Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 14, 2012 6:07 PM

Jun 2009
wakka9ca said:

It like a "prequel" as it actually talk about the past of the characters and how they met, etc.

thank you xD
would it be too much if i asked for the other series name ? O.o
i was kinda confused when i searched it ...
i wasn't sure which is which, or which to watch first !
Apr 14, 2012 6:23 PM

Oct 2009
Hakuromatsu said:
I'm a Lupin III virgin and just watched the first episode -- and I didn't feel at a loss. I didn't even know Fujiko was a series mainstay until I read the synopsis afterward.

mp said:

Lupin was some kind of episodic but it would be good if you knew a little about the other characters aswell. But I think it should be fine.

Ok thanks for your answers :)
Apr 15, 2012 7:02 AM

Jun 2009
Really solid first episode. This is also a great example of nudity being used to show the essence of a character instead of feeling like just fan service.

This convince me to continue on with the original TV series. I need to find that manga.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 17, 2012 12:55 PM

Feb 2010
wow. DAT ANIMATION.

Stellar. Simply beautiful and the story is fun.

So stylistic... and right up my alley!
Apr 20, 2012 4:27 PM

Mar 2009
That was legit Lupin right there!

And, I think I could look at Fujicakes titties forever! @_@

5/5

Urahara Out!!
Apr 21, 2012 6:00 AM

Jun 2008
Rogueleader17 said:
Loved it, as someone who loved the original series I's say this is pretty awsome so far. As for those put off by the excessive nudity, I thought it was pretty vital in portraying the Fujiko as someone who will sink to any low to get what she wants. Not all nudity is meant for fanservice, this was obviously made for more of a mature audience. I can't wait to see what they do with the other charactors in the next episodes.

This is what makes Lupin fun to want to watch. It's geared towards the older fans and adults and thus reflects that in characters. The nudity is so well done that it didn't slip in the ecchi trap. We are seeing adults, not kiddies.
I have watched a couple of the original series and did enjoy it because of the humor. Also this OP is so much better. This is one of my top 5 animes of this season.

mp said:

Lupin was some kind of episodic but it would be good if you knew a little about the other characters aswell. But I think it should be fine.

You make it sound like a bad thing. If done well an excellent series can be episodic. One doesn't need to have multi-episodes to tell a good story. I've seen to many bad series that were multi-episodic.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Apr 23, 2012 5:06 AM

Mar 2009
My first Lupin series... I've been meaning to watch the originals for aaages but I've never gotten around to it. It was all right. I'm not really a fan of episodic anime, though. And I wasn't really a fan of the art either... oh well, I'll give it till ep 4.
Apr 27, 2012 8:29 PM

Jul 2010
Oh holy fucking god, this was good. As an artist and person, the style is one that falls in line with my taste. I thought Sankarea was the best anime this season before watching this. It was just one episode, but I'm so damn stoked right now.

Oh and how about that music!!!
MEsoJDApr 27, 2012 8:33 PM
May 13, 2012 9:18 AM

Mar 2012
I love Lupin. But then I don't like the animation style.. I haven't quite decide yet to continue watching it or not.
My anime collection - Anime Re-Encode
Jul 2, 2012 9:56 PM

Nov 2011
Not bad, not bad at all. This is my type of anime tbh considering Fujiko Mine is the typical femme fatale. Also, dem uncensored scenes.

I like.
Nov 30, 2012 1:40 PM

Apr 2012
The animation took some time getting used to, and I'm not particularly fond of the OP, but other than that this was pretty damn awesome!
Sep 19, 2013 9:02 AM
Oct 2011
I have to say this first episode was excellent. It had everything qualitywise in it. Great characters, great action, entertainment, great art, etc. It was a superb episode that I recommend to all action fans or stealth fans like the Metal Gear Solid series.

Jesus is everyone's best friend and savior
Oct 30, 2013 4:04 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Absolutely beautiful art design. The characters look gorgeous too, specially Fujiko. One can really feel that Watanabe had a hand producing this.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 3, 2015 9:21 PM

Jan 2012
Well that was quite the action packed first encounter between Lupin and Fujiko. Seriously, so much happened it felt like a full length film, and Jigen and Goemon haven't even shown up yet! :D The art style on display here was very pleasing to my eye too, good stuff.
Aug 22, 2015 12:07 PM

May 2009
And thus the rivalry began.
Dec 11, 2015 1:02 AM

Nov 2011
[size=800][b][u][i]DANK
Jul 7, 2016 10:41 PM

Jul 2009
Great start! Tbh i kinda didin't like the artstyle at first, but it grew on me.

Also watching this on BD, Fujiko Boobs!!! That Sawashiro voice :O

Interesting to see Watanabe being involve here somehow.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Dec 5, 2016 6:43 AM

Nov 2014
I loved everything about this, the animation the art style the music everything's just so stylish.
Dec 28, 2016 7:09 PM

Jan 2013
Great first episode, with nice style.
Mar 2, 2017 3:52 AM

Feb 2016
One of the best pilot episodes I've ever seen. It really set the pace for the show's direction and emphasis on fujiko.

I have a huge pet peeve for badly pasted fanservice, but this is not only tolerable for a stubborn ass like me but appreciated in strengthening the importance of sensuality in Fujiko's character and trade. I came out of the episode, convinced, if anything, that you cannot have an authentic Fujiko without her practiced perfectionist wiles. I never thought Spice and Wolf would be topped, but I'll be damned.

And yes, this is the first episode, but I already feel there is so much depth and complexity to lupin and fujiko, something the newer 2015 (different, not inferior) didn't hold a candle to.

Lupin became far more badass, you actually see how he reacts to being shot at, and the plans he comes up on the spot and beforehand in anticipation! I am relatively new to Lupin, but the last one I watched, Lupin kinda just comes out on top without showing the shit he had to go through.

Damn good episode and a refreshing escape from the whacky fun light hearted lupin in the newest reboot.
Cloud_IllusionsMar 2, 2017 3:56 AM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Jun 1, 2017 12:27 PM

Jun 2014
Fantastic episode. I swear the Lupin franchise is one of the most underrated things out there.
:3
Sep 14, 2017 7:44 AM

Jan 2014
Interesting show so far. I wonder how it'll be dragged out for two seasons, though? Love the art style.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 12, 2017 2:01 AM

Apr 2009
Ooooh, I LIKE it. It's a visual feast, and the characters seem interesting (I've never watched anything about Lupin), looking forward to the next episode!
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 21, 2017 2:24 AM

Dec 2012
Oppai and nipples in the first 15 seconds. Nice.
Dat ass.
Dat bend over bondage. Dat ass. Dat side oppai.
Squeeze dat nipple. Pull dat nipple.
Dat ass. Dat oppai.
Dat double body. Dem nipples.
Dem nipples pointing down.
Dat ass in the distance.
Dat kiss.
lol at Lupin checking out the oppai.
lol at Lupin swinging.
Got his head on the oppai.
This dude got a harem.
Pull her to your dick. Boss!
Her name is Mine Fujiko.
She grabbing her oppai. She's unzipping. Is Lupin going to prosper?
How daring. Dat body. Dat oppai. Dem nipples.
Dat oppai jiggle.
Headless Lupin. lol
Dat ass. Oh, he's spanking dat ass. Boss!
Open Sesame. lol
Damn. Lupin likes that freaky position?
lol at Fujiko using her top to get down there. With that said...Dat oppai. Dem nipples.
Lupin will steal Mine Fujiko.

Great episode. Dat OP. LMAO I wasn't expecting all of that so soon. Dat ED. Nice song. Younger Fujiko is so kawaii. Dem nipples.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 25, 2017 4:44 PM

Jul 2009
SomaHeir said:
Great start! Tbh i kinda didin't like the artstyle at first, but it grew on me.

Also watching this on BD, Fujiko Boobs!!! That Sawashiro voice :O

Interesting to see Watanabe being involve here somehow.

Can't wait for the next episode!

Damn, for some reason I forgot I was watching this and started watching again after a year or so.
Dec 27, 2017 4:52 AM

Jul 2016
Not the biggest fan of the animation/art style. But apart from that everything clicked for me.
Feb 18, 2018 3:25 PM

Jul 2016
Just finished the first season of Lupin III and I must say I loved the gang and decided to start watching this right away and I'm speechless at how amazing the first episode was. This just started and I'm already in love. It has the potential to be the greatest ecchi anime I watched to the date.
I really like Fujiko and I'm really curious about her past and how all this Lupin-Fujiko dynamic started. Bonus points for managing to be serious and at the same time include all the over-the-top actions present in Lupin III.

And it's not even necessary to mention how visually stunning and exquisite this anime is!
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Apr 21, 2018 10:24 PM

Oct 2015
Good shit. Man, Fujiko was so erotic this episode. Makes me question why they decided to tame her a bit on part 4 lol. and NIKIIE's voice from (K)NoW_NAME :D
Dec 18, 2018 8:00 PM
Oct 2017
Love the art style!
Jan 7, 2019 2:48 AM
Oct 2018
First impressions- shaping up to be the best anime I've seen in a long time- decent contender for a 10, and I'd be surprised if it gets as low as an 8.

Amazing art style, and dynamic animation- usually I'm pretty put off by pointless nudity (and tbh this series *could* dial it back a notch) but overall it's some of the better-done nudity I've seen in anime- in keeping with the shows mature,'sophisticated' but hedonistic vibe. And the art of the super-curvy, oppai t&a is just as strong, and intergrates well, with the rest of the art-nouveau/60s psychadelia-influenced visual style of the series. If you're going to go crazy with the tiddies in your series, this is how to do it- one of the few egs where a bunch of nudity, obviously done for titilation, doesn't come off as trashy, edgy or forced fan service.

To be honest, the only Lupin III I've seen before is Cagliostro, so I'm no purist- maybe seasoned Lupin fans would have criticism of how the characters are handled or something, but it seemed consistent to what little I know. And looking at the series in isolation, it had likable, interesting, multi-faceted characters, fitting for a series with that mature-yet-fun mood.

After watching a run of hyped series that i personally found pretty damn disappointing (cough-ElfinLiedBaccano-cough), coming accross this- something I'd heard nothing about, that ended up really impressing me -was just what I needed (as long as it doesn't take a bad turn for the worse or something. God I hoped that doesn't happen- but it seems pretty solid so far; actually I'm 3 eps in, but it still feels like "first impresssions")
Mar 29, 2019 8:56 AM

Oct 2012
I can see the resemblance with Redline
It feels like a different Lupin without the colorful background, character shading-thingy, also no silly action & jokes

I never liked Fujiko, but maybe there'll something interesting in this spinoff
Rayl1ghtMar 29, 2019 8:59 AM
"Signature removed"
Sep 3, 2019 9:47 AM

Sep 2011
Talk about intense! So this was how Lupin's and Fujiko's first meeting went down in this timeline, with both of them targeting the same thing. Well, she is one "mighty fine woman", who left one hell of a first impression on him. A woman who can kill his boredom, though that's kind of condescending of him to say. They got so much in the way of one another that the "treasure" went to waste, but it was one action-packed heist for sure.
Jan 7, 2020 8:32 AM

Nov 2016
Fujiko Mine + Miyuki Sawashiro = hottest combi.

Dig the erotic vibe and the artwork with comic-esque shading is great.

Definitely a pleasant surprise.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 12, 2020 8:33 AM
Jul 2018
Had no idea this show would be so psychedelic/trippy. The art style is amazing.
Jan 2, 2021 10:47 PM

Nov 2012
Very different from the usual Lupin formula, but I already knew this was going to be different ahead of time.

They sure upped Fujiko's seductiveness in this lol. The ED foreshadows she had a rather rough upbringing, which explains her personality differences in this version. Curious as to where Sayo Yamamoto will take this.
Apr 12, 2021 4:18 AM

Feb 2012
Starting to watch this after seeing the previous series, not the movies, and boy is it different. Based on this episode this is closer to the beginning of the first series, a darker incarnation with just a bit of humour. Which is great. Part II did have some great, funny moments, but the comedy in the franchise has been a bit hit and miss, so I prefer this tone compared to the disaster called Part III.

The art style is great, pretty psychedelic, and the plot was okay. A bit too much service for my taste. When Fujiko goes around almost naked, it's not seduction anymore, lacking subtlety. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the character here.

Jul 16, 2021 9:28 PM
Mar 2019
It was boner at first sight when Lupin first meet Fujiko.

first time watching this series. I had a lot of anticipation after watching the Takeshi Koike OVAs. This first episode is really solid. beautiful animation. Good plot.

Love Fujiko posing as a exotic dancer with the twin tails. She looks so cute/sexy.

Zengada looked bad ass showing up at the end with his trench coat blowing in the wind
Aug 19, 2022 9:20 PM

Apr 2016
That was such a lush episode and there is this macabre mood going on that got me intrigued for what might come next.
Sep 10, 2022 11:33 PM
May 2020
Sexy Begenningđź’‹
Nov 30, 2023 3:40 AM

Aug 2017
Well that looked amazing, given the staff involved. The artstyle reminded me of the original pilot with all the pencil brushlines and such.

Also, is it just me or that Oscar character near Zenigata is a callback to an eponymous character from Rose of Versailles? They even look similar somewhat.
Feb 5, 9:40 PM

Jan 2014
Whoa what an episode!

Stylized, sizzling and sexy! What more could you ask for?

But, seriously the animation style and direction are pretty great based on first impressions in my opinion.

Did really enjoy Lupin's and Fujiko's competition with each testing one another playing to their various strengths and tricks and although Fujiko ended up dissolving the treasure goal (LOL Lupin is just like well best not to let this drug supply go to waste everybody come on in the water is great XD plus it makes for a great way to evade the authorities) and their contest of skill seemingly ending in a tie Lupin's stealth message on Fujiko's inner thigh really surprised her that Lupin did score a one up on her she hadn't noticed living up to his legacy as the grandson of thee original gentleman thief.

"I will steal Fujiko Mine" - Lupin the III what a sendoff! Take it seriously Fujiko you will need to be on the best of your best game if you want to come out on top!

Thus, this is essentially a new retelling of how Fujiko and Lupin first met with her as the main driving character this lends itself to some interesting and exciting possibilities.

Plus seeing Lupin while still attracted and enticed by Fujiko being more upfront street wise with her tricks is a refreshing dynamic.

And of course Fujiko is drop dead beautiful and so sexy you can just feel that electric energy from her aura; a multitude of knockout outfits plus classy action packed nudity :D as I said before what more could you ask for?

I believe I will enjoy going through this era of the Lupin III franchise and I look forward to what this creative retelling has on the horizon!

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

octal9 - Apr 19, 2012

57 by TheCrimsonEye »»
Feb 8, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Apr 11, 2012

65 by TheCrimsonEye »»
Feb 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

m0xxxy - Jun 28, 2012

83 by removed-user »»
Jan 23, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

busterbeam - May 9, 2012

57 by St0rmblade »»
Dec 1, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna Episode 7 Discussion

dbaranyi - May 16, 2012

49 by zelfron12 »»
Jul 2, 2023 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.