Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2012 1:27 PM
Jan 2011
Ok, so Remon is not an alien but a member of MIB and so as Tetsuro's brother in law..........

So, there is a bit of connection between "Onegai Taecher" and this anime.

So, this anime kinda gave us a hint that Icihka had come back.
Mar 28, 2012 6:41 PM

Sep 2010
Ichika comes back at the end cause she is wearing the shirt that Kaito's sister brought back from Bolivia.

The last two episodes were great, but otherwise the story was pretty generic.

7/10 AnoNatsu was a decent watch.

Remon FTW!
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 28, 2012 7:19 PM

Dec 2011
Hahaha.
Remon is a freakin' MIB agent! That explains how she can drive that transforming van.
She might be an heiress. Hahaha. Love her.

I thought it would be a bittersweet ending, but she got the jacket!!!
This series redeemed itself!
8/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2012 12:04 AM

Oct 2011
not a bad ending :D
though i'd probably miss Lemon the most
Nope.
Mar 29, 2012 12:45 AM

Sep 2008
I really have no regrets having watched this anime.

I rofl'ed when they revealed that MIB exists in this anime.

Good thing we got a happy ending after all!

8/10

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Mar 29, 2012 2:47 AM

Jul 2010
Great anime, only lacking in the ending.

That last scene was unnecessary. It did not confirm nor reject whether ichika and kaito eventually got back together.

Knowledge that the MIB had a spacecraft already suggested that there was the possibility.

Ichika being in a video makes u wonder whether they eventually met up or if it was special effects
Mar 29, 2012 11:35 AM

Mar 2009
O_O MIB Japan Branch... lol made me do a double take...

I like the ending... I was thinking she will prob get taken away just like Onegai Sensei but come back later on. Hmm... I wonder if there is a second season.
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Mar 29, 2012 12:20 PM

Sep 2011
A boring, cliche, cheesy and predictable anime that threw in the alien genre just to raise conflict and try to make it different. The only character I even liked was Remon. Everyone else I could careless for. Can't see why everyone is fawning over it. You must be new to the harem genre.
5/10 average at best. Considering lowering to a 4.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Mar 29, 2012 6:36 PM

Jul 2009
It's the MIB!!!
Finally they do appear! xD

And they brought the Sims with them - regarding that thing coming out of the lake...
Mar 29, 2012 9:37 PM
Mar 2011
-LovelyTsundere said:
A boring, cliche, cheesy and predictable anime that threw in the alien genre just to raise conflict and try to make it different. The only character I even liked was Remon. Everyone else I could careless for. Can't see why everyone is fawning over it. You must be new to the harem genre.

Lol, you sound like an unpleasant person.
Mar 29, 2012 10:20 PM

Jan 2012
-LovelyTsundere said:

you're not alone little lady...

Onegai Teacher is 1000x better than this zzzz series, and it's more than 10 years old
Mar 30, 2012 2:17 PM

Jan 2012
flaxman85 said:
-LovelyTsundere said:

you're not alone little lady...

Onegai Teacher is 1000x better than this zzzz series, and it's more than 10 years old

I have already read a cool story from you, now you need to get some more cool story bro, otherwise i wont read the next.
Mar 30, 2012 4:48 PM
Dec 2008
SHE CAME BACK IN THE END
OMG LOVED THE ENDING
Mar 30, 2012 5:12 PM

Jan 2011
Nice wrap-up with connections to Onegai series and plausible connections between Remon and Ichigo. The additional ending scene in the screening of the movie at school with Ichika dressed in Bolivian souvenir shirt confirms that she came back relatively quickly. I will leave this with a high mark if only because Remon was such a troll....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 30, 2012 10:06 PM

Nov 2011
I enjoyed the animation of the whole series. Ya the story was a little cliched but the whole "she's an alien thing" was interesting.

The ending did make me happy though ;D i thought for sure she was gone forever but there she was in the shirt kai's sister bought her!
Mar 31, 2012 11:04 AM

Jun 2008
Loved the ending too much to talk about so I'll just ask this.

I really think this and Onegai Teacher are the same universe so after that ending I have a theory: Ano Natsu was before Onegai Teacher because if you think about it in that series she's half human half alien and they all make contact with humans with no issue.
Does anyone else think this is plausible?
Mar 31, 2012 11:15 AM
Feb 2011
They need to make the OVA about lets say Ichika's sister comes to earth to bring Kaito to there planet to take back Ichika! That would be interesting to see.
Mar 31, 2012 12:47 PM

Sep 2007
Ah finished ^^ this was an awesome series. Kaito and Ichika got back together only shown in the film movie which Kaito finally completed and Ichika's spaceship broke again XD.
I was suprised to hear Kazami's Voice from Onegai Teacher in this last episode. And is that the SAME Lake that took place in Onegai Teacher as well?
And I believe Remon is Ichigo, even after so many years passed she still has the "standstill" condition for being eternally 17. Well thats my theory anyways :P.
Mar 31, 2012 1:01 PM

Oct 2011
cloudsora said:
Loved the ending too much to talk about so I'll just ask this.

I really think this and Onegai Teacher are the same universe so after that ending I have a theory: Ano Natsu was before Onegai Teacher because if you think about it in that series she's half human half alien and they all make contact with humans with no issue.
Does anyone else think this is plausible?

But from the scene at the lake it looks like it's the opposite
first was Onegai and than some time later Ichika came to Earth
also it was told that memory of this event were somehow erased

what is weird was, if I recall properly, Onegai was set in some future but here we don't see to much of advance (ok in Onegai also but it was told if memory serves)
Apr 1, 2012 12:05 AM

Jan 2011
Loved it! Hmmm prob my favorite show this season. It really didn't disappoint me at all. The last two episodes were pretty powerful.

Thank God Ichika was able to come back to Earth. Going to have to give props to Remon and Rinon (...and MIB lol) for that advancement.

It would of been an excellent serious regardless but the way it ended left me with smile and a tear instead of just the latter.
Apr 1, 2012 12:38 AM

Sep 2011
LOL REMON IS ACTUALLY FROM THE MIB!?!?? That was freakin hilarious! The whole Anime was pretty average to me but the last 2 episodes saved it for me. Was a pretty fun watch overall. =p

Overall Score: 6/10
Apr 1, 2012 7:56 AM

Jan 2009
-LovelyTsundere said:

Bro! 5/10 too.
Apr 1, 2012 10:17 AM
Dec 2009
I really dont like basing shows off scores instead I'd rather put in a few words..

Would I buy a physical copy of this show?

The answer is Yes. Although it isnt a must have it is a show worth rewatching and supporting. Personally I like the little monologue at the end, if you take the title, the situation, and his feeling into context you'll see that it all aligns well.

So I would recommend it...... which would probably translate to a 8, nothing special but well executed.

I find it funny how people are so quick to rage, take a step back and really look at whats going on most of the questions are answered and it really is a happy ending

I do understand for those of you who wished the other couples would have been fleshed out more... still the main characters are still the main characters... its their love story which is the focus not the others and honestly I think they did a relatively decent job of explaining it

hey if you love someone it shouldn't matter if you've only been with them a week, what matters is how hard you're willing to try to be with that person
Apr 1, 2012 11:11 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I've posted my overall thoughts on this series on Kat's Anime Blog.
Apr 1, 2012 11:42 AM

Oct 2011
Cratex said:
I've posted my overall thoughts on this series on Kat's Anime Blog.

nice review
I would only argue with visual part - but it's simply me liking how they were changing sometimes colors (most visible in opening) but they were doing sometimes in series - with increasing or decreasing saturation of colors
and I always thought that Remon has no game or plan... she was doing it for teh lulz :)
Apr 1, 2012 12:56 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Dalek-baka said:
nice review

Dalek-baka said:
...and I always thought that Remon has no game or plan... she was doing it for teh lulz :)
Could be!
Apr 1, 2012 3:50 PM

Oct 2009
The plot at times was a little ... eh ... hokey... but like others have said the last two episodes made the series. The ending was simply in one word "perfect" :)
Apr 1, 2012 8:33 PM

Feb 2012
Perfect Bittersweet ending. I am kinda used to happy endings so I really felt bad when Ichika was all crying over Kaito and vice versa.... It made me feel a little bit uneasy at first but then when i was watching through the last minutes, It think it made me all up to be happy though i have some grudges at the end 'cause it was pretty awful but then again, It was a Very Good series after all. There should be an OVA coming soon so that we'll know what really happened to Ichika back when she was ordered to come back and when she came back to see everyone at the end.

Apart from that, I'll Give this a 9/10 Very Good series with a light and hearwarming plot that everyone can relate into 'cause it somehow depicts some real life situations on love.
Apr 1, 2012 10:00 PM

Mar 2011
Freaking Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones blowing shit up!

Was a good watch with great character, meh story and a decent ending. 7/10
Apr 2, 2012 11:55 AM

Apr 2010
Leave it to Will Smith to save a couple in love.
MIB Japan branch sounded really cool and it does explain about all the toys Lemon was using and how she always appeared at the locations with that camera.
The ending wasn't bad really and it looks like we might get a OVA hope it's a good one.

What bothered be about this anime was the number of cliff hangers which was almost every episode.
Apr 2, 2012 2:42 PM

Aug 2010
Shit ending for a shit show.

At least Ichika DID come back.
Apr 2, 2012 5:38 PM

May 2011
So Lemon wasn't an alien, she was part of the MIB. Lol what the hell, them rocket launchers just came outta nowhere. And even Tetsurou's sisters husband is MIB, lol what in the world. Lemon is the best character in the show no doubt.

They was pretty sad watching the two of them being forced to say good bye, and it got even sadder when Lemon gave them the film. It just showed all the events they've been through + that song being a perfect fit, reliving everything again sure made my eye teary. Dno why but when it flashes to the future and they mention the film being shown again, it just made me feel empty knowing they've all grown up and its been years since that summer happened. Well that was before they showed Ichika at the end of the film! Looks like she came back!?!
Apr 2, 2012 6:36 PM
Feb 2011
Just looking at the picture of the husband I could tell he was with them once you find out about them.
Apr 2, 2012 7:30 PM

Aug 2008
Remon sempai: best troll of 2012.

I knew Remon was MIB, it was the first thing she said to Ichika when they started filming. Remon never lies!
"Those of us who have the dreams and the passion to be able to overturn common sense are the strongest" Kuroyanagi Ryo, Yakitate Japan! Episode 24.

"Lelouch Vi Britannia commands you, all of you, to die!" -Lelouch Lamperouge

Apr 3, 2012 3:33 AM

Sep 2010
You must be new to the harem genre.

aside from the fact that its not a harem at all ;).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2012 4:30 AM
Dec 2007
Leonard93 said:

We probably just imagined the Geometrical Love relationship those 5 had going on for about 9-10 episodes then. Next you will tell me there were absolutely no love triangles in Clannad or something like that.

Apr 3, 2012 9:10 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Leonard93 said:

We probably just imagined the Geometrical Love relationship those 5 had going on for about 9-10 episodes then. Next you will tell me there were absolutely no love triangles in Clannad or something like that.
I suppose we could argue the definitions, but I don't consider Ano Natus De Matteru a harem. I see a huge difference between the relationships depicted in this and those in something like Clannad.
Apr 3, 2012 11:51 AM

Jun 2011
I literally LOL-ed when the MIB came out because it was so ridiculously over the top but in a good way.
Never would have expected Lemon was part of MIB and she looks awesome in that suit as well.

Also i find it sweet that Kaito left behind the video of that summer that they spent and showing that Ichika came back was well done.

And to that ancestor's voice i really hope it was Mizuho's voice actor cause that would be really neat.

All in all this was a good series which i was anticipating since its a ten year anniversary of Onegai Teacher and i thoroughly enjoyed it throughout along with the awesome song such as Kotoko singing the OP again and Nagi-sama singing that wonderful ending and it being played at every ED really made it memorable. The final episode was also able to play the OST's with the scene beautifully so I give this a 9/10.

P.S. Really hoping for an OVA, would love to see what happens after the final episode thats if they followed what Onegai Teacher and Twins did.
ArcanaTraceApr 3, 2012 12:05 PM
Apr 3, 2012 1:26 PM
Apr 2009
The show have been pretty cool until this last episode, this episode totally ruined the show for me. I hate this kind of retarded ending.
Apr 3, 2012 1:29 PM
Dec 2007
Cratex said:
Leon-Gun said:
Leonard93 said:

I suppose we could argue the definitions, but I don't consider Ano Natus De Matteru a harem. I see a huge difference between the relationships depicted in this and those in something like Clannad.
Mostly because the relationship conflict is the essence of most of this show (with the alien thing coming as a climactic ending and nothing else) while Clannad leaves the love triangle to a minority of the show. It was still there though although it was pretty obvious who Tomoya would choose. Technically it was also obvious who was gonna be chosen in Ano Natsu too... only Tetsurou's triangle was ambiguous and the sad part is that it remained ambiguous since he never chose.

Apr 3, 2012 4:28 PM
Apr 2012
Ahri said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Dr_Smurph said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Dr_Smurph said:
Hoppy said:
What a bittersweet ending, well at least Rinon is still on Earth with Lemon as an MIB agent. Despite this it ended pretty well, I wish there was something in the ending that had a relationship update on Mio and Tetsurou though. I wasn't expecting the entire platoon to save the day as they did though.

9/10
What was bittersweet about it? Ichika comes back.
NO SHE DOES NOT! Maybe for the movie a little but it certainly does not convince much of her coming back. We need OVA that shows us that she comes back to finish the movie and that she stays with Kaito. Else my T_T will not go away for this series’s sadness at how it ended for Kaito x Ichika TBH.

Look at the clothes she is wearing at the very end. It was the outfit that Kaito's sister had gotten. Wasn't that after she had left? Also Rinon is part of her ship, Rinon can transfer back and forth from it. She was back, and I am sure she stayed once she got back.
As much as I agree with you, it showed it pretty poorly. It could be other things. Like Remon being part of the MIB may have let her finish off the movie. Rinon being with Remon also means that Ichika may be studied at a decent rate. Meaning no prison and medical shit. Deal with aliens call it and assumed.

That being said, she might be back or was just there to finish off the movie with Remon's help. Unless I see her back with Kaito that movie bit means nothing at all. Remon could have all setup nicely. Why do you think she gave the movie and did not allow Ichika to give it to them. Cause the Federation and Remon along with MIB are planning out discussions and negotiations.

That means things are in Turmoil with the Federation not only due to MIB but due to Ichika's direct actions. Now certainly it's a good hope but it does = to Ichika x Kaito being together forever. Not unless I see Ichika coming back to him. At most I can hope and assume that she came back but I did not see it.

In regards to Rinon, NO! They have something to stop him, I am sure.

Don't try to convince me otherwise. Or else that'll make for a very crappy ending. Ichika came back, because she had her gift from Kai's sister. Although i agree with you that the ending was extremely awful. I found myself getting annoyed every last second that Kaito babbled on about random stuff. Blah blah blah memories....yadda yadda....That's cool and all but bring back Ichika already...Like fuck.....And they save her being brought back til the last fucking 3 seconds of the ending. So fucking stupid. This has got to be the most screwed ending to an anime within the past few days. Hell even Familiar of Zero had a better ending than this garbage, and i wasn't expecting that.

Overall, very disappointed with this ending. It could have turned out better. A LOT better. The ending was almost as horrible as Guilty Crown's, but the last few seconds saved it from being retardedly awful.

okay, at the end of the episode 12, it shows MIB with Rinon and you see a diagram/blueprint? of the spaceship that Ichika came to earth with. implying that MIB is trying to fix it with their technology. also, at the festival, at the end of film it shows Ichika in the Bolivian shirt the Kaito's sister brought with her. you have to know that she brought that shirt AFTER Ichika left for her home planet. so in order for her to wear that, it means that she CAME BACK. so nothing more, just that she came back. well director is basically saying, "I leave it to your imagination" for what happened after. personally I like to think that she came and STAYED. so, ya. and yes, I agree Ahri, the ending was bad but not bad as GC. it still had the power to make people emotional, and so was guilty crown... Personally, I LOVED the series and the ending. doesn't the MIB HQ remind you of MIB HQ in MIB with Will Smith? :P
Apr 4, 2012 2:15 AM

Jul 2011
The only thing that makes me sad is the fact that there's a possibility that Mizuho got arrested by the federation and got her memory erased....
No.......... Mizuho is a sweethear!! More naive than Ichika, i can't imagine her getting arrested :(
Apr 4, 2012 5:52 AM

Sep 2008
Oh hey, this ending was pretty mint. Better than I expected it to be.

The "Mizuho" was a very nice touch.

All in all, great anime. But Tetsurou and Mio not ending up together was a disappointment. Even though its kind of obvious they will.
Apr 4, 2012 6:15 PM
Nov 2011
Good series. Hated the way they wrapped it up. Would have been better IMO to add another episode to tie the lose ends up. And YES she comes back look at those clothes, but ugh, not showing us the reunion? Give me a break.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Apr 4, 2012 7:03 PM

Dec 2010
As for the Mizuho reference, this is a bit of a spoiler, so I'll tag it just to be safe

Apr 4, 2012 8:43 PM
Dec 2007
InfiniteDestiny said:
As for the Mizuho reference, this is a bit of a spoiler, so I'll tag it just to be safe

Unless she wrote the message "before leaving" and she implanted the memories "before returning".

Apr 5, 2012 6:40 AM

Dec 2011
I demand a clear ending.
Apr 6, 2012 8:47 AM

Feb 2012
This has has to be the surprise of the winter 2012 anime releases along with Another i guess. I never expected this to be that Excellent in every way. I feel like when everytime i think about this, plus the OP and ED, It makes me go back to some unforgettable scenes/moments and scenery of this one. I feel like crying too. It's been 4 days now since the date of when i finished this series and I can't still get over it.
Probably one of the best romance sci fi series this year. I have no regrets of taking it this year. Good Anime Series.

Apart from that, I think Hyouka does have the same feel of this. I dunno but let's see but I hope It does. I've been looking for these kind of dramas nowadays lol ;D
Apr 6, 2012 4:34 PM

Jul 2008
A lot of people are saying the ending wasn't clear enough.

I think it is pretty simple to infer that

-Lemon and the MIB, with Rinon's help and the data collected during Ichika's stay on Earth, were able to make great strides in intersteller travel. This would lead to joining the Galactic Federation and being able to contact Ichika again.
-Ichika DID come back. Based on what she was wearing in the film as well as Kaito's dialogue (You broke your spaceship? Again?) one can assume she came back.

I guess you could poke holes in it or fear for the worst, but I think it is easy to imagine a happy ending.
Apr 7, 2012 3:23 PM
Feb 2012
At least they got back at the end but i want more D: This show made me extremely emotional.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anyone still a fan?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

19 by samuraibuss »»
Mar 22, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 23, 2012

192 by ALYXVNDER_ »»
Mar 2, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 19, 2012

189 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2012

185 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tenshiholic - Mar 5, 2012

277 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.