance in the FT fillers.
Apr 7, 2012 9:23 AM

Dec 2011
ShiroiRyu said:

This episode was so full of shippings. XD

Exactly my thoughts. And I had no problem with this.

For the first half of the episode, a huge goofy smile was plastered on my face.

The new ED is <3
Apr 7, 2012 10:36 AM

Apr 2009
Decent filler episode, pretty funny throughout and the end with the criminal was an okay twist. The next episode looks kind of retarded but I guess we'll see.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - May 3, 2010

125 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Apr 26, 2010

111 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

185 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 8:59 AM

» Do you agree with the idea of ​​adding blood to Fairy Tail ? ( 1 2 )

Satan-sama - Aug 3, 2013

58 by ModsZone »»
Yesterday, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 165 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2013

138 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 8:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.