Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2012 1:36 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome episode... I am caught up in it already...

I have to agree with Yumekichi on:

"However someone needs to FALCON PUNCH Haruyuki for ruining that food she made for him. I can understand his character complex and inferiority complex but you damn never do to throw away and ruin food a girl makes you in a basket, takes the effort to do it and the end of those actions always make her sad along with crying. For me it’s a fat NO. That was horrible as a scene. Poor Chiyu there. "

Yes, and yes. Still Haruyuki is awesome MC, at least for me. Typical looser that will grow into who knows what... I didn't notice Ecchi and I wonder what is the name of the girl with black hair? *looking at Yumekichi*
Apr 2, 2012 1:42 PM

Oct 2010
akutasame94 said:
Yes, and yes. Still Haruyuki is awesome MC, at least for me. Typical looser that will grow into who knows what... I didn't notice Ecchi and I wonder what is the name of the girl with black hair? *looking at Yumekichi*
It's her:
http://myanimelist.net/character/46305/Kuroyukihime
she just has a different persona in the Virtual World.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 2, 2012 1:47 PM

Dec 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
akutasame94 said:
It's her:
http://myanimelist.net/character/46305/Kuroyukihime
she just has a different persona in the Virtual World.

I found her...

Anyway thank you...

Cute she is...
Apr 2, 2012 1:58 PM

Feb 2012
wtf i understand the main character having to be weak and stuff but why does he have to be a pig and look like a retarded muffin in real life TT. atleast let him look ok in one of the worlds lol
Apr 2, 2012 2:03 PM

Dec 2011
greedSC said:
wtf i understand the main character having to be weak and stuff but why does he have to be a pig and look like a retarded muffin in real life TT. atleast let him look ok in one of the worlds lol

That's the point. That makes him unique and refreshing...
Apr 2, 2012 2:09 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome, finally this show started, been waiting for it for a while. :)

The main character is so cute, yet soooo pathetic! xD I facepalmed so hard when he smashed the basket with the sandwhiches to the wall, and didn't even apologize. Sooo wrong, yet the girl somehow understands how bad he feels. It was interesting.
Apr 2, 2012 2:17 PM

Jan 2008
This series feels so... unique. So far nothing to hate. Love the character designs other than the Main Characters. I don't hate him or anything though, his design is just way to different from everyone elses.

Onto the 2nd half.
Apr 2, 2012 2:41 PM

Nov 2011
Great first 2 episodes so far and turn the volume all THE WAY UP when watching this. It's a lot better. Anyways, I'm enjoying this.
Apr 2, 2012 2:52 PM

May 2010
akutasame94 said:
Awesome episode... I am caught up in it already...

I have to agree with Yumekichi on:

"However someone needs to FALCON PUNCH Haruyuki for ruining that food she made for him. I can understand his character complex and inferiority complex but you damn never do to throw away and ruin food a girl makes you in a basket, takes the effort to do it and the end of those actions always make her sad along with crying. For me it’s a fat NO. That was horrible as a scene. Poor Chiyu there. "

One question.

Chiyu's description says she's Taku's BF. Yet still attached to Haruyuki, what's with the two? Childhood friends? Really Curious. :)

I got mad on what he did to poor Chiyu. Damn that Haruyuki, still didn't explain.

Overall I like the scenes. I look forward to more episodes with Kuroyukihime she's too beautiful. xD
Apr 2, 2012 2:56 PM

Feb 2012
iHeartTsugumi said:

One question.

Chiyu's description says she's Taku's BF. Yet still attached to Haruyuki, what's with the two? Childhood friends? Really Curious. :)

That will come up in the next episodes, won't take too long, five episodes maybe.
Apr 2, 2012 3:07 PM

Dec 2011
This anime so well reminds me of Guilty Crown and C!!!!

That is a no no to a girl Haruyuki. If I could, I would have punched this fat-ass for ruining that packed lunch.

Anyways, this is too good! I am hooked already!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2012 3:13 PM

Jul 2011
this anime looks very promising, its very interesting, people are complaining about haruyuki but i think he isn't so bad, sure he is a loser but that leaves plenty of room for development in the next 23 episodes, i do hope he becomes a very good MC, i like characters who start off weak and wimpy but then become badass
Apr 2, 2012 3:15 PM

May 2011
Oh yeah, already started.

Future world just damn EPIC there.
Apr 2, 2012 3:17 PM

Jan 2008
kamikaze_1996 said:
this anime looks very promising, its very interesting, people are complaining about haruyuki but i think he isn't so bad, sure he is a loser but that leaves plenty of room for development in the next 23 episodes, i do hope he becomes a very good MC, i like characters who start off weak and wimpy but then become badass

I hope he grows... as in literally... He's too short. You can't even call him a shota.
Apr 2, 2012 3:54 PM

Apr 2008
That's his charm, his super deformed body. How (un) forthcoming..

I personally can't wait for the epicness...

