Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 21, 2019 2:39 PM

Nov 2017
Poor dog... He doesn't deserve to be abused in this way and even less to die like that.
Jan 17, 2020 10:23 PM
Nov 2019
I had no idea what was gonna happen, but as soon as I saw the kid kick the puppy I said, "Lucy fucking kill them before it gets any worse!" But it got much much worse. Still a 10/10
May 6, 2020 4:55 PM

Mar 2020
This episode felt like it was written by an edgy 15 year old
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
May 29, 2020 5:59 PM

Dec 2018
Yeah, this world need less people like Bandoh.

The fact that they bother to censor the dog's murder after the show have shown numerous decapitated human's limbs and heads, prove that the director of this episode care more about dog than human.

I'm feeling there's someone pulling the strings behind to set up this scene to Lucy.

Well, it seems that Diclonius was not artificially made by human.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 11, 2020 8:48 PM

Aug 2016
People defending those brats, lol. I don´t even like dogs, but those kids totally deserved it.
:v
Jul 16, 2020 4:33 PM

Sep 2016
Wow, those kids were so over the top evil they should become Jojo villains. Seriously, at this point this just a comedy.
Jul 18, 2020 7:46 AM

Jun 2019
extralie said:
Wow, those kids were so over the top evil they should become Jojo villains. Seriously, at this point this just a comedy.

You say that and yet, it isn't like children torturing and killing animals including pets and even other children isn't something which hasn't happened in real life many times. There are actually children and people from all walks of life who are that vicious and belligerently unstable and actual history and the case files of many gruesome crimes, including those committed by youth offenders, is testament to that, so I question anyone's logic when I see it commented upon as if it's something so unrealistic that could never happen. Just because you are not a certain way and you've been fortunate enough in your life and upbringing not to encounter anyone at least on the surface or in their interactions with you that was that way, it doesn't negate the fact that they very much exist. It can and does actually happen. There are a lot more bullies in the world and homicidal ones than people care to admit or recognize, perhaps. Maybe an overly optimistic or rose-colored view toward human nature.
WatchTillTandavaJul 18, 2020 7:52 AM
Jul 18, 2020 8:13 AM

Jun 2020
extralie said:

How dare you? You must not be smart enough to comprehend the actual reality of the world accurately portrayed in Elfen Lied. I would go far enough to say that Elfen Lied has the most well written characters in any anime ever. I firmly believe that it's one of the best anime to come out in the 2000s only behind the best anime of all time School Days. Anybody badmouthing this masterpiece will not tolerated. Bow before this work of art.

Tl;dr Elfen Lied 10/10
This anime shit is addictive
Jul 18, 2020 8:28 AM

Sep 2016
WatchTillTandava said:
extralie said:

You say that and yet, it isn't like children torturing and killing animals including pets and even other children isn't something which hasn't happened in real life many times. There are actually children and people from all walks of life who are that vicious and belligerently unstable and actual history and the case files of many gruesome crimes, including those committed by youth offenders, is testament to that, so I question anyone's logic when I see it commented upon as if it's something so unrealistic that could never happen. Just because you are not a certain way and you've been fortunate enough in your life and upbringing not to encounter anyone at least on the surface or in their interactions with you that was that way, it doesn't negate the fact that they very much exist. It can and does actually happen. There are a lot more bullies in the world and homicidal ones than people care to admit or recognize, perhaps. Maybe an overly optimistic or rose-colored view toward human nature.

Ok, I'm tired of this argument. Realistic does not equal good character. In real life there people who are bland and have no personality, doesn't change the fact that having a bland character in a story is bad.
Jul 18, 2020 9:22 AM

Jun 2019
extralie said:
Ok, I'm tired of this argument.

From one post?

extralie said:
Realistic does not equal good character. In real life there people who are bland and have no personality, doesn't change the fact that having a bland character in a story is bad.

That is true, but the reason I took issue with the phrasing in your previous post above is down to referring to the characters in question as "over the top evil" and there is basically no context in which anyone describes anyone or anything in a show as "over the top ____" without the implication that it's somehow unrealistic. It's a phrase meaning too extreme and comical or off-putting for not being realistic. And I don't think this particular criticism of the show holds any water when these types of grisly crimes have been committed in real life by minors throughout history so it's not as far-fetched at all as a lot of people seem to want to believe.

This episode and scene of the show is always criticized in the same way for the same reason and yet people act and describe it like it's something unfathomable that could never happen in real life even though it already has countless times.
Sep 20, 2020 4:28 PM
Aug 2020
what the fuck THE DOG!!! WHY DID THEY DO HIM LIKE THAT :O
Sep 27, 2020 1:17 AM

Jul 2020
This is the first time I got affected by the episode. Poor dog :(
Nov 28, 2020 3:37 AM
Aug 2018
I remember watching the dog scene and I legit had to take a breather after it, hate it when animals get tortured. That being said this series still stands out alot in the sense that when anyone says "Anime is just for kids" I remind myself of this show straight away. Great series that deserve maybe a reboot since things were different from the manga to the anime
Feb 2, 2021 7:08 PM

Jan 2020
Lucy you did the right thing by killing those bitches.
R.I.P precious puppy ><

That probably explains why she didn't kill Mayu's puppy earlier too though :o

3099Feb 2, 2021 7:38 PM
Mar 17, 2021 6:39 AM

Feb 2019
Okay, that was Lucy's childhood

Really tho, the writing is pretty hilarious 😂

Those kids are crazy for killing the dog like that
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Sep 19, 2021 5:49 PM

Mar 2021
sooooooo kohta met lucy as a child
Nov 29, 2021 1:00 PM

Aug 2017
Yall seen the girl who snitched smile a little? Evil.
Dec 21, 2021 5:25 AM

Jul 2021
I was so angry at the kids who were annoying Lucy.
I was also very sad in the scene where the dog dies
asdasdsadad
May 24, 2022 4:23 PM

Mar 2013
Poor dog, i think I'm going to take a break from it for a while...
I know your PTW list is bigger than your completed list.
Aug 20, 2022 11:25 PM

May 2015
I thought the dog scene was gonna get more graphic, I would have preferred something like what happened in Shoujo Tsubaki
Sep 6, 2022 4:01 PM
Feb 2021
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 26, 2023 1:24 PM

Jan 2023
Horrible. I think the worst part(besides the obvious dog murder) is that fact that her supposed "friend" smiled like that. True psycho
Jul 29, 2023 4:20 AM

Oct 2021
Very nice, thought that little girl was innocent and such but after that smile, I no longer can say that. They all deserved it. Way to go, Lucy.
AsudoxJul 29, 2023 4:30 AM
yes.
Nov 11, 2023 8:35 PM
Nov 2018
The first truly excellent episode so far for me. I knew enduring the floor piss, endless full frontal, and stereotypical shenanigans was worth it for those last few minutes. Here's hoping the momentum keeps up.
Nov 19, 2023 10:04 PM

Dec 2019
I've never been so happy to see children being brutally slaughtered. I wish they would have been made to suffer, though.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Dec 10, 2023 5:47 PM

Dec 2022
That scene made me cry. I'm absolutely lost for words.

Brilliant backstory though. I really feel for Lucy. And when I saw Kouta at the end, it's like a surge of relief knowing she's about to be with someone who's actually human.
Mar 10, 11:33 AM

Aug 2019
jesus fucking christ. as much as i hate dogs that hurt to watch
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sandgolem - Aug 26, 2007

139 by ssangy »»
Apr 3, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Chelle - Aug 21, 2007

199 by vikivill »»
Apr 1, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Nov 30, 2007

105 by GarlicDead »»
Mar 31, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

then - Dec 4, 2007

429 by DigitalCoin »»
Mar 11, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Dec 4, 2007

111 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 11, 11:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.