MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Aniplex of America Acquires Bakemonogatari
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Aniplex of America Acquires Bakemonogatari

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
04-06-12, 7:43 PM

finally someone actually got it...hoping for a dub

04-06-12, 7:59 PM

figured there wouldve been this kind of news from the booths they put up. will probably buy <3
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

04-06-12, 8:05 PM

10 bucks says it's going to be somewhere around $600 dollars.

04-06-12, 8:07 PM

I can't see how this will work out. If its given an english dub.

A lot of the humor in the show seems to be a play on japanese things mostly wordplay with the japanese language.

I can't see how they can attempt that in english and make it even remotely good.

04-06-12, 8:24 PM

lmao if it is dubbed, is it even possible to dub this without butchering it?

04-06-12, 8:58 PM

No dub, no buy.

04-06-12, 8:59 PM

Surugaholic said:

A lot of the humor in the show seems to be a play on japanese things mostly wordplay with the japanese language.

I can't see how they can attempt that in english and make it even remotely good.
Agreed.

Maybe they'll try and put english spins on it? Though that would be incredibly hard to do O.o

04-06-12, 8:59 PM

Anyone who wants this dubbed realize that on top of the hefty price tag that Shaft probably sold the license for it's gonna be even more money to dub it. (And WTF, with a seiyuu cast of Chiwa Saito, Hanazawa Kana, Sawashiro Miyuki, Horie Yui, Kato Emiri you'd have to be insane to listen to any other language track....but that's just my opinion lol)

Honestly I don't think this was worth being licensed, whether they dub it or not a lot of it is going to be lost in translation AND it's basically a super-artsy high horse show with fanservice that will only appeal to the niche fans that like, paused every frame of the airing version stills and watched it both on air and BD. Basically those are the only people who will buy it too (I'm sadly one of those people lol). I don't know about anyone else but I'll probably buy it no matter what the price tag but I'm the type of fan who is buying Madoka, and importing JP Special Edition BDs, the kind of fan who just kinda spends a lot of money on stuff. Most people will not bother. Subs are one thing (I don't know how they'll sub this either...) but they'd have to like, rewrite the script to dub this lol.

04-06-12, 9:01 PM

Surugaholic said:

That being said, I'm interested how the dub will turn out. If there is one.

04-06-12, 9:02 PM

Silly people that think this is going to be dubbed. That's just a bad idea all around.

04-06-12, 9:07 PM

While I am glad that it finally got licensed, I do find myself wondering just how a hypothetical English dub for this series would actually work and just how much Aniplex will charge for it. I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

04-06-12, 9:12 PM

Oh and for reference they are releasing Madoka too, dubbing it (ffffffffff me having to pay for their spending on that) and it's being sold at about $80 a pop for the LE BDs with 4 episodes each and of course I'm buying all the LEs... ($40 per 4-episode standard BD).

I PRAY that they don't even consider dubbing it, like I said only niche fans will buy this title anyway, they should save themselves (and me) some money and time...and awkwardness. Episode 1:

Hitagi: "I'm just being SUN DAY RAY" (English on English subtitles display random TL notes regarding Tsundere)
Koyomi: "More like...er crap, that doesn't rhyme in English. Sorry Nisio Isin."

Or better yet. Translators table:

TL1: Hey guys, I can't find any way to make sense of this joke in English.
TL2: It's okay dude, just make something up like they do in fandubs to go along with what they're doing.
TL1: Alrighty. Hitagi says, "this breeze is cold" Koyomi says, "not as 'cold' as you. AW YEAH I'M SO GOOD.

I apologize for trolling. lol.
Modified by HatenaZubon, 04-06-12, 9:21 PM

04-06-12, 9:12 PM

Soo Stoked!! I cant wait to see the cast

04-06-12, 10:06 PM

I don't think this release will be that great, if only because official licensing companies have shown time and time again they wont put the kind of effort into on-screen text translations and preserving cultural jokes that fansubbers do.

04-06-12, 10:11 PM

nx6 said:
I don't think this release will be that great, if only because official licensing companies have shown time and time again they wont put the kind of effort into on-screen text translations and preserving cultural jokes that fansubbers do.

The official release of Pani Poni Dash (also by Shaft) has all of the on-screen text translated (and there is a ton of it). I dunno if Aniplex makes the same effort with their releases as ADV/Funimation though.

04-06-12, 10:17 PM

About damn time.

Please be dubbed.

Oh please pleaseeee be dubbed.

Please have Cristina Vee, too.

As Hitagi, if at all possible.

04-06-12, 11:16 PM

choyos said:
I wonder if they are even going to bother with all the Typography on the very quick random frames O_o

probably not, all of it was too fast paced anyway, and the jokes reference might have to be changed

04-06-12, 11:19 PM

I've been waiting for this one for over a year now...
Really interested to see the cast, should they decide to dub it (fingers crossed).

04-06-12, 11:33 PM

I'm very excited hearing this. But please, Aniplex, don't exaggerate the price tag like with Type-Moon releases.

04-06-12, 11:41 PM

Wow can't wait to buy this at no more than $399.99. =/
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices