Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Nov 26, 2013 2:03 AM

Oct 2012
High School Girls are Funky Movie GIMME NOW!

Season 2 fucking when?

I still need to find where I can watch the actual drama q_q
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Dec 9, 2013 9:15 AM
Jan 2010
check episode 4 or whatever, tadakuni's dream starts there
there's a scene there where he falls asleep in the same room he wakes up in this episode.
Dec 30, 2013 8:07 AM

Apr 2012
Never quite lived upto that amazing 1st episode apart from the scenes with the Literature Girl (Yassan). Still very funny so overall 8/10
Jan 4, 2014 12:35 PM

Nov 2013
One of the funniest animes I've seen in a while! I'm giving it a 9 because every episode was enjoyable and I laughed out loud at least a few times for each.
Is a second season actually happening or just the live action?
I would prefer a second season... the live action is gonna be either hit or miss since a lot of the comedy comes from the characters unnatural facial expressions.
Those saying that some jokes went over their heads, I think this is one of those animes where it helps to know some Japanese. Some phrases just don't translate well.
Not saying that every joke was actually funny though of course.
Might check out the manga now.

9/10
Jan 5, 2014 4:36 PM

Feb 2013
The show was pretty hit or miss for me. When it was funny though I really enjoyed it, otherwise it was alright. I don't like a lot of "shouting" humor which some of it was and why I was initially turned off with the first episode.
Jan 7, 2014 5:07 AM

Jul 2013
Damn, haven't laughed this much in quite some time, and it's already over :(

Found a compilation of the Literary Girl scenes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxn-IRlmw08
Jan 8, 2014 6:28 AM

Jun 2011
great laughs from this anime
wheres the second season at
Jan 12, 2014 4:51 AM

Sep 2013
That frankfurt part was very funny! I'm satisfied with this final chapter. In overall, it was enjoyable and I've had a good time watching it :)
In every score, there's a feeling...
Jan 22, 2014 12:57 PM

Oct 2013
Stuff happened indeed, but I loved it ^^
Awesome comedy anime, I'm giving 9/10
Jan 31, 2014 2:04 PM

Jul 2008
All amazing comedy anime are destined to die after one season.

lrn2taste, Japan.
Mar 8, 2014 10:12 PM

Jul 2013
This show has one of the most likeable casts I've seen in any anime ever. It is hard to hate pretty much any character.

Graduation dream made me really sad tho.....

Still waiting for a season two. 9/10
"Komugi, are you there?"

Mar 24, 2014 5:07 PM

Nov 2013
_miamia said:
Ah Nichibros. You started off so well, kinda petered out in the middle and then brought it back just enough to score a 7/10. Always got a smile out of me at the very least.

Enjoyed the finale - the frankenfurter and dream sequence in particular.

Wow, this is my opinion exactly. :P

There were a couple of episodes that I didn't find as funny as the rest, but on the whole this has been a solid comedy anime which easily deserves a 7/10. :)

Edit: Also, I love the nickname "Nichibros" for this show. :D
"Get chance and luck!"
Mar 25, 2014 7:08 PM

Oct 2013
I want more ;__;

Good comedy show overall. A good amount of the jokes made me laugh and the "not so funny" ones weren't cringeworthy at least.
Apr 18, 2014 7:26 AM

Apr 2012
Might be reading the manga.
Not so good for marathoning, the jokes gets kinda old. The ast few episodes had me laughing hard though. Parents thought I was crazy. HAHAHA
and this last episode was good, it made me feel happy in a fulfilling kind of way.

:D

9/10

My forum picture is awesome. #sorrynotsorry (tumblr)

Apr 20, 2014 8:13 PM

Dec 2012
Go figure that was all a dream, wouldn't have it any other way. At least give us cute Nago back! The toast scene returns at the very end, and I think it topped the first time in its absurdity. Looks like they played on that K-On reference one more time with Funky Girls in London.

