Forum Settings
Forums

[Closed] MAL CHAT MODERATOR/ADMIN RECRUITMENT DRIVE AND RULES DISCUSSION

New
Apr 1, 2012 10:21 PM
Jan 2010
Hey Everyone!
We're having a club admin and chatroom moderator recruitment drive. To be a club admin you need to know how to use BBCode, have a Pastebin account (to save the coding in), and have been active in the club for at least 6 months.

For chatroom moderators we're looking for someone 18+, willing to enforce the rules[Chatango+Club Rules], and have been active for at least 6 months.

For both groups, you must be willing to commit to a short monthly meeting via chat.

The current club Admin team is:
imperlast (Admin)
mandralyne (Admin)
NirvashTypeM0E (Admin)
Supergrunt8 (Admin)
therny (Admin)
thunder10k (Creator)

The current chatroom moderator team is:
Cluel3ss
imperlast
Mandralyne (holds all room settings)

Comment in the thread to nominate someone or yourself for a mod position if you're eligible.
mandralyneJul 3, 2012 5:07 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 1, 2012 10:36 PM
Jan 2010
Rules Discussion
The chat has been running more or less rule-less and fairly well self-moderated, but as the group grows the need to keep up a safe environment for everyone grows.
Base chatroom rules will be from the Chatango TOS, which can be found at
http://malchat3.chatango.com/page?full_terms and must be followed by everyone who uses the room.
This rule in particular.

Other proposed rules would be to keep the room and club a homophobia and transphobia free place.

Feel free to add suggestions in the thread.
mandralyneApr 2, 2012 3:00 PM
Apr 1, 2012 11:49 PM

Aug 2010
I could be a chatroom mod. I'm on a lot and while I don't always chat all the time I normally at least keep an eye on what's going on so it would be easy to mod stuff and whatnot.

Two questions: How strict will you be with the chatroom rules? What kind of penalties will be faced for offenders? Also just a note if there are any rules in particular you wanted to emphasize it would be best to note them in here and not just mention the Chatango TOS. It'll help make those rules stand out so people notice them.
Apr 2, 2012 12:01 AM

Dec 2010
If you need more club admins I can help out, I'm already a chat mod so might as well help in the club as well.

As Jake said:
jakeisquite said:
Also just a note if there are any rules in particular you wanted to emphasize it would be best to note them in here and not just mention the Chatango TOS. It'll help make those rules stand out so people notice them.

Are there any (club) specific rules in mind currently? and if so they should be stated here so that everyone can know what they are, and the admins can know what to look out for.
Apr 2, 2012 2:58 PM
Jan 2010
jakeisquite said:

Two questions: How strict will you be with the chatroom rules? What kind of penalties will be faced for offenders? Also just a note if there are any rules in particular you wanted to emphasize it would be best to note them in here and not just mention the Chatango TOS. It'll help make those rules stand out so people notice them.

I will edit the OP to include the Chatango rules I want to to highlight. As for strictness; it would depend on the rule. Some would only be worth warnings, but for more serious ones I was thinking two warnings and then a 24-48 hour ban, if 2 bans for the same infringement happen in a month it would be a permanent ban.

clue said:
Are there any (club) specific rules in mind currently? and if so they should be stated here so that everyone can know what they are, and the admins can know what to look out for.

Nothing specific for the club yet. Is there anything you can think of?
Apr 2, 2012 4:52 PM

Feb 2010
Despite my fairly libertarian approach to restrictions, I'll still help out however I can with stuff. I can't think off the top of my head of any rules I'd like to add, but I'll try to make sure any rules added are fair to everyone =)
Apr 2, 2012 6:21 PM

Oct 2010
Im down with rules.

Well I agree with implementing a penalty system. Seeing as the internet is inhabited by countless trolls, we must defend our precious chat room by any means necessary.

But I also believe in second chances, just because someone screws up once doesn't mean he/she should be permabanned right away. So we must take into account the gravity of the offense, and deal with it accordingly. So yeah... use your common sense.

What else could we cover?
Apr 2, 2012 9:41 PM

Jun 2009
we should have are own rules aswell as the chango ones for chat that are more specifi and clear

also incduing the baned words of stupidness
Apr 15, 2012 9:16 AM
Jan 2010
Another pending rule which I think will be beneficial to members of the club.

No posting images that can be detrimental to people's health. ie/ gifs that could induce seizures or headaches.
Apr 24, 2012 10:08 AM

Apr 2008
I want to/am willing to be chat mod.
Even though it may look like I'm not present, I most of the time have one eye on the chat, even when I'm gaming xD
And I'm a forum mod, so I know how to enforce rules.

Jun 13, 2012 11:37 AM

Jun 2009
english in an engligh chatroom
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » TIMES zones / chat time

imperlast - Oct 3, 2010

28 by AniEncyclopedia »»
Sep 17, 2020 3:09 PM

» MAL CHAT Simulwatch Thread V2

imperlast - Sep 13, 2018

1 by JaneSmith28 »»
Nov 14, 2018 1:01 AM

» what anime do you think deserves a sequal

imperlast - Sep 6, 2015

24 by imperlast »»
Sep 13, 2018 12:22 PM

» List what anime and manga you own

imperlast - Jul 11, 2012

12 by JVskunkape »»
Sep 9, 2018 12:41 PM

Poll: » Poll: How many episode a day do you watch on average?

imperlast - Jun 27, 2010

40 by imperlast »»
Sep 6, 2018 11:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.