Apr 2, 2012 3:57 PM

Jul 2011
Paul said:

I hope he grows... as in literally... He's too short. You can't even call him a shota.

yea me too and lose weight, but that would be later on, probably when he becomes a true badass
Apr 2, 2012 4:17 PM
Dec 2011
Nice, this is high school DxD for the masses but with entirely different matrix-like setting. No ecchi scenes at all in 2 eps...even the typical fall on top of a girl scene didn't result in the typical boob grab which is almost mandatory in anime xD
Apr 2, 2012 4:23 PM

Aug 2010
This looked interesting so I gave it a chance and I'm glad I did. Kuroyukihime is awesome and it's kind of refreshing with how they did the main character.
Apr 2, 2012 4:42 PM

Sep 2010
This is completely incomparable to anything I've watched.
Extremely different and fresh, I saw the PV to this and thought it looked good, after the first episode I definitely know I'll watch this to the end.

This is the first time I've seen such a pudgy protagonist. o.o

Kuroyukihime is extremely cute >~< I think her hair antennae thing in her hair is a nice touch.
Apr 2, 2012 4:55 PM

Nov 2011
ProBoner said:
Nice, this is high school DxD for the masses but with entirely different matrix-like setting. No ecchi scenes at all in 2 eps...even the typical fall on top of a girl scene didn't result in the typical boob grab which is almost mandatory in anime xD

Ya definitely no ecchi from the first 2 episodes. In fact, there wasn't even a boob grab except a very slight teasing in the cafeteria :P
Apr 2, 2012 5:05 PM

May 2010
araya looks nothing like what he did in the manga :O
Apr 2, 2012 5:06 PM

May 2010
Shih said:
I have been waiting for this after I read Sword Art Online (LN)

This first episode was awesome

Nice animations and character designs

Might need to read the Light Novel in the future for the settings. The subtitle flashed by too fast

Chubby character turns to a piggy in VRMMO o.O

I thought he would make his character looks cool in VR, but whatever =P

By the way, who was the one that beat his high score?

Off to the second episode~

read the manga or the novel, youll understand why he has a piggy avatar
Apr 2, 2012 5:15 PM
Dec 2009
greedSC said:

It is explained in the LN's that the reason why he has the pig is that he had a really cool and handmade avatar but the bullies forced him to use the pig avatar.
Apr 2, 2012 5:48 PM

Jan 2011
Seems like it could be a pretty damn cool show looks pretty even if it wasn't in 720p and a future setting is a plus just still wondering why they went with that design not that i have a problem with it just first time i've seen a chubby MC for a anime in a while haha.

kinda creepy that the school *is always watching you* and those guys in white body armor weren't normal hall monitors!

and i'm still confused on how this is gonna work is this a web based series or what MAL says its started since mar26 but i have both ep 1&2 which are Preaired so it isn't out yet :S?.
Apr 2, 2012 5:54 PM

Dec 2008
Looks pretty decent so far. Nice idea though havent grasped the premise yet. Off to ep 2!
Apr 2, 2012 7:04 PM

Oct 2009
bookkid900 said:
greedSC said:

-removed-

Oi, learn to f_cking spoiler your spoilers you spoiling pig.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2012 7:14 PM

Jul 2010
i just hope he stops using that pig avatar later on, atleast have a humanish body.
also this burst link idea is nice, but it seems its only good if you have fast reflexes but need to think a bit before any action. unless your with another person, than you can make a whole out plan.

so a tiny fat kid wanting to escape from reality, im pretty sure we've had that thought.
i like this anime so far, good thing i picked this for FAL

Apr 2, 2012 7:20 PM

Jan 2011
Being the impatient ass I am, I couldn't help but watch this pre-aired episode with Hadena subs than wait for the actual aired episode. xD I'll still re-watch it when it's aired.

Anyhow, I loved this episode. Man, I love the Burst Link scenes. Whole room is completely blue and mysterious, aw yeah. Also Kuroyukihime is so fucking cute, in her Burst Link form and school uniform. xD Plot is good so far. Loving this already :D
Apr 2, 2012 7:25 PM

Dec 2010
Baka buta
tera anrakki
RaRitsujunApr 2, 2012 7:28 PM
「J>K>W」
事実。
Apr 2, 2012 8:00 PM

Dec 2011
The ending of ep 1 was great. The idea for his pig appearance is quit weird if you ask me.
HysteryApr 2, 2012 8:04 PM
Apr 2, 2012 8:46 PM

Jan 2011
Great beginning to a series, I'm already drawn in deep. Surprised at lack of OP and abrupt end though.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 2, 2012 9:04 PM

Sep 2011
Ok, FINALLY an anime with a fat main character...

the result? I can't stand the way he's drawn, he barely looks like human.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 2, 2012 10:00 PM

Aug 2008
This is GOOD. Maybe not the whole thing, but at least Haruyuki is quite unique.
The idea about virtual world is heard of, but this is done well.