Man that was quite a ride. Absolutely hilarious from start to finish, I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard within 24 hours. The parodies and references were perfect and I never got tired of the short gags. Looking forward to the specials and hope that a season 2 really does come...minus the live action part though.

Easy 9/10.
Apr 25, 2014 7:29 AM

Jul 2012
Fun and entertaining series. Some parts were absolutely hilarious and others we a bit redundant and not as great. It gets a bit boring when the girls or side characters take over the show. My favourite episodes were probably the first, the seventh and this one.

Favourite skits are everything in the first episode and any Lit girl skit.

The voice acting was great. Really enjoyed hearing so many familiar male seiyuus such as Ishida Akira, Takapiro, Sugita, Suzuken, Miyu, Ono Yuuki, Namidai... Such a great cast, although I'm disappointed because the characters were still not very memorable.

Strong 7/10.
May 19, 2014 4:37 AM
May 2014
I didn't want this to end. Nichibros didn't exactly win me over in the middle of the series, but the last 3 episodes were a riot. The frankfurter scene in this was great, the graduation ceremony made me go "aww", seeing the Student Council say goodbye to the President put a smile on my face, the girl in the mirror made me go WTF, but it was all good.

And I absolutely loved how they did the whole thing backwards, with Funky High School Girls and the ED at the start. How the hell has this not gotten a Season 2 yet? That's criminal.
May 25, 2014 6:18 AM

Feb 2013
This comment was brought to you half assedly by me...

I enjoyed this show very much, great humor, good animation, etc.

I gave it a well deserved 8/10
Jun 12, 2014 10:52 PM

Mar 2008
Some of the segments weren't quite so good (particularly early on), but I'm going to miss this show. Great fun.
Jun 16, 2014 1:18 PM

Apr 2014
The sausage scene cracked me up so much. Probably the hardest I've laughed during this series.
Jun 26, 2014 4:41 AM

Mar 2013
Wonderful such a wonderful comedy anime i like it very much 9/10 for me cause i enjoyed it a lot... I`m hoping for a season 2.
Jul 4, 2014 9:14 AM

Jun 2012
YassanXHidenori ftw!! Omg I cant believe Tadakuni's dream.
Jul 5, 2014 10:14 AM

Oct 2012
And it's over. Though frankfurter hillarious scene stole this episode completely. Dream was also fine.

All in all, those 12 episode plus extras was fun to watch but nothing memorable and special I guess.
Aug 3, 2014 7:23 AM

Mar 2014

I want the second season ! ! ! ! LOL

Aug 9, 2014 6:21 AM
Oct 2011
I need more literature girl part
Aug 22, 2014 4:01 PM

Dec 2012
Just marathon'd this show in 1 day, ended up having 4 separate bouts of hiccups from laughing. Very good series, but kinda glad it's done - I can't take much more right now.

Hoping for a second season one day.
Oct 24, 2014 6:39 AM

Sep 2014
Glad to see Tadakuni back in the show..
LMFAO at the frankfurter part.. All of their efforts were in vain haha!
At the end.. I really thought they graduated and everything is going well for all and then Tadakuni woke up lol..

A great comedy anime.. There are many things that made me laugh and the antics are hilarious but in the middle of the show it tends to be boring at times.. If only it was consistent then I'll enjoy it even more.. Nonetheless, it's still very funny..

~ 8/10 ~
Nov 15, 2014 10:37 AM

May 2010
Yesss a normal EP with a normal ED.

That is a boss imouto.

Poor Yassan, so she did all that without realizing. Guess I was wrong for thinking that her chara had been ruined.

"Well whatever."

LMAO they are graduating while their senpai haven't, or have they? Wait- I don't really get who was the junior one and who was the senior one anymore (except the real president)

It really was Yoshitake, the hero...

Yesss for Tadakuni x Nago-san! Wait- that was all a dream??? Are you serious? If the entire show was this ridiculously hilarious then how incredible would the thing be? One can only imagine.

