Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2012 12:01 AM
Jun 2011
okthxbaii said:
iHeartTsugumi said:
IZUMI64 said:
the only one problem for me is his f*cking disgusting SEIYUU!

What's wrong with Yuki Kaji as seiyuu? LOL

Well, considering Guilty Crown is in your favorites, you are probably too blind to see why not only is a shitty and generic show and a COMPLETE rip off of Code Geass, but Shu has probably the most excruciating ear rape voice I've ever heard.
okthxbaii said:
iHeartTsugumi said:
IZUMI64 said:
the only one problem for me is his f*cking disgusting SEIYUU!
why do you think it like guilty crown the story and the conpest even not close to it?

What's wrong with Yuki Kaji as seiyuu? LOL

Well, considering Guilty Crown is in your favorites, you are probably too blind to see why not only is a shitty and generic show and a COMPLETE rip off of Code Geass, but Shu has probably the most excruciating ear rape voice I've ever heard.
Apr 5, 2012 4:25 AM
Jun 2008
well... his appearance is a bit stand out from the crowd .I don't mind calling him cute(but I hesitated). lol
MorningGloryApr 5, 2012 4:29 AM
Apr 5, 2012 4:33 AM

Jun 2008
Paul said:
No issue with him being fat here. My issue is how short he is (like 1/2 of everyone's size) and his character design. At least they could have made him LOOK similar to the other characters in the series.
Swifteh said:
It's not the fact that his fat(but yes i don't like the idea that he is fat and it's hard to self insert myself to a short fat MC)but it's the fact that his character design is cartoony and out of place from the other characters. His more like a parody of a fat person, rather than being an actual fat person.
This. I have no problem with fat characters. Daru in Steins;gate was fantastic, but at least make him somewhat similar to other character designs. When I saw the preview I just saw his entire being out of place.

And the thing is, he doesn't just look fat, he looks obese. I wonder what his BMI his considering how short he is. :/
Apr 5, 2012 1:03 PM

Aug 2009
Well I was thinking the same thing, but I have a problem, not because he's fat, but in comparison with other character designs, don't you think its rather rude to 'overweight' people?

Just because he's fat, he has a cartoony design... it's just worthless to do so and especially because he's the MC, it makes it even worse because he's on screen all the time.

It's like shoving in overweight peoples face like "Hah, you're fat you we design you people like this!". Its kinds stupid.

Furthermore, why is it so stereotypical that a coward who plays games ends up fat? Also, in episode two, did you see the guys portion of curry and rice? Thats just unfair... Fat people aren't only fat due to their food, its genes too and environmental factors; the're implying that fat people eat a lot.

MC designs mean everything, this guy is someone who you'd see in the background. Thinking of him, makes me think about the Dog Carer from 'Watch my chops' but circle.
Apr 5, 2012 4:55 PM

Jan 2009
moogo-ONEESAMAAA said:
helo mal

srry i cant typ very well im eatin chips as i type sory they r getin all ovr keybord umm

newai i luv this anime cause finaly i can relate 2 the main char. he is just lik me. fat n pethetic but supr awesum n skiled at gaems lol!!!!1 its bout time i c me in n a anime getin hot girls :)))

acel wolrd 20/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

@okthkbai they rnt generic!!!!!!!!! thy my waifus!!!!!!!!!

lol i read forum comments to see reactions like this

and as for the topic i got no problem with MC being fat
Apr 5, 2012 10:18 PM

Aug 2008
Digglett said:
I don't care that he's fat. I think he's a dick.

Except when he's a pig because I can't hate pigs.
lol
Apr 6, 2012 12:12 AM

Aug 2008
Honestly, when I saw the poster for the anime entry I thought he was a pet or something like Kuma from Persona 4.

Well, I tend to like cool looking characters, who ALSO deliver in some way. I wouldn't have much problems with the main lead character if he wasn't... so useless to boot. I hope he turns out... badass throughout the story though.
Actually, the only reason I'm even watching this anime is cuz it's based from the same novel as written by the same guy who did Sword Art Online. That's the main reason I'm sticking to it...
Apr 6, 2012 6:07 AM

Jun 2011
Paul said:
Ardamaeus said:
I don't even notice it at all, personally. Weak, male protagonist is weak. They all look the same to me after a while.

Considering how short he is, of course you wouldn't see him.

I roflamoed at that
Apr 6, 2012 6:27 AM

Apr 2011
Khajata said:
I think it has less to do with his weight and more to do with how he's drawn different than all the other characters.

yeah..agreed :)
Apr 7, 2012 2:15 AM

Mar 2011
As a formerly chubby person,

i'd say that's not a fat guy!

This is what a fat guy looks like:

This is NOT what a fat guy looks like:

And no 13 years old has a height of 3 Foot!! Atleast heighten him up 5 foot 1 or something.
Apr 7, 2012 2:32 AM

Jun 2009
Wow, from an author of SAO i expected protagonist to be kinda badass like Kirito but what the fuck is this? Okay, make him chubby and unatractive i'll bear it, but at least make him look more serious, drawn like other characters.

Like someone above posted, i also thought this was just some mascot charatcer like Kuma from P4.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 7, 2012 2:37 AM

Mar 2011
Actually the more i see it the more i think that the MC starts to resemble a balloon.

TO prove my point, here's a revamped poster i made:

See? No difference.
Apr 7, 2012 2:46 AM

Jun 2009
^ Win. That made my day.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 7, 2012 2:47 AM

Apr 2010
The problem isn't that the main character is fat.

It is that he is abnormally small and his character design looks alien compared to the other students.

EDIT: Thought the balloon picture above was hilarious lol :p
VandesdelcaApr 7, 2012 3:09 AM
Apr 7, 2012 2:53 AM
Jun 2008
...I bet you guys seen worst in your real life time.Haru is just a bit short and fat compare to average teenager =p
Its kinda rare to get a moe male MC.
MorningGloryApr 7, 2012 2:57 AM
Apr 7, 2012 4:07 AM

Oct 2011
Paul said:
No issue with him being fat here. My issue is how short he is (like 1/2 of everyone's size) and his character design. At least they could have made him LOOK similar to the other characters in the series.

I agree totally! They should have made him a little taller so that he is not just the odd one out.
Apr 7, 2012 4:38 AM

May 2010
I agree.All fat people are not THAT short plus he is designed in a cartoony way.I think that is just rude to anime.Atleast draw him in a anime way & I also thinks He should have been at least 5 feet.3 feet is too short.It just shows that u can watch this anime seriously

That balloon picture actually make sense.I mean if we place a balloon instead of the main character then we can see how unmemorable the main character is.
Apr 7, 2012 5:08 AM
Jun 2008
4 page of content that focus on his OUTER appearance and you said he is not a memorable character...
Apr 7, 2012 5:25 AM

Sep 2008
I've been waiting for a long time to finally see an anime where the main char is fat. Nice to see something outside the usual.

Still waiting for a severly-acne-affected main char to appear in an anime someday.
Apr 7, 2012 9:14 PM

Jan 2012
Honestly i first started watching this and i disliked his appearance, but honestly after watching the first episode for the first five minutes, i actually kinda like him =). I will definitely be keeping my eyes on this series.

Edit: It seems people are reading too much into his creation than they need to.
AhriApr 7, 2012 9:20 PM
Apr 7, 2012 11:19 PM

Apr 2008
I'm a chubby guy, and I hate chubby mc's, but I'll still give the anime a shot.
Apr 8, 2012 5:44 PM

Feb 2012
It just feels too forced. the MC is the only short fat kid on the show. I understand if they want to avoid some cliches ( Like a shut-in MC, unpopular guy, etc ), but damn.

I just can't take this series too seriously because of the MC's design. And now it looks like there's a love triangle. How much more ridiculous can it get.

I'd rather they have made the MC your typical cliche MC where the unpopular guy gets with the popular girl, then let the rest of the story carry the series ( In this case, the cool accel world )
Apr 8, 2012 6:30 PM

Apr 2008
Hate character design of main character, because the art style is completely different from every other character. (and probably because of personal real life preferences)

I would have preferred a generic character design because I'm boring like that.
Apr 8, 2012 7:52 PM

Sep 2007
I like how people say his design doesn't fit a normal person but yet they're totally okay with 17 year old girls who look like they're 5.
Apr 8, 2012 7:54 PM

Mar 2011
Swifteh said:
It's not the fact that his fat(but yes i don't like the idea that he is fat and it's hard to self insert myself to a short fat MC)but it's the fact that his character design is cartoony and out of place from the other characters. His more like a parody of a fat person, rather than being an actual fat person.
this, he looks like he's from a completely different anime
Apr 8, 2012 8:44 PM
Feb 2010
Wait... The main character is fat ?
Urg, I will never watch this shit.

*Has already saw episode 1, and really don't mind about his appearance*
Apr 8, 2012 10:02 PM

Dec 2006
Like what people said before...I can't stand the main character because of his seiyuu. I don't mind that he's fat, his personality, or the ordeals he faces. In a way, I felt sympathetic to his situation.

However, Kaji Yuki's voice grates my nerves like no tomorrow after I watched No.6. Whenever I hear that voice, I instantly think of whiny Shion who suddenly did a 180 in personality and beliefs in one of the worst (disappointing) anime I've seen in a while. It doesn't help when Kaji uses the same voice for other characters in recent series (Guilty Crown...couldn't get past ep 1 because of him voicing Shu, Towa no Quon movie 2: the instant I heard his voice I was like zomg.....NUUUU)

I want to forget that I watched No.6 but that same voice keeps popping up to remind me of it Dx.
Well, at least his voice is instantly recognizable to me...(didn't know he was seiyuu for the main in Accel World until I heard him speak =___= )
BlueHaroApr 8, 2012 10:34 PM
Apr 8, 2012 11:17 PM

Jul 2009
I'm another person who couldn't care less that he's fat, but I find the huge difference between his design and every other character very jarring.

Also, my first impression of his personality is pretty terrible, which makes me dislike him far more than his design does.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Apr 9, 2012 1:00 AM

Feb 2008
Personally, I don't think I would have even bothered to watch the first episode if he wasn't so different from the normal cookie cutter MC.

Though I do find it strange that two hot girls are crushing on him when he doesn't seem to have done anything positive with his life up to now. (Unless she really is just a friend and the other one is just using him of course). But that's as much a personality issue as a physical one.
Apr 9, 2012 2:40 AM
Apr 2012
Because those weeaboos themselves are fat that's why (^◇^)
「J>K>W」
事実。
Apr 9, 2012 3:42 AM

Oct 2011
The problem is not that he's short and fat, the problem is that he's drawn in a whole different style than all the other characters.

Apr 9, 2012 9:11 AM
Dec 2008
i think its a great idea to make him fat
otherwise, the character development later on wouldnt be as great
Apr 9, 2012 9:14 AM
Dec 2011
this is refreshing idea ,little bored with "goodlooking" mc in anime
Apr 9, 2012 12:27 PM

Aug 2011
I actually don't care that he's fat, because it's rare. But if they wanted him to be fat, at least draw him seriously! Because he just looks like some chibi pig in the middle of a bunch of people who actually look realistic. I don't care that he's fat, I just wish he was more realistically drawn...
Apr 9, 2012 4:23 PM

Jan 2012
uzee said:
The problem is not that he's short and fat, the problem is that he's drawn in a whole different style than all the other characters.

As if repeating the same thing everyone else does makes it any more relevant....Ok, we get it....You don't like his character design....But you guys can't come up with different reasons? Seriously.....By saying you all dislike the MC for this reason alone makes it seem like you're saying that you dislike him to be different, and not because you actually do.
Apr 9, 2012 4:40 PM

Jan 2010
Swifteh said:

Ragix said:
Actually I replied to a similar comment on youtube.

COPY PASTE!

I don't mind the fact that he's fat, or the fact that he's a midget as well. . .
However their is a huge difference in his design(art style?) from him to everyone and the whole environment in the series. It's as if he literally came from a whole different cutesy anime world and was put into another. Like if I took a character from One Piece and stuck him/her in Clannad.
The end.

okthxbaii said:
I have to one solid conclusion: everyone that sticks up for the main character being fat is probably and mostly likely fat.

Oh MAL.

Honestly, this show is equivalent to Guilty Shit, so I'm probably not going to watch it period, but just to piss everyone off, I'll say I am because the main character is fat.

Trololol.

My God, these people already have all the grounds covered. This is like watching fucking Doraemon in Code Geass as a substitute for Lelouch. I could care less about him being a sad narcissistic fatass, but at least make him proportionately sized to the other human fucking beings instead of making him a leprechaun.
Apr 9, 2012 5:18 PM

Jul 2011
I have a problem because I don't want to watch a fat protagonist the entire show. I will be especially pissed if it goes through the "accept that he's fat blah blah blah" stuff. Being overweight is not a good thing and should not be acceptable, unless of course due to circumstances. If he actually loses weight that would be nice but it won't happen I bet.