So far so good. 7/10 for the start.
Apr 2, 2012 10:28 PM

Apr 2011
Crap show. Dropped.
Apr 2, 2012 10:59 PM
Jul 2009
I can't say I agree on the deformed looking Protag for many many reasons that will take a lot of time to elaborate on here only for people to ignore my post and not care.
Apr 2, 2012 11:53 PM

Dec 2010
bunnies said:
This is completely incomparable to anything I've watched.
Extremely different and fresh, I saw the PV to this and thought it looked good, after the first episode I definitely know I'll watch this to the end.

This is the first time I've seen such a pudgy protagonist. o.o

Kuroyukihime is extremely cute >~< I think her hair antennae thing in her hair is a nice touch.

kawaii buta + kawaii hime = MOE !!!!!
「J>K>W」
事実。
Apr 2, 2012 11:54 PM

Dec 2010
Blind_Guardian said:
Crap show. Dropped.

LOOOOOOL YOU are indeed BLIND XD
「J>K>W」
事実。
Apr 3, 2012 12:10 AM

Nov 2010
Kuroyukihime = might be the next best thing since Kyubey.

Haruyuki = Cartman.jp

Gonna follow this show. Funny watching that kid try to use his new kung-fu.
I play, the haters lose.
Apr 3, 2012 1:04 AM

Mar 2012
pretty original concept: Burst Link
As an opening ep there was a good plot which keeps the watchers like me to keeping going.
A flaw would be that i would like to see the MC a little skinnier. Like you dont have to be fat to be bullied on, all you have to be is weak.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!
Apr 3, 2012 1:54 AM

Aug 2008
I only browsed the first chapter of manga adaptation couple of months ago but still noticed some more or less important details missing. I hope anime creators won't go too far with changes to the plot. Considering how good SAO is I think nobody should make any changes to Kawahara's works... And that's why I don't want to even look at SAO anime. It's a prime example of a great source material destroyed by crappy anime adaptation. Hopefully AW won't end up like this. It's Sunrise so it shouldn't be so hard for them to not screw this up.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 3, 2012 2:10 AM

Feb 2009
Silver Crow's design looks weird. The CGI doesn't help as well.
Kuroyukihime's seiyuu is good for a newbie. Fat Shoe has some issues with self-esteem but he's okay.
So far so good. On to the second episode.

Y dis not translated on BT while SAO has 7 volumes translated?
Apr 3, 2012 2:10 AM

Oct 2010
Oh wow I just checked the staff to make sure of things. First of all:
http://myanimelist.net/people/14217/Obara_Masakazu
WATCH OUT! This guy did Mai-HiME and that had a half point that turned all around 180 degrees to make it more depressing. So I assume I might be right in that the game will turn into something deadly or with very grave consequences once stuff changes around mid point.

Second:
http://myanimelist.net/people/10817/Yoshino_Hiroyuki
OH SHIT! The guy made GC? Made Seikon no Qwaser. Yikes! Composed series such as Dance in the Vampire Bund, Fractale, Sora no Woto, Macross Frontier and Denpa no Teki Kanojo. Not to mention he did some Darker than Black?

Now I can expect some fuck up around. Don't know what kind but clearly 2 people of who I found of their work are quite insane in their imagination for what I lived through in the many series announced.

Just though of adding about 2 people doing this series: Director and Series Composer.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 3, 2012 2:53 AM
Sep 2011
Sunrise surely put a lot of effort into this episode. The animation looked great and the way how reality and virtual world were combined was interesting.

Surprisingly the MC's character design didn't bother me too much.
Apr 3, 2012 2:56 AM
Jun 2008
I not sure why people keep on relate this to highschool DxD.That anime got boob and this does have.Its a big difference.

greedSC said:
He can choose other Avatar other than the pig in virtual life but maybe bully matter force him not to..

His Avatar in brain burst look very ok .A crow without wing =p.
Apr 3, 2012 3:36 AM

May 2010
MorningGlory said:
His Avatar in brain burst look very ok .A crow without wing =p.

Apr 3, 2012 3:59 AM

Sep 2008
I liked the episode, definitely exceeded my mellow expectations. And I didn't even dislike the main character like many people do.
Apr 3, 2012 4:21 AM

Feb 2012
MorningGlory said:
I not sure why people keep on relate this to highschool DxD.That anime got boob and this does have.Its a big difference.

Thank you, sir. I thought I was alone with that.
Apr 3, 2012 4:25 AM

Oct 2009
Very good start to this series. I like the virtual setting and the main characters. Nice to see a pudgy main protagonist (his pig avatar is pretty interesting if not wierd) and the two girls are pretty awesome. Though I'm not keen on what Haruyuki did to Chiyu with the lunch basket. No girl should be treated like that.

However Kuroyukihime is going to be an awesome character.

Looks like the story will deal with issues about bullying. Curious to see where they will take this concept.
Apr 3, 2012 5:03 AM
Dec 2010
This is gonna be so epic
Apr 3, 2012 6:20 AM

Nov 2010
Nice first half
It's a nice setting to get into for me
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

453 by Orin23 »»
Feb 20, 4:14 AM

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.