Dat last minute killed me- They just annihilated that K-on reference. No words xD

I really don't know... I finished this all in one day and my mind has nearly burst. So many random moments and all... I wanna give it a 8 but my heart says 9 cuz I had many ROFL moments. While my mind thinks it is a tad bit overrated afterall (cuz of Tadakuni missing here and there and too much Hidenori) Aughh I will follow my heart and give it a 8.5 = 9. Did enjoy it quite a lot.

EDIT - Wait wait- after checking out this discussion, my mind = blown. This show is very deep, Tadakuni's disappearance HAD a reason other than just him having lesser screentime. Now all that weird stuff makes sense... Ringo-chan, president, All those girls acting weird... (It was his POV over girls combined with how the girls actually were. That's why most of the girls were depicted violent and all) This is 10 material tbh. Tadakuni has one heck of an imagination, too. I am speechless.

I am gonna give it a modest 9 (when it reality it is already 9.5 in my book) A really deep show (Even if some of the stuff here turns out to be just fan theory, the fact that it DID spawn those fan theories makes it lovable)
TragicRomanceNov 15, 2014 9:27 PM
Dec 16, 2014 11:56 AM

Dec 2013
That frankfurter gag lol.
Where's that second season?
Jan 17, 2015 10:39 PM

Aug 2014
I haven't had a good laugh in a long time, I hope this will have season 2
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2015 6:29 PM

Dec 2014
Decent episode for final. That dream, totally didn't see that coming. :d

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Mar 26, 2015 2:08 AM

Jun 2013
I figured out that everything between the beginning of the 4th episode until the scene before the credits was all a dream. That was sad, but it's a good plot twist.

I enjoyed watching this series so much. It was a great and hilarious show. I love how each story has its own specialty and humor. I'll greatly miss this anime.

Season two will come, just like they said in this show at the ending. But it's been three years since the first season was aired and there was no announcement about the second season until now. But I won't lose hope. I'm still waiting.
Apr 27, 2015 4:50 PM

Jan 2013
I just knew he was going to eat the sausage anyway :D

Anyhow, this was a great show, I had a blast with every episode.
Some parts were hilarious and I really had to laugh a few times through the show.
A solid 9/10 from me.
May 11, 2015 2:33 PM

Oct 2013
10/10
nanofate fan
konata x kagami fan
May 17, 2015 6:01 PM

Jul 2014
Pretty funny series kinda like a mini Gintama. Even Gintoki and Sa-chan's voice actor/actress was in this if I'm not mistaken.
May 31, 2015 7:56 PM

Oct 2014
Solid conclusion to the series; the frankfurter one was by far one of my favorites. Actually started tearing up the end there, seeing everyone making peace with their past experiences and moving on (getting the gundam, did you grow up to be a hero?, literary girl, etc), especially since one week from today is my high school graduation, and I saw bits and pieces of myself and my friends in the various characters throughout this anime, so it hit close to home. Still funny, but surprisingly touching. Much like how Tadakuni is going to Tokyo, Yoshitake is going to Osawa, and Hidenori stayed local, my friends and I are splitting up throughout the country.

I'm confused about this dream thing. I like how it essentially resets things and shows that the characters still have plenty of days to live their "daily lives of high school boys", but I also think it wrapped up nicely without the dream aspect.

8/10 to the show overall; some episodes were slow and not particularly funny (3 and 4) and some jokes fell flat, but for the most part it was pretty entertaining and definitely relatable.
Jun 26, 2015 9:32 PM

Sep 2013
Such a funny series! Relatable stuff that brought me back to my high school days :')

More scenes with the last 2 new characters would've been nice though.

But A+!
Jul 8, 2015 6:26 AM

Aug 2014
Omg, quality anime at its best. 10/10

Every bits of the anime was so incredibly funny, I haven't laughed so much in a while.

Srsly tho imo it deserves a better rating.

Edit: Literary girl ftw!
Aug 8, 2015 1:52 PM

Jun 2014
Haven't laughed once. Shitty Forced Comedy. Shittier than Seitokai Yakuindomo. 1/10
Sep 8, 2015 2:57 PM

Feb 2015
I really loved this series and will miss it. This episode was finished perfectly with the ultimate K-On! reference at the end. I'm giving it an 8/10.
Oct 11, 2015 12:29 PM

Feb 2015
i'd give the show a 9/10. although there surely were predictable funny moments they play off was still funny and there weren't that much of them anyway. they really got the hormonal baka-ness of youth in every episode on both sides of genders and although it was clearly exaggerated, teens really can be that silly, so it gets a 9 for being realistic as well. after all the director related with the boys while doing the live action movie so that has to mean something lol!
------
thought the graduation was real. everything was so perfect. i was tearing up. bros can't leave bros!

glad that these dumbos are still in highschool. *salutes* may you all have many more stupid ideas and adventures together!

that highschool girls one was actually interesting. i'd totally watch!

sad to see this anime go. unfortunately i won't be looking at the live action movie since i find them so cringy. the only thing that's worse are the musicals *violent shudder* if only they did an animated S2...D:

so long tadakuni and co.!
Nov 16, 2015 6:15 PM

Sep 2015
I was really looking forward to watching this show, but i have to say i'm pretty disappointed with it in the end. A lot of the time the i just didn't find the jokes funny, and by the end i was struggling to watch the rest of the show. Shame really as the first episode was pretty amusing.
Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier
Dec 14, 2015 5:58 PM

Nov 2012
Frankfurter scene was hilarious.

Graduation skit was actually pretty well done and would've been a good closure for the series...too bad it was all a dream ("anta dare" xD).

Not bad for a comedy anime 7/10.

I'd say the comedy was more consistently funny than say Gintama,that said it wasn't entirely consistent so can't say it tops Hataraku Maou-sama! or D-Frag for me but definitely in my top 5 favorite comedy anime.
Dec 24, 2015 1:25 PM

Jun 2014
this was actually really good, funny and a good anime overall

8/10, it was a fun ride

and lol that ending with the funky girls, lol
:3
Feb 26, 2016 8:38 PM

Jan 2016
Great final episode. 5/5 i kinda wish it wasn't just a dream tho so they can do a spin-off on Tadakuni in Tokyo, or on Hidenori and Yassan new relationship.
anyway this show had some great moments and some bad bad moments.
The 1st ep was amazing and the last ep was also great. everything in between was decent.
Overall it's 6.5/10 for me.
Apr 3, 2016 3:27 AM

Mar 2014
What a 'special' way to end it ~ . The youth has it's manliness .
Now , I don't know why I'm tearing up a bit . Mixed feelings ~ .
PERFECT EPISODE . I WANT IT MORE .. THOUGH . (Lazily)

The Consistency of Humor and Hysterical performance of all the Characters have empowered me to adore this how very much :D . Touching ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2016 10:35 PM

Sep 2015
Definitely one of the best comedy shows I've ever seen.
Laughed in every episode with no exceptions xD

I'll be waiting for that 2nd season.
Apr 14, 2016 3:52 PM

Jun 2015
lmao, so the whole graduation thing and other shit was just tadakuni's dream.. great way to end it haha

definitely one of the funniest shows i've ever seen :D
Apr 18, 2016 1:35 PM
Apr 2016
See myself in some moments. Very funny anime with good jokes and plots 4/5
May 29, 2016 2:27 PM

Oct 2015
it said there will be a 2nd season.. has anyone heard of progression?
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 30, 2012

139 by Samurai_YanZi »»
Apr 22, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 9, 2012

317 by Samurai_YanZi »»
Apr 22, 11:53 AM

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 16, 2012

141 by WELLERM »»
Jan 14, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MorningGlory - Feb 7, 2012

149 by im_rehan »»
Jan 5, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 19, 2012

131 by UnknownGhost5 »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.