Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 22, 2013 1:15 AM

Apr 2013
All my feels... =(

This episode is way sadder that both seasons of Clannad combined. Still didn't cry though...

9/10

Dec 25, 2013 4:49 AM

Jun 2012
Aaaw, it has ended! :( I can't believe it. Beautiful episode btw. Loved that Natsume took the photograph with Nyanko-sensei too.

I guess I now understand how life must have been for Natsume. And this is the first time I'm really touched by an anime character's past life. The Fujiwara couple is so nice. I'm happy Natsume feels happy around them too.

Hoping for another calm and heartwarming season. Till then, sayonara Natsume :)

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Dec 31, 2013 7:24 PM

May 2012
A quite lovely ending to the series and well I must say this last season was quite good, overall the series sure was lovely and I sure enjoyed it! All by all a very decent anime series 8/10
Jan 7, 2014 6:12 AM

Apr 2009
I honestly hoped it's not the end, but if it is... well, Natsume Yuujinchou will stay in my memory for a long, long time.
Jan 16, 2014 1:36 PM

Oct 2013
the first 2/3 of the episode was boring honestly(hate flashback at the last episode of a season and more when we have seen some flash from the episode 12 yet...anyway), and the last 1/3 was good, overall i will give a 8/10 for the whole serie, its was interesting and liked the way how they make it, i think there is a ova airing in february 2014? no date yet i think...
Jan 16, 2014 1:38 PM

Oct 2013
Hiryu12 said:
All my feels... =(

This episode is way sadder that both seasons of Clannad combined. Still didn't cry though...

9/10

hmmm we dont have the same logic about what is sadder, because the episode was sad but doesnt even equal clannad after story for me
Jan 25, 2014 10:32 AM

Jun 2007
Good show, but it sucks when you hit the last ep of a series. I watched all four seasons in three days, so now with no more to watch it feels kinda depressing after so much Natsume overload lol

kelly17 said:
Liinah said:
How rude that girl was, the mouthless yokai should have eaten her.

8/10

LOL!my feelings exactly!
especially after behaving almost the same way after so many years. disgusting

Yea, quite the bitch. Nyanko mentioned eating the people in the house at one point. I'd have said well, I didn't buy you udon so I suppose you can devour Miyoko for lunch lol.

At the very least when she came and grabbed him and went off about how he hadn't changed it would have been funny if he said "oh, so when I tell you I see spirits I'm a liar eh?" then had Nyanko shift to his Madara state then hop on him and fly home. Let her try to process that one, hehe.
Feb 27, 2014 11:22 PM

Aug 2013
What a great season. I hope the recently released OVA is a prelude to a season 5 announcement. I gotta say though, season 1 is still the best imo.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 24, 2014 12:47 PM

Jan 2013
Typical Natsume esque ending.
Gathering everyone around in a happy mood (not that its anything bad though).
This season almost rivalled to that of season 1 in terms of overall enjoyment, and was a welcome increment to the slightly underwhelming seasons 2 and 3.
A solid 8/10 from me..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jun 18, 2014 6:24 PM

Dec 2010
Holy crap, the feels. I don't think I've ever felt the feels this strongly from an anime before. The scene where Takashi cried in the garden really got to me. Really glad he has Touko-san and Shigeru-san. Great series.
Jun 18, 2014 9:17 PM

Jun 2013
Yet another great anime concluded. It breaks my heart to see this magnificent adventure come to an end. I'm glad to finally have Takashi's background revealed, and I really felt his story and emotion. This series was (and is) so great and holds so much meaning, moral, and feeling. Although it could go for another season, I guess I'm relieved it stopped without losing it's way as most long series go; yet I'd like to have more of Nyanko-Sensei's, Reiko's, and Matoba's backstory, yet the manga is still ongoing so -fingers crossed-.

Gahh, I can't take the feels, and it's 12:16 AM and I know I'm not going to sleep tonight; 9.5/10 for the whole series; simply amazing <3
Aug 11, 2014 10:38 AM

Jan 2014
it made me cry for real. like natsume, i can't remember the days i spent with my father either. but i love him so much. the episode was the best and it's definitely the best season of the series. *sniff* *sniff*
Aug 28, 2014 3:09 PM

Jul 2013
That was a great final episode. It actually got some feels out of me for the first time.

Even with the episodic formula, Natsume and his relationships has made one hell of a development over the past 4 seasons. We went through him finally loving both the world of youkai and humans, creating some really strong friends and bonds, finding a new home to return to and going back to the past to get some closure. I honestly can't think of any more progression they could do and 4 seasons is plenty for me. The only thing left is probably explaining Reiko's story more but we'll be drifting away from Natsume, which the past 2 seasons started focusing heavier on. If we're going to get a 5th season it should focus more on Natsume taking advantage of his new bonds and comfortably ask for help from his friends.

9/10 ep
8/10 season
8/10 series.
Sep 23, 2014 5:48 PM

Dec 2012
I think this episode captured the big theme of this season the best - Natsume reaffirming where he belongs and how he's moved on from the hard times. It's hard to believe that this is the last season (hopefully just for the time being), this 4 season journey took me 7 months and was extremely satisfying through and through. Each season brought Natsume's character to life and each nurtured a major theme which helped him grow throughout.

There isn't much for me to say about Natsume Shi, it had the same feel as the other 3 seasons and is my second favorite entry next to S1. A very relaxing series filled with heartwarming, tearjerking, and laugh inducing moments. Not a single episode lost my interest.

9/10 for Shi, I commend Natsume Yuujinchou for staying at its A-game from top to bottom.
Oct 23, 2014 8:59 PM

Feb 2014
Really good ending this season as always, hope for s5 :3

Still needed more Taki tho, fk Miyoko and her bitchiness

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Jan 3, 2015 7:27 PM

Jun 2011
Nyanko-sensei is part of Natsume's family! <3

I am surprised to see so many hated Miyoko, it does make sense why she acted that way though.

This season is probably the weakest out of all 4, even weaker than Zoku in my opinion, but I have grown attached to the characters and the series that I find myself longing for more Natsume Yuujincho. It's the kind of series where I just wish it would never end.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 14, 2015 9:32 AM

Nov 2012
I'm still crying 10 minutes later.

Tears of sadness, tears of happiness... wishing the show wasn't over....

The first time i ever really felt any sympathy for his carers too. They seemed like nice people but he did make life hard for them, and Miyoki was just a kid who suddenly had to share her parents and got bullied for it, though this is no fault of Natsume's of course.

Seeing all of the youkai at the end and taking a family photo with nyanko-sensai made me so happy, if it had to end it should end like this!
Jan 21, 2015 1:26 AM

Jun 2011
the last few eps really hurt the hell out of me /sobs/
Natsume's childhood is just freaking sad UHGHHGHGH
really touching anime
how I wish it would never end T__T
Feb 6, 2015 10:55 AM

Oct 2013
I'm so glad Natsume found such a wonderful new family and friends, it was beautiful i really like the atmosphere and i got such a warm feeling, i'm so glad for Natsume, this anime is one of my favorites, will be missed for sure. I'm hoping for another season if possible

Overall score 10/10
Feb 14, 2015 9:10 PM

Nov 2013
the best episode and season of natsume so far...
i can't stand it anymore, the ending was really touching, had me remember my parents and nearly crying...
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Mar 8, 2015 9:42 AM

Dec 2013
Still one of the best anime shows I have ever watched.
Jul 2, 2015 2:46 AM

Dec 2008
I enjoyed this show quite a bit, but I can't help get annoyed about the side characters in this show. I get it's supposed to be about Natsume, but I don't like how they introduce various characters and not give them any kind of satisfying development and/or resolution. It reminds me of a lot of harem shows where despite things happening, everything just kind of stays the same.
Nov 3, 2015 1:43 AM

Oct 2014
the feels were real this episode. seriously though, miyoko as a kid was such an asshole. did she ever stop to think what natsume's situation was?

Anyway, great series, seems like there wont be another :(

9/10
Nov 8, 2015 12:31 PM

Jun 2008
Knowles said:
Still one of the best anime shows I have ever watched.

Agreed. Still hoping for a 5th Season.
Nov 16, 2015 5:58 AM

Nov 2013
I'm gonna miss this big. S5 fucking where?
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jan 6, 2016 12:55 PM

Aug 2014
ahh i cried. a perfect ending, even though i wish there is more to come one day.
Mar 12, 2016 12:47 PM

Aug 2011
It's sad to see the series end. I was kind of hoping that Miyoko would apologize for how rude she had been to Natsume.

I'm actually surprised (or disappointed) that her parents didn't lay into her as a child when she acted like such a spoiled brat about Natsume sharing their home. Even though she was a kid, there were still ways that they could have explained to her so that she wouldn't have been so awful towards him, and from the conversation that she had with her mother in the house in the previous episode, it seems that they didn't do much to instill empathy in her even after he left.

Still, at least Natsume has a home to return to now. I won't hold my breath for a 5th season, but at least the manga is still going strong. I'll have to catch up on it.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
Mar 24, 2016 11:34 AM

Nov 2013
the feels were too strong for me too handle.

( At last I've finished the 4th season. Been putting it on hold for a year 'coz if I finished it, it would only drive me crazy knowing there won't be another season. But since GO is on its way...I watched it, I finished it and now I'm waiting. )
Mar 30, 2016 2:06 PM

Dec 2014
I've never felt so empty in a long time after finishing a show. Season 5 is coming up but it feels so far away. Kind of want to catch up with the manga yet I don't want to at the same time. I never want this series to end. Definitely in my top 5 of all time.
Apr 15, 2016 2:16 PM
Jul 2015
beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! i cried

though i feel like strangling those stupid little kids now, they were so mean to my bby Natsume
i just cant stand bullying
Apr 19, 2016 12:34 AM

Oct 2012
Sad it ended :(
Can't wait for 5th season
"Signature removed"
May 17, 2016 5:57 PM

Feb 2013
SO good, just like all the rest of this show.

8/10

Glad to see that there is another season coming out. No on to watch the OVA
Jun 21, 2016 9:44 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
With this episde ends the fourth season, and the best it´s the rhythm slow and nostalgic 8/10.

See you in the fifth season!!!!
Jun 28, 2016 6:44 AM

Nov 2011
Ah! How sad it is when I get to the point of ending all seasons Natsume, is so interesting and beautiful saga that despite Seeing her again, it's hard to tire or be bored, I look forward to the fifth season. It causes us to see Natsume's girlfriend, so it will end up breaking the hearts of all the girls in the cast, LOL!

8/10.
Aug 4, 2016 6:31 PM

Nov 2015
Both this episode and the 10th got tears to my eyes and an aching heart. What a great anime, I can't stop loving Takashi so much, this is the second time I wanted to give a character a big warm hug (Naruto was the first :P). I can't wait for Season 5 this October. Until then, I'll read the manga (which, I'm sure, will become my favorite).
Sep 1, 2016 11:57 AM
Aug 2015
Awesome season, as expected from Natsume Yuujinchou. 9/10
After so much edginess and cringes I still love this series xD
HYPED for next season in fall!
Sep 16, 2016 1:55 AM

Oct 2015
I loved the 4th series so much and wish to see another again. I have decided, Japanese are the greatest writers of stories in the world. If the had so much money like the US they would rule screen. The US has all the money but make adequate stories, while Japan has masterpiece stories and less ching. Stories such as these make me want to watch more Anime and the reason i went to anime.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 4, 2016 11:53 PM

Jun 2015
This was indeed the best season finale for Natsume Yuujinchou series. Off to season 5 now (currently airing)!!!
Oct 22, 2016 2:09 PM

Aug 2015
Beautiful,sad,warm and amazing series.You know when i watch anime this is what i expect from a series.
Nov 22, 2016 5:37 PM
Feb 2015
Natsume's past is truly a sad one, doubt i would have the mentality to go through all that
Dec 6, 2016 12:31 PM

Jun 2007
i decided to be patient with Miyoko, but when she started to hit Natsume like mad.. i snapped. such a miserable character.
i cried, too. this damn anime hits me right in the heart

8/10 i wish there was ten more seasons
see you, space cowperson . . .
Dec 9, 2016 11:14 PM
Mar 2016
This was the best season. Each and every episode was so beautiful. *cries in corner*
Feb 1, 2017 6:18 PM

Mar 2012
Oh come on, I really doubt kids that young act so mean >_> It's a real shame Natsume's old house is gonna get sold but at least he was finally able to visit it.

Dam, this series really knows how to tug at your heartstrings.
Apr 14, 2017 1:18 PM

May 2008
After the last season, I was bit worried, but this season is among the best. I haven't had such feels in a long time. ;^; A minor thing I didn't like would have been Natsume seeming to be a bit too dependent on Nyanko-sensei; I sorta miss him defending himself like he used in the first two seasons. Despite that, I liked the subtle development of his strengthening bonds with the Fujiwaras and his friends.

Nyanko-sensei stole the show whenever he could, of course.

This was worth every second spent watching. ♡
Sep 19, 2017 1:16 AM
Aug 2017
MaxCrazy7 said:
I wonder if Taki would treat Madara-sama as such if he was in his true form (now that I think of it she would just the same).

She wouldn't, she has already seen his true form when Natsume was helping her with her curse. They were all in her circle.
Also, I think Sasada would appreciate his true form since she thinks his "cat" form is ugly. Lol
Jan 16, 2018 8:34 PM
Sep 2017
For me this is the greatest episode out of the four seasons. Everything made me cry a lot T^T
Apr 5, 2018 4:55 PM

Feb 2013
Those stupid kids made me mad, they kept messing with Natsume and with that girl too.
He said farewell to his home, sad.
May 21, 2018 3:29 AM

May 2017
hit me right in the feels T^T
May 15, 2019 4:28 AM

May 2018
Wonderful heartwarming finale. Miyoko's parents are really kind people too.

I've watched the first 4 seasons in 2012 but only had hazy memories for the series. It's really nice rewatching it, like revisiting an old friend. Now heading for the 5th season which I've never seen before. Hooray!

Maybe it's just me, but it sometimes occur to me that Natsume actually still has some sort of depression deep inside of him, but he's hiding it so well that no one could be aware.

P.S. The black butterflies - in Asian folklore, it is believed that they are symbols for ghosts. Guess that's part of the reason why the youkai turned into such things.
Boot_LegMay 16, 2019 2:31 PM
The Conviction Arc is even better than the Golden Age Arc.
Aug 16, 2019 5:19 PM

Sep 2018
This is so sad :( They hurt baby Natsume :( The girl is so annoying! Her parents are kind though..
How they can hate Natsume??!! He's so cute and kind T__T
Home is really about people not the place, when you're together with your loved ones, that's the "home" :)
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 30, 2012

89 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 8, 3:49 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ClementIV - Jan 23, 2012

102 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 8, 3:29 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 13, 2012

85 by JoJoLaRow »»
Feb 20, 3:22 PM

» Why wouldn't Natsume learn magic?

jihe - Mar 19, 2012

8 by Nakuy »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:17 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 5, 2012

58 by Meritas »»
Sep 21, 2023 3:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.