Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Dec 23, 2013 11:07 AM

Aug 2012
I have nothing left to say than this: 11/10.
Thanks.
Dec 26, 2013 8:09 AM

Dec 2011
Well the last 2 episode were a real bummer. Everything is going too fast and so suddenly. Overall a great ending I guess. Had a happy ending after all.
Dec 26, 2013 12:49 PM

Feb 2013
Oh, Lemon.
The ending made me cry. I hope Mio and Tetsurou end up together.
A nice anime.
Dec 31, 2013 11:34 AM
Dec 2013
Ok....so ik alot of people r saying it was a great ending, but i don't think so. i mean the endind was awsome but i want to see more. More of kaito and ichika. I want to see if she actually gets to come back to earth. in the very last few minutes of episode 12 it showed ichika in the movie, but i think it was edited into it by kaito. because i remember seeing him film the clothes kaito's sister bought for ichika. i am a HUGE sucker for romance anime. but it makes me a little mad when there is only one season and it's not even a long season. "Lets make another 1 or 2 seasons for so and so anime". that's wat i want to here form the developers of all these anime shows that make them short and don't bother continueing them. i just saw episode 12 this morning at 3 a.m. and was balling my eyes out when ichika was taken away from kaito. all i'm saying is there should be more to it and more seasons.
Dec 31, 2013 9:57 PM

Apr 2012
so ichika returned? i'm so glad...
i cried a bit when they watched the movie and ichika's face showed up.
it was a really cute show and the ending wasn't bad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2014 7:01 PM
Dec 2013
ok listen from wat i saw i don't think she came back in the end....think about it. when nanami came back home with the stuff for ichika and Kaito said she had left, he recorded a short video of the clothes. and the last part of the movie they made was edited in. they already the recording of ichika turning around and saying wat she said. so they just edited the clothes in. I may be completely wrong but it doesn't seem like ichika came back. feel free to comment about my post and feel free to argue about it
Jan 3, 2014 2:41 AM
Feb 2013
SAOChampKirito said:
ok listen from wat i saw i don't think she came back in the end....think about it. when nanami came back home with the stuff for ichika and Kaito said she had left, he recorded a short video of the clothes. and the last part of the movie they made was edited in. they already the recording of ichika turning around and saying wat she said. so they just edited the clothes in. I may be completely wrong but it doesn't seem like ichika came back. feel free to comment about my post and feel free to argue about it
i get what you are getting at but at the very end in the movie its pretty clear that she returns and is reunited with kaito. They even show a film taken presumingly using kaito's camera to record the last scene where in the entire series he is the onky one to record anything to do with ichika by herself
Feb 23, 2014 1:17 AM

Jul 2013
All's well, that ends well. Great ending imo. This gives me an 8/10. It would be great if we get to see Ichika's place, and her parents but didn't show.

Intense during the 1st half. Wow, Remon was badass with her van in combat mood. Everyone is working together and those MIB guys showed up out of nowhere XD. Nice sweet moment on the train ride for Ichika and Kaito.

Well they got to the scenery place but then she was suddenly taken away immediately. Though they promise they will held these memorable memories with each other.

The ending wrap things up with the movie being finished, Remon transferring to a different place (The MIB) and everyone grew up together. But then that last part of the movie...

Mar 3, 2014 1:22 AM

Jun 2012
They ruined an otherwise brilliant ending by having her come back to Earth at the last second. It would have been so much better if she stayed in space, which would have made that ending dialogue about living on in other people's memories far more powerful.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Mar 10, 2014 8:24 AM

Jan 2014
lol,reading comments in this section after finishing the anime and im amazed to see how they managed to misunderstood the ending...Bunch of people writes about that BS and "SAD" ending...its sad,because of some people unable to understand even the simplest twist we keep getting straightforward cliche storry tellings over and over...did you ever heard of the concept post-modernism,they don't have to explain everything for the minimum IQ level possible..
Mar 23, 2014 1:31 AM

Feb 2013
Great show....not sure what I'm going to rate it as....

8/10

If she had not been able to come back to earth, then I would have dropped it a point.
Mar 29, 2014 5:54 AM
Sep 2013
Definitely would have liked to see an OVA with Ichika back(but that won't ever happen), that last second teaser with her finishing the movie was a big relief. Happy endings are best endings.
Apr 6, 2014 4:11 AM

Oct 2013
Very solid series, 8/10 for me. Very pleased.
Apr 8, 2014 11:29 AM

Sep 2013
This series was not as bad as I first thought. I've had enough of aliens for now though.
7/10
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Apr 17, 2014 9:30 AM

Oct 2009
I heard this show was bad but I expected more from the way it started out.

There were some decent episode's with real good feelings in them, but most of them felt flat.

First of all the whole alien plot served no point except for the fact that she had to leave.

Now the characters were OK, but I really didn't care for Ichika and Kaito's relationship. It wasn't even developed well, they just suddenly fall in love and there was hardly any character development for either of the two. And Kaito's a jerk, he didn't even except or even consider Kanna's feelings for him, he just completely ignored her.
And worst of all was the action, it was completely unnecessary and most of it was just plain retarded.
With everyone mentioning the MIB in quite a few episodes, I actually expected Lemon to be with them though I am not sure whether to take this seriously or whether this was meant as a joke.
This could've been a much better show without the alien crap and some deep characterization.

5/10
Apr 21, 2014 1:28 AM

Nov 2012
Series was done very good, but somehow I couldn't get attached to characters I give 7/10.
Apr 27, 2014 12:50 PM

Dec 2013
I really enjoyed this anime. The comedy, romance and drama was well balanced and Lemon was a real boss the entire time.
Now I want to know where I can get someone like Rinon. Such a cute little thing.

8/10
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
May 15, 2014 11:38 PM

May 2014
finished the show last night ............... and expected more from it
BUt it was really entertaining
hahahahh ..................badass remon is from the MIB(japan branch)
Jun 2, 2014 2:25 PM
Apr 2014
ova comes out summer 2014
Jun 4, 2014 9:30 PM

Aug 2013
Well Onegai Teacher was one of my first animes back in the day, so I was already biased towards liking this one.

That ending though. She actually ends up going back. That was sad as fuck.

Kanna was such an annoying character, the only good thing about this show ending is that I don't have to deal with her anymore.

I watched Onegai Teacher English dubbed so I had no idea that was Mizuho's voice, or that the tree said Mizuho apparently. I thought it was a nice tribute to Onegai Teacher, but at the same time that timeframe makes no fucking sense whatsoever. According to Ano Natsu, Mizuho was her ancestor then who came and then was taken (even though that's not quite how it happened, and even then she still comes back permanently). If Mizuho was their ancestor that means the period of time that she was on Earth with Kei would have been incredibly long ago, and Onegai Teacher was set in a modern day setting. Holy shit half the characters in Ano Natsu still had rotary phones so if anything it feels like it's the prequel to Teacher.

The very end of the episode though, so relived to see she came back at some point. They said the film was left by the graduates, which means she must've come back while they were in high school, but we don't know if she stayed.

Hopefully in the OVA we'll either see: Ichika coming back during the high school time, Ichika coming back and seeing everyone's lives post high school, or Kirishima being able to travel to find her since Remon and the MIB had access to Rinon and the technology from Ichika's ship (while this last one is plausible it's highly unlikely and my least favorite option).
Jun 8, 2014 1:09 PM

May 2014
So many feels in that closing sequence... I just absolutely love the ED in this show. Bravo.
Men always seem to think about their past before they die, as though he were frantically searching for proof that he truly lived.
Jun 16, 2014 7:05 AM

Mar 2014
Lemon in action!! Transformer "Van" is good!! (REVIEW -DOWN-)
Stalker is large!!
HOLY .. What's with the large number of the search team!!? They look like they're gonna invades us in any moment!!
The Camera that resides of all the memories of our beloved companions!!!
The greatest summer of their life ... I wished I would experiences one too :)
A Summer that will never end ... kinda liked it :D
Their promising of their eternal love .. I finally cried over this one :"D right in my heart !!!
MIB on the rescue!! THEY'RE AWESOME !!!
The Place... where all began !!!
The Tree... with all the memories was .. wiped out ...
I cried again damn... THEIR LOVE STORY IS SO ROMANTIC!!!
The Data which revives HOPE !!!
Their Ancestor's memories is the same with love story!!! I cried like I lost someone when I listen on the Ancestor girl's memories of love .. with a quiet but powerful voice that resonates the entire universe ... I will never forget it ... the memories you forged on that place .. and even if I forgot .. I will still keep remembering it until the day that I die.. :D I promise like the couple did.
Nee-san is Back!!!
Lemon-senpai.. Arigatou so much !!! for all you have done :)
The Movie was... one word : AMAZING !!!
Its a HAPPY ENDING!!! Flawless ending for the anime !!!
PERFECT EPISODE FOR THE ANIME!!!
~I will be always waiting on that summer!!!~ (and on the other seasons too !!)

Overall Conclusion , One of the greatest Romance/Comedy/Drama(and etc.) anime I ever seen!!! The Whole Anime really fulfilled and got passed all my expectations!! even in episode 1 , It already became one of my Favorites !!! ... I Really Love the scenes which made me felt the very aura of a Summer Love!!! The Movie is one of my best movie-type of anime by Experience!!! The Group's Bond and Friendship .. that shakes the very core of my deepest feeling!! Drama is surely impressive !! Everyone got to be happy at the end !!! Romance captivates my eyes that Delights the imaginable relationships of the characters!! Comedy gives me the Humor that suits its overall Genre!!! This surely , is the best and most unforgotten moments I ever felt at this anime !!! 10/10 for the win!!!
Plot : It was really a supervised plot . It Depicts its most major parts ... all its Plotted scenes really adapted the Summer's atmosphere .. I feel generically happy with the plot .. It really brings me the overlapping happiness that continued to emphasized its greatness ... Plot-Twists and Cliffhangers sure .. does the monotonous but interesting features that absolutely contradicted with all the aspects besides the decent plot . In the end , I enjoyed it a lot :D
Characters : Different , Typical but likable personalities or attitudes of the characters... Is what I savored the most!! Gone with the humor/drama/romance actions , They Really did a great job on their roles !! I also seen the Developments and improvements of each character and their relationships as well !! They've have gone with total hard-hips to overcome their inner feelings.. even sacrificing their own happiness to give almost of it on the people they once thoughtfully loved .. opening up to a better and more prosperous life with their real fated love ...
I also Loved their appearances !! They look totally appealing and suits the style of the anime !!
I love to see other characters that is really the same as them in other remarkable and excellent animes Like this !!!
Settings/Animation : Setting is great!! it really accommodated with the mood and tone of the anime .. It shown me alot of great scenarios too .. Like the beauty of nature or vastness of universe as its being the centered factor of most of the scenes .. Animation looks beautiful!! I like the art of it !! I think It an excellent animation that habituate all other elements of an anime!!!
I really liked it and it fact , I hope They Continue animes with a more improved but unchanged art because ... We'll surely appreciates it :D
Sounds : OP AND ED SONGS were Brilliant !!! Lyrics and sounds completely sync with each others!! They completely portrays the anime with a commendable note !! nothing much to say now ... It really was amazing!! I mean it !!!
Last words for this awesome show ... How about a Wish !? .. I would really love to do it !!
I wish for more Seasons and the same animes that can be comparable with this one !!!
It's really a worthy anime to watch :D
NOTE : LOOKING FORWARD ... TO THE SPECIAL AND MORE !!!
AnimeLaver01Jun 16, 2014 7:14 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2014 6:56 AM

Aug 2013
Ahh she came back woo! All's well that ends well. And Remon really was in MIB haha.

7/10.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 22, 2014 5:55 PM

Sep 2013
So, in about 3 months,

A lot of things have happened since the beginning of this series, and I am glad to say that it ended very well. Confessions were told, people were hurt, and loving bonds were formed and through it, they achieved what they set out to do: have something to leave behind and an unforgettable summer.

I was so sad that Ichika had been taken away, only to be so relieved to see that Ichika had indeed come back to stay and that the film, now complete, was left behind as a momento . A great series!!

THE ONLY THINGS I WONDER ABOUT THOUGH ARE THE FOLLOWING:

When the gang is watching the film at home and Ichika comes on, I can see that everyone is sad that she is gone and why Kaito was crying, but my question is:

Was Kanna crying because she misses Ichika as well? Or is she crying because that’s the girl that Kaito loves and not her? Or is she crying because Kaito is sad? A mix of things, maybe?

AND

How long has it been since they graduated and left the movie behind?

Since the shows starts at the end of the gang’s first year and ends at the beginning of the second year , I would imagine at least 3 years because a student mentions that he saw the film “last year”, which could have been the gang’s last year of high school?

Hopefully, the upcoming OVA helps in some way.

Anyways, I’ll probably re-watch this series after I read the manga. Very well done!!
"You and your third dimension"
Jul 26, 2014 7:37 PM
May 2011
Great show. I loved the characters
Sep 25, 2014 12:17 PM

Sep 2012
So she never came back. I expected a happy reunion. 10/10 for series.
Sep 27, 2014 1:25 PM

Nov 2009
Guitarplayer18 said:
So she never came back. I expected a happy reunion. 10/10 for series.

She obviously did come back, looking at the ending.

I was expecting her not to, but when she did i was extremely happy. I didn't want it to end without her coming back.
Sep 30, 2014 11:31 PM
May 2013
solid 8/10

what I don't get is how finding proof of alien contact would suddenly make it fine for her to stay on earth, it would only be proof that someone else broke the rules(not that it matters in the long run, since the proof was gone)
Oct 6, 2014 10:56 AM
Aug 2014
carenard said:
solid 8/10

what I don't get is how finding proof of alien contact would suddenly make it fine for her to stay on earth, it would only be proof that someone else broke the rules(not that it matters in the long run, since the proof was gone)

Making contact proves that Earth is advanced enough to be upgraded to a different rank from an F class planet. (I don't remember the exact terminology the anime used for this, sorry) Since Earth was upgraded it's ok for her to be there now.
Oct 18, 2014 7:34 AM
Aug 2012
ichika did come back the end of the anime the movie they mad was complete and shown for at least two years at there highschool fair. which cldnt be done without ichika if this is anything like onegai series the special will be a 13 episode involving a love hotel or something similiar
Oct 20, 2014 4:03 PM

Apr 2014
so remon is a member of the MIB after all and why does the ending had to be so sad oh my god
Oct 22, 2014 6:26 PM
Jun 2013
will there be second season from this anime ?
Dec 15, 2014 8:49 PM

Jul 2014
Ummm I think everyone is misinterpreting the sad ending. SHE CAME BACK!

You see MIB with the alien technology and all right? Studying that and having Rinon means they will probably be upgraded from the "F" stage planet.

Then at the very end when the school kids are watching the movie, at the end you see Ichika in the clothes that Kaito's sister had brought for her from Bolivia. That means within the next 2 years of their high school, she ended up coming back. After graduating, the movie stayed at the school. The final scene is shown some time after they graduated, giving you a glimpse of Ichika at the very end in those clothes to show you she came back!

So... yeah, I hope people aren't let down that she never came back... because she did.
Jan 11, 2015 1:23 AM

Mar 2008
08/10, last happy end scene!
Jan 15, 2015 6:47 AM

Dec 2014
5/10 Bad and gay.
Feb 9, 2015 2:09 PM
Sep 2014
Really fun rom/com.
Its not something we didnt see before but they did it right, i had good laught watching this :)

Rinon kawaii <3
Feb 18, 2015 1:16 AM
Feb 2013
sorry to revive a forum that's about a month old but I just finished this at 4am and HAD to put my two-sense in.
Personally, I think that Ichika was supposed to represent "the dead" and how they linger in our hearts even after they're gone. I think that's why Ichika had to leave, as much as I SCREAMED at my TV for her to stay. I wanted it sooo bad but, like I said, I think she was supposed to be a "living metaphor" and that's why she had to go. It helped drive the underlying moral of the story: that people live on in our hearts and our minds even after they leave us. I honestly didn't see that coming though. The story does such a great job at hiding the point and covering it up with the love triangles and constant tom-foolery.

As for Remon-senpai, I knew she was up to something the whole time.

I really hope that the end scene, where Ichika was wearing the clothes that Kaito's sister got her, means that they were successful in reviving her broken ship and managed to bring her back.

This anime made me feel lots of feels and had me on the verge of tears. Overall I'd give it a 9/10 and absolutely watch it again and again. If anyone has any recommendations on similar anime please, for the love of God, tell me!
Mar 20, 2015 12:11 AM
Jul 2014
Okay, so we know Rinon is a part of the ship that Ichika came from when she first lands on Earth, and they never really explained that, so a plausible explanation is Remon came into contact with Rinon, allowing MIB to examine the broken ship that Ichika came on, allowing Earth to be moved up from Rank F and join the Galactic Federation, meaning Ichika was allowed to come back. Rinon in the MIB offices and a blueprint of the ship backs up this ad-hoc theory.

As for the connection with Mizuho being Ichika's ancestor, and the issue with the time frame can be explained by A: We don't exactly know how Ichika/Mizuho's bodies age, and B. Their planet might not interpret time the same as we do on Earth, meaning that millions of years may have passed between Mizuho's stay on Earth, and Ichika's initial landing. Interstellar travel and alien species opens up a can worms, and there's a ton of plausible explanations for the time gap.

Also for people saying that Remon being in the MIB was pulled out of the writer's ass, there was plenty of hints throughout the series of that being the case. In fact, she straight out says she's in the MIB in an earlier episode.
Apr 4, 2015 2:21 AM
Jan 2015
actually I had a feeling to drop this series around episode 7 because the story itself is so ridiculous (LEMON's fault!) and the main character Raito is so cliche & annoying!
Jun 20, 2015 1:04 PM
Jun 2015
Although it is rather vague of how the story actually ended, it seems that Ichika DID actually came back. At the end of the 12th episode, we got a scene that showed the movie being remade and showed to a classroom. At the end of it, we saw Ichika wore the poncho-like shirt Kai's sister bought for her. Although this is only an extremely vague scene, it made me rather happy. The idea of how the scene actually ended is just hearbreaking and also happy beyond compare. Each person has their own opinion of course, but for me, this anime was well-made in many aspects, how the story is extremely heart warming, how the characters are not just complicated but also simple in many ways, the way how Kaito and Ichika held on to every last moment. I hope that there will be another OVA about Ichika and Kaito rejoicing. That will be a very tricky story to tell so I still have hopes for this last OVA.
A solid 9/10
BichesJun 20, 2015 1:30 PM
Jun 28, 2015 9:16 AM
Jun 2015
Biches said:
Although it is rather vague of how the story actually ended, it seems that Ichika DID actually came back. At the end of the 12th episode, we got a scene that showed the movie being remade and showed to a classroom. At the end of it, we saw Ichika wore the poncho-like shirt Kai's sister bought for her. Although this is only an extremely vague scene, it made me rather happy. The idea of how the scene actually ended is just hearbreaking and also happy beyond compare. Each person has their own opinion of course, but for me, this anime was well-made in many aspects, how the story is extremely heart warming, how the characters are not just complicated but also simple in many ways, the way how Kaito and Ichika held on to every last moment. I hope that there will be another OVA about Ichika and Kaito rejoicing. That will be a very tricky story to tell so I still have hopes for this last OVA.
A solid 9/10

You're quite right Biches, I also noticed about that. The end of episode 12 shows that there may be a sequel, and what better than with happy moments between Kaito and Ichika. I would love to see more scenes like those in episode 10, where Kaito and Ichika are very close and look at each other and they hit their glasses. It's funny even when Lemon Sempai gives them a condom.
:) very funny.

Please can you tell me about other forums where we can ask that this anime continues?
Thank you very much and I hope you have understood what I have written. I do not speak very good English.

I welcome your comments.
:)
Jun 28, 2015 8:24 PM
Jun 2015
Please follow me on twitter.
We need a second OVA or a second season for "Ano Natsu de Matteru".

https://twitter.com/Andrew028SH/status/615357275960647681
Jul 27, 2015 8:34 AM

Jan 2014
Why the fudge Mio and Tetsurou are not in a relationshil yet??
Mar 28, 2016 11:53 AM

Nov 2014
Meh. Too many asspulls and too much trolling for a show that tried to pass itself off as a sappy, feel-good romance. Cat Planet Cuties, though ridiculous, was a better version of this alien waifu story.

5/10
Mar 29, 2016 6:26 AM

Apr 2009
So they meet again in the end.
Mar 29, 2016 7:10 PM
Jan 2015
I think I hike Senpai came back in the end. Remember remon was working on the spaceship that was left and in the end they showed her grinning at the completed spaceship.And ichika's sister had said that kei would be able to go to space if his planet discovered interstellar travel thus it would be legal for ichika's to come back. That is how I believe the last scene can be explained where she is wearing the clothes that kei's sister got for ichika in the movie. What do u guys think?
Apr 16, 2016 9:26 AM

Apr 2016
It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. It was a good enough show for me to invest my time to watch 12 episodes and an OVA. I think the show picks up in the second half as I found the first half dull in comparison. The last scene and the OVA confirm a happy ending where she returns. I like the fact that they never actually show Kaito and Ichika together after she leaves, but only hint at it by giving us glimpses.
Something witty that makes you think I'm funny

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier
Apr 30, 2016 11:22 PM

Dec 2015
I enjoyed this episode and the show overall. The ending could of had more time added to it instead of the random scenes with everyone prolonged. They could have emphasized that she was back more. I think she was allowed to come back with permission. Remember she said that the planet would no longer be a Planet F development if they either found proof of alien life or found the technology to become part of the intergalatic federation. This leads me to believe that the planet was no longer a Planet F development due to the spaceship blueprints at the MIB facility in Japan. This technology would allow them to be part of the intergalatic federation thus allowing communication with the natives on Earth. Also for people who were saying she didn't come back, it is obvious when Rinon is at the MIB facility and Ishika is being filmed with the gift the sister bought for her and she also says her ship "crash landed for a 2nd time" jokingly to the camera.

I give this a 7.5/10 overall, so I guess I will score it 8 even though I don't think it deserves a full 8. On to the Special episode to see what that holds in store for me :D!
May 2, 2016 6:23 AM

Dec 2014
lol MIB actually existed... loved the ending
Jun 27, 2016 5:16 PM
Jun 2016
at first I thought guilty crown was the only saddest anime that I have ever watch but after watching ano natsu de matteru I realize there something that sadder the part that tear me was when he rewatch the work and when the part it show ichiki he start crying and with the ending song I can feel his pain it hurt a lot T^T so I will give this 10/10 for saddest but for also the best romance anime I have ever watch :D
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» Anyone still a fan?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

19 by samuraibuss »»
Mar 22, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 23, 2012

192 by ALYXVNDER_ »»
Mar 2, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 19, 2012

189 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2012

185 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tenshiholic - Mar 5, 2012

277 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.