MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 12 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Ano Natsu de Matteru »» Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 12 Discussion

Pages (19) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 12 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

412 68.33%
4 out of 5: Liked it

124 20.56%
3 out of 5: It was OK

33 5.47%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

19 3.15%
1 out of 5: Hated it

15 2.49%
Voters: 603

03-31-12, 1:01 PM

cloudsora said:
Loved the ending too much to talk about so I'll just ask this.

I really think this and Onegai Teacher are the same universe so after that ending I have a theory: Ano Natsu was before Onegai Teacher because if you think about it in that series she's half human half alien and they all make contact with humans with no issue.
Does anyone else think this is plausible?

But from the scene at the lake it looks like it's the opposite
first was Onegai and than some time later Ichika came to Earth
also it was told that memory of this event were somehow erased

what is weird was, if I recall properly, Onegai was set in some future but here we don't see to much of advance (ok in Onegai also but it was told if memory serves)
Please join this club if you wish for news threads of un-aired anime to be unlocked/stop being locked!

04-01-12, 12:05 AM

Loved it! Hmmm prob my favorite show this season. It really didn't disappoint me at all. The last two episodes were pretty powerful.

Thank God Ichika was able to come back to Earth. Going to have to give props to Remon and Rinon (...and MIB lol) for that advancement.

It would of been an excellent serious regardless but the way it ended left me with smile and a tear instead of just the latter.
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img716/2105/lfjf.gif[/img]

Yuuta x Rikka

a forum without [img] isn't a forum

04-01-12, 12:38 AM

LOL REMON IS ACTUALLY FROM THE MIB!?!?? That was freakin hilarious! The whole Anime was pretty average to me but the last 2 episodes saved it for me. Was a pretty fun watch overall. =p

Overall Score: 6/10

04-01-12, 7:56 AM

-LovelyTsundere said:
A boring, cliche, cheesy and predictable anime that threw in the alien genre just to raise conflict and try to make it different. The only character I even liked was Remon. Everyone else I could careless for. Can't see why everyone is fawning over it. You must be new to the harem genre.
5/10 average at best. Considering lowering to a 4.

Bro! 5/10 too.

04-01-12, 10:17 AM

I really dont like basing shows off scores instead I'd rather put in a few words..

Would I buy a physical copy of this show?

The answer is Yes. Although it isnt a must have it is a show worth rewatching and supporting. Personally I like the little monologue at the end, if you take the title, the situation, and his feeling into context you'll see that it all aligns well.

So I would recommend it...... which would probably translate to a 8, nothing special but well executed.

I find it funny how people are so quick to rage, take a step back and really look at whats going on most of the questions are answered and it really is a happy ending

I do understand for those of you who wished the other couples would have been fleshed out more... still the main characters are still the main characters... its their love story which is the focus not the others and honestly I think they did a relatively decent job of explaining it

hey if you love someone it shouldn't matter if you've only been with them a week, what matters is how hard you're willing to try to be with that person

04-01-12, 11:11 AM

I've posted my overall thoughts on this series on Kat's Anime Blog.

04-01-12, 11:42 AM

Cratex said:
I've posted my overall thoughts on this series on Kat's Anime Blog.

nice review
I would only argue with visual part - but it's simply me liking how they were changing sometimes colors (most visible in opening) but they were doing sometimes in series - with increasing or decreasing saturation of colors
and I always thought that Remon has no game or plan... she was doing it for teh lulz :)
Please join this club if you wish for news threads of un-aired anime to be unlocked/stop being locked!

04-01-12, 12:56 PM

Dalek-baka said:
nice review

Dalek-baka said:
...and I always thought that Remon has no game or plan... she was doing it for teh lulz :)
Could be!

04-01-12, 3:50 PM

The plot at times was a little ... eh ... hokey... but like others have said the last two episodes made the series. The ending was simply in one word "perfect" :)

04-01-12, 8:33 PM

Perfect Bittersweet ending. I am kinda used to happy endings so I really felt bad when Ichika was all crying over Kaito and vice versa.... It made me feel a little bit uneasy at first but then when i was watching through the last minutes, It think it made me all up to be happy though i have some grudges at the end 'cause it was pretty awful but then again, It was a Very Good series after all. There should be an OVA coming soon so that we'll know what really happened to Ichika back when she was ordered to come back and when she came back to see everyone at the end.

Apart from that, I'll Give this a 9/10 Very Good series with a light and hearwarming plot that everyone can relate into 'cause it somehow depicts some real life situations on love.

04-01-12, 10:00 PM

Freaking Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones blowing shit up!

Was a good watch with great character, meh story and a decent ending. 7/10

04-02-12, 11:55 AM
Forum Moderator
Leave it to Will Smith to save a couple in love.
MIB Japan branch sounded really cool and it does explain about all the toys Lemon was using and how she always appeared at the locations with that camera.
The ending wasn't bad really and it looks like we might get a OVA hope it's a good one.

What bothered be about this anime was the number of cliff hangers which was almost every episode.

04-02-12, 2:42 PM

Shit ending for a shit show.

At least Ichika DID come back.

04-02-12, 5:38 PM

So Lemon wasn't an alien, she was part of the MIB. Lol what the hell, them rocket launchers just came outta nowhere. And even Tetsurou's sisters husband is MIB, lol what in the world. Lemon is the best character in the show no doubt.

They was pretty sad watching the two of them being forced to say good bye, and it got even sadder when Lemon gave them the film. It just showed all the events they've been through + that song being a perfect fit, reliving everything again sure made my eye teary. Dno why but when it flashes to the future and they mention the film being shown again, it just made me feel empty knowing they've all grown up and its been years since that summer happened. Well that was before they showed Ichika at the end of the film! Looks like she came back!?!

04-02-12, 6:36 PM

Just looking at the picture of the husband I could tell he was with them once you find out about them.

Updated Weekly

04-02-12, 7:30 PM

Remon sempai: best troll of 2012.

I knew Remon was MIB, it was the first thing she said to Ichika when they started filming. Remon never lies!
"Those of us who have the dreams and the passion to be able to overturn common sense are the strongest" Kuroyanagi Ryo, Yakitate Japan! Episode 24.

"Lelouch Vi Britannia commands you, all of you, to die!" -Lelouch Lamperouge

04-03-12, 3:33 AM

You must be new to the harem genre.

aside from the fact that its not a harem at all ;).
-Elektonix - Handsup/Eurodance/Dancecore Producer-
http://www.elektonix.webs.com - http://www.youtube.com/llindenau

04-03-12, 4:30 AM

Leonard93 said:

We probably just imagined the Geometrical Love relationship those 5 had going on for about 9-10 episodes then. Next you will tell me there were absolutely no love triangles in Clannad or something like that.

04-03-12, 9:10 AM

Leon-Gun said:
Leonard93 said:

We probably just imagined the Geometrical Love relationship those 5 had going on for about 9-10 episodes then. Next you will tell me there were absolutely no love triangles in Clannad or something like that.
I suppose we could argue the definitions, but I don't consider Ano Natus De Matteru a harem. I see a huge difference between the relationships depicted in this and those in something like Clannad.

04-03-12, 11:51 AM

I literally LOL-ed when the MIB came out because it was so ridiculously over the top but in a good way.
Never would have expected Lemon was part of MIB and she looks awesome in that suit as well.

Also i find it sweet that Kaito left behind the video of that summer that they spent and showing that Ichika came back was well done.

And to that ancestor's voice i really hope it was Mizuho's voice actor cause that would be really neat.

All in all this was a good series which i was anticipating since its a ten year anniversary of Onegai Teacher and i thoroughly enjoyed it throughout along with the awesome song such as Kotoko singing the OP again and Nagi-sama singing that wonderful ending and it being played at every ED really made it memorable. The final episode was also able to play the OST's with the scene beautifully so I give this a 9/10.

P.S. Really hoping for an OVA, would love to see what happens after the final episode thats if they followed what Onegai Teacher and Twins did.
Modified by ArcanaTrace, 04-03-12, 12:05 PM

Pages (19) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices