Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 16, 2012 8:11 PM
Jun 2010
I find it hard to believe he intends for both of these novels to be "different" universes. He's basically made pretty concrete references to SAO in Accel World and references to Accel World in SAO.

SuiaerlSep 16, 2012 8:38 PM
Sep 16, 2012 10:35 PM

Apr 2008
Seeing the OVA, seems like Haruyuki already know her name.
But then, she's the vice president of student council, so it's hard to belief many would find it difficult to look for her real name.

BTW, if in the end it's revealed that their real world is also a VR and Kuroyukihime real name is Kirito, would anyone's head be blown ? :D

bruce19 said:
Her real name is also Ruri Gokou
Kuroyuki ==> Kuroneko
Close enough XD

MorningGlory said:

Its just a guess LOL
Sachi, after the name of someone who changed daddy's view of life. :D
Now if the elder sister's name is Yui…
nseikaSep 16, 2012 10:39 PM
Sep 16, 2012 10:39 PM

Feb 2012
I'm pretty sure we've been over this before but, didn't the author of sao (same as accel world) say there is no direct connection between characters?

You guys keep speculating because you want it to be not because there is reason for it to be. When you have the same author similarities are inevitable your going to see them regardless.
Sep 16, 2012 11:06 PM
Jun 2010
MidnightPride said:
I'm pretty sure we've been over this before but, didn't the author of sao (same as accel world) say there is no direct connection between characters?

You guys keep speculating because you want it to be not because there is reason for it to be. When you have the same author similarities are inevitable your going to see them regardless.

I did in fact read the statement that he did in fact say that the two stories took place in different worlds / universes. I do agree in a lot of ways I probably am looking for things to fit a mold. Though I'm not exactly sure I believe it just because he said it in an after word. He could have meant when he originally started writing, or that cross-over arc located within that chapter.

Also - granted similarities in stories and characters are bound to happen when written by the same author. Though for someone who created basically an entirely new world and mechanics every 2 novels in SAO and a constantly changing world in AW...for two characters to have identical moves...is a bit strange. He easily could have come up with a unique move list for her duel avatar. Thus between the lack of originality (from someone who clearly doesn't lack it) as well as blatant references in both places makes it a bit shakey to just say "he said so thus it's unpossible". I could give you the same name / etc being similar being a homage thing. You could argue the references to Accel World being what comes later in SAO also a homage to try and make Accel World more popular (as far as I can tell SAO seems to be doing significantly better as far as viewing / interest of viewers goes, but that might just be in the US). Though the reference from Accel World to SAO in an extremely recent episode wouldn't make a ton of sense. It being a predecessor that is.

As the person previously stated, for someone who is "saying" they aren't linked he sure is doing a terrible job at it. From anything I can tell when he writes this is that it's not like this author to leave huge flaws in logic like that without a reason. Thus, yes, parts of it are I think it'd make the story much more interesting if it were true so I am trying to fit it. Though it's a little sketch for someone to say they aren't related than brazenly put references in both series saying one was the predecessor to the other. Call it may, but that's a bit non-logical, and for someone who tends to write thinking rather far ahead I find a bit more then coincidence.

Edit: I actually find it more suspicious that he felt compelled to say the worlds aren't related. He is intentionally trying to create mystery around what her name is, for some reason somewhere along the lines. Saying they are separate worlds in a way runs contradictory to that purpose, as it removes this whole chain of discussion people would think / debate. Much like I doubt it's not a coincedence her abilities mirror Kirito's I don't think the omission of her name so many times intentionally to the reader is something trivial like they want her to seem mysterious, but more because it's an interesting plot twist that relates to the origin of the game.

SuiaerlSep 16, 2012 11:21 PM
Sep 17, 2012 3:52 PM

Jan 2008
Kirigaya Sachika. You heard it here first.
Sep 17, 2012 7:39 PM

Jun 2010
What the. NO! Why did you spoil us!?!

Hehe, just kidding. Her real name is still unknown as of date, anyway.
Sep 17, 2012 10:06 PM

Mar 2012
Well maybe it's Kiriyuki? maybe? because she said it's close to her name... and it's a combination of name Kirito and Asuna right?

"The End Justifies The Means"
-Niccolo Machiavelli
Sep 17, 2012 10:09 PM

Jan 2008
Wouldn't be surprise if it's some sort of variation of Yui.
Sep 21, 2012 6:40 PM

Jan 2009
last episode of Accel World season 1 revealed that Kuroyukihime has a nickname of Sachan so that means she is named after Sachi from Sword Art Online? i smell the Kirito and Kuroyukihime connection getting strong with that
Sep 21, 2012 8:35 PM

Apr 2008
Adding mud to the discussion
If that's so, why did her parents give it to the second child and not her elder sister ? :D
Sep 21, 2012 11:23 PM

Jan 2009
nseika said:
If that's so, why did her parents give it to the second child and not her elder sister ? :D

the elder sister is probably named Yui
Sep 22, 2012 1:35 AM

Jun 2009
Assuming that she really is Kirito and Asuna's daughter like many suggested...

Isn't it obvious?

Sachi!!
AirStylesSep 22, 2012 2:05 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2012 3:36 AM

Sep 2009
I still wonder if this phrase about Sach-chan was for real or they just joked(cause as it was said her seyuus name is Sachika)
Nachtwandler_21Sep 22, 2012 4:17 AM
Sep 22, 2012 4:01 AM

Apr 2008
It should be from the novel, so the similarity is just a coincidence
Sep 22, 2012 4:03 AM

Jan 2009
Nachtwandler_21 said:
I still wonder idf this phrase about Sach-chan was for real or they just joked(cause as it was said her seyuus name is Sachiko)

WTF your right Kuroyukihime aka Sachan's voice actress is named Sachiko (or Sachi for short) that cannot be another coincidence now - http://myanimelist.net/people/7337/Sachika_Misawa
Sep 22, 2012 4:20 AM

Sep 2009
nseika said:

Not necessarily. There's still a propability of scriptwriters joke. I didn't read AW LN's so I can't say for sure
Sep 22, 2012 4:39 AM

Jan 2009
Nachtwandler_21 said:
nseika said:

Not necessarily. There's still a propability of scriptwriters joke. I didn't read AW LN's so I can't say for sure

light novel readers also confirmed that Sky Raker did called Kuroyukihime as Sachan too here

The things that don’t exactly match up are that Sky Raker in Accel World call Kuroyukihime “Saa-chan,” which is nowhere near the name of Yuuki unless Saa-chan is some kind of nickname
source: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=462333#msg15893309

spoiler about naruto do not read if you are not reading the manga of naruto

degSep 22, 2012 4:48 AM
Sep 22, 2012 8:49 AM

Aug 2010
Yep it's decided...in the last ep Fuuko called Hime Sacchan so if she really is Kirito's daughter I think he'd call her Sachi.
Sep 22, 2012 4:18 PM

Jan 2009
ArcanusLim said:
j0x said:
nseika said:

the elder sister is probably named Yui

It's stated in both the SAO novel and anime that Yui will be Kirito and Asuna's first child.

"Well then, let's be sure to meet up with Yui-chan again on the other side. Our very first child." ~ Morning Dew Girl from Baka-Tsuki

darn their should be a "like" button in the forums lol... nice info dude!!!
Sep 22, 2012 4:28 PM
Jul 2012
Kirito and Asuna, they know.
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Sep 23, 2012 6:44 PM
Sep 2012
Since i have already read up until the Latest novel of SAO.

Maybe the author saying AW and SAO not related is maybe a bluff or what. We really cannot tell yet since it wasn't written by the author yet so he can change these things on the way he want.

Now for some thoughts on authors mind
SAO is going to AW
1st. He do have Kirito and Silver Crow Battle though it maybe a side story.
2nd. On one episode of AW nerve gear was Shown
3rd. The Ancestor of the accelerated world was first tested by Kirito on the Vol 9.

i would also like to give a + on thinking that Sacchan real name might be Sachi (which will be supporting the theory that kirito is the father of sacchan) since sachi is one of the girls kirito cant forget. If you read the LN you might spot some instances where he still remember sachi and what happened to her even though he isnt mentioning her name
Sep 24, 2012 6:52 PM
Jun 2010
Not sure it's a spoiler but to be on the safe side.

Sep 30, 2012 3:32 PM
Aug 2009
well, we can be sure now that her name starts with "s",

so Sachi seems quite possible actually
Sep 30, 2012 7:31 PM

Dec 2011
I liked this theory about her name being Sachi and the second child.

And anyway, get a motivation to read AW novel and finish SAO.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2012 11:32 AM
Jun 2011
The evidence is now simply too strong to discard the possibility. With the episode that shows the Nerve Gear to even pointing the correct year for its creation then there is no doubt that the story takes place in the same world/universe.

Sky Raker called KYH "Sacchan". Arita called KYH "Sa-" trying to call her by her first name. If Kirito were to decide a name for one of her daughter's it will no doubt be Sachi. Since some have said she has an older sister then she might bear the name of Asuna's important person from the volume Mother's Rosario. I don't think the first daughter would be called Yui. For them the AI Yui is their daughter. Another daughter could never replace their Yui.

What I still can't get straight is why she said her user name is similar to her real name. It might refer to her Yuki part of the username pointing toward her mother's last name Yuuki.

As posted on the last message there is also the skills of KYH : Vorpal Strike and Starburst Stream.

I think we really have hit home run. The author wants to hide the real name of her. Why? Because we would connect the dots too fast. He told us it might not be in the same universe because he doesn't want to spoil the surprise.

We might be wrong but there is some really strong evidence going here. Even more appears as Accel World and Sword Art Online progress into a intersection.
Oct 9, 2012 5:35 PM
Jun 2010
Falmung said:
The evidence is now simply too strong to discard the possibility. With the episode that shows the Nerve Gear to even pointing the correct year for its creation then there is no doubt that the story takes place in the same world/universe.

Sky Raker called KYH "Sacchan". Arita called KYH "Sa-" trying to call her by her first name. If Kirito were to decide a name for one of her daughter's it will no doubt be Sachi. Since some have said she has an older sister then she might bear the name of Asuna's important person from the volume Mother's Rosario. I don't think the first daughter would be called Yui. For them the AI Yui is their daughter. Another daughter could never replace their Yui.

What I still can't get straight is why she said her user name is similar to her real name. It might refer to her Yuki part of the username pointing toward her mother's last name Yuuki.

As posted on the last message there is also the skills of KYH : Vorpal Strike and Starburst Stream.

I think we really have hit home run. The author wants to hide the real name of her. Why? Because we would connect the dots too fast. He told us it might not be in the same universe because he doesn't want to spoil the surprise.

We might be wrong but there is some really strong evidence going here. Even more appears as Accel World and Sword Art Online progress into a intersection.

What this person said. I also have a suspicion that's slightly less based on fact.
Oct 17, 2012 4:04 PM
Sep 2012
I would say her name is Either Yuuki or (after hearing she is called Sa-chan) I would say her name could also be Sachi :)

i just want her to be Kirito and Asuna's daughter :D
Oct 18, 2012 6:21 AM
Jul 2011
I ultra extremely hope Kuroyukihime really is Daughter of Kirito and Asuna.
Oct 31, 2012 1:52 AM

Apr 2011
hmmm, I wonder if there would be a second season of AW or SAO... and in that season, they will reveal all the mysteries....
Oct 31, 2012 3:56 PM
Jun 2010
akira25ysai said:
hmmm, I wonder if there would be a second season of AW or SAO... and in that season, they will reveal all the mysteries....

I've heard rumors of them announcing a second season to Accel World when Sword Art Onlines season ends. Perhaps they'll announce another season for both. Though as far as I know this hasn't been answered in any of the Accel World light novels or Sword Art Online novels and as such the second season (unless spanning more than 26 episodes) wouldn't get passed book 8 of the 10 released (I think both have 10 released?). If it's sword art I doubt it'll get passed book 6 as book 6 was the longest one he's written and was almost double the size of the others :(.
Nov 1, 2012 8:56 AM

Oct 2012
I won't mind any name as long as it won't be yellow snow princess, lol XD
Nov 6, 2012 3:20 AM

Jun 2010
Suiaerl said:
akira25ysai said:

I've heard rumors of them announcing a second season to Accel World when Sword Art Onlines season ends. Perhaps they'll announce another season for both. Though as far as I know this hasn't been answered in any of the Accel World light novels or Sword Art Online novels and as such the second season (unless spanning more than 26 episodes) wouldn't get passed book 8 of the 10 released (I think both have 10 released?). If it's sword art I doubt it'll get passed book 6 as book 6 was the longest one he's written and was almost double the size of the others :(.

If AW2 and SAO2 would be released at the same time, then Haru badly needs a serious badass upgrade so that AW can beat SAO in popularity. Fortunately though, the Chrome Disaster Armor can hopefully provide just that.
Nov 29, 2012 7:43 AM
Nov 2012
Kinda building off of this guy's theory here: http://kasuka.net/2012/06/16/sword-art-onlineaccel-world/
If KYH was 'abandoned' by Kirito and Asuna, I think Yui would be asked, or wanted to, stay behind and look after KYH. So I think Yui became the 'white queen' in BB. And if both her parents abandoned her, that would have a big affect on KYH, giving her the 2 sword arms (you know 2 parents, 2 sword arms)
Dec 5, 2012 5:47 PM

Mar 2012
By this statement and somewhat connected to SAO and a theory of being the daughter of Kirito and Asuna so possibly her real name is Kiriyuki? just a speculation :)) what do you think guys... but I think it must near sacchan?

"The End Justifies The Means"
-Niccolo Machiavelli
Dec 16, 2012 8:28 PM
Dec 2012
I think it's Saiyuki ... From Sachan and Yuki .. She said her avatar name resemble her real name right?
Dec 16, 2012 8:35 PM

Sep 2011
According to the spoiler on her character page.
"Her real name starts with "Sa."" - Hopefully that's useful in some way.

Sa... Sa... Sam? Yeah. Never mind.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Dec 27, 2012 11:35 AM
Dec 2012
In my opinion, a lot of people say she's the daughter of Asuna and Kirito from Sword Art Online (which I think is true) so her name might be just simply Kuro Yuuki...because of her 'mother' Asuna Yuuki
Dec 27, 2012 9:32 PM

Jun 2010
I don't think Japanese parents would name their daughters "Kuro".
Dec 28, 2012 7:25 AM
Dec 2012
if she is realy Asuna and Kirito daughter maybe her name would be Kirigaya Koyuki
Dec 28, 2012 8:12 AM

Dec 2012
Thats just something fans came up with... Kuroyukihime being their daughter would be completely unnecessary, it has already been established that their worlds might be connected since nerve gear was shown but the MC being related would just kill it for me :x, anyway her name could be anything lol, her nickname might just be random and for fun
Dec 29, 2012 8:38 PM
Jan 2012
nekopanda1358 said:
In my opinion, a lot of people say she's the daughter of Asuna and Kirito from Sword Art Online (which I think is true) so her name might be just simply Kuro Yuuki...because of her 'mother' Asuna Yuuki

ninjaluc79 said:
I don't think Japanese parents would name their daughters "Kuro".

Since Asuna is the only child of the Yuuki family(and is kinda influential), it might be possible that they insisted on keeping the surname as it is. Isn't it common for Japanese people that if their daughter is an only child, they'd ask the 'to be husband' to keep the surname?
and I've also heard some Japanese people naming their children "Kuro"(though not frequent and maybe I just saw it on another anime or something)
Well, those are my thoughts and it fits the timeline and color schemes for the characters.
Kuroyukihime tends to like the color "black" equal to kirito :P
Dec 30, 2012 9:47 AM
Jul 2012
well if we divide how they call her
is a nickname:
Kuroyukihime = Kuro yuki hime = 黒 雪 姫 = Black Snow Princess

snow is not ok ... why snow.. if she is black king

for me she ad yuki between her name
i think her real name kurohime - black princess
Jan 3, 2013 11:20 PM
Nov 2012
cccharry13 said:

for me she ad yuki between her name
i think her real name kurohime - black princess

I think kurohime would be kirito's pet name for KYH, you know 'daddy's little princess', which is popular in America. And if I remember the story correctly, Kirito gets invited to America for some reason that I cant remember. >~<'
Jan 5, 2013 2:17 AM

Apr 2011
Sayuki..?? maybe..xDD
Jan 5, 2013 5:55 AM
Nov 2012
I personally think it's Sachiko, but thats just some speculation that her nickname is 'Sacchan' and she says the first character of her name is 'Sa', and her voice actor's name is Sachiko.
Jan 16, 2013 7:02 AM

Feb 2010
If Kuroyukihime is really Asuna and Kirito's daughter maybe
Kirigaya Sachi

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jan 29, 2013 12:23 AM

Jan 2013
I'm pretty sure they're aren't going to tell us just like how they didn't tell us Kyon's real name in Haruhi Suzumiya -_-
Feb 21, 2013 11:22 PM
Feb 2013
this is what i think:
if you go to end of the second to last episode of season 2 in sao he notices the snow and since he is always in black so that is two parts of kyh name.
hope you understand what i mean :/
Feb 25, 2013 9:31 PM

Jun 2010
When Reki Kawahara first wrote Accel World and won the grand prize in Dengeki's writing contest for it under the pseudonym "Fumio Kunori",

Mar 1, 2013 11:48 PM

Apr 2011
ninjaluc79 said:
When Reki Kawahara first wrote Accel World and won the grand prize in Dengeki's writing contest for it under the pseudonym "Fumio Kunori",

woah o___O
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

453 by Orin23 »»
Feb 20, 4:14 AM

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.