Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2012 10:56 AM

May 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, that was an action packed episode.

Super roller coaster ride as well. They went a bit overboard. Apparently `tis the anime season to go nonsensical in plot developments and climaxes.

I'm not going to lie. I was super happy at the outcome even if it seemed rather convoluted and a bit contrived.
Mar 30, 2012 11:12 AM

Oct 2010
Symphogear just EPICgear totally in this episode except for the end. Now the sacrifices surely is nice but could they not like……………NUKE THAT SHIT? I mean come on! You use Charlie’s Angels in the following,

there for that shit? Could not be helped, that size of meteor could reverse the Earth’s climate into a cold age. Still a really sad fate it was for all of them but at least Earth’s saved and all heroes should be for that and protecting humanity. Sound End despite a little foolish.

Fine was totally nuts in the of following spoiler
she freaking pestered up all the city with Noise. I can’t even believe she might be the one summoning that shit all around the world much less even that she can summon big shit like those flying shits in the sky.

Hibiki’s Relic changed in the spoiler
looks like butterfly now.

Chris’s new transforamtion flying mini craft in the spoiler
not only pack a punch but it’s totally upgraded Heavy Arms Laser Type to say the least. Fires lasers instead of bullets and they look like homing. Mega Death Party upgraded basically.

Crazy ass bitch Fine is crazy ass bitch at what she did to the city in the spoiler
once fused with Durandal. HOLY SHIT! She fucking leveled half the city in one shit! My face was O_O with a CRAZY ASS BITCH! Basically.

Fine’s new dual fusion with Noise and 2 Relics in the spoiler
sure created some rather weird shit that got me vibes from Madoka’s monster design somewhat. That shit also fires laser beams similar to Chris’s manner or it can plain reflect back your attacks.

Still the explosions of Fine’s destruction in the spoiler
sure looked liked a A-Bomb. That’s quite something but it should have been something for a explosion form.

Really does suck they never made it really. It sucks really. Should have trolled us and made it they do come back. And they do! WE GOT TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLED! Look:

They come back with a beam of light! Wow! Now that makes my day! MY CHARLIES' ANGELS! Earth’s heroes in this series. Coming from the Sky for eternity to save Earth. Wow! I am hands down impressed.

This episode’s actions, SFX and amazing flow earned this series the from 8/10 to 9/10 with no problems.

What anime did to me: Hibiki got me into martial arts practicing around especially with her character songs so that PEPed me up a little.

Tsubasa’s songs really inspire me when I listen to them. May edit later.
Yumekichi11Mar 30, 2012 11:29 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 30, 2012 11:14 AM

Nov 2008
The end was a huge plothole, how Chris, Hibiki, and Tsubasa survived and what happened to them afterwards, were they injured or something, but a very happy ending, good anime but plotholes galore and with no manga, no way to fill them in, action was superb. Ryoko dying and turning into dust was sad.

7/10

Mar 30, 2012 11:16 AM

May 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Symphogear just EPICgear totally in this episode except for the end. Now the sacrifices surely is nice but could they not like……………NUKE THAT SHIT? I mean come on! You use Charlie’s Angels there for that shit? Could not be helped, that size of meteor could reverse the Earth’s climate into a cold age. Still a really sad fate it was for all of them but at least Earth’s saved and all heroes should be for that and protecting humanity. Sound End despite a little foolish.

This episode’s actions, SFX and amazing flow earned this series the from 8/10 to 9/10 with no problems.

What anime did to me: Hibiki got me into martial arts practicing around especially with her charater songs so that PEPed me up a little.

Umm, the girls all survived. And came back to save Miku and a lady from a small band of noise.

and Miku and Hibiki got their night watching the meteor shower.
Mar 30, 2012 11:29 AM

Apr 2011
the anime itself was ok, ending was so predictable. Nana-sama's songs however were fabulous. props to the staffs for using Gyakkou no Flugel again for ending
Mar 30, 2012 11:31 AM

Oct 2010
Cirris said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Symphogear just EPICgear totally in this episode except for the end. Now the sacrifices surely is nice but could they not like……………NUKE THAT SHIT? I mean come on! You use Charlie’s Angels there for that shit? Could not be helped, that size of meteor could reverse the Earth’s climate into a cold age. Still a really sad fate it was for all of them but at least Earth’s saved and all heroes should be for that and protecting humanity. Sound End despite a little foolish.

What anime did to me: Hibiki got me into martial arts practicing around especially with her character songs so that PEPed me up a little.

Umm, the girls all survived. And came back to save Miku and a lady from a small band of noise.

and Miku and Hibiki got their night watching the meteor shower.
Yeah I know, I just edited it. It was part of what I wrote I could not resist posting part of my thoughts but I still think the sacrifice and end were a little foolish. They could have nuked that shit and I don't know, maybe make Fine got nuts and be killed finally instead of the way they chose to present it.
Hoppy said:
Ryoko dying and turning into dust was sad.
Why? Bitch killed so many, no one should feel anything for her technically. I mean she may have tried to redeem herself but surely no one will redeem any of the killings she did as means to a end of trying to accomplish her goals.
Yumekichi11Mar 30, 2012 11:38 AM

Mar 30, 2012 11:55 AM

Jul 2010
An overload of action and that I'm happy about. The outcome was a bit of stretch to me but at least the trio survived.
Mar 30, 2012 1:51 PM

Dec 2008
Hoppy said:
Ryoko dying and turning into dust was sad.

I agree.
And I make a clear distinction between Fine & Ryoko.

Also....DAT ENDING! Not sure what to think anymore. 9/10.
Mar 30, 2012 7:44 PM

Apr 2011
Mighty good episode. I thought for sure Hibiki is gonna die...

Gonna miss this anime
Mar 30, 2012 9:19 PM

Jun 2011
They revived in episode 12 and manage to not die in 13

What is this, I don't even

= =|

Facepalm.
Mar 31, 2012 12:18 AM

Oct 2010
It was nice to see that they ended it in a happy end. Absolutely happy with it.
But I dont think that a 2nd season is possible Dx
Mar 31, 2012 2:33 AM

Dec 2010
so they just ignored the first episode? where hibikis friend cried? lmao
Mar 31, 2012 4:34 AM

May 2011
amare135 said:
so they just ignored the first episode? where hibikis friend cried? lmao

No, it's just that it seemed that the 3 girls went MIA for a bit and because of the circumstances they were assumed to be killed. So they most likely had memorial services for them and Miku was visiting Hibiki's shrine crying over it went the noise showed up again and the 3 girls returned.

Did we get trolled? Yep, bigtime.

Am I happy with the outcome? yep, bigtime.

Is it because Hibiki lived? not particularly. It's because our favorite lavender haired tsundere is back with her twin missiles of plenty.

shuncchi said:
It was nice to see that they ended it in a happy end. Absolutely happy with it.
But I dont think that a 2nd season is possible Dx

Ryoko/Fine's co-conspirators are still alive and well. Though some of their gruntmen were killed, the organization that funded them is still there. Noise are still being produced and attacking civilians. There's definitely room for a second season with the main characters also alive and well.

The biggest factor whether a series will get new season is the sales numbers.

The data for sales numbers for the BDs is still to be determined; but all indications is it's going to sell very well. Also, the tie in musical soundtracks for the series are selling incredibly well. Including the main theme song, "symphogazer" which was a #2 hit single. All subsequent "character" singles have registered top ten showings as well.
CirrisApr 2, 2012 4:37 AM
Mar 31, 2012 6:33 AM

Jun 2009
booo
Mar 31, 2012 8:10 AM

Oct 2010
Cirris said:
amare135 said:
so they just ignored the first episode? where Hibiki's friend cried? loam

No, it's just that it seemed that the 3 girls went MIA for a bit and because of the circumstances they were assumed to be killed. So they most likely had memorial services for them and Miku was visiting Hibiki's shrine crying over it went the noise showed up again and the 3 girls returned.

Did we get trolled? Yep, big time.

Am I happy with the outcome? yep, big time.

Is it because Hibiki lived? not particularly. It's because our favorite lavender haired tsundere is back with her twin missiles of plenty.
You forgot to mention that the MIA was due to space expulsion during the explosion of the Moon shard to be exact. It sent them projecting through space only to have them wake up later and thus they meet up like that. The blowout made them like that. Before they woke up and did what they did at the end, it took that long. Must have been a nasty KO blowout for it to be that long IMO.

Mar 31, 2012 9:25 AM

May 2011
RAWS were released a while ago

Lazy ass fansubbers ~.~
Apr 1, 2012 9:30 AM

Apr 2010
Finally finished this. Was going to rate it a 5 but that ending just totally ruined it.
Apr 1, 2012 11:46 AM

Aug 2011
I know fansubbers are busy, but...I WANT MY EPISODE. >:(
Apr 1, 2012 4:13 PM

Mar 2011
Solkiskey said:
Finally finished this. Was going to rate it a 5 but that ending just totally ruined it.
I dont think Persona4 is much better than Senki Zesshou Symphogear. :\
Apr 1, 2012 5:21 PM

Sep 2011
Where are the subs?
[center]
Apr 1, 2012 5:47 PM

Feb 2008
Now that was one bad finale. They managed to ruin that that wasn't even there to be ruined. The show was pretty enjoying, but mostly because of my love for power suits shows, and the singing part was pretty cool, Kamen Rider Macross heh. Nevertheless, the show was still bad and the only good things were Hibiki and the songs.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 2, 2012 12:09 AM

Apr 2008
Comparing to Chris, Kanade should still be alive
nseikaApr 2, 2012 12:37 AM
Apr 2, 2012 11:50 AM

May 2011
Oh come on, you mean to tell me they played them all as dead. But they couldn't let anyone know they were alive. Including Miku who was given access to the underground facilities?
Apr 2, 2012 12:14 PM

Sep 2009
I'm disappointed with last eoppisodes and the final. Hope for smth less typical and positive. Probably there would be no better hm... "male-oriented" mahou-shoujo than Nanoha. I mean something full of action, sci-fi and with maturing characters.

But still 8.5/10. Giving it lower score would be unfaitfull accordiong to a some worser shows wehich get the same score from me.
Apr 2, 2012 12:20 PM

May 2010
very actionpacked and extremly flashy episode. i almost got a seizure.

anyways. 4/5
5/10

average
Apr 2, 2012 12:27 PM

May 2011
Ahh, dam, I knew Hibiki and the others isn't dead.

All in one, it was nice anime.
Apr 2, 2012 12:39 PM

Nov 2008
Gah, this show really was a waste of time, and that pains me a bit to say, when Nana Mizuki and my lovely Ayahi are part of the cast.

Besides the insert songs there really wasn't anything going for me in this show, and c'mon, again everyone survives? (Okay, except for Kanade, but at least she didn't die in vain.)

That melodramatic scene from the first episode, I was actually hoping for it to happen, but blah. And I don't say that a lot.
Apr 2, 2012 12:47 PM

Aug 2010
The girls look cool fighting but the ending was really out there. It was enjoyable, though.
Apr 2, 2012 1:46 PM

Feb 2012
Tons of plot holes and bad writing, but the music, design and world setting made up for it for me.

That last episode was amazing, it makes up for the bad writing of the rest of the series, especially given the writers are relatively new.

7/10 for me. Now hurry up and release the Hibiki figma!
Apr 2, 2012 1:59 PM

Sep 2011
The show wasn't technically good, however, I enjoyed it. I think the music and fights distracted me from how bad the plot was overall.

I love the music, I can't get enough of it. I guess I'm a sucker.
[center]
Apr 2, 2012 2:29 PM

Jul 2009
I was going to rate this as below average (6) since there where times that wasn't totally ridiculous, contracting and damn right annoying but actually somewhat entertaining.

However after watching the epic shit ending I feel anything above 5 is just impossible.

What's the bloody point of a 'heroic sacrifice' if the characters don't stay dead -.-'
Apr 2, 2012 2:39 PM

Jun 2009
Ahahah, no. That ending was so fucking bad, episode was just as bad as well. It somehow was an entertaining series to watch though, until episode 9 or so. I wanted to rate it down to 1 aftet this end but looking at 1st 9 episodes, i'll give it a 3.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 2, 2012 2:45 PM

Apr 2009
Troll physics, incredibly poor animation, deus ex machina everywhere, numerous resurrections, pathetic dialogues, and story which in the end doesn't make any sense at all. I have to say that I've never seen an ending of such poor quality as this one here - I enjoyed the first half of the series, I'll admit it, but from the eighth episode onward it's an almost vertical downfall towards the Sixth Circle of Hell.

The idea was good, premise didn't suck, characters weren't all that bad, music was passable... and yet they managed to fuck it all up. I can forgive creating a mediocre something of a pile of useless junk. That's okay - you did your best, and that's fine. But if you have some decent tools and material and yet what you produce proves to be a piece of crap... then it's just waiting resources.

2/10. Haven't watched anything that horrible in a longer while.

Apr 2, 2012 2:53 PM

Oct 2011
so just summing up all above
bad animation, poor logic, weird characters and so and so
plus being actually entertaining (maybe because of this I think)

and how strong was Fine :D to pull out piece of Moon... delicious part with that musical later
so silly yet charming in some way

so 7/10 for being so bad and not puting it with "boring and bland anime" part of my list :)
Apr 2, 2012 2:58 PM

Aug 2009
Hahahahahahaaha, this was so fucking ridiculous, I can't believe anyone can take this shit seriously.
4/10, considering rating it a 3. My god, this was just... so hilarious.
Apr 2, 2012 3:01 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, what an extremely sappy ending. Like there won't be any other consequences when part of the moon's missing! Good thing Hibiki came back in the end though.

In the end the series wasn't as good as I hoped it would be Most of it was bland and the ending was ridiculous, but some earlier episodes were pretty good so I'll give it a 6/10.

Apr 2, 2012 3:05 PM

Aug 2008
Absolutely terrible show, but I can't help that enjoyed it to the fullest. 6/10
Apr 2, 2012 3:10 PM

Jun 2008
Holy...that ending was awful. I enjoyed the series enough to give it a 7/10 overall but...wow.

Also not enough yuri.
Apr 2, 2012 3:13 PM

May 2011
That episode kinda redeemed it until they kept jumping back and forth with whos dead and what not.

The animation was the only thing I liked about this

The rest was immensely disappointing
6/10 and I'll stand by my review nothings changed
Apr 2, 2012 3:19 PM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
Wow... this was bad. Really bad. It's been a long time since I forced myself to finish a show.
Apr 2, 2012 3:21 PM
Feb 2012
Daaawww... I was hoping Hibiki would pull out Gungnir, but alas she didn't, making me a bit sad.
Not as sad as the fact that this show ended though... I will miss it like hell :(
Apr 2, 2012 3:31 PM

Jul 2008
razisgosu said:
Solkiskey said:

It's kind of hard to take you seriously when your rated anime makes absolutely no sense.... Seems to me like you just put a random number next to your completed series.

Look who is talking.

HKenji said:
Solkiskey said:
I dont think Persona4 is much better than Senki Zesshou Symphogear. :

Symphogear was bad on so many level while P4 was actually decent.
Only redeeming point of Symphogear was everything related to sound which wasn't enough to save it from the low average animation, horrible execution and the convenience abuse script.

Never thought I would defend P4 ever but oh well look like it

Ep 1 was glorious which hooked many people into watching the show yet it didn't took long before the quality dropped by a lot.
Apr 2, 2012 3:31 PM

Nov 2011
Meh, not a bad series although not something that I'm going to remember for a long time.

8/10 for me.
Apr 2, 2012 3:52 PM

Oct 2007
Too awesome for a show that is so terrible.

It would be a lie if I said I didn't enjoy the show, well in the wrong way, if that is what you want to know. 7/10

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 2, 2012 3:55 PM

Aug 2011
I dont kno wat to say...I loved the series overall but the last episode just felt too predictable. I didnt expect them to come back, but once I say Miku cornered I knew someone was gonna save her...cuz she definitively wouldn't go super sayian...and Hibiki immediately popped into my mind. I want to giv it a 9/10 but im not sure. leading up to episode 10 I was sure I would giv it a 9 but not sure anymore.
Apr 2, 2012 4:18 PM

Oct 2011
THEY DIDNT DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY call me a loser but this will stay a 9/10 forever on my list
Apr 2, 2012 4:29 PM

May 2009
What a clusterfuck, I'm not even mad. Asspull happy endings are quite rare (next one will be Mirai Nikki).
Can't decice between 5/10 and 6/10.
Apr 2, 2012 4:41 PM

Mar 2011
13:

I was right! Chris survived the laser that took a massive chunk off the moon, she's lucky isn't she? Back in my day that'd be kinda fatal. There's the scene where Fine pulls the fragment of the moon down, I sort of thought to myself that the show is so stupid that I wouldn't complain, but that was...

Look, let's ignore the fact that she managed to make that chunk of the moon fall in the first place, assuming the moon fell at the speed she pulled it, it would take ages for the moon to crash. The moon is close astronomically, but it's still 384,000km. Even if she pulled it to a speed of 1 km/s, it would still have taken a significant amount of time to start burning in the atmosphere, like over half a year. To get it burning in 3 minutes... she must have been dragging it at 2000 km/s. If that had hit the Earth, it would be so fucked it's not even worth explaining.

Okay, let's say that piece of the moon was about 1/8 of the size of the moon, so about 9.2x10^21 kg, she pulled it at around 2000km/s. So it would have a kinetic energy of 1/2 mv^2, so about 2.84 x 10^34 Joules of energy. The power of the sun is 3.939×10^26, so she just outdid the sun by a factor of a 100 million. Wow, those Symphogears are powerful.

It seems the series didn't have the stomach to kill Hibiki, so it turns out that they just hid her, Tsubasa and Chris from Miku. My god they are awful. 3 months they told her that her friend died, and then they casually go... okay, she can know now.... If I were Miku I'd be really pissed off. Hibiki doesn't seem to even comprehend she just fucked over her fried emotionally for 3 months, and it's all smiles. What the hell?

The Series

If I was to say that there was one word that summed up this series, many people would give their guesses, but I imagine they would all approximate to this: Stupid.

I started liking the show for it's earnest stupidity towards the end, but it's so truly terrible it makes Guilty Crown look better. This is unusual for me to do whilst summing up a series, but I will now list how stupid it was in various areas:

Setting

• So the Noise come along frequently, attack people, killing them upon touching them, and wreck havoc. Large death tolls every time. If this happened, first of all the population would be much lower than usual, secondly people would be much more hesitant about leaving the house and going outside, say I lived there:
    Me "I fancy taking a walk through the streets today, so I can look at the pretty flowers and the buildings"
    Someone "But what about the Noise? If there'a an attack whilst you're outside, you'll probably die, and they attacked 3 times last week".
    Me: "Hmmm, you make a good point, much as I like walking, I like living more... I guess I won't go out unless necessary."

• WHY THE FUCK DO THEY LIVE THERE ANYWAY? Quite clearly the Noise attack there more than most places. Perhaps they can't afford to move because their house prices crashed.
  • A: "So, where do we establish a secret base? Be aware we need to construct a massive underground tower for no reason as well...." B: "I know, since Tsubasa needs to go to school, why not have it under the school?" A:"GENIUS!!"
  • The underground tower had a secret use for Fine, but for everyone else, what was it's purpose? Aesthetics?
  • More stuff about the worlds lax attitude to the curse of the noise. Apparently they've actually been around for some, yet everyone is still surprised by them, and all the world has to offer in defense are a couple of powered up highschool girls? ><

Characters

• "You're just like a girl from an anime"/"If this was an anime"/"This isn't an anime" girl was annoying at the beginning, though towards the end I found her stupid failed meta comments almost endearing.
  • I found Hibiki "I preach my shit to everyone" Tachibana to be rather annoying at times, especially when at the end she was preaching shit to Fine about random crap that was a waste of effort since she was the bad guy.
  • "You have the shards that were in Kanade! YOU'RE TRYING TO TAKE HER PLACE!!! I HATE YOU"
  • "I hate you, but you've just pointed out how messy my room is. Okay, I like you now."
  • "We can't be friends anymore because of... urm... you keep missing classes and you're being secretive!"
  • In a better series, Chris would get a lot of mentions, but here she's the most understandable and reasonable character by far.

Plot

• I'M GOING TO DESTROY THE FUCKING MOON BITCHES!!
  • I wonder who Fine is? She has a secret identity, but who could it be? It's Ryoko?!?! OMG, SURPRISED!!
  • Chris "I'll make peace by beating the crap out of those who fight!"
  • Exceeding the power of the sun by a factor of a billion.

Art and Animation

The Music

• I quite liked the ED.

If I were to rate the quality, it'd be 2, but I feel like giving it a 3 because I quite enjoyed it towards the end. Since I hated it up til episode 8, I'll give it a 2.
InfiniteApr 3, 2012 4:50 PM
Apr 2, 2012 5:41 PM

Mar 2011
the torture is over... 3/10, because 2 is reserved to mars of destruction
Apr 2, 2012 5:45 PM

Jul 2009
Ya know, you can't sing in space. Cuz it's vacuum. Also you can't breathe. So you die.
And dem Americans would nuke that moon first.
And the ending is shit.
5/10.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 9, 2012

58 by IssunWriter993 »»
Feb 4, 10:16 PM

» New movie announced

Piromysl - Dec 1, 2023

3 by KanameYuuki »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jan 6, 2012

265 by rsc-pl »»
Nov 22, 2023 1:11 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Feb 10, 2012

64 by WaffleMaster89 »»
Oct 20, 2023 6:42 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Jan 13, 2012

151 by WaffleMaster89 »»
Oct 10, 2023 10:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.