Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 30, 2012 6:58 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The gang is back and everyone is happy again!

Well, shock and horror:

Erza's reaction:

Disturbing image:

Oh, anyone remember that OST from the first time when Light Team confronted Oracion Seis? Well, it plays in this episode! *eargasm*

Lmao, how accurate is this chart here...

Damn...

Mm, next episode looks like a filler. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Stark700Mar 30, 2012 7:32 PM
Mar 30, 2012 8:14 PM

Aug 2008
It was good episode :) I feel bad for Lucy, only one month and she would have met her father. It's was hilarious when Makarov went to beat the twilight ogres~ Next episode is a filler...I wonder why Lucy was blushing when Natsu said something in the preview. I am looking forward to it :)
Mar 30, 2012 8:17 PM

Sep 2010
Yeah next week the filler starts. Can't wait to see the new opening and ending for it.

Its weird I didn't cry when Lucy was reading the letter that her father left her, but at the end I did.

I loved the Juvia/Lyon scene it was cute, but my OTP is still Gray/Juvia.

Still 5/5.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 30, 2012 8:23 PM

Mar 2012
Lucy's tragic loss was rather sad, but glad that her relationship with her dad ended on a good note seeing how she used to hate him before.

Juvia's "Love Chart" was just hilarious. Fillers next week definitely feel like a breath of fresh air since I don't know what is going to happen in it (already read the manga so I knew what was going to happen in these past 5-6 episodes).

Not knowing what's about to happen is a much better feeling. Being spoiled by the manga has its draw backs I guess :P
Mar 30, 2012 8:37 PM

May 2011
Ahh...it was touching moment between Lucy and her father.

It really sadden me when I watched her cry.

So it's filler arc next time. Hope it was fun.
Mar 30, 2012 8:52 PM

Feb 2012
Teared up a bit when Lucy read the letter.
Erza and Makarov were great this episode :D

Yep, next week fillers are starting. I read somewhere here it would be 26 filler episodes, is that right?
But I have to say Fairy Tail kinda deserves it, almost caught up with the manga and there were almost no fillers which is ridculous if you compare it to Beelzebub for example, that had during 60 episodes more fillers than Fairy Tail!
Mar 30, 2012 8:57 PM

Nov 2011
Zhou said:

Yep, next week fillers are starting. I read somewhere here it would be 26 filler episodes, is that right?

Oh shit, that's definitely not good news. 26 episodes? :/

I know Fairy Tail can pull some good fillers but still. Hmm, I think I might have to put the series on hold now depending on how good the next filler arc will be.
Mar 30, 2012 9:11 PM
Jan 2011
26-eps filler would take about half a year!!!! I'm already pissed at the fact that

So please, about 10-13 eps filler is enough. Fairy Tail doesn't have much things to develop while still staying with the cannon anyway, nearly everyone has their own pairs already, just that same guild with those notable characters (unless they focus in another guilds, but this would require some of Mashima works to not be completely pointless)!
Mar 30, 2012 9:29 PM

Feb 2012
Today's Episode was good enough. 4/5

I felt bad for lucy when she saw and read her father's note about a month ago. It's not really easy to get over from someone you loved so much.

Aside from that, Erza's reaction was priceless and funny lol and the the part wherein they were asked to pay their debts, the guild master's reaction of TwilightOgre was very funny lol

About that 26 episode filler arc, WHAT? Is that True?? :OOO Omg, lol that's like a half of a year and with that being said:

Talukita said:

It's so sad that Crime Sociere won't make it.... GRRRRR... That's the scene or the arc that i am really waiting for but when i saw that it'll be a 26 episode filler arc, It's just......so... depressing. I really want to see Crime Sociere so bad.
Mar 30, 2012 9:35 PM

Feb 2008
I don't know if I can handle 26 episodes of filler... Then again I did get through bleach fillers ^_^;;;;
Mar 30, 2012 9:38 PM
Mar 2010
Zhou said:

But I have to say Fairy Tail kinda deserves it, almost caught up with the manga and there were almost no fillers which is ridculous if you compare it to Beelzebub for example, that had during 60 episodes more fillers than Fairy Tail!

Nah, we don't have any confirmation on the amount of filler we'll be getting. It'll likely be between 13-26 episodes though.

As for the amount of filler thus far, it's pretty much entirely a matter of the show's choice as to how to adapt the series. Thus far they haven't had much filler because they haven't needed much in the way of filler. Using Beelzebub as a counter example to say they should have had more filler before now isn't a very convincing argument considering that Beelzebub was canceled at 60 episodes, while Fairy Tail is up to 124 episodes, and appears to be more or less set for another 52.
Mar 30, 2012 9:57 PM

May 2008
Thats great, finally some fillers. really sad about Lucy and her father. Dun worry lucy you still have your nakama .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 30, 2012 9:59 PM

Mar 2012
really good episode but so so sad :'(
Mar 30, 2012 11:45 PM

Jul 2011
I don't really mind the Fairy Tail fillers. They're quite funny at times and they are entertaining. But then again I'm not reading the manga so I don't always know what's going to happen next...

Mar 30, 2012 11:56 PM
Aug 2011
5/5

That preview! Finally some fillers. I for one cannot wait for them, it feels as though this is ganna be a blast! My Body Is Not Ready

They could do 13 filler episodes, then a few more cannon until it reaches the end of
Mar 31, 2012 12:33 AM

Feb 2010
filler time not looking forward to it^^
Mar 31, 2012 12:52 AM
Feb 2012
fairy tail has more enjoyable/better fillers than some of the other shonen animes (bleach..) so I am looking forward to it ^^
I desire money. Not because I am poor or because I am greedy. It is because with money I will gain power and with that power I will be able to change the world.
Mar 31, 2012 12:56 AM

Jul 2009
Oh Fairy Tail, how you always find the right strings to pull. Cue the music and I'm automatically bawling my eyes out.

Few seconds later, and I'm laughing.

And LOL, the chart. Gray and his harem.
KurogashiMar 31, 2012 12:59 AM
Mar 31, 2012 12:56 AM
Nov 2011
FILLERS, FINALLY <3. I love them, since by reading manga nothing is a surprise for me.
And it appears there will be NaLu <3. Awesome.

Nice episode. They showed Lucy reading letter better than in manga. So heartbreaking.
Mar 31, 2012 12:58 AM

May 2010
Awesome..I love heartwarming episodes like this..Lucy lost her dad,so sad.
Mar 31, 2012 1:37 AM

Oct 2011
Loved this episode, captured that part in the manga brilliantly. T_T
Plus, I think this point was the PERFECT part to start a filler arc. Doesn't interrupt in the middle of anything important(Natsu and gang just run off for a job), and it's getting a bit closer to the manga,so I think the pacing was perfect. If there is NaLu next episode, that'd be pretty epic... xD
There could be a new OP/ED next episode, so I will greatly miss the current ones if that happens... especially the ED(so emotional and moving T_T)...
Mar 31, 2012 2:03 AM

Feb 2012
I can't wait for the next episode. ^^ From what I could tell it seemed like a NaLu moment >:3
Mar 31, 2012 2:24 AM
Feb 2010
hewhodoesnotcare said:
fairy tail has more enjoyable/better fillers than some of the other shonen animes (bleach..) so I am looking forward to it ^^

For a series that never had more than 5 fillers in a row, that is a very daring thing to say.
Mar 31, 2012 3:55 AM

Feb 2012
GrayArchon said:

Nah, we don't have any confirmation on the amount of filler we'll be getting. It'll likely be between 13-26 episodes though.

As for the amount of filler thus far, it's pretty much entirely a matter of the show's choice as to how to adapt the series. Thus far they haven't had much filler because they haven't needed much in the way of filler. Using Beelzebub as a counter example to say they should have had more filler before now isn't a very convincing argument considering that Beelzebub was canceled at 60 episodes, while Fairy Tail is up to 124 episodes, and appears to be more or less set for another 52.

So at least a season full of fillers, you say?

No no, I didn' want to say that they should've done more filler by now, I think it was quite surprising and good for us that they didn't do many filler (not more than 10 I would say). Beelzebub started really early with fillers and there's no way that they knew at that point that the show would be cancelled. I simply like what the producers did with Fairy Tail in terms of filler.
Mar 31, 2012 3:56 AM

Dec 2011
Geez this ep made me tear up soo much, Fairy tails OSTs are really heart wrenching T_T.
The feeling of losing someone who you think didn't have any love for you at all but in the end they always have, and not being able to tell them that to. Your very strong Lucy.

btw does anyone know the thing that happened to Ultear, melody and Jellal?
Mar 31, 2012 4:32 AM

Feb 2012
Asakurabaka said:

btw does anyone know the thing that happened to Ultear, melody and Jellal?

Yes, I'm not sure what you mean, but I'll put it under a spoiler tag, so be sure:
Mar 31, 2012 5:47 AM

Aug 2011
Good episode. Too bad fillers are inc :(
Mar 31, 2012 6:31 AM

Jun 2010
Fairy Tail rocks. Even though Im reading the Manga, I still enjoy the Anime. Not like Naruto and others.

Btw, this is epic:

lol~
Mar 31, 2012 6:32 AM

Jun 2009
Do not care about filller just bring out something tasty
Mar 31, 2012 7:06 AM

Apr 2008
Roloko said:
Yeah next week the filler starts.

I don`t mind the FT fillers, they`re actually great too xD
--

Quite the sad ep :(
And great too, with Master becoming huge like that XD

Mar 31, 2012 7:15 AM

May 2010
-MgZ_ said:
Fairy Tail rocks. Even though Im reading the Manga, I still enjoy the Anime. Not like Naruto and others.

Btw, this is epic:

Lol,Gray is in love with Lyon??? & when did Lisanna fall in love with Gray,I am pretty sure it is natsu.Juvia you are hilarious,lol.
TragicRomanceMar 31, 2012 7:20 AM
Mar 31, 2012 7:38 AM
Feb 2008
Wow after watching over 200 anime, this was the first episode from which I got tears in my eyes. Didn't think this would ever happen ...
Mar 31, 2012 8:01 AM

Jun 2010
I feel bad for Lucy....she was really looking forward to her dad :(
Fairy tail filler is actually good, I dont mind it ;)
Mar 31, 2012 8:02 AM

May 2010
Knew what was coming, yet I still cryed when Lucy did.
So much more emotional then in the manga.

5/5
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Mar 31, 2012 8:18 AM

Mar 2012
I rather have a 20+ episode filler arc than just have Fairy Tail go on a hiatus for 6 months, or even a year. Or it being just outright canceled -- that would suck. As long as there are fillers, they'll be something new (and entertaining) to watch.

Speaking of fillers in other anime, Naruto Shippuden has by far the worst fillers out there (by averaging the results from the weekly polls).
Mar 31, 2012 8:38 AM

Dec 2008
All dem emotions! <3 Loved it.
Woo!! Fillers next week! Erza in her prince outfit! :D Yes, I look forward to Fairy Tail fillers.
Mar 31, 2012 9:00 AM

Apr 2009
Fairy Tail renegotiating their debt was hilarious, I bet the Magic Council will be happy to see them back to normal.

Lucy's part of the episode was actually pretty sad and touching. Loved the music as usual.

On average I tend to like Fairy Tail's filler, the Fairy Tail race is one of my favorite episodes of the entire series. But 13-26 episodes straight... maybe I'll take a break for a few months and then marathon them.
Mar 31, 2012 9:07 AM
Oct 2009
Guys, you're forgetting something:

Mar 31, 2012 9:25 AM

Aug 2011
Lirina said:
Wow after watching over 200 anime, this was the first episode from which I got tears in my eyes. Didn't think this would ever happen ...

me too... x' )
Mar 31, 2012 10:12 AM
Feb 2010
Lirina said:

*sees list* Ah that explains things. :)
Mar 31, 2012 10:18 AM

Dec 2011
Wendy wants boobs. XD

Don't worry, you're in a shonen anime so you're BOUND to get some, my dear Wendy.
Mar 31, 2012 11:12 AM

May 2010
I cried towards the end with Lucy reading the letter...It's really sad if she had been there a month earlier she could have seen her father (/TT~TT)/

Looks like fillers are coming in..Fairy Tail's fillers aren't so bad unlike other Shounen animes i've watched.
Mar 31, 2012 11:29 AM
Jun 2010
Very cool episode! I am loving more and more Fairy Tail *.*
Mar 31, 2012 12:01 PM
Aug 2009
This is the Fairy Tail I remember:

-great comedy
-dramatic moments that aren't the result of Deus Ex Machina
-NO FANSERVICE
-characters not doing or saying anything idiotic

It's been a long time since I've genuinely enjoyed an episode of FT, but now it's back in my good books :)
Mar 31, 2012 1:16 PM

Nov 2008
I'm not reading the manga, but could someone please explain the following to me?
(Without spoiling anything, if there is anything to be spoiled)

Were there actually members that left the guild during those 7 years? Since in the previous episode someone mentioned: "Have we lost members again?"
I checked the picture they showed of Bisca's wedding for a moment, but can't really tell, so, anyone?

This was a fairly nice episode again by the way.
Mar 31, 2012 1:31 PM

Feb 2011
Fairy Tail fillers? I don't mind at all. Also, new opening! :D
I would love to actually see some more comedy episodes, Fairy Tail comedy is awesome!
Mar 31, 2012 2:49 PM

Feb 2012
desolato said:

Were there actually members that left the guild during those 7 years? Since in the previous episode someone mentioned: "Have we lost members again?"
I checked the picture they showed of Bisca's wedding for a moment, but can't really tell, so, anyone?

I honestly don't remember someone missing from the main cast of the guild. But of course the guild has lost many members, naturally they were guys you never knew.
I'll try looking up if someone we know is missing, now I'm curious, too.
ZhouMar 31, 2012 3:04 PM
Mar 31, 2012 2:51 PM

Mar 2012
desolato said:
I'm not reading the manga, but could someone please explain the following to me?

That is a good observation, I'll try to explain it:

X784: The Fairy Tail guild is the #1 guild in Fiore with roughly 100 members

December X784: Tenrou Island disappeared after it was attacked by Acnologia (Mavis enclosed it within Fairy Sphere in another dimension)

June X785: The search for any survivors and the whereabouts of Tenrou Island gets called off by the Magic Council

=> At that point the magic world had pretty much given up on finding any survivors and the top members of Fairy Tail were assumed to be dead. That's where most of the remaining 50-60 members probably left the guild to join other guilds with more job potential, better reputation, etc.

December X785: Bisca and Al get married (with the very few remaining members that stuck by), or the fact that they only invited the close friends only. That probably explains the"Have we lost members again?" comment in X791.

Summary:

X784: 100 members
X785-X791: the numbers dwindle, with the majority leaving in X785

End of X785: Bisca and Al's marriage (only close friends were invited).
Mar 31, 2012 3:02 PM
Feb 2012
Good episode.

Got to see Romeos flames ;o

Loved Erza reaction to Al and Bisca getting married. As well as Wendys to the drawing Reedus did of her future self xD

Lamia Scale appeared. Leon fell in love with Juvia haha. Juvia and her imagination is always win xD

Makarov went to see Twilight Ogre to talk about the loan repayment but took Erza and Mirajaine with him lol. Happy to see they bashed there guild up ;o

Lucy found out her father passed away, emotional moment there.

desolato said:

Zhou said:
I honestly don't remember someone missing from the main cast of the guild. But of course, the guild has lost many members, naturally they were guys you never knew.
I'll try looking up if someone we know is missing, now I'm curious, too.

Yes, that's right,they lost a lot of people. No core members. Was just unknown people, who didn't play any major roles.
Mar 31, 2012 3:09 PM
Mar 2010
desolato said:

Members have left, just not anyone relevant. Fairy Tail had just over 100 members in the guild. Of those, we've gotten profiles on just over 40 of them, and a few more than 20 of them were on Tenrou Island. So with the island vanished, that leaves about 80 members, about 20 of who we know in some capacity. 60 members that were essentially faceless background members can have 40-50 before we start to run out of buffer room for having random people in the background be some random person we don't know as opposed to an establish character.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Jan 11, 2010

95 by gannoncannon55 »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 123 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2012

147 by phantom346 »»
Today, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 122 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2012

170 by phantom346 »»
Today, 3:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ReaperEXE - Jan 4, 2010

113 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 121 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Mar 9, 2012

88 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 4:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.