Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly DVD & CD Rankings for Mar 26 - Apr 1

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 3, 2012 1:17 PM

Aug 2008
iDOLM@STER at the top? Aw yeah.
Apr 3, 2012 2:08 PM

May 2011
Rinne needed more Yuri. Then the Otaku would have overlooked the the fact that the show was just a basic promotion for that one town Kamogawa.

Symphogears numbers are on par with a show that was a bit messy. However their Musical scores continue to sell really well. Yukine Chris's Character single is the 5th straight single to record a top ten showing for the series.

phoenixalia said:
How the hell did Symphogear sell so well? I couldn't make it mast 4 episodes and I'm quite patient with most anime.

As crappy is the plot was, Some of the characters stories were pretty nice. Both Tsubasa and Yukine had really nice side stories that made their characters rather sympathetic. Most people still found Hibiki rather annoying though and wished Kanade would resurrect and steal her body. If you gave up after 4 episodes your really wouldn't have gotten to see Yukine Chris's story. I think she should have been the real protagonist of the series.

phoenixalia said:

regarding that, can you please tell me the plot of High School DXD. I don't mind spoilers. From what I've heard it only has fan service. But some people are biased. And I usually steer clear from harem unless they have a real plot.

Issie, your typical horny asian bastard, was born with a special power, Red Dragon gear, given to him by god. There are 3 factions in a power struggle; Angels, Fallen Angels, and Demons. Issie was targeted by the fallen angels for elimination. But he was rescued by Rais Gremory, a gorgeous high ranking demon. Issie becomes Rais's "pawn", a ranking system based on chess pieces, and he fights to protect her and her other subordinates using his special powers.

On a different note. Damn, "Another" bit it big time. barely a 2K showing. Part of me thought the way the beginning of the series started and how the series ended felt like 2 different shows. I almost got the feeling that the studio saw pre-orders and decided to make it more into a slasher gorefest at the end in hopes of bolstering shock value sales.
CirrisApr 3, 2012 2:27 PM
Apr 3, 2012 2:08 PM

Aug 2009
RyanSaotome said:
phoenixalia said:
How the hell did Symphogear sell so well? I couldn't make it mast 4 episodes and I'm quite patient with most anime.

Nana Mizuki fans, basically. They'll buy anything where she sings.

They didn't buy Blood-C.
Apr 3, 2012 2:35 PM

Jul 2011
*1, 4,048 *,*20,485 Prince of Tennis: Eikokushiki Teikyuu Shiro Kessen! Deluxe Edition
*4, 1,406 *,*11,155 Gintama' vol.9 Limited Edition
18, *,603 *,**3,926 Natsume Yuujinchou Shi vol.2 Limited Edition
31, **2,407 *55,634 Mouretsu Pirates "Mugen no Ai"
Yeah! :D

20, *,539 *,**3,538 Brave 10 vol.1
Really...?

11, *,823 *,***,823 Senki Zesshou Symphogear vol.1 Limited Edition
*7, *10,068 *10,068 Senki Zesshou Symphogear Character Song vol.4
33, **2,174 *16,767 Senki Zesshou Symphogear Character Song vol.3
This is due to the fact that it has fanservice, singing, and girls. Though some of the music wasn't bad.
MirorinApr 3, 2012 2:41 PM
Apr 3, 2012 4:32 PM

Oct 2010
dtshyk said:
Here are the weekly DVD & CD rankings for March 26th - April 1st.

Single CD

26, **2,742 *44,787 Guilty Crown "The Everlasting Guilty Crown"

36, **1,887 *39,478 Guilty Crown & Black★Rock Shooter "Kokuhaku" "Bokura no Ashiato"

Source: Oricon Youtaiju

what GC song is still in the list!? AWESOME
Apr 3, 2012 5:04 PM

May 2011
jmal said:
Deardrops said:
That's enough reason for me to watch it.
What about Hanasaku Iroha, does it have anything of what these 3 shows have in terms of Yuri subtext?

Others could probably answer better, as I dropped it 9 or 10 eps in. It had some blatant yuri baiting (that novel delusion scene...) that was very nice for what it was, but also made pretty clear that everyone was very much hetero, as far as I watched anyway. I don't mind yuri baiting, and I don't mind hetero, but when shows try to yuri bait while also making clear it's just empty baiting and everyone is strictly hetero (and most importantly, not in hetero relationships I find engaging), I just end up feeling like I'm being used, and that feeling sours me on a show more quickly than anything else.

It had gorgeous visuals and is understandably liked by a lot of people, but I found myself completely unable to enjoy watching it and had to move on to other things, because it wasn't going to be the sort of show I'd initially hoped for. If I'm trying to be objective/balanced, I have to say it's at least worth a try, as you might feel differently - if the way the relationships are handled doesn't bother you then you might actually find quite a lot to like in it. But it's a show I'd rather forget.

Rinne has major Yuri overtones in it. There's the naked skinny dipping scene, the snuggling in bed scene, the sexual harassment of Lan, and also the hand holdings. Seriously, I was hoping they'd just start making out like "Shoujo Sect" style. However the producer flat out said there would be no romance in the series up front. I actually think that decision hurt the series. It's one thing to not have Romance, a common element in a drama series, in the show. It's another to flat out tell the audience "forget it, don't hope for anything. there won't be anything."
Apr 4, 2012 1:43 PM

Aug 2011
phoenixalia said:
So regarding Brave 10....would you say the sales are good for a first DVD/Bluray release?
I'd say it's amazing, considering how bad it was.
Apr 5, 2012 12:07 AM
Mar 2010
DraconisMarch said:
phoenixalia said:
So regarding Brave 10....would you say the sales are good for a first DVD/Bluray release?
I'd say it's amazing, considering how bad it was.

I guess the seiyuus did the trick eh?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 6, 2012 12:26 AM

Apr 2010
Does anyone have the Thursday numbers?

Apr 6, 2012 5:01 AM
Mar 2010
RyanSaotome said:

I'd like to know too.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 6, 2012 5:43 AM

Dec 2009
RyanSaotome said:

( ´∀`)つ
*1, 13,829 Inu x Boku SS

*2, 10,345 Natsume Yuujinchou Shi

*3, 10,057 Highschool DxD

*4, *7,354 Ano Natsu de Matteru

*5, *4,973 Brave 10

*6, *4,588 Mouretsu Pirates

*7, *4,454 Senki Zesshou Symphogear

*8, *4,012 Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!

*9, *3,089 Rinne no Lagrange

10, *2,353 Tantei Opera Milky Holmes Dai 2 Maku

11, *2,192 Another

12, *1,525 Zero no Tsukaima F (vol.2)

13, **,686 Kill Me Baby
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
3 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
5 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
6 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.