Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 25, 2019 2:29 PM

Aug 2017
I think this is a great episode to end the first season. It was beautiful to see everyone practicing so hard after they saw the Master and Queen matches on TV. And I am sure Kana will make a wonderful certified reader! She is overthinking way to much right now which is kinda cute haha. I am curious who will join the karuta club next season!
Feb 27, 2019 5:14 AM

May 2016
I really enjoyed this episode and the fact that Desktomu pointed out that fact about Chihaya was simply gorgeous. that ending haha.

Took me quite a time to finish this show cause of that had really great connection with the characters and it was such a great ride looking forward to S3 this spring. 8/10 Gambare Taichi >->
Mar 29, 2019 9:26 AM
Feb 2019
It kinda had me hanging. Lols. Anyways, I want these kind of friendship they had... And ummm. Honestly, I thought Arata had more screentime than Taichi.
Aug 2, 2019 1:52 AM

Aug 2018
Damn what a fun ride with this series
I need to finish 1 more season before season 3 come out this fall.

I never expect that im gonna enjoy this series a lot given that karuta didnt interest me that much when i start watching this.

The good narrative, plot, impressive character development, unique mc's and side characters are the strongest point of this anime. Even if i dont understand the game until now its still pretty enjoyable couz how interesting the story was. Its getting better and better in each episode.

10/10 for me

Sorry Ayase, but im gonna root for my Queen Shinobu this coming season xD
Arata has a chance to beat the current master and for Taichi he needs to be in Class A for first.

Pretty interesting who's gonna be the 5 new members next season
SOP-IIAug 2, 2019 2:02 AM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Nov 21, 2019 2:35 PM

Oct 2013
Rather calm episode, it didn't feel as the final one, although it was very enjoyable.

I'm glad I discovered this anime. Really good story, characters, beautiful visuals, music and general atmosphere. No need to add that karuta is really interesting game. :)
Dec 19, 2019 8:38 AM
Jan 2018
Needs 5 new members or they have to return the room a bit unfair i like how the empress has grown to like karuta lol

First season done it was really good/great looking forward to watching season 2 and see how Chiyaya improves as well as the other members

Hopefully we see more of the queen which I don't see why we wouldn't
Jan 4, 2020 12:48 AM

Mar 2015
This episode felt like it was setting up for the second season, which is fine. On we go!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 28, 2020 10:06 PM

May 2016
Why did this get such a high rating? IT was extraordinarily mediocre
Mar 28, 2020 9:35 AM

Apr 2018
First season is over!!!
Overall a good show there was some matches which annoyed me and some melodrama but I love main characters so It was overall enjoyable 7.5/10
#TEAMTAICHI
Mar 30, 2020 6:57 PM

Apr 2016
Oe's dream is to become a certified reader, how nice. Lol Taichi went full sadist mode. I like how Miyauchi defended the karuta club in the faculty meeting.

I gotta say there were a few lows here and there in this series, like Chihaya's annoying persistence in the beginning when recruiting members, and her continued incompetence in karuta matches, but I guess there's always room for growth. I'm just hoping she improves her game or changes something. Chihaya aside, everything else about this anime was great. I have high expectations for what's to come.

7/10
Apr 17, 2020 7:50 AM

Aug 2011
Aah, I love the Empress and how she defends them!!! Is there something wrong with me?! xD
Apr 28, 2020 11:30 AM
Feb 2016
Damn,I really liked the current male karuta master,but they had to nerf him like that by saying that chihaya is basically 1 card away from being on equal footing with him ? The author really needs to cut this nonsense, chihaya plot power is way too OP.

It was nice too see Arata's senpai help him with training,hoping that he gets back in to karuta again. Can't wait to see how good Taichi gets with the help of Arata. Mabye the days of him getting fucked over by the author are over now. The empress was really fierce in defending the club. I love how she turned from an annoying pest who was only occupied with the tennis club and now actually appreciates karuta as a whole. Hope to see more of her in season 2.

The last min of the ep was nice. Loved the throwback to the first episode with Chihaya getting scolded for hanging up the posters,but this time the empress telling her to add another one. For all it's fault,the show was goddamn enjoyable and I can't wait too see how season 2 is going to look!
Apr 28, 2020 8:25 PM

Nov 2011
I feel very fortunate to be watching this eight years later, since I get not one but two additional seasons as a result. This first season was great stuff, and I look forward to seeing more.
May 12, 2020 9:39 PM
Nov 2018
didn't think i would stick around to complete season 1. first 8 episodes had me thinking of dropping it, but once nishida joined the team, the episodes after hit lots of highs for me, especially the karuta battles. while i wasn't a fan of chihaya at the beginning, i do like her growth throughout the season. she's got an amazing character design as well. will definitely check out season 2 since i feel invested now.
Jan 29, 2021 11:15 AM

Nov 2019
I enjoyed each moment in this show.
Taichi is so sweet and wonderful. I love him.
Feb 28, 2021 6:30 PM

Aug 2018
Great
I quite liked Chihayafuru. Well now let's watch Season 2.
Feb 28, 2021 8:50 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
At first I liked it but I wasn't exactly sure why it was loved as it was but when all the members ended up together and Arata started to keep in touch with them, it started to click.

Definitely looking forward to watch the other 2 seasons, 8/10. Could've been a 9 if I started to love this at the very first episode... i could see the other seasons getting 9s tho.

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 8, 2021 1:38 AM
Apr 2020
Damn I thought we will finally get an pure Chihaya-Taichi alone moment there..

Man, this was such an amazing anime already. Gotta be honest here.. I enjoyed this more than 3-gatsu no lion. Maybe because of how complicated the shogi game was compared to Karuta. Well setting that aside, everything in this is freakin good. From the full view storytelling, amazing character developments, how the drama portraits on their daily life and challenges. I'm only on the 1st season and I'm already hyped up coming on what's next. 9/10 for this one (and probably for the rest of the seasons) . Imma watch the 2nd season quickly :)

I hope that the airhead Chihaya-chan will finally realize what's going on on her feelings coming on to the second one
May 24, 2021 8:37 AM

Feb 2019
Great ending.

Taichi's so awesome, and he looked really cool when he was practicing his swings. "Embarrassing"? Not at all lol

When Kana's dreams were momentarily shot down by Chihaya, it was pretty funny. I grew to like Kana more as the season progressed, and I thought her jubilation at getting a 30,000 yen club budget (and ignoring the club room issue) was pretty hilarious.

Great teacher too, Ms. Miyauchi. She started off a bit bitchy, underestimating karuta. Now she's its most stalwart defender. I wonder how the Karuta Club is going to recruit 5 members...

That last scene with Chihaya asking people to play karuta too was nice! I really like Chihaya. Wished there was more Taichi x Chihaya, but I think the anime didn't suffer from a lack of a romance. It made me really interested in karuta.

Can't wait to watch the second season!
Jul 13, 2021 11:38 AM

Jul 2015
Kana wanting to become a certified reader would definitely fit her with her knowing the meaning behind every card. Got to say its good to see the empress has changed a lot from not caring to supporting them to the best...altough getting 5 new members is quite the tough mission to accomplish.

Aug 9, 2021 7:43 PM

Jan 2021
10/10
This show has taught me a lot of things.
I really enjoyed this.
Nov 15, 2021 5:07 PM

Aug 2011
This series took me by storm and surprise. I binge-watched this and now onto S2.
Nov 23, 2021 10:00 PM
Jul 2018
#Emotional and damn, the music director for this anime deserves more popularity
Feb 19, 2022 12:22 PM

Jun 2019
Well I finished Yorimoi and it caused a great impression on me (indeed it made my all-time top 10) bc when I was watching it, I was (and still I'm) in the middle of a great change in my life, so the show, let's say, helped to push me to keep pursuing my objective and making that change true.

So, I started to watch Chihayafuru after finishing Yorimoi (which left the bar pretty high), with no knowledge bout the plot. It was great to discover a great story, incluiding a racconto to explain the current state of affairs, and great characters with perks, defects, troubles and traumas. Specially Chihaya, who quickly became one of my all-time fav chars. Not just bc she's beautiful af, instead she isn't your common mc girl, she's a pretty special personality and indeed I like her being a lil bit airhead.

I feel that the show has a lil bit of other shows I liked (or maybe those shows took some stuff from Chihayafuru, don't remember which was released first xD), like Slam Dunk and Sangatsu no Lion.

Mar 31, 2022 2:52 PM

Feb 2021
Decent ending, not much was tied up
Mar 31, 2022 2:53 PM

Feb 2021
I want to give this an 8/10 because I really did get emotionally invested with the characters, but they're still in the middle of their growth and it felt abrupt leaving it off here. Karuta itself wasn't that interesting either. I'll wait until I see the next season
Apr 8, 2022 7:05 PM

Aug 2013
I'm surly not a fan of Chihaya's character but this was enjoyable and fun to watch and actually motivating.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Jun 21, 2022 1:41 PM

May 2018
The Master is using hacks I swear

Anyways I enjoy this show but I don't like some of the main characters. 6/10
Jul 19, 2023 7:44 AM

Jul 2021
lovely lovely anime. everything is top-notch. the characters are great, the music is great, the animation is great. they did a very good job on making us watch karuta being played. introduced everything in a proper manner and made the viewers take interest in the game.

i really like the characters, even the side characters are nice.

and i can bet everything that arata will be chosen at the end, everything uptil now points in that direction. he's had very little screentime this season and i'm thinking he will be more involved from next season.

also ayase is the ideal woman lmao. she's perfect but also not really. if anything she is at least able to invoke the must protecc feeling in most guys.

i wonder how they gonna get freaking 5 more members. they ought to tho so that means 5 new characters.

really loving this series so far, it has great potential of becoming my favourite. on to the next season!

9/10.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 4, 2023 1:52 PM
Mar 2023
Loved the last episode, it felt like a fresh start of something amazing
Dec 14, 2023 12:37 PM
Sep 2022
It was a good season. 8/10
Dec 17, 2023 7:13 AM

Oct 2022
Interesting show. I hope we get to see Chihaya stomp some people in season 2. I do feel like adding 5 new members is going to change the flow of things. I'm not sure I am fond of the idea.
Feb 10, 2:20 PM

Dec 2019
Now I understand why fans have considered this anime underrated for a decade, it's pretty darn good *applause Madhouse*

The start was especially amazing. Admittedly, Arata was really needed to save the show for me. I didn't like the cast whatsoever, they eventually became boring, Taichi especially confuses me with how insecure he is. I might continue S2 someday in hopes of Arata appearing because the overall style is fun to watch.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Oct 11, 2011

180 by saabiK »»
Mar 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2011

146 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2011

215 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 1, 2011

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Confucius - Oct 10, 2011

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 11, 2:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.