Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 31, 2012 10:18 AM

Dec 2011
Wendy wants boobs. XD

Don't worry, you're in a shonen anime so you're BOUND to get some, my dear Wendy.
Mar 31, 2012 11:12 AM

May 2010
I cried towards the end with Lucy reading the letter...It's really sad if she had been there a month earlier she could have seen her father (/TT~TT)/

Looks like fillers are coming in..Fairy Tail's fillers aren't so bad unlike other Shounen animes i've watched.
Mar 31, 2012 11:29 AM
Jun 2010
Very cool episode! I am loving more and more Fairy Tail *.*
Mar 31, 2012 12:01 PM
Aug 2009
This is the Fairy Tail I remember:

-great comedy
-dramatic moments that aren't the result of Deus Ex Machina
-NO FANSERVICE
-characters not doing or saying anything idiotic

It's been a long time since I've genuinely enjoyed an episode of FT, but now it's back in my good books :)
Mar 31, 2012 1:16 PM

Nov 2008
I'm not reading the manga, but could someone please explain the following to me?
(Without spoiling anything, if there is anything to be spoiled)

Were there actually members that left the guild during those 7 years? Since in the previous episode someone mentioned: "Have we lost members again?"
I checked the picture they showed of Bisca's wedding for a moment, but can't really tell, so, anyone?

This was a fairly nice episode again by the way.
Mar 31, 2012 1:31 PM

Feb 2011
Fairy Tail fillers? I don't mind at all. Also, new opening! :D
I would love to actually see some more comedy episodes, Fairy Tail comedy is awesome!
Mar 31, 2012 2:49 PM

Feb 2012
desolato said:

Were there actually members that left the guild during those 7 years? Since in the previous episode someone mentioned: "Have we lost members again?"
I checked the picture they showed of Bisca's wedding for a moment, but can't really tell, so, anyone?

I honestly don't remember someone missing from the main cast of the guild. But of course the guild has lost many members, naturally they were guys you never knew.
I'll try looking up if someone we know is missing, now I'm curious, too.
ZhouMar 31, 2012 3:04 PM
Mar 31, 2012 2:51 PM

Mar 2012
desolato said:
I'm not reading the manga, but could someone please explain the following to me?

That is a good observation, I'll try to explain it:

X784: The Fairy Tail guild is the #1 guild in Fiore with roughly 100 members

December X784: Tenrou Island disappeared after it was attacked by Acnologia (Mavis enclosed it within Fairy Sphere in another dimension)

June X785: The search for any survivors and the whereabouts of Tenrou Island gets called off by the Magic Council

=> At that point the magic world had pretty much given up on finding any survivors and the top members of Fairy Tail were assumed to be dead. That's where most of the remaining 50-60 members probably left the guild to join other guilds with more job potential, better reputation, etc.

December X785: Bisca and Al get married (with the very few remaining members that stuck by), or the fact that they only invited the close friends only. That probably explains the"Have we lost members again?" comment in X791.

Summary:

X784: 100 members
X785-X791: the numbers dwindle, with the majority leaving in X785

End of X785: Bisca and Al's marriage (only close friends were invited).
Mar 31, 2012 3:02 PM
Feb 2012
Good episode.

Got to see Romeos flames ;o

Loved Erza reaction to Al and Bisca getting married. As well as Wendys to the drawing Reedus did of her future self xD

Lamia Scale appeared. Leon fell in love with Juvia haha. Juvia and her imagination is always win xD

Makarov went to see Twilight Ogre to talk about the loan repayment but took Erza and Mirajaine with him lol. Happy to see they bashed there guild up ;o

Lucy found out her father passed away, emotional moment there.

desolato said:

Zhou said:
I honestly don't remember someone missing from the main cast of the guild. But of course, the guild has lost many members, naturally they were guys you never knew.
I'll try looking up if someone we know is missing, now I'm curious, too.

Yes, that's right,they lost a lot of people. No core members. Was just unknown people, who didn't play any major roles.
Mar 31, 2012 3:09 PM
Mar 2010
desolato said:

Members have left, just not anyone relevant. Fairy Tail had just over 100 members in the guild. Of those, we've gotten profiles on just over 40 of them, and a few more than 20 of them were on Tenrou Island. So with the island vanished, that leaves about 80 members, about 20 of who we know in some capacity. 60 members that were essentially faceless background members can have 40-50 before we start to run out of buffer room for having random people in the background be some random person we don't know as opposed to an establish character.
Mar 31, 2012 6:01 PM

Jan 2011
That was mean. First, the scene where the lady at the counter told Lucy about her dad and the follow up with the "but the tears won't come" scene, which was already pretty sad. Then they turn it around with this episodes crowning moment of awesome when Makarov, Erza and Mirajane pay Twilight Ogre a visit, which also had it's share of comedy..and then they drop it hard with Lucy being in her room, all these presents and the note. As someone said, they really know which strings to pull.

There were some other good scenes aswell, like the funny moment when Pantherlily mentioned "cute" and "Wendy" in the same sentence..
Mar 31, 2012 9:43 PM
Jun 2011
...This is not what I expected.
No amount of spoilers could prepare me for this.
I'd read that there was a time skip, but I didn't know it was that long or had that drastic of an effect.
It nearly destroyed what was left of the guild and its remaining members, with the notable exception of Bisca and Alzak.
I'm going to stumble around for a bit while they get their footing back and have to come to terms with the fact that the S-classes will outlive most of their remaining members.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Mar 31, 2012 11:11 PM
Apr 2010
That small scene between the Master, Mirajane, and Erza... PRICELESS!!!!
Mar 31, 2012 11:39 PM

Jan 2011
Well nothings changed for me time to get hit with a ton of Fillers hopefully they will be decent and who knows we might even get a pretty good sidestory arc in the mix FT fillers aren't nearly as bad as the Naruto ones.
Apr 1, 2012 1:58 AM

Aug 2009
I loved the Fairy Tail members catching up on things and talking about whatever. Wendy being sad that her chest seems unlikely to ever grow big was the highlight. Also Gildarts.

Nice to see Kinana is brought out more, but they still didn't explain where she came from so all the anime-only viewers are still wondering. I can forgive human-Kinana because she has an amnesia, but I will never forgive Kinana when she was a snake: When you're master and friend for the past SEVEN YEARS gets hit in the back by your boss, you don't just stare at your friend when he is falling down, YOU BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THE ASSHOLE WHO DID THAT TO HIM! No excuse...

But Lucy took a godlike amount of time to figure out that maybe his dad is really worried about her. I mean half an episode. Then we found out he is dead. What the hell?! He was a dick yes, but there was a sense that maybe things will get better between them when they were on Acalypha(?), but no. Dead. Why kill him off? They could've established the "daddy actually loves you"-issue with meeting up with him after seven years, dad gets all tearyeyed and says he loves him and Lucy loves him too, because she wants to be loved by her father. Problem solved. Now all the main characters have no parents and Lucy won't have to feel guilty anymore about her father.

And the landlady was a bitch. "You owe me seven years of rent!" but then we find out she's been dusting the place for seven years and received Lucy's fathers gifts all this time...I guess she couldn't bear the guilt of renting out the apartment of a girl whose father loves her so much, but then she still wants the rent money! Luckily his father sent the money right before he died and right when Lucy came back. Now that's incredible luck!

And the Fairy Tail rent issue. I thought about it being the right thing to pay the loan, but these guys are obviously doing crimes and such and Fairy Tail never really goes by the rules as showed on Episode 2: "Council says don't blow up cities...Fuck em!" So yeah, I'll allow skipping on the money issue and beating the hell out of those dicks.

Next episode starts the fillers. If they're filled with lots of fanservice and gags instead of stupid plots, maybe I'll enjoy them.
Apr 1, 2012 3:56 AM
Dec 2009
Damn you Fairy Tail... Making a half-grown up man cry like this..!
Apr 1, 2012 7:47 AM
Dec 2010
Whaaaa.... this ep made me so teary... ;'/ It's probably hard, loosing someone, even though you didn't like the person... maybe I'll get teary too, when i lose someone like that .__. NO WAIT, DONT TALK ABOUT THAT, IT MIGHT BE BAD TO SAY IT,.. sh*t up Miya! (That's me, ikr,,, it's weird when a person talks to him.herself...)

But to the important point:
Why is Juvia not a main character??? I really wonder why.... Nobody agrees her to become a main?? *w* ????
-
Apr 1, 2012 9:51 AM

Mar 2012
Guessing the present is going to be a golden gate key of sorts. Sad her father died; but it was expected. I hope the fillers are Natsu x Lucy x Lisanna or something because the trailer hints to Natsu x Lucy, but I can't stand Lisanna being left out.
I think the 'Love chart' was inaccurate. As much as I would love for Natsu to like someone, he's completely out of it, and the concept should be a reverse. You know like, Lucy, Lisanna, Wendy (maybe, there were hints of romance but no real grounds to base it on) and Mavis (just one of my fantasies *goes and puts Mavis on favourite characters list*) all liking Natsu, with no returning feelings of Natsu's to anyone, Meldy liking Ultear, Lyon liking Juvia whilst Juvia likes Gray, no return feelings of Gray's. Erza x Jellal, Evergreen with Elfman, Loke liking Lucy, Gajeel and Levy, the girl that says 'Ai' with Lyon (even though they'll probably make her change and like Gray for comedic effect) and you get the picture.
I'm not going to mind the fillers but I just want them to come out quickly, I'm very impatient. By the way can anyone confirm if this series will ever end? I hope it doesn't until maybe the maker gets incredibly old.
Apr 1, 2012 10:14 AM

Feb 2010
Oh anime, why must you always remind me of those sad parts again ;_____;
Had tears in my eyes again yaaaaay

Oh and 26 fillers? That's gonna be no FT for a while for me.. I'd rather watch it all in one go. :I
Apr 1, 2012 1:40 PM

Jul 2011
loved the episode sooo much poor Lucy :( can't wait to watch next episodes <3
Apr 1, 2012 1:42 PM

Jul 2011
cant wait for jellal to return
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/lostfallstar&sclick=1][/
Apr 1, 2012 5:43 PM
Jul 2011
Lucy reading her father's letter made me cry :( it was so sad.
4/5
Apr 2, 2012 12:09 AM

Apr 2011
That episode...Lucy T_T

Also lol Juvia, as always your imagination is win!!!

So next episode the fillers start!!! I can't wait to watch them :)
Apr 2, 2012 2:35 AM

May 2007
Great episode but since fillers are coming, it would be nice to have a 1-2 Edolas episodes, to see how things have changed there.
Apr 2, 2012 8:24 AM

Feb 2012
FairyTail is awesome :)
Apr 2, 2012 8:48 AM
Sep 2011
10 on 1 the fillers are going to give the ultimate blow to Fairy Tail's ratings (which are already quite low) and it will end up getting cancelled a la Bleach...
Apr 2, 2012 11:38 AM

Mar 2012
Atamaaa said:
10 on 1 the fillers are going to give the ultimate blow to Fairy Tail's ratings (which are already quite low) and it will end up getting cancelled a la Bleach...

On the contrary, Fairy Tail fillers are even more popular in Japan:

Episode 69: "Call of the Dragon" (竜の誘い) - Rating: 3.9% TV Tokyo
Episode 70: "Natsu vs. Gray!!" (ナツvs.グレイ!!) - Rating: 5.6% TV Tokyo

Both of these were fillers and yet they ranked relatively high in Japan when they aired (Episode 70 had a higher rating than Naruto Shippuden which manages 2-4% on average).

As for Bleach and its fillers, it was terrible. 1% to 1.9% rating, no wonder it got cancelled.

In any case, I think the upcoming fillers will be fun to watch -- even the manga readers will watch something new for a change.
Apr 2, 2012 12:14 PM
Sep 2011
hajimata said:
Atamaaa said:

On the contrary, Fairy Tail fillers are even more popular in Japan:

Episode 69: "Call of the Dragon" (竜の誘い) - Rating: 3.9% TV Tokyo
Episode 70: "Natsu vs. Gray!!" (ナツvs.グレイ!!) - Rating: 5.6% TV Tokyo

Both of these were fillers and yet they ranked relatively high in Japan when they aired (Episode 70 had a higher rating than Naruto Shippuden which manages 2-4% on average).

As for Bleach and its fillers, it was terrible. 1% to 1.9% rating, no wonder it got cancelled.

In any case, I think the upcoming fillers will be fun to watch -- even the manga readers will watch something new for a change.

You're talking about fillers that aired over a year ago when the Fairy Tail anime was at its peak in terms of popularity. And those are only two consecutive fillers, not an entire arc.

Right now, Fairy Tail is doing pretty bad in ratings, averaging around 1.5 to 1.8%...If the fillers do any worse, I don't see how cancellation will be avoided.
Apr 2, 2012 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
Poor Lucy ><
Apr 2, 2012 6:38 PM

Mar 2012
Atamaaa said:

You're talking about fillers that aired over a year ago when the Fairy Tail anime was at its peak in terms of popularity. And those are only two consecutive fillers, not an entire arc.

Yes, fillers that aired and ranked higher than Naruto Shippuden. That's the point: Fairy Tail fillers are known to rank higher in Japan. As for the upcoming filler arc, alleging that they will "blow" the show's ratings and force it to be canceled even though past evidence indicates that fillers are even more popular in Japan is just dumb speculation.

Even though those two filler episodes aired a year ago, they still ranked higher than any other non-filler episode that aired in the past two years.

Fairy Tail fillers are awesome. :)
Apr 3, 2012 1:58 AM
Sep 2009
Fairy Tail's filler should be fine, should be funny and get more airing time for other characters
Apr 3, 2012 4:42 AM

Sep 2007
Hey hey hey !
Did someone see Evergreen was irrited when Elfman looked at Sheery ? :D
Apr 3, 2012 10:10 AM

Jul 2009
Poor Lucy
Apr 3, 2012 11:31 AM
Nov 2010
This was really good, especially the part with Lucy...
Apr 3, 2012 6:29 PM

Aug 2010
Wow I don't usually cry while watching anime, but this episode made me tear up!!
T^T
Apr 4, 2012 1:11 PM
May 2011
New Character Michelle to be played by Yukana... just to let you guys know if you are fans.

ban1o.jpg
Apr 6, 2012 5:13 PM

Oct 2009
Depressing Episode but overall good to see everyone happy and together ^_^
Seeing Happy and Carla "grown up" was disturbing though o.o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2012 2:44 PM

Nov 2010
I cried when lucy cried :'(
Apr 9, 2012 3:35 PM

Sep 2009
Awesome episode! fairy tail haven had such a heartwarming and high quality good episode in awhile..
Apr 10, 2012 1:28 AM

Apr 2009
Great episode!It was so sad to see Lucy cry..T__T But Natsu and Happy are always there for her :)

Apr 13, 2012 7:52 AM

Jul 2009
So fillers are starting now? Well, I don't mind fillers as long as the overall quality stays the same. I disliked that artificial dragon filler arc, but other fillers have been decent, if not great so far.
Apr 23, 2012 12:56 AM

Nov 2007
loving the cameos.

the fire guy from Phantom Lord is a teacher! Lyon and Lumia Scale. wow the monk guy looks old, and more monk like.

LOL Lyon likes Juvia? and apparently Juvia thinks everyone likes Gray. Gray's harem should be a special.

Lucy can't pay the back rent. you'd think someone else would have moved in ...

oh wow. the scenes of Lucy and her father actually got to me. that was sad. it's going to be so weird with everyone losing 7 years.
Apr 28, 2012 6:36 PM

Oct 2008
Awesome conclusion. Made me tear up there at the end when she read the letter.
May 1, 2012 4:55 PM

Jul 2010
I cried so hard, only for series like Fairy Tail... The music was way too perfect, damn, sniif.

That said I'm actually looking forward to the fillers since I, under no circumstance, want FT to be on hiatus or worse; cancelled. I don't mind the fillers, they're nice and often light hearted which is a nice thing after all this epic drama and sad stuff... :)

Can't wait to see the next arc though, seems like something big with Zeref, Ultear, Meldy and JELLAL will happen? Or is it just me who links all those names together? xD
May 19, 2012 2:08 AM

Jan 2008
It seems that fillers are about to invade Fairy Tail.
I wonder how I'll cope considering that FT had only a minimum number of fillers since the start.

Oh well. Hope the coming eps are interesting.
Looking forward to the new OP and ED.
Jun 14, 2012 2:41 PM

Dec 2011
Finally! The reunion! I was expecting Natsu to burst out of the ground and shouting...

Love triangle between the 3!!

---->Ice--->Water---->Ice>---|
^ (Lyon) (Juvia) (Gray) |
| |
------------------<----------------

Master Makarov discussing = Rage xDD LMAO!!!

Sad scene when Lucy's father died...

(Whats the presents?!)

Lets go for a job! To chill out and relax + earn money!(I don't think that's the right words when it's Natsu Team's Turn...)
uhh...
Jun 24, 2012 12:16 AM

Jan 2012
Ah Juvia, slowly creeping your way to my favorite character in Fairy Tail. Only diminished by how annoying the fantasies can get when they're in nearly every episode you are in.

Also, Lisanna after Gray? I am not amused. I don't agree with Lucy after him either, but I let that slide. Though seeing it as a love triangle with Gray having a heart to Lyon was funny.
Aug 26, 2012 7:16 PM

Jun 2012
I don't mind change but 7 freaking years is kind of stretching it. 1-3 years would have been ok.....its going to take me awhile to get used to this change.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Nov 5, 2012 3:02 PM
May 2010
didn't know Gray was so popular with girls....
even the leader of Grimore hearts was "captivated"...
Nov 5, 2012 3:03 PM
May 2010
Wicklebee said:
Ah Juvia, slowly creeping your way to my favorite character in Fairy Tail. Only diminished by how annoying the fantasies can get when they're in nearly every episode you are in.

Also, Lisanna after Gray? I am not amused. I don't agree with Lucy after him either, but I let that slide. Though seeing it as a love triangle with Gray having a heart to Lyon was funny.

The love complex thingy was inside Juvia's mind FYI
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 30 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

breathesunshine - May 17, 2010

112 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - May 10, 2010

111 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - May 3, 2010

125 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Apr 26, 2010

111 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

185 by phantom346 »»
Apr 23, 8:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.