Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 15, 2012 11:03 AM

Mar 2008
Really good series, even though I was quiet skeptical about it, I really enjoyed it.
I hope there'll be a second (or even third.. hehe) season someday, I'll definitely catch up with the manga.
It still felt more shoujo-ish then josei tbh (mostly because of the semi-love triangle and the way the characters look like), but in the end it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.
My only little complain would be the way all of the members were recruited (it was a bit too predictable, as far as I can still recall) and Arata's voice sounded a bit off to me (too old and "rough").
The music also shouldn't be forgotten, it got a bit repetitive near the end but it was really great and such a pleasure to listen to :-)
Vanessa-May 15, 2012 11:09 AM
Jun 3, 2012 8:04 AM

Aug 2008
I'm kinda unsatisfied with the last episode. But I like this anime as a whole~
SEASON 2 PLZ
Yep, I'm going to read the manga now. I want to know what will happen to the love triangle~
( ̄◇ ̄;)

Oh yeah, I like Do-S Taichi. mehehe 8D
Jun 7, 2012 9:40 PM

Jul 2009
Yeah,Chiahayafuru is really a fresh and impressive show :)
nice ending, impressive story, fresh OP Ost, cool ED Ost
Enjoy this shoujo much(even im not-a-shoujo-fans), so i would say 9/10 is acceptable score for chihayafuru :D

I really hope for Season 2, can't wait to watch it xD
Jun 19, 2012 1:26 AM

Feb 2009
Fantastic finale, it perfectly concludes a possible first season. This episode actually gives me incentive to start working hard for my own dreams, it's such an inspiring show.
Aug 10, 2012 9:09 PM

Nov 2011
Fantastic anime, I was smiling the entire time! ^_^

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Aug 30, 2012 10:21 PM

Mar 2010
It is among the best anime I've ever watched in my entire life. Completely breathtaking, every episode just pulls you in, the story and the plot is written really well. Although I really wished that they could've shown more of Arata but in the manga he is only starting to make a much more reoccurring appearance and a bigger impact to the story. Can't wait for the second season. I hope the dvds/blurays of the second season will sell well so that we will be able to see more of Chihayafuru in the future.
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Sep 25, 2012 8:25 AM

Dec 2011
This anime exceeded all my expectations. I initially scoffed at the idea of an anime based on something as obscure as karuta but damn, did chihayafuru prove me wrong (and I'm glad it did).

A solid 9/10 for me.
“I’m tired of all the nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want – an adorable pancreas?”

Dec 21, 2012 4:40 PM

Sep 2008
it was amazing episode!! I spend my time enjoying every second of this anime, though don't like that there will be new characters ;((
Jan 4, 2013 6:57 PM

Jul 2010
Hmm except for this one the last few episodes weren't as good as the earlier ones if you ask me, still enjoyed the anime a lot though :)

I'm looking forward how Chihaya will train her hearing and how things will go now they're all fired up, I am however, not looking forward to the new members who will be joing next season.
I'm afraid they'll screw up the good balance the club has and with 5 more members there's bound to be at least one (if not more) that'll be annoying and mess things up at some point... besides, forming bonds with new people will also take time = more needless drama and less focus on Taichi-Chihaya-Arata?

Why can't they stay the same, 5 people in the karuta club is enough for me... :)
Jan 5, 2013 8:48 AM

Aug 2011
Overall, it was a nice season finale.

I can't wait for the next season to air next week. I'd to see how all the new members are going to come into play, even though 5 members for the karutabu was easily enough imo.
Jan 21, 2013 6:02 PM

May 2012
Wow. I think that's probably one of the fastest times I've gotten through a 24+ full-length episode show in a long time. For good reason, too. I think Chihayafuru is honestly one of the best shows I've ever seen.

The execution is great, the art is amazing, the voice actors are all fantastic. The action is well-paced, the comedy well-placed, and the writing of the series is phenomenal. Definitely in my top ten of shows, all-time.

I crammed this in to my watching schedule so I could watch second season. Honestly, I assumed I'd catch up around episode five or six, but no. Less than two weeks. It says bounds about a show if it can be watched so attentively.

