MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Why do people have a problem with the protagonist being Fat?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Accel World »» Why do people have a problem with the protagonist being Fat?

Pages (39) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
06-02-12, 1:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 99
Paul said:
No issue with him being fat here. My issue is how short he is (like 1/2 of everyone's size) and his character design. At least they could have made him LOOK similar to the other characters in the series.

Well, I guess at least we can obviously differentiate between the actual main male character and the rest of the cast.

Strangely, this might just be me, but it seems people tend to be simply hating on any characters Kaji Yuki has been VA'ing since Shu.


It is the same in my case as well. The character design for him is awful, in my opinion.
 
06-02-12, 9:58 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 4275
Everyone,just stop fighting already!!Half people like how he is a original character while other half don't like it when it comes to his "unreal" fattiness,how he differs in his character design from other characters.You can't just change others opinions with fighting & saying this is better & this is not..
 
06-03-12, 3:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 8
wakka9ca said:
mal2012 said:
He just looks too goddamn weird, apart from being fat. How can he be so short?


So you are discriminating against short people too? lol.


Umm, no, I am not. I have no problems with short or fat people. He just does not fit in with the overall character design. I think that's the point that people are trying to make here.
 
06-03-12, 3:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 8695
mal2012 said:
wakka9ca said:
mal2012 said:
He just looks too goddamn weird, apart from being fat. How can he be so short?


So you are discriminating against short people too? lol.


Umm, no, I am not. I have no problems with short or fat people. He just does not fit in with the overall character design. I think that's the point that people are trying to make here.

And then you find out that people don't understand the simplest of things.

It's to make him look pathetic and miserable. If you see a fat, sad and short guy in real life what do you think? "Haha, pathetic". Am I right?

That's it. They wanted the protagonist to be more pathetic than any other characters in any other anime (AKA Shu from Guilty Crown is PATHETIC until after like 14 episodes, and other examples like Highschool DxD (the protagonist) etc). He's just a cliched character with some NEW additions to add to how pathetic he is.

Actually, from all examples you can get he's one of the most realistic. Most fat people are discriminated and bullied in real life, and like all people, give them a chance and they'll get better or they'll change. Most anime are extreme, think of Harems. Most of them are made for people to escape reality.

Think out of your little boxes, then you'll find the answers to many things.



Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
 
06-07-12, 8:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 4970
Well, people always want to force their own view and opinion on series. It's a natural tendency for anyone with an ego. That is why many have the mindset that this fat and short character has no place in this anime because their vision of the anime does not permit such oddity.

Oh well. What can one do?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
 
06-08-12, 4:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 8695
wakka9ca said:
Well, people always want to force their own view and opinion on series. It's a natural tendency for anyone with an ego. That is why many have the mindset that this fat and short character has no place in this anime because their vision of the anime does not permit such oddity.

Oh well. What can one do?

Hmmm, I don't understand how this works. So, anybody with an ego would force their point of view in it? But those who don't have such a big ego won't?

Well, I think that most things that happen have a deeper meaning. Literature or movies for example SURELY have a deeper meaning. There still are those thin paper story lines, they exist everywhere, but even those have something "hidden" out of plain sight.

Even character development, why lyrics in a song are like that, etc.



Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
 
06-08-12, 6:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 9
theres always 1 fat person on school. deal with it
 
06-18-12, 12:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 116
Lol I just don't like how he is 2x shorter than Kuroyukihime. Apart from that I'm actually fine with him :P
 
06-18-12, 12:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 78
It's an effective visual metaphor, as is the Silver Crow model and pig avatar.

And hey, nothing wrong with pervyness. : /
 
06-20-12, 8:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3342
he just doesn't fit with the rest of the characters at all. he's not just fat, he's very odd looking. rotund, bowling ball esque. I mean the size and proportions just don't work.

the main problem is we have 2-3 quite girls fawning over porky here. it doesn't make any sense realistically.
 
06-20-12, 3:15 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 300
I thought this thread was dead already. I made a thread for Scarlet Rain, and nobody's there. All people want to talk is Haru??
 
06-21-12, 11:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 8695
pika2000 said:
I thought this thread was dead already. I made a thread for Scarlet Rain, and nobody's there. All people want to talk is Haru??

Scarlet Rain won't be jelly of Haru anyways, so we can ignore her.



Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
 
06-21-12, 2:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 7958
Lol surprised the debate still going on, still this thread is priceless....the posts here really do me laugh xD
 
06-22-12, 8:30 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 300
Immahnoob said:

Scarlet Rain won't be jelly of Haru anyways, so we can ignore her.

Well, it makes me think the people are actually liking Haru despite what they are saying here. I mean why would one keep hanging around the forum of the show and keep talking about the character they supposedly "dislike"? ;-)
 
06-22-12, 11:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 8695
pika2000 said:
Immahnoob said:

Scarlet Rain won't be jelly of Haru anyways, so we can ignore her.

Well, it makes me think the people are actually liking Haru despite what they are saying here. I mean why would one keep hanging around the forum of the show and keep talking about the character they supposedly "dislike"? ;-)

So we dislike him too, I suppose?



Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
 
06-23-12, 8:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 4970
mystik said:

the main problem is we have 2-3 quite girls fawning over porky here. it doesn't make any sense realistically.


That's your typical harem setting. I don't see what's the problem here since I don't a complaint thread in the harem series. At least porky is visually different from your typical male harem lead. We should rejoice.

In Shaman King we all know of a character that doesn't fit with the overall design.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
 
06-23-12, 9:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 8695
wakka9ca said:
mystik said:

the main problem is we have 2-3 quite girls fawning over porky here. it doesn't make any sense realistically.


That's your typical harem setting. I don't see what's the problem here since I don't a complaint thread in the harem series. At least porky is visually different from your typical male harem lead. We should rejoice.

In Shaman King we all know of a character that doesn't fit with the overall design.

Another thing is that we're talking about Anime here, realism? Dafuq is that? Porky actually has a better personality than most male leads from other Harem anime lol.



Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
 
06-23-12, 9:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 630
Immahnoob said:
Scarlet Rain won't be jelly of Haru anyways, so we can ignore her.

Yeah, the past two episodes seem to have a different opinion. Niko ha fallen for Haru so hard.But I don't what your problem is. Haru is WORTH IT. He looks like a fat pig, but he's kind, determined and extremely loyal.
 
06-23-12, 9:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 8695
DmonHiro said:
Immahnoob said:
Scarlet Rain won't be jelly of Haru anyways, so we can ignore her.

Yeah, the past two episodes seem to have a different opinion. Niko ha fallen for Haru so hard.But I don't what your problem is. Haru is WORTH IT. He looks like a fat pig, but he's kind, determined and extremely loyal.

What I said, and what you said, are two different things. She won't ever be jealous of how much attention Haru gets, so what I said still stands.



Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
 
06-23-12, 4:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1506
How did this thread ended up talking about harems...
And no Haru doesn't have a harem.
-Chiyu's "care" is as close as a childhood friend, nothing more nothing less. She's still dating with Taku.
-Niko falls in love with Haru? LOL. It's obvious that all of her actions towards Haru is purely for her own entertainment.


Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
 
Top
Pages (39) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices