Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 7, 2012 8:19 AM

Nov 2011
finis said:
Is it just me or does Chiyuri look very much like Misaka Mikoto?

well, its the same studio so maybe there is little similarities
Apr 7, 2012 1:34 PM

May 2011
It's getting hard to actually like shows where the main protagonist is a masochistic self loathing doofus who whines about it incessantly in his own thoughts.

It also gets annoying to see in these same shows that the protagonist has got a caring loving attractive female friend that likes him, but he's so busy pitifully crying over his pathetic life that he can't see it.

BUT HEY!

Other than that, this show is quite interesting. It's like the matrix with MMO and FPS games all wrapped around a Japanese high school setting.

The female butterfly girl reminds me of the MMO episode on "Boku ha Tomodachi ga Sukunai." she looks similar to Yozora, but she has an outfit similar to what Sena wore.
Apr 7, 2012 5:36 PM

Jan 2010
Guys welcome to the future http://9gag.com/gag/3729847
Apr 7, 2012 9:29 PM

Jan 2012
People hating on this anime already? I hope it doesn't turn into a Guilty Crown .v2, The incessant bitching and whining gave me a headache. I get the initial dislike of the MC, but i gave him a chance and grew to like him very much. It's a good anime, and i look forward to more episodes.

DraconisMarch said:
Fat Shoe 4 u.

If it wasn't for my first IP ban being excruciatingly long and painful i would give you an earful of unpleasantries.
Apr 7, 2012 10:23 PM

Jan 2011
Why the hate? The first episode was legit!

Whatever, people drop it after an episode or two it's there loss.
Apr 8, 2012 12:20 AM

Jan 2012
IZEROII said:
Why the hate? The first episode was legit!

Whatever, people drop it after an episode or two it's there loss.

Dunno why people bother hating....and bringing it to the second episode thread at that....Don't like the show? Cool. Take it to the first episode thread. I'm sorry that this anime isn't an all guy circle jerk like you love watching so much.
Apr 8, 2012 1:40 AM
Oct 2010
Ahri said:
and bringing it to the second episode thread at that....Don't like the show? Cool. Take it to the first episode thread.
Well, dunno about you, but a lot of people watched the two episodes together. If these "haters'" comments mention something from the second episode and they put it in the discussion for the first one then they would not only be "hating" but spoiling too.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 8, 2012 4:53 AM

Jan 2011
Liked it...it's nothing too deep, but easy and fun to watch.
Apr 8, 2012 7:57 AM

Jan 2012
I don't know about you guys but I have a hard time taking the MC seriously. The character design is not quite the problem, it's his personality so far. He seems like one of those characters that I can't help but dislike; he's ridiculously whiny and I know we are supposed to pity him, and perhaps relate to his insecurities more or less, but I just can't... I'm looking forward to character development.
And while it's refreshing to see a protagonist who's not slim, it's still awfully unbeliavable how he is the only one looking like that in the whole school. Okay, I haven't checked all the students, nor do I have any proof that there are none off-screen, but seriously now, you get my point.

Leaving that issue aside, I like the whole idea, as of now it's not much substance to it but it has great potential. Truthfully, the anime had me at its first PV, so I am not going to drop it so easily. What can I say, I am a sucker for eyecandy animation and great soundtrack, hehe.

Oh, and obviously Kuroyukihime is by far the most intriguing one in the series. There's somethign about her, she seems like quite the wire-puller, sort of... Also, I hope there is not going to be any love triangle between her, Haru and the childhood friend (sorry, I haven't memorized her name yet)... It's going to be hard enough to see any potential chemistry between him and Hime as a romantic pair, let alone putting up with a love triangle, you've got to be kidding me! Can someone who has read the manga tell me if there is going to be one or not? Thanks.

I'll keep on watching this and who knows, it might just turn out to be one of my spring season favorites :)
Apr 8, 2012 4:20 PM
Feb 2010
The first episode really got me, this second one made me feel as if I'm watching a future setting [C] or Deadman Wonderland.

It's not a bad thing for now but I hope this show won't fall into the generic. 24 episodes, use them well!
Apr 8, 2012 5:39 PM

Feb 2012
Cool ep. Still can't take the protagonist seriously though. It's just silly having the main character be the only short, fat, round kid around.

If this was a comedy I'd understand, but it's as if his char design was on purpose to make us feel sorry for him ( Or heck, hate him ).

Still, I look forward to this series in hopes it can get me to like the protagonist.
Apr 10, 2012 11:38 AM

Jan 2010
hahahaa...
Kavai pig is cool robot now :D
Noooo ~
I want pig ))
Apr 10, 2012 3:35 PM

Sep 2011
DEEDS said:
I don't know about you guys but I have a hard time taking the MC seriously. The character design is not quite the problem, it's his personality so far. He seems like one of those characters that I can't help but dislike; he's ridiculously whiny and I know we are supposed to pity him, and perhaps relate to his insecurities more or less, but I just can't... I'm looking forward to character development.
And while it's refreshing to see a protagonist who's not slim, it's still awfully unbeliavable how he is the only one looking like that in the whole school. Okay, I haven't checked all the students, nor do I have any proof that there are none off-screen, but seriously now, you get my point.

Leaving that issue aside, I like the whole idea, as of now it's not much substance to it but it has great potential. Truthfully, the anime had me at its first PV, so I am not going to drop it so easily. What can I say, I am a sucker for eyecandy animation and great soundtrack, hehe.

Oh, and obviously Kuroyukihime is by far the most intriguing one in the series. There's somethign about her, she seems like quite the wire-puller, sort of... Also, I hope there is not going to be any love triangle between her, Haru and the childhood friend (sorry, I haven't memorized her name yet)... It's going to be hard enough to see any potential chemistry between him and Hime as a romantic pair, let alone putting up with a love triangle, you've got to be kidding me! Can someone who has read the manga tell me if there is going to be one or not? Thanks.

I'll keep on watching this and who knows, it might just turn out to be one of my spring season favorites :)

^ mostly this. I think the design is nice and all, cartoony designs are my favs, but his character just kinda comes off as a whiney dick.

EX#1: Friend#1:do you wanna sandwich?
MC:leave me alone.
Friend #1:But I'm worried and spent 5 hours making this baske-
MC: SHUT UP! *slams basket into the wall, friend kneels down and cries*
MC:...later, h*e

EX #2: *sobs, sobs* someone beat my highscore! MY LIFE IS OVER NOW! its just fatty me, the bullies, and those two other people who hang around me for some reason!

EX#3: MC: Hey, so I'm finally gonna be a man and apologi-
Friend #2:Hey sup man, how'd you like the sandwiches?
MC: YOU BASTARDS! I DON'T WANT YOU'RE PITY! YOU'RE DEAD TO ME!

ok, I over exaggerated some parts, and I know he has a complex and all, but dammit, you people get my point.

I don't like him now, but I hope that thi simon faced char gets some development like simon.

Kuroyukihime (gol damn, what the HELL is with that name?) is pretty much the most interesting char sofar, and I hope she makes things more interesting.

for the love of GOD, DO NOT set up a friggin love triangle! You're REALLY pushing your luck here, if he's supposed to be undesirable, WHY THE F*CK does he have a damn love triangle? not saying he isn't allowed to be in a relation but its episode 2/3 for craps sake! heck, Simon didn't get jack until episode 14 I believe, or somewhere like that.
Apr 10, 2012 5:46 PM

Jan 2009
I liked it for the change of pace, if not for changing my life.
Apr 11, 2012 8:31 AM

Jun 2008
Thatguy31 said:
Kuroyukihime (gol damn, what the HELL is with that name?)

It's not her real name. It's basiccaly a nickname "Princess Snow Black". Like Snow white's "Shioryukihime"

and about the love triangle, IT's clear that Chiyuri is in a relationship with Taku and it would be made clearer later in 4-5 episodes.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Apr 13, 2012 11:07 AM
Jun 2008
both op and ed is very techno.
.. need to wait for another week to watch something new .
Apr 13, 2012 11:15 AM

Apr 2011
MorningGlory said:

did you download it?? or watch online???
Apr 13, 2012 12:19 PM
Jun 2008
akira25ysai said:
MorningGlory said:

watching it online raw...
Apr 13, 2012 12:25 PM

Apr 2011
MorningGlory said:
akira25ysai said:
MorningGlory said:

watching it online raw...

cool! So you can understand jap..o__O..
Apr 13, 2012 7:09 PM

Jan 2011
Enjoyed it really liking the whole Online fighting game aspect and the biker guy was pretty cool *OH MY GOD!*really hopes he runs into a high level character that just one shots him lol
Apr 13, 2012 7:54 PM

Nov 2008
Not a bad chapter, seems that the battle will be pretty good.
Apr 13, 2012 9:44 PM

Jul 2009
What's with this season and all the black haired beauties?! My body can't handle this!
Apr 13, 2012 10:59 PM

May 2011
This whole concept of Brain Burst is freaking awesome. And the way they explained it was great and easy to understand. They've gotta keep fighting and winning to be able to continue on Burst linking, cool.

Lol he didn't understand what Kuroyukihime was really saying (I think) and ended up rejecting her. Hahaha that was great with the way she just told everyone and he was just as shocked as the rest. Should have accepted her hand after she said it wasn't sympathy.

Loving Kuroyukihime more and more. I don't think a love triangle is going to start since Chiyuri's already got a boyfriend. I'd say she's probably just worried about her friend being deceived/ played.
Apr 13, 2012 11:08 PM

Sep 2007
Chiyu is annoying. She needs to gtfo.
Apr 13, 2012 11:21 PM

Oct 2008
Wasabi said:

From the 2 episode I've seen, her only role is to induce jealously so we can have the "beautiful girls fighting over -insert name of bland male lead-" trope...

I just hope they don't go into this pit of miasma... and focus on the battles and maybe some decent character growth from the protagonist.
Apr 14, 2012 1:18 AM

Jan 2011
This definitely lived up to my expectations.
The fight was cool, and what a simple trick to win from the bike guy.
I wonder what'll happen between the two girls.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 14, 2012 2:49 AM
Jun 2008
Kurogashi said:
What's with this season and all the black haired beauties?! My body can't handle this!

Chibi KuroYukihime >.<"
Apr 14, 2012 2:53 AM

Jun 2009
Well... Can't say I didn't enjoy this so far... Lets hope the story live up to the animation and music. Otherwise this will be Guilty Crown all over again...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2012 3:24 AM

Sep 2010
Pretty good. Still there are many cliche'd scenes.

4/5
Apr 14, 2012 4:47 AM

Jun 2008
Omniknight said:
Wasabi said:

From the 2 episode I've seen, her only role is to induce jealously so we can have the "beautiful girls fighting over -insert name of bland male lead-" trope...

I just hope they don't go into this pit of miasma... and focus on the battles and maybe some decent character growth from the protagonist.

Chiyuri is already in a relationship with Taku, at episode 2, she's just worried about Haruyuki getting bullied again, especially with his unbelievable closeness to Kuroyukihime thinking that it might be just an elaborate prank, like he asked in the 1st episode.

In nutshell, Chiyuri feels obligated to care and protect Haruyuki despite having a boyfriend because the three of them including Taku are Childhood Friends.

Like I said in 4 or 5 episode the relationship connection will be made clear...VERY clear with also revealing the main plot.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Apr 14, 2012 5:47 AM

Jan 2008
Haruyukis whining is indeed pretty annoying and I had expected a better fight scene. Nevertheless the concept of Brain Burst is nice and keeps me intereted enough to continue watching this series.
Apr 14, 2012 6:11 AM

Jun 2009
So that Kuroyukihime on the roof when Silver Clown Crow was fighting for 2nd time was what? Just her avatar without wings? Pretty curious about her true Brain Burst avatar.
Standard episode, MC man's up a little and wins first fight. I kind of got accustomed to his design so it's as disturbing anymore.

Also OP just became better with 2nd listening. ED's kinda meh for KOTOKO.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 14, 2012 6:46 AM

Oct 2008
OrochiPL said:
So that Kuroyukihime on the roof when Silver Clown Crow was fighting for 2nd time was what? Just her avatar without wings?

It's not her school avatar at all. They are completely different other than being dark colors. I wouldn't be surprised if their school avatars only work at school. So that could be her Global Net avatar or something.

Pretty good episode. I thought he would do a little better in battle once he got going. I imagine he will improve as time goes on though.
Apr 14, 2012 6:57 AM

Feb 2008
The second episode was even more interesting than I expected. Some really bad-ass moves by Silver Crow.
Apr 14, 2012 7:39 AM

Aug 2011
Oh man, that first headbutt attempt... I couldn't watch.
Apr 14, 2012 9:26 AM
Dec 2008
man loving the series so far
really like kuroyukihime
cant wait for next week!
Apr 14, 2012 11:55 AM
Dec 2007
It was so dumb and cliché I was forced to re-drop the series and lower the rating by 1. It's 5/10 now, but I don't think I'll ever see another episode of this... thing. I honestly don't understand how one can watch this and still enjoy it.

Zhou said:
Are you seriously comparing Highschool DxD with Accel World?

I personally don't see a lot of a difference, both are crappy, generic as Hell, stuffy animes with incredibly weak main characters attracted by a beautiful student council president. I don't aprticularly recall the concept behind DxD but the acceleration concept of Accel World is really, really lame.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 14, 2012 1:59 PM

Mar 2008
Is episode 3 next week?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2012 6:19 PM

Jan 2012
It has potential. I'm so sick of whiny male leads though. "Waaah, Waah, Wahh, I can't do it. I'm lame, I'm ugly, I'm dumb, I'm weak." followed by 10 minutes of encouragement every fucking episode.
Apr 14, 2012 6:47 PM

Apr 2011
amc9988 said:
Chiyu already have a boyfriend, so she need to back down. Sheesh that's why I hate childhood friend character, they always think that the main character is their properties.
Are you retarded? She just sticking up for her friend. Use your head in a certain scenario.

Most popular senpai "Kuroyukihime" all of a certain hangs out with the biggest loser. Of course anyone would think Kuroyukihime is bullying fatty.

You now what? The anime left that important piece of info out regarding Chiyu having a BF. Thanks for spoiling.
vansonbeeApr 14, 2012 6:50 PM
Apr 14, 2012 9:24 PM

Mar 2009
Surprisingly good! Provided me with a good deal of laughter, couldn't ask for more.

Apr 14, 2012 10:07 PM

Jan 2011
Jacut said:
It was so dumb and cliché I was forced to re-drop the series and lower the rating by 1. It's 5/10 now, but I don't think I'll ever see another episode of this... thing. I honestly don't understand how one can watch this and still enjoy it.

Zhou said:

I personally don't see a lot of a difference, both are crappy, generic as Hell, stuffy animes with incredibly weak main characters attracted by a beautiful student council president. I don't aprticularly recall the concept behind DxD but the acceleration concept of Accel World is really, really lame.

Considering that you've watched a pretty much amount of shows out there, I can understand that you're probably like "This again?". But I can't seem to understand how can you give 7 to Zero no Tsukaima and say that Accel World and it's concept is crappy. Maybe I'm just inexperienced with this stuff, but opinions.

I can agree with some of your points though. Weak MC, those beautiful girls around him, and the stuff of childhood friend is getting on my nerves lately. Or maybe I'm just jealous?
Apr 14, 2012 11:16 PM

Jan 2012
Yankun said:
Jacut said:

Zhou said:

Considering that you've watched a pretty much amount of shows out there, I can understand that you're probably like "This again?". But I can't seem to understand how can you give 7 to Zero no Tsukaima and say that Accel World and it's concept is crappy. Maybe I'm just inexperienced with this stuff, but opinions.

I can agree with some of your points though. Weak MC, those beautiful girls around him, and the stuff of childhood friend is getting on my nerves lately. Or maybe I'm just jealous?

I honestly don't see why people complain in the first place....Ofcourse stuff is going to be overused....That's a given.....It's the way the story is told compared to the other series like it. Funny how if an anime has predictable characteristics people automatically shelf it as a bad thing....../sigh....People never learn.
Apr 15, 2012 2:00 AM

Oct 2011
Wow, to be honest, I never expect this anime to show this much potential with a fat protagonist, but I was so wrong , these 2 episode were awesome.
Signature
Apr 15, 2012 4:10 AM

Jun 2009
Aww men, I really wish that Haruyuki was more appealing. He has no confidence, he's very weak and pitiful. Above all, he is the only person in the anime who looks small and fat. It's like the creators want to make him stand out too much. At least put some characters in the anime who look the same.
Apr 15, 2012 9:08 AM

Feb 2012
Yeah Haruyuki is definitely a pretty pathetic guy. But that didn't actually get in the way of me enjoying this show. Kuroyukihime is pretty cool and mysterious, and I like the fighting scenes, so I wouldn't mind seeing some more episodes of this anime. Though, like everyone is saying, why is Haruyuki so short...?

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
Apr 15, 2012 11:44 AM

Feb 2010
Hmm so it's a virtual fighting game, ehhhhhhhh

Zhou said:

same seiyuu SO must be the same?
Apr 15, 2012 11:30 PM

Jan 2010
bonifide said:
Loved the show so far but.....

The voice actor Kaji, Yuki left a bad taste in my mouth after doing Shu from Guilty Crown. Every time i hear his voice i think of how much of a pussy Shu was.

LOL I love the cat fight i wonder if they going to fight in that crazy world.

I aint going to lie i wish he was fighting in the PIG body like a Boss.

I feel the same way. It doesn't help that he's always crying in this show too. There has to be another way to portray weak, male leads than this.

Having said that, I feel the show has some potential. It's just not set up to take advantage of it. The road rash guy didn't deserve a whole episode. And watching our hero cry and agonize for many minutes during the battle didn't help put the time to good use.

Our Kuroyukihime is interesting though. She's dropping hints but she clearly has some secrets to keep, and to reveal.

Despite the various flaws in the first two episodes, I'm sort of looking forward to the show. But the crying does need to stop.
Apr 16, 2012 12:13 AM

Apr 2009
I hope he stops whining already by the next episode, it's probably not gonna happen but I'll keep wishing anyway. I wish they accelerate the slow character development too. Me and my goddamn wishes... oh by the way, I think it was a good episode.

The 'almost' real life physics in the game made him use his real world knowledge to his tactical advantage, I guess that's a plus points for our small and rotund protagonist. And at least that means he's not an idiot. LOL

I wonder if they're not frying their neurons and their neural links yet with Brain Burst? >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 16, 2012 3:56 AM

Dec 2009
Very good. Still not hating Haruaki.
The visuals were awesome.
and so was the ED.

5/5

Sent with Mal Updater
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

453 by Orin23 »»
Feb 20, 4:14 AM

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.