MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Ratings of this show on MAL
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Mobile Suit Gundam AGE »» Ratings of this show on MAL

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
04-12-12, 12:11 AM

Not into toddlers piloting mecha.

04-12-12, 5:03 AM

Rainbow-Dash said:

I would have taken you seriously if you were not a brony. Which is funny your complaining about this shows art and calling the character toddlers in your review and yet you are watching something that is WAY kiddier to AGE in comparison like MLP. LOL FAIL.

Go back to your toddler/kiddie shit known as MLP.
Modified by Roloko, 04-12-12, 8:21 AM
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"

04-12-12, 7:30 PM

Roloko said:
Rainbow-Dash said:

I would have taken you seriously if you were not a brony. Which is funny your complaining about this shows art and calling the character toddlers in your review and yet you are watching something that is WAY kiddier to AGE in comparison like MLP. LOL FAIL.

This.

my PSN theoutlawjak

04-14-12, 3:45 PM

punkster90 said:
Roloko said:
Rainbow-Dash said:

This.

I still would have called him out regardless, but his post in one big huge contradiction

Hates the kiddy/toddler designs of AGE yet watches something that has kiddy/childish designs with ponies and rainbows and desu~ shit and loves it.

Hates that AGE geared toward an younger audience yet watches something for little girls.

Says AGE is My little Shouta is magic and its shit yet he watches a show about ponies and rainbows and I state again loves it.

I have no problem with regular fans of MLP its just these adult men thinking they are cool shit watching an show about ponies that is geared toward little girls.

This guy is obviously an idiot who hasn't thought out his post or review.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"

04-25-12, 9:18 AM

The funniest thing is that Asemu is the oldest Gundam protagonist after Domon.

Since this show's supposed to show three generations, it's kinda difficult to rate it by only watching the first one. It's like rating the whole Gundam trilogy by only watching Gundam 79.

Guess that the main problem is that it's just another generic Gundam, which is the main reason why I'm really interested in it. I'm currently watching 00 and I just can't compare it to AGE. 00 has a more realistic story and they are focusing on lots of minor details, but it ain't done that well. And the characters are plain horrible. I'll always prefer Flit/Asemu over Setsuna. The MS designs are also better in AGE than 00. 00 may try to have a "realistic" feel on the designs, but in the end, most MS looked like heap of metal with arms and legs. As for the character design, that's just taste. I still prefer AGE over 00, as I'm not into homosexual looking guys (well, Lockon seems like the only non-homo guy in the whole show) or captains who cannot cover their breasts. Millais > Sumeragi. The only thing that's better in 00 are probably the action scenes, as it's just an action flick with robots. Doesn't really give that Gundam feel.

Summary: Gundam needs to stay generic. Inexperienced boy meets Gundam. Having professionals pilot them just ain't funny. Just imagine Flit piloting AGE-2. He could single handedly destroy the whole Vagan fleet with the Double Bullet upgrade. But that wouldn't be fun, so we get the inexperienced Asemu to pilot it and struggle and get his superiors killed. That's why I'll always preffer generic Gundam (all of them) to Wing/00 where everyone has a Gundam that's practically indestructible if it's not for the plot. That reminded me of that one time in Wing, when a Gundam pilot piloted a MP Mobile Suit and it got indestructible as well lol.
"To bash the SoL genre just shows the person's lack of cultural sensitivity and little else" symbv
"i dislike most modern SOL cause of this. its not a genre thing is a Buissness thing" DateYutaka

04-25-12, 10:15 AM

darthfanta said:
IZUMI64 said:
this anime is a big sh*t. I even didn't bother to put this on my list. just drop it after quick-watched some eps.
The reason why you didn't see how good this show turned out to be after episode 15.

News flash: If I have to wait 15 WHOLE EPISODES for the thing to "get good" then it's a BAD SHOW.

05-15-12, 3:43 AM

I don't know how the Gunpla sales are for the show, but based on just the media sales, this show is shaping up to be a huge financial failure. The budget is around 2.5x higher than the average show, but the per-volume sales for BD+DVD are sitting down around 2k. (In comparison, 00 did about 25-30k per volume. Seed did 70k.) And even the average show needs around 4k to break even...

05-15-12, 10:18 AM

aereus said:
I don't know how the Gunpla sales are for the show, but based on just the media sales, this show is shaping up to be a huge financial failure. The budget is around 2.5x higher than the average show, but the per-volume sales for BD+DVD are sitting down around 2k. (In comparison, 00 did about 25-30k per volume. Seed did 70k.) And even the average show needs around 4k to break even...

Yup, big financial failures. Since the show is no longer salvageable (60% done and I keep getting disappointed whenever I thought it would become good), they are going 100% for the toy lines and merchandise. In other words, they have to rely on the merchandise and toy revenues to break even (also Unicorn helps).

I mean, the kids love giant lizard/dragon vs. transformable robots... right?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

05-16-12, 1:18 AM

Roloko said:
Rainbow-Dash said:

lol good one

and i agree this show is not bad at all, the hate for this show are all prejudice and most people have a mindset of first impressions last, while in fact pass few first episodes and this shows keeps getting better and better

05-16-12, 10:25 AM

j0x said:

and i agree this show is not bad at all, the hate for this show are all prejudice and most people have a mindset of first impressions last, while in fact pass few first episodes and this shows keeps getting better and better

For me it's more like ups and downs, not better and better.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

05-21-12, 3:19 PM

I took a chance and made a review, rating 6 out of 10.

The funniest thing is that Asemu is the oldest Gundam protagonist after Domon.

Shiro, Domon, and Kou should be older I think. But Asem would definitely be one of the oldest. A lot of them are 15 or 16.
Modified by shakeyourpup45, 05-21-12, 3:30 PM

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices