MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Did not understand the end
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Shakugan no Shana III (Final) »» Did not understand the end

03-27-12, 2:51 AM

Hiho everyone!
This ending of the season seemed even more pointless and confusing than the rest to me. There are so many things I didn't understand in the final season but I only want to ask the two main points. Maybe that can even explain some other things to me.

1: Why do the Flame Hazes go to Xanadu?
It's a world for the Denizens, not for the Flame Hazes, right?

2: Why did Shana and Yuuji continue fighting after everything was over and he wanted to return the world to normal?

03-27-12, 3:32 AM

Who did ? they just lived happily ever after, it's a light novel anyway

1. I have no idea why, when I saw this I was like the fuck is happening ?
2. that was awkward.. talking and talking then suddenly a fight starts without any obvious reason, i guess they wanted her to say Urusai in a nice situation, then came: 'you could've asked me !' *facepalm* < not sure it came before or after, still facepalmed

still was a good ending, let's hope for some explanations
<-- Derailer

03-27-12, 3:59 AM

1. The Flame Hazes went to Xanadu to monitor the Denizens and to make sure they don't screw up that world.

2. As punishment for causing a multitude of deaths (flame hazes, denizens, and indirectly humans), Yuji wants travel around Xanadu to try to persuade humans and denizens to coexist and he wants to do this alone. He thinks he can't be truly with Shana yet. But Shana in the end convinced him otherwise.
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

03-27-12, 7:25 AM

1. Just like Starbuck11 said. And I don't think Xanadu is only for Tomogara. Yuuji explained that this is the first step to his ideal, for Tomogara and human to coexist with each other. So I think it makes sense that both races will be there.

2. Yuuji killed many people in his way including innocents, so he decided to punish himself for that by going to Xanadu alone and become its apostle. He could not forgive himself to live a happiness life with Shana. And just like Johan said, he was a fool who underestimated love. So we need Shana to knock some senses into him for lovey-dovey's sake.

03-27-12, 12:44 PM

KaitoDash said:
1. Just like Starbuck11 said. And I don't think Xanadu is only for Tomogara. Yuuji explained that this is the first step to his ideal, for Tomogara and human to coexist with each other. So I think it makes sense that both races will be there.

2. Yuuji killed many people in his way including innocents, so he decided to punish himself for that by going to Xanadu alone and become its apostle. He could not forgive himself to live a happiness life with Shana. And just like Johan said, he was a fool who underestimated love. So we need Shana to knock some senses into him for lovey-dovey's sake.
To expand on this, Xanadu is a perfect copy of the real world, minus Misaki City (because when Xanadu was created Misaki City had been completely rifted out of existence, the real world's Misaki City is fixed after Xanadu is created). This means every single citizen and every single human should have a copy in that world, or so it's the implication. The difference is in the fact the Crimson Denizens don't have to eat the existence of humans in Xanadu. That however never meant Denizens can't kill humans, or use their energy for Unrestricted Spells.

The Flame Hazes went along because many of them no longer felt human. Many made it clear after the announcement of Xanadu they no longer had a reason to fight. Probably those who felt this way, and those who still wanted to make sure the rule worked and that Tomogara didn't try to break it somehow by using Unrestricted Spells went along. Yuuji went along as well because his true goal is to make all of them come to an understanding and Shana fought him because Yuuji did not want her to go with him because he wanted to punish herself (not realizing he would be punishing her too, the fool). That be all.

There are many things to be confused about, but I think this was explained clearly enough. In the end, FLame Hazes will always be needed because just like there's always bad humans there will always be rogue Denizens who will try to cross over again to use Power of Existence (and there's always bloodthirsty Flame Hazes, let's be honest about that too). So Yuuji's role will be essential, and the new half-Denizen Half-human kid Willhelmina is taking care of will also be neccesary.

And just to make it clear again. Yuuji IS NOT HUMAN. Not even the most accomplished master of Unrestrained Power, The Spiral Organ, knows how to turn a Torch back into a human. He merely gave Yuuji a true existence. She made him "something", but he's not human, he never has been human. Blame the confusion on bad translators who don't bother to even check the source material before choosing what word to use.

Modified by Leon-Gun, 03-27-12, 12:54 PM

03-27-12, 4:23 PM

I did not understand the ending myself OP. And the previous posters explanations don't help.

Well I get why the Flame Hazes went to Xanadu, that's fine.

I don't get why Yuuji and Shana fought though. It was pointless, and it got the spear guy killed, poor spear guy. I don't know how is name would be spelled in English so Im not going to try, I watched the raws. I face palmed, because that was the most pointless fight ever, and it got someone killed to make things worse. I liked Yuuji this season a lot, but for this last episode he was a total idiot.

03-27-12, 5:33 PM

xxJing said:
I did not understand the ending myself OP. And the previous posters explanations don't help.

I don't get why Yuuji and Shana fought though. It was pointless, and it got the spear guy killed, poor spear guy. I don't know how is name would be spelled in English so Im not going to try, I watched the raws. I face palmed, because that was the most pointless fight ever, and it got someone killed to make things worse. I liked Yuuji this season a lot, but for this last episode he was a total idiot.
Meh, the ending fight was pointless I give you that. It was basically Yuuji forcing Shana to abandon him and Shana not wanting to, though the anime didn't make it clear enough. And from what I get Sydonay wanted to die, Hecate was dead and all he really cared about was Hecate.

03-27-12, 6:05 PM

Leon-Gun said:
xxJing said:

Meh, the ending fight was pointless I give you that. It was basically Yuuji forcing Shana to abandon him and Shana not wanting to, though the anime didn't make it clear enough. And from what I get Sydonay wanted to die, Hecate was dead and all he really cared about was Hecate.
You're sure right about that pointless fight. Yuuji was just an idiot who didn't know how to live with love. So we've got Shana to fix that.
And yeah, I think Sydonay wanted to die. He seemed to be very much satisfied with Hecate, didn't he?

03-28-12, 12:25 AM

KaitoDash said:
Leon-Gun said:
xxJing said:

You're sure right about that pointless fight. Yuuji was just an idiot who didn't know how to live with love. So we've got Shana to fix that.
And yeah, I think Sydonay wanted to die. He seemed to be very much satisfied with Hecate, didn't he?
i agree with you yujji was so idiot he after all the time they was with each outher he think shana will not forgive him even if his sins was that bad and like she said she not the one to judge him and about yukari hirai he could just ask her

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices