Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2012 1:54 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Luke taking of his jacket. One of them would fall for this ball like puzzle. And Luke makes it easy to solve by destroying many of them already.

POG guys including the head, the guy, Gammon, and Anna caught up.

He desperately wants to save Luke while solving puzzle because he smiled during the time together.

It's the same as the little thing that he has keep safe? Then he's thinking how to solve. He wants his friends to solve, too. Everyone understood what he wants, except the girl. It's up to Q-chan to make the explosion.

Kaito fell before reaching Luke and put that small thing in between the big thing. While exploding, Luke dropped that scroll, and the two are safe.

The little thing only has half now. Luke is crying in happiness, and bracelet is now broken.

Anna drew the young two friends there before meeting others?

Luke going oversea and plans to rebuild POG. Life back to usual, with everyone together.

Cannot wait for 2nd season next week! There's preview to ep.1 season 2.. vs. Gammon and new enemy appearing! (lol @ HiroC's naration!)

Mottox2 Puzzle explaining the planet puzzle. Astronaut training = white puzzle?
tsubasaloverApr 1, 2012 1:57 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 2, 2012 3:05 AM

Sep 2009
nice episode, the whole time screaming "kamiyaaaaaaaaaaan" after the episode |D""
good thing they made nano-san sing the opening for second season = u = I hope there is also a preview with nano-san's now or never * u *
Apr 2, 2012 4:08 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
When rook pushed his hair back, he looked so damn hawt and badass and then he spoke with that very gentle, childlike voice of his and it was the first time I thought it was so disconcerting xD I like his voice ofc, just it didn't match at this episode much xD

Well ok ending at least xD Rook got over his damn obsession abt Kaito xD

"And then, I will become an eternity inside of you!" *closes eyes and orgasms*
^Totally how it felt like to me xD
Apr 2, 2012 5:48 AM

Nov 2007
I just love the bromance between Kaito and Rook.
Already excited for the second season, that new character looks great to me.
And the new girl... I wonder what's her role? Jikukawa's girlfriend that suddenly is important? Hmm.
Apr 2, 2012 6:56 AM

Sep 2011
Hmm.. the ending was pretty nice, and the puzzle was just.. too simple. .D
So yeah, guess I'll watch the second season. It seems to be already pretty good..
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Apr 2, 2012 8:31 AM

Oct 2010
This series gets a 6/10 for me i will watch season 2

I see Rook and Ana are both faggots.

The score would had gone up if Nonoha wasnt so damn annoying in almost all episodes. I really hope they tone her down season 2 or they kidnap her so she doesnt show up for like most the season. LOL
Apr 2, 2012 8:43 AM

Sep 2007
Hehehe ... A good episode to finish this season. :)
Apr 2, 2012 8:52 AM
Apr 2011
Wrapped up nicely.
Second season starting right after.
Apr 2, 2012 9:56 AM

Feb 2012
The story seems pretty complete without a second season but oh well, just means there is going to be more phi brain :3 I wonder how they are going to top this in the second season.
Apr 2, 2012 11:31 AM
Jan 2011
Season 1 is now over, so who will be the new characters in the upcoming season 2?
Apr 2, 2012 12:04 PM

Feb 2012
I liked the ending but I wish Rook could've kept the final puzzle the way it was. Things would have been more interesting that way.

I'm also seriously pumped for the next season!
Apr 2, 2012 1:03 PM

May 2009
Disappointing midseries finale (de facto) I hoped for some more Nonoha x Kaito, but we got typical homolust.
6/10
Apr 2, 2012 1:33 PM

Dec 2009
bastek66 said:
Disappointing midseries finale (de facto) I hoped for some more Nonoha x Kaito, but we got typical homolust.
6/10

Yeah, me too...But I have feeling that might be made up for in next season....I just hope I'm not wrong xD

Ending was ok I guess....Fitting good bye for them and fitting opening for new season :) It wasn't as dynamic as last few episodes through..It was pretty tame compared to them, or that's just me xD O__o?
Apr 2, 2012 4:03 PM

Jan 2011
Fairly solid season and worth a 7 in my mind. I'll watch next cour but I hope we get to see a little more development Kaito x Nonoha and Gammon x Elena.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 2, 2012 6:04 PM

Dec 2011
That was pretty smart of Kaito to jam that mini Kumiki puzzle into the sun to save Rook and himself. I hope we see more Rook or a lil of him in the 2nd season.
Apr 2, 2012 7:21 PM

Jun 2010
That was a pretty good ending. I think everyone knew he was going to save him, but I didn't know how. Pretty unexpected. I wonder what the next season is going to hold.

Apr 2, 2012 10:08 PM

Apr 2011
This show was gayer than Naruto and No.6 put together. Still pretty entertaining though. I lost a ton of braincells watching it, though.

5/10, might watch season 2 eventually.
Apr 2, 2012 10:17 PM

Jun 2008
I liked the ending a lot, I kinda wish there wouldn't be another season... it just ended so nicely. Oh well. One thing I'm happy about is that Rook is back to being himself and next season will have new villains. I was afraid they'd make evil Rook disappear and then be a villain again, dragging it out for 25 more episodes... I'd rather see him and Kaito fight against others.
Apr 2, 2012 10:26 PM

Jan 2011
Anna, Y U NO A GIRL

but seriously, Rook is crazy on a whole different level, but then again he's not that crazy, having to compete with Yuno
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Apr 3, 2012 5:27 AM

Mar 2011
Gave it a 4. Not terrible, but very flawed. I wrote my thoughts down in a review I wrote, though in that I upped the rating to 6 because I rate harsher than most.

That puzzle wasn't even a puzzle, you just had to step onto the nearer planets as they passed. I don't know many people who wold get caught out by that, the only way it would happen is because they'd be unable to jump the distance.

I'll watch the second season, definitely, because I do enjoy the series.
Apr 3, 2012 6:13 AM

Feb 2011
Bad ending, to a bad show. I'm glad, it's finally over.....oh wait.

2/10
Apr 3, 2012 5:07 PM

Jun 2011
Eh, as much as I enjoyed the rest of the show, I'm not a fan of this ending...found it kinda lackluster. When I finished, I was like "wait, it's over already? That didn't feel like 24 minutes..."

Rook's transition back to being a good guy seemed somewhat...inexplicable. He was so unreasonable before, it seemed like it would take a miracle to convert him.
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
Apr 4, 2012 9:11 AM

Apr 2010
Great episode and a great series. Loved it since episode 1. It feels like it would be better to stop right now for good, like the last few moments felt like everything was resolved and the series could end. I don't know what they are going to do for season 2, but I can't wait! 5/5, and 7/10 for this season.
Apr 5, 2012 4:41 AM

Oct 2011
Good anime to watch, but only for people that really like puzzules.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2012 9:06 AM

Nov 2007
Ending was pretty stupid. What happened to the dangerous puzzle and the vision of the world ending? divine secrets or whatever? it doesn't matter because the main bad guy is gay for Kaito.
Apr 19, 2012 6:17 AM

Feb 2012
... So it seems like a lot dislikes it, but I'll love Phi Brain 5ever!

To be honest, I am not the biggest fan of Nonoha, but I don't really mind her. The last three episodes would be my favorite in the whole season. I couldn't think of anything better than that ending. It's so fantabulous maxx. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I'm happy that Ana's like, a super super character that could actually predict stuff lol, and I sooo love on how Gammon and Kaito started to argue like nothing happened on their side. Wao. And Rook! Omg I'm gonna miss you!

I find it quite saddening that like, the only major Rook appearance really had was the last parts and then they're not gonna feature him that much on the next season. SIGH.

But really, I'm wondering... Uh, Kaito lacked the reaction I'm waiting for? I mean, JIN MAKATA WAS THERE HELLO CAN'T YOU SEE HIM I GUESS NOT.

Well, about the last puzzle not being really a puzzle... it could be hard if Rook didn't snapped his fingers like a boss and made the rest of the circle stuff disappear. XD.

New villains again, huh. Phi Brain never lost it's antagonists. XD.

Giving this a 9/10 yay! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Apr 22, 2012 12:15 PM
May 2007
Rook should keep his hair pushed back more often ♥ No more Rook's Kaito obsession? Couldn't understand from where that obsession all started, but I'd be thrilled to see more of Rook with Kaito again. And there was Makata Jin, I hoped he'd speak up a little or at least Kaito would talk to him. Hopes were wasted.
Apr 26, 2012 2:31 PM
Nov 2008
OK STOP STOP STOP...and what the fk.....I don't get 2 things here....in the end..what was Rook's motivation for going all bad and now suddenly turning all good....? And second...Gyamon is now the good guy again without any explanation as to why he betrayed them...........and everything is peachy fine?.....If the reasons are that Rook was lonely without Kaito and that Gyamon just wanted to become a mole inside POG to help Kaito.....then this sux...completely ridiculous without any ground.How come I'm still watching this even though there are so many flaws.....? @_@ The biggest puzzle to me is why am i still watching this despite all the ridiculous random cliche stuff...?
Jan 17, 2013 6:57 PM

Dec 2008
So, in the end, everybody's happy-go-lucky BFFs, holding hands and singing Cumbaya? Oh, please! If this were my ending, I'd be out for blood! There's no way I'd be able to laugh with a bunch of people that just tried to kill me. Ridiculous!! Season 2 would be about me going on a rampage and executing revenge on all those bastards. But...I guess that's why I'm not a screenwriter. LOL!!

Was about to give it a 6/10 because Nonoha, Gammon, Cubic, and Elena just really rubbed me the wrong way. It was upgraded to a 7/10 because the seiyuus were excellent and saved the show.

Still, curiosity has gotten the better of me and I will be watching the second season.
Apr 23, 2014 1:14 AM
Oct 2013
I enjoyed this series enough to keep watching. It may get a little over the top at times a la Yu-Gi-OH! but if not taken too seriously, it's pretty good. I anticipate seeing the puzzles and start thinking up of some solutions or strategies. I just wish Elena x Gyammon/Gammon get developed more.

...could have been better though.
Jun 7, 2014 1:48 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending, I wonder what the second episode will offer us!
Nov 6, 2014 7:50 AM

Jun 2012
This was horrible.

I cannot understand how can anyone over the age of 8 rate this anything more than 4.

And of course, there's a 2nd AND A 3RD(!) season.

2/10
Apr 8, 2015 2:46 AM
Jul 2018
This gay obsession with Kaito ruined the whole thing for me.
Feb 18, 2017 4:12 PM
Jul 2018
It was an emotionally satisfying ending in terms of Rook being back with the good guys and he and Kaito made up. That was a super sweet scene with the two of them exchanging what was left of the wooden puzzle and crying❤ Reunion of the puzzle bros!

But sooo many lose threads, like we just let the Divine Revelations burn? That's it lol? After all of Kaito's ominous visions of the future.. Well, so much for that lol. I'm also surprised the final puzzle was so lame. It looked really cool but then Rook decided to make it simpler by dropping most of the balls, and then it was like watching Kaito on a segment of American Ninja Warrior or something. :(

And Kaito did not actually achieve the Phi Brain! I guess that is still coming though, perhaps next season. Excited for new characters and a new villain! I hope we'll see more of Rook too.
Oct 25, 2019 11:43 AM

Sep 2014
The ending was quite underwhelming imo. I started losing my interest halfway through the series because the plot became somewhat pointless in the middle. However towards the end, the story was a bit interesting, but it wasn't enough. To be honest i would've dropped this show if it wasn't for Gammon-sama. He was fairly intriguing and the sole reason why I was able to complete this show.
Apr 26, 2020 12:09 PM
Apr 2020
I enjoyed the ending like everything came back to their place, like the puzzle was complete finally. But yeah the puzzle i was disapointed. Like this was suppose to be a boss fight and not a level one fight. But overall it was very enjoyable for me!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 2, 2011

50 by AL7H3A »»
Feb 2, 2023 1:01 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle Episode 14 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 8, 2012

18 by valoon »»
Nov 22, 2021 11:21 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 4, 2011

22 by Risy »»
Oct 22, 2021 3:32 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2011

72 by Edrianz »»
Jul 21, 2020 5:02 PM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle Episode 17 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 29, 2012

20 by AigenEu »»
Jul 13, 2020 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.