Sadly to say, it has to be those epic death scenes where a main or supporting character dies. To make those emotions come out, real movies rarely can do that from what i've seen, but i'll run into anime that just blows me away at the moment. I'd name specific scenes but it would spoil the anime. lol.
- the already mentioned scene in After Story ep 18
- the above mentioned scene in EoE
- Unit 01 smashing Unit 03 to bits in both the original Eva and Rebuild 2 (rebuild gets bonus points for Kyou no Hi wa Sayonara playing in the background)
- Zero Requiem
- King Kittan Giga Drill Breaker and Chouginga Gurren Lagann transformation
- the ending scene in Air
in Monster is imo the most powerful scene in the series
in Aria Origination. One of the most beautiful scenes in anime history
- the final scene in Princess Mononoke, after the forest god's collapse when the sun rises and all the plants begin to grow
Kyon's speech in the Disappearance of Hatuhi Suzumiya
"You and I are connected by the black string of fate!"
"Thank You! Fuck You! The villain has arrived!"
"I have a gun in my heart!"
The sunrise scene in Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai
Here are the two that I think of when I think of favorite scenes.
The first one is from GTO episode 1
When he goes to Mizuki's house and breaks down the wall that separates her parents rooms. I just love this scene and it instantly etched Onizuka as one of my favorite characters of all time.
FMP 2nd raid episode 13
At the very end of the episode when Sousuke is talking to Tessa and she calls him a friend. He then calls her by her first name and says she is important to her. I absolutely love her reaction after he leaves. I will never forget her going. TESSA! If you watched it dubbed you almost have to watch that scene subbed because it is 100x more adorable.