I'll be watching it regardless as it's a good and enjoyable show.
JoeLTApr 9, 2012 5:21 PM
Apr 9, 2012 6:04 PM

Nov 2010
i liked that they went with a short chubby main... but then they had to make him a "i'm not loved" kind of guy who has some great friends :s but it was to be expected.
Apr 9, 2012 6:11 PM

Nov 2009
I don't mind. I do agree with others though. He isn't drawn very seriously and in proportion with everyone else in the show.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Apr 9, 2012 6:24 PM

Jan 2012
Hey guys, let's all go to Facebitch, Moanspace, and 4Cry. My top favorite sites, and from what i'm seeing, it's the MAL community's favorite ones too. Let's not forget about Twhiner too. That's another good one.
Apr 9, 2012 10:49 PM

Sep 2011
I don't have a problem with him being fat, its just that his character is kind of on-offish.

as for his design, I welcome it, as I am a fan of cartoonish designs plus thats friggin simon's face, thats hint enough he'll better himself later on, which I hope he does.

While it makes sense that he'd go into a virtual world to escape reality, I liked his version of it better than say, keima from TWGOK... up until his friend showed up. I was under the impression he was alone but he has a few friends, one who makes him lunch even. to add on, he was sort of a dick to them and never apologized. I fortunaltly forgot about that when the cyberword building was being done, but thinking back, I would like some better development. also the fact that he seems abit too whiney. I mean, look, I know he has a inferiority complex, but crying over his high score being topped isn't reason to cry.

thats pretty much my only gripe with him, but the good outshines the bad long enough for me to enjoy the show's 2 episodes. I expect him to imporve in personality as time goes on, as that'll be a big factor in wheter he fails or successeds at being a underdog character.

Him being fat is hardly signifigant.
Apr 9, 2012 10:57 PM

Mar 2012
i have no problem with it... but in the anime if you want to do something at the end you accomplish it so the fat could easily be thin, no racism but i am thin :P
Apr 9, 2012 11:20 PM

Apr 2012
Nachotee said:
Because the design is ugly.
It has nothing to do with the guy being fat or not. The design Sucks.

i agree..
i do not have any problem with fat people..
just look at his face...
dat eyes..
damn
why dont give him some "fatshortchubbybuthascoolfaces"?
Apr 10, 2012 1:45 AM

Jan 2009
PREJUDICE!!!
Apr 14, 2012 2:29 AM
Nov 2008
JoshSalas said:
Because almost all protagonists in mainstream everything ever are idealistic?

No one likes an unattractive protagonist, and by no one I mean the majority of people.

This.

The main thing that bothers me isn't that he's fat but his height.. it is ridiculously exaggerated.
Apr 14, 2012 4:57 AM

Sep 2009
To say the truth I have no problem at all with this, most people in anime are always thin and only "a bit smaller", it's because every single character is like this and no one of the anime I ever saw had the characteristica of this character. He kinda has to be like this to show even more how weak he is in real live and how big his desire is to change something about himself and not stay like this, if he would be like shu in guilty crown (btw they have the same seiyuu > u < "" ) you couldn't see his wish of change like it was with shu, he didn't exactly want to change he just wanted to have a peaceful live and get the hell out of that terrorist stuff, he was too scared of that, but Haruyuki doesn't want to run away from the accelerator world. Therefore they couldn't use a typical character design and had to use that character design.

That's what I personally think ; 3 ; "
Apr 14, 2012 5:20 AM

Feb 2011
I wouldn't care about him being fat but, he doesn't fit at all. Like he is 3 times smaller than everyone else and is way to awkward.
Apr 14, 2012 5:21 AM

Mar 2012
Desktop said:
JoshSalas said:
Because almost all protagonists in mainstream everything ever are idealistic?

No one likes an unattractive protagonist, and by no one I mean the majority of people.

This.

The main thing that bothers me isn't that he's fat but his height.. it is ridiculously exaggerated.

Yes, I agree, it isn't the weight for me, it's his height.
Apr 14, 2012 5:40 AM

Aug 2009
It has to appeal to the majority.

Apr 14, 2012 11:34 AM
Dec 2007
I don't have any problem with him being fat, but I have a huge problem with him being dumb.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

453 by Orin23 »»
Feb 20, 4:14 AM

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.