Great show, 10/10, can't wait to start that second season.
Feb 6, 2013 4:25 AM

Feb 2013
I finished the anime in 2 days.. almost breaking the record of me watching Juuni Kokuki.. ^^b

What an Awesome Anime! the story, the character, the artwork, even the Karuta Match! xD

It's instantly become my fave anime in my lifetime.. d(^o^)b
Mar 10, 2013 8:17 PM

Jul 2009
amazing series!!!

really enjoyed the season ^^

lol everyone thinks Suo lacks common sense XD

a foreshadow of what's to come between Arata and Suo!?!?! :D

lol Arata seems to be enthusiastic hearing Taichi :P

Desk soo smart being able to pin point Ayase's strong traits as well as help her achieve it!!!

a few chosen people have this kind of ability :P

Chihaya learning and acting those poems!

lovely!!

Taichi is gonna burn all those Daddy Bears of Chihaya >____<

Kana chan practicing as hell to become Kyoko!!

Miyauchi protecting the Karuta club!!

the group needs 5 more members for the club!

really love the season, definitely became one of my favorite anime's of ALL time.

the music, atmosphere everything is perfect.

im only disappointed that we only get to have Arata scenes late in the game(we didn't see him much really other than practice and so), plus the progression of love between Chihaya and Taichi is there, but it only appeared near the end of the season and it's still not enough.

hopefully they'll do a much better job on addressing these issues on season 2.

all in all gonna now watch Season 2!!!!

see you there Karuta players!!!

Apr 16, 2013 9:25 AM

Jan 2011
7.5/10
Apr 19, 2013 1:58 PM

Aug 2012
Damn, I enjoyed this a lot
May 14, 2013 1:22 AM

Jan 2013
I COMPLETED THIS SHIT IN UNDER 24 HOURS.
YAY!!!!!!!!!
It's been a long time since I was able to do that.

Anyways, great anime. 9/10
May 25, 2013 2:32 AM

Jun 2011
Gosh I just love the rivalry between Taichi and Arata although it's pretty much one sided lol <3 Bromance <3! Such a great end for the first season, will be onto the second season now :)
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 26, 2013 6:15 AM

Nov 2008
This anime all together was amazing.

Hoping to see Taichi make a move in the second season [lol]. Fingers crossed.
Jun 16, 2013 5:09 PM

Sep 2011
MY BODY IS READY! LETS GO SEASON 2!
Jul 2, 2013 6:02 PM

May 2012
The end of the first season is here! With a great final episode with new things right in sight, the second season must be full of new contest and adventures on their own! I loved this first season not by story development alone, the amount of action combined with the great characters and art really made it amazing!

This sure was a great marathon of this first season, so lets see what tomorrow brings in the second season!
Jul 14, 2013 9:07 AM

Sep 2009
it's done :) I really like the OP and ED of this series.
Lol at the ending.. it happened again just like what happened in the first episode XD
but she's a second year student now :)

> going to watch the 1st episode of 2nd season now.
Jul 18, 2013 6:51 AM
May 2012
This anime has been really awesome good thing is I started watching this show after the second season finished airing I hope the season 2 will be more amazing and Chihaya x Taichi please!!!!!
Jul 23, 2013 1:28 PM

May 2008
I love this series. I'm so happy there is another season.
Jul 31, 2013 10:36 AM

Sep 2009
Taichi practicing his swings made him raise 2 rank on my favorite character list. And his sadistism raise another rank. Way to go.
Sep 8, 2013 8:54 PM

Mar 2012
I think the show would have been a bit better without the first 12ish episodes that for the most part were just your average school club anime with some drama, when it begun showing the tournaments this show finally showed originality and brought something to the table to distinguish itself from the others besides the unusual anime theme of karuta...the only thing I think that really sucked about the show were a few forced drama insertions, but other than that I think this season is a solid 8/10, on to season 2!

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Sep 13, 2013 9:16 PM

Jan 2013
Very pleased with this series. It's a very simple story but it does a good job in driving home key points such as teamwork, trust, and hard work. The BGM is absolutely beautiful and arguably the best part of the series. I'm usually biased against anime that don't have romance in it but this work was kept me interested throughout. I'm looking forward to the next season. I hope Arata will play a bigger role.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Oct 5, 2013 9:51 AM

Apr 2013
This episode was a little disappointing to me,I was hoping they'd focus a little more on Arata but they even showed things from Kana's point of view more.This show really needed more focus on Arata in my opinion,it could be because he's one of my favorites.
other than that,it was a pretty good show overall,didn't expect I'd like it this much.
Jan 5, 2014 8:19 AM

Apr 2012
Excellent series with some great characters throughout. I was bugged into watching this and I'm so glad I gave it a chance. Overall 9/10

Kana was priceless in this last episode when her dreams were shattered and when startling Chihaya when reading the poems! ^_^
Jan 16, 2014 5:37 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Looks can be deceiving, Chihayafuru is everything that is not looking at it from the outside. I've heard a lot about, but I do not know why, just watching the key visual art, not induced people to look at me, then I decided a good time ... Ah! If I'd done it before! ^ ^ "
It has not been at the top in every episode in the beginning, but 95% of the plot was fabulous. Storytelling with some flaw in the initial part, especially the dramatic was handled badly, but the rest did not show any cracks. Comedy, characters, etc. Karuta explanations were thick! Great as the anime series, I was interested and enjoyed it so much, quite a bit of time! * _ *
Even this last episode was handled very well from start to finish! I can not wait to start the second season. : D

Final rating that 8/10 goes to 9/10! ^_^
Jan 18, 2014 9:56 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome anime! It's defiantly in my top 10! I give it a 10 out of 10! Now, on to Chihayafuru 2!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Jan 25, 2014 5:10 AM

Feb 2013
Oh my god I loved this anime so much. I gave it a 9/10 but I might give it a 10.
Apr 14, 2014 5:57 AM

Apr 2009
I so love this series! Gonna watch the season 2 now!

10/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2014 7:52 AM

Nov 2010
Suo and chubby Shinobu are really fearsome Caruta players
Taichi would be the one facing the Master instead of Arata next
Desktumo has given Chihaya some impressive information about her strength

This was overall an amazing series with the first three episodes on par with
"Forest Gump" to me
It grabbed me and didn't let go till the end, every three episodes or so I would shed a tear or have a massive dokidoki attack
There were so many interesting characters and depth on their back ground as well
Dr. Haruda is one fine teacher, but his rival Kitano made an awesome impact towards the end

I'm glad there's a second season to follow with romance, gameplay strategies and a having a master and queen dream as a goal
It's hard to believe such an old fashion sport could be so much fun and interesting
1lauMay 14, 2014 7:58 AM
May 16, 2014 9:15 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Challenge accepted Chihaya ^^

Scene ends just like it stated, Chihaya posting a flier about the Karuta club.

10/10

May 25, 2014 4:42 PM

Dec 2013
Great that Taichi finally managed to find some real motivation
May 30, 2014 9:22 AM

Jan 2014
i don't know about that class A for kana lol..

but this anime was downright awesome
i loved all the amazing characters! i loved the fact that they were all so distinct. i cant help but feel these characters were inspired by real people.

onto the sequel!
[right]
Jul 17, 2014 9:36 AM

Sep 2011
Let's see, I'm not really interested on Karuta, even after watching and finishing this whole season but I admit that I'm getting into this series. I also admit that I want to see more the romance department of this series but unfortunately that's most likely just a substitute since of course the main department here is sports, particularly Karuta, but like I said I'm not really interested on the said sport.

8/10 and I'm not sure anymore if I'm going to watch the sequel. Another reason about why I couldn't take to watch this is because of the obvious Taichi's efforts are getting wasted and I'm not really into that depressing situation stuff although like I said that the romance genre on this series is not the main focus.

Aug 27, 2014 6:47 PM

Jun 2012
I really dont think taichi can beat the current master, maybe arata but I really dont see taichi beating him. Its sad too because it looks like taichi will lose in both karuta and love.
Oct 14, 2014 7:53 PM
Aug 2014
I had mix feelings through out the show. I sped up the play speed to 2.0x + during matches due to a) even though it is sports, I got irritated with the mc losing confidence b) listening to the poems being read out several dozen times started to annoy me...

Well I hope season 2 will be more enjoyable/promising
Nov 20, 2014 10:18 PM

Jun 2012
The series was definitely good. 8/10.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Jan 1, 2015 6:12 AM
Jan 2013
1. I want to play Karuta.
2. They put quite a stress on the accent difference between West and East.
Jan 15, 2015 8:59 AM

Dec 2013
This show felt like any of the other team-fighting spirit anime. Like Kuroko no Basket or Gundam Build Fighters Try. I mean, really its so much about working together and winning.

I love this series overall, it drew me in, every episode was fun except 16 the filler. Loved it.

5/5 for this episode and 9/10 for this series. Can't wait to start S2!!!!

Want to see more Shinobu (normal version, the flat version)
And more of that grade schooler!!!!
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Mar 12, 2015 5:32 PM

Nov 2014
i swear to fucking god if arata ends up with ayase imma flip shit
Apr 22, 2015 12:53 PM

Nov 2014
Arata's phone is pink with girl-ish wallpaper XD !!!

Despite the main game being lame and boring, they managed to make the anime quite good.
Everyone is looking forward, working hard for their goals -lame goals :p-
Definitely hoping for better events for Taichi in season 2, he achieved nearly nothing in this season :(
Jun 9, 2015 2:41 PM

Apr 2007
Does anyone know the theme when the Master (Hisashi) was playing in the beginning of the episode? The classical-sounding one?
That part was damn good.
Sep 6, 2015 2:07 PM

Sep 2014
tfw I will never date a girl as beautiful and lovely as Chihaya
Sep 12, 2015 6:53 AM

Mar 2014
Current Ruler of Karuta . Sense of mastery .
Overwhelming boundaries .
Stronger inspiration .
Like how the bright rays shower upon you .
Dedication to be Better . Dreams of the cards .

My tears of joy for this Masterpiece .. It was just .. utterly amazing .
Season 2 , Incoming !!! I love this anime .. more than what it shown back .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2015 12:58 PM

Mar 2012
It was good but somewhere along the line I started enjoying it less. Probably has something to do with making it so that Taichi doesn't get into A class, the way that the Queen and Master win seems unfair (just feels like it's because they're supposed to be beaten by the MCs at the last part of the story and no one else), and the fact that this "sport" just isn't all that interesting to be entertaining for 25 episodes.

Still a good show with a great OST. Will check out S2 sometime.
Sep 15, 2015 1:06 PM

Jul 2012
Avenger-senpai said:
It was good but somewhere along the line I started enjoying it less. Probably has something to do with making it so that Taichi doesn't get into A class, the way that the Queen and Master win seems unfair (just feels like it's because they're supposed to be beaten by the MCs at the last part of the story and no one else), and the fact that this "sport" just isn't all that interesting to be entertaining for 25 episodes.

Still a good show with a great OST. Will check out S2 sometime.

Don't worry about Taichi and the others. Just watch S2 and you'll be satisfied!
Nov 8, 2015 3:17 AM
May 2015
Who was the guy introduced Chihaya to karuta? - Arata
Who is the guy Taichi is gaining inspiration from? - Arata
But people still hate Arata, very nice -_-
Anyway, this is one of the few shows which you can't miss. I didn't expect an anime about karuta( I had no idea what the hell is karuta before watching the anime) will be this much good. Realistic romance, adorable characters, outstanding background music and songs, magnificent art and lot more. 10/10 without a doubt. Hope we will be able to see ARATAxCHIHAYA in the 2nd season.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2011

216 by minnaslay127 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Oct 11, 2011

180 by saabiK »»
Mar 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2011

146 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 1, 2011

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Confucius - Oct 10, 2011

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 11, 2:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.