Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2012 9:46 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Everyone watching the game of someone who is pro, but is not good in personality. He won 4 times.

So that Queen also won.

All of them got depressed because both of the winners are really strong. Seems like Chihaya has an advantage?

Megane guy's been doing statistic and said Chihaya still has chance?! Arata and Taichi phone call, and he thought of strategy? His sempai came to Arata all of the sudden.

Chihaya reading poems and the kimono girl accompanying her. She told Chihaya that she's into reading the poems and wants to read for Chihaya, but didn't realize that it would take a long time...

Taichi, too, being serious and different after the phone call talk with Arata. To take the cards faster than the enemy. lol @ Taichi scary-ing Chihaya.

They are being differently serious.

The teacher is trying to protect karuta club from them getting away (because other teachers want to get other things in the room: too large for 5 people). She left a note to have 5 more people to be added in the club or to move the club room. lol @ Chihaya's posting the poster like very first series.

OP is ED. It was a refreshing series.
tsubasaloverMar 27, 2012 11:55 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 27, 2012 11:02 AM

Nov 2011
tsubasalover said:

No OP.

Hmm, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure there's an OP for this episode and the Ending was also the same.
Mar 27, 2012 11:02 AM

Feb 2012
This was such a good show :') It really got me into a sport I never really heard of and I hope I actually get the chance to play it. I love the show and it actually got itself into my top 5. Was anyone else hoping for a Tachi x Chihaya moment? Hoping for a second because they honestly can't keep it just at that!
Mar 27, 2012 11:05 AM

Nov 2011
Anyways, interesting episode although it didn't leave to my expectations. The match was somewhat interesting although I was expecting Chihaya to take the stand rather than a supporting character.

Great series though and worth my time watching although it did not make it into my top 5 for this season.

Karuta is serious business so:

Now, I'm hoping for a season 2 in the future considering its popularity and sales in Japan.

7/10 for me.
Mar 27, 2012 11:16 AM
Jul 2011
I need my season 2 ;_;
Mar 27, 2012 11:21 AM

Dec 2007
Fantastic conclusion. Really liked how it ended up going full circle with showing how the Karuta Club had changed in a year as well as the premise of new recruits to similarly be transfixed by Karuta. Couldn't really ask for any more for Madhouse. They didn't cut back on the animation at all even though the home video sales for Chihayafuru were quite lacking. I'd love a second season, but I'm realistic to know that it's most likely not going to happen.

5/5 for this episode,
9.5/10 for the series.
Mar 27, 2012 11:34 AM

Mar 2010
Damn good episode, lots of setup for a potential season 2

5/5 for the episode, 10/10 overall

gonna miss this show :(

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags for large images.
LunaJun 19, 2013 5:06 AM
Mar 27, 2012 11:35 AM

Nov 2009
8/10
There were times i was about to lower it to 7 because there were a little boring episodes and Chihaya is annoying. Jeez, marry karuta already! >.>
If someone else was the main character, it would've been better. I don't like her.

OMG! Taichi's moves! *faints*

God, Arata blushing when Taichi calls him, haha. How shounen-ai-ish xD.
Mar 27, 2012 11:48 AM

Nov 2008
I love Taichi...he is just too awesome.

Here hoping for a second season.....

For a last episode it was pretty good...
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Mar 27, 2012 11:53 AM

Sep 2008
Noooooooooooo not the Daddy Bears!

I was actually platinum satisfied with this last episode. It sort of consolidated all the characters working towards a similar goal... sans Nikuman. One of the funniest parts would be when Kana's dream was shot down momentarily by none other than Chihaya; who would have thunk that she would know something like that.

I wish there was some sort of conversation between Chihaya and Arata's sexy voice though.
Either way, 10/10, just like how it started.

FUCKING NEED SEASON 2 NAO!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2012 11:54 AM

May 2010
very good episode and a very enjoyable and lovely anime. i i was temped to give it a 9/10 but i expected abit more from it so its a very good 8/10;)

i soo want a season 2 for this.
Mar 27, 2012 11:56 AM
Mar 2008
basabeo said:
Was anyone else hoping for a Tachi x Chihaya moment?!

I was looking forward to that since the birthday episode, but... nothing happened. That's the main thing that disappointed me.
Anyway, interesting show, it has a great cast of characters, but I think it spent way too many episodes on karuta games. I would have liked more character development.
On another note, I'm never ever gonna play karuta, it's seriously a sport for masochists.
8/10

Bye Chihaya, and thanks for everything.
another_anonMar 27, 2012 12:00 PM
Mar 27, 2012 11:57 AM

Jul 2011
bakuramariks said:

OMG! Taichi's moves! *faints*

God, Arata blushing when Taichi calls him, haha. How shounen-ai-ish xD.

I'm a sucker for bromance!
I really love Taichi, he's such a complex and well developed character, I think he will be the one I'll miss the most.
Mar 27, 2012 12:00 PM
Aug 2011
Fantastic.
10/10 and going into my favs.

I didn't think something based on karuta could be this brilliant.

strontsmoel said:
I need my season 2 ;_;

Seriously. We can only hope.
It's just begging for another season.

basabeo said:
Was anyone else hoping for a Tachi x Chihaya moment?

ME.
It was disappointed when the credits were rolling and nothing happened.

We are getting more Taichi x Arata action more than anything.
Arata was blushing like a schoolgirl when he saw Taichi's call.
He probably did an inward squeal too.

EdenBaggins said:

I really love Taichi, he's such a complex and well developed character, I think he will be the one I'll miss the most.

Same.

Also, I wanted to see Sudo one more time.
standMar 27, 2012 2:39 PM
Mar 27, 2012 12:05 PM

Dec 2007
Loved it!! 10/10 for me!! Pretty good ending! It means that there is still hope for a 2nd season!!
Mar 27, 2012 12:09 PM

Aug 2010
...I am just going to miss the heck out of this show. Wellp, time for the manga.

10/10

(and I'd really like to buy this. Anyone? SENTAI?! PLEASE?! ;_;)
Mar 27, 2012 12:28 PM

Aug 2010
I want more queen (slimmed down).
Mar 27, 2012 12:29 PM

Jul 2010
the last episode is quite enjoyable.
overall : i love this show so much. 9/10 due to lack of conclusion in this season. if chihaya is a wasted beauty then this show is a wasted wonderful anime if they don't plan to make its 2nd season.
dammit i really hope to see chihaya as the queen and lover of either taichi or arata ( right now im supporting for taichi though. he deserves chihaya more and arata looks better as a lone wolf with meijin title. that would be my ideal ending :3 )
Mar 27, 2012 12:42 PM
Sep 2011
And so the show comes to an end, already having a new goal for the future: Gaining five new members in order to keep their old practice room. Kana also intends to become a certified reader.

It's an open end without having explored the expected love triangle but that's fine with me as this anime doesn't really need this in my opinion. It's already one of the best anime this season nonetheless.
Mar 27, 2012 12:49 PM

Apr 2009
I just hope that the ending card and the new subplot about the new members hint at a second season. This series needs one so badly....

5/5, 9/10. Best anime of the last two seasons.
NidhoeggrJul 5, 2013 10:10 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 27, 2012 12:56 PM

Aug 2008
I LOVE TAICHI AND I LOVE CHIHAYAFURU!
IT DESERVES A SEASON 2!
Mar 27, 2012 1:12 PM

Oct 2010
To much setup for a 2nd season not to be one

This show was seriously amazing and needs and deserves more
Mar 27, 2012 1:14 PM

Mar 2009
i need a second season :<
Mar 27, 2012 1:18 PM

May 2008
wow the ending didn't feel rushed!
10/10
can't wait for the manga to catch up with the anime!
Mar 27, 2012 1:29 PM

Aug 2009
Son of a bitch, IM CRYING! T____________T

I really really really NEED A 2ND SEASON!!! T____T

It breaks my heart how this show gets so little viewers when its so amazing T___T

THIS SRSLY NEEDS A 2ND SEASON! T___________T

10/10!!!!!!!!

I'm going to miss this show so bad! T___T

Its not going to feel the same reading it from the manga T.T

And I dont want to add 5 more people to the cast ;~;
I want it to stay the way it is ;~;
Mar 27, 2012 1:43 PM

Nov 2011
prismheart said:
I want more queen (slimmed down).

Same, I miss the old Shinobu :(
Mar 27, 2012 1:55 PM

Nov 2007
You're kidding me. You have to be kidding me.
There wasn't any conclusion to the character's relationships.
And I didn't mean the pairing way.
We still don't know... how Arata actually stands with Chihaya and Taichi. There just wasn't... enough.

If there isn't going to be a second season, what am I going to do?
I loved this show, but this episode disappointed me a lot.
Mar 27, 2012 1:57 PM

Nov 2009
I was pleasantly surprized by this show. Enjoyed it from start to finish and everything was perfect even tho it was about game I never heard of and seemed boring at start . Final score 9/10

I will strangle a puppy if this never gets 2nd season while tons of crap shows got their 2nd seasons .
Mar 27, 2012 2:00 PM

Oct 2011
Let's pray for the next season ; D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2012 2:16 PM

Apr 2011
Lazu said:
You're kidding me. You have to be kidding me.
There wasn't any conclusion to the character's relationships.
And I didn't mean the pairing way.
We still don't know... how Arata actually stands with Chihaya and Taichi. There just wasn't... enough.

If there isn't going to be a second season, what am I going to do?
I loved this show, but this episode disappointed me a lot.

I feel the exact same way. It was such a great show and then the last episode is just like- What.

Such an empty feeling :P
Mar 27, 2012 2:29 PM

Mar 2012
The ending was better than I expected it to be. I thought the last episode was going to be really tangential, but I like how it ended up adding some final depth to the main characters. Still, I have to say, it wasn't as good as I was hoping for, but nonetheless, the show as a whole was great.
I agree though; it NEEDS a second season. Arata still feels like a detatched character and I want to see what happens to the trio. And Taichi... must see more Taichi!
Mar 27, 2012 2:42 PM
Jul 2018
And thus, Taichi discovered the joy of sadism...
Need second season!!!>_<
Mar 27, 2012 2:50 PM
Apr 2010
I think it'll be another year until the 2nd part of the series, being that I think the anime is actually ahead of the manga. lol

5/5 for the ep, and 10/10 series

But yeah, it's so OBVIOUS that this needs another season or two. or a bunch of OVAs. >.>;;;
Mar 27, 2012 3:18 PM

Jul 2008
Season two PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 27, 2012 3:20 PM

Jul 2007
This was seriously too good... Superb animation, good voice actors, really nice music. It's obvious they worked really hard on this. 5/5 9/10 from me. It really needs a second season. It would be to sad to not have one when there are so many crappy anime that get way more attention. I hope it's popular in japan :/
Mar 27, 2012 3:21 PM

Jun 2011
SEASON 2 IS NECESSARY!
such a beautiful show. i loved every minute of it. i feel like the adventure has just begun for chihaya since she ultimately failed this season. there's clearly a whole lot more story that is there so to be able to see it all unfold until the very end would be delightful. arata and taichi's friendship going into full bloom this episode made me so happy. i will do a black flip when i find out there's a s2. until then, you'll always be in my heart chihaya. <3 much love - 9/10! :D
Mar 27, 2012 3:23 PM

Dec 2006
Nidhoeggr said:
Best anime of the last two seasons.

that.

I had never imagined that a "card game-anime" could entertain me like Chihayafuru did, is such a shame many people didn't even watch it because "the plot was not interesting".

I really loved and enjoyed it, there were not any episode I got bored, the characters were so likeable , specially Arata & Taichi x3. It really need a second season T^T PLEASE MADHOUSE!
(If they do then I would even buy the BD or something for support)

10/10 without a doubt
Mar 27, 2012 3:30 PM

Jan 2011
I was so glad they didn't go for a forced ending with a resolution of the love triangle or anything silly like that. Instead we got a solid setup for the second season (if and when it happens). I moved the rating to 10/10 weeks ago and I too was somewhat surprised that a show about a card game quickly became one of my favourites over the past two seasons. (Of course the series is also about the relationships between the players so that added to the enjoyment.)
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 27, 2012 3:54 PM

Apr 2011
Second season!! :D
Mar 27, 2012 4:11 PM

Jul 2010
I loved every minuite of this show. The story, characters, music, Karuta, I love everything about this. 10/10 this has become a new favorite of mine and I really hope that there's a season 2.
Mar 27, 2012 4:12 PM

Jul 2010
Oh god, Chiayafuru is actually over... Damn my Tuesdays will never be the same...
It also seems like a new season is unlikely,but as soon as the english translated manga catches up, I'll definently be reading that.
Anyways, a great final episode, I enjoyed how the anime seemed to follow the manga really well and the characters and how the ending since the manga doesn't really end there, just sets up for the next part (which if was an anime I would be sooooooooooo thankful for).
Anyways, I love Chihaya and this has been a 10/10 anime for me
Mar 27, 2012 4:21 PM

Aug 2011
Ok I want a season 2 now, and I want much more of Taichi being a sadist, and of course more Sudo screen time.
Mar 27, 2012 4:23 PM

Oct 2009
This episode was fairly disappointing... no sense of closure whatsoever. Hopefully it's some sort of setup for a second season. But the series as a whole was pretty good. 3/5, 9/10.
Mar 27, 2012 4:34 PM
Jul 2018
This show was beautiful :') loved watching it.
Of all the anime that started in Fall, this is the one I most liked. Hopefuly there will be a sequel. Probably alot more people will give a shot at karuta in japan now xD
Impassionate gods...
Mar 27, 2012 4:38 PM
Mar 2011
EminentFaith said:
This episode was fairly disappointing... no sense of closure whatsoever. Hopefully it's some sort of setup for a second season. But the series as a whole was pretty good. 3/5, 9/10.

yea, so many created cliffhangers than closures. some cliffhangers werent before and were actually created in the last episode. its like a whole set up for a next episode and seemed like they already know there will be a season 2

regardless, awesome anime!
"....i am the villain in this story"
Mar 27, 2012 4:51 PM

Feb 2012
amginex said:
EminentFaith said:

yea, so many created cliffhangers than closures. some cliffhangers werent before and were actually created in the last episode. its like a whole set up for a next episode and seemed like they already know there will be a season 2

regardless, awesome anime!

So I guess you guys are for an anime original ending or something?
Mar 27, 2012 5:09 PM
Dec 2007
Amazing episode for an amazing series. It most probably had the best atmosphere and characters of the whole 2011 year. 10/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 27, 2012 5:14 PM

Aug 2010
This show easily gained a 10/10 for me from the first couple episodes with little Arata, Chihaya, & Taichi.

I NEED A SEASON 2!!
Chihaya has to make it further in the competition!!
AND ARATA NEEDS TO COME BACK FOR GOOD xD
Mar 27, 2012 5:21 PM

Aug 2011
I could've sworn they were hinting some BL between Taichi and Arata in this episode! I mean, Arata blushed when Taichi phoned him -_-.

Anyways, I love how they ended it with the whole nostalgic factor and how the last scene was a homage to the first scene of this anime. Wow. I feel like dying in a hole now that Chihayafuru is over.

9/10 for me, so close to a 10/10 but I would've liked more episodes. If you guys liked this anime you should DEFINITELY check out Hikaru no Go. I get the exact same vibe from these two anime. And I rated Hikaru no Go a 10, too.

Oh, one more thing, PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE have a 2nd season! I hate how shows like Yuru Yuri are getting one but Chihayafuru is probably not. Sigh, just because not as many people have good taste...

And I just about jizzed in my pants when Taichi started swinging his arm. I am going to make him 3-D and marry him someday...
yamagoopMar 27, 2012 5:24 PM
Mar 27, 2012 5:43 PM
Oct 2010
If this episode doesn't scream To be continued... then nothing does.

Great series, I'm on the fence between 9 and 10 but I'll go with 10.
draker said:
On another note, I'm never ever gonna play karuta, it's seriously a sport for masochists
Well, I can't since I'm not even Japanese, but even if I were I definitely wouldn't.
... Karuta, like it's homonym in Inu x Boku, is indeed S. XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Oct 11, 2011

180 by saabiK »»
Mar 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2011

146 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2011

215 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 1, 2011

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Confucius - Oct 10, 2011

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 11, 2:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.