Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »
Nov 30, 2014 8:06 AM

Nov 2014
so, who killed Reiko?? did sakakibara himself? ?
Dec 1, 2014 3:16 PM

Sep 2014
I never realized that the teacher was Reiko... and i didnt have a clue she was the one
Dec 6, 2014 12:29 PM

May 2014
Wow... it's over... I liked the series but i was scared sometimes because i was watching the show at night.

I was scared of:
-umbrellas
-staircase with umbrella
-elevator
-my friends
Dec 11, 2014 5:00 PM
Feb 2013
InfinityAtmos said:
So.....if she just said something in the beginning or looked at everyone with her eye and told him. They could have figured it out so much sooner and not have that bloodbath. Then again there wouldn't be anime if it was that logical.

Exactly what I was thinking, she could have prevented all of that from escalating , and for what did she hide it for in the end anyway? The teacher died, they couldn't "save" her or anyone else for that matter, it was all in vain. She pretty much has blood on her hands now.
Dec 23, 2014 10:17 AM

Jun 2014
Wow they killed off akazawa what a dick move. I know some of you like mei but she is a bit too antisocial for me. For me best girl in this was akazawa. They even hinted that she liked kouichi while Mei shows pretty much no feelings. I was pretty bummed out :/

As you can see, I'm a sucker for pairings and romantic endings, and this did not suite me well. AT ALL. But at least that blonde haired dude(can't remember his name but he's friends with kouichi) lived. 9/10 for me.
Jan 2, 2015 5:25 PM

Jul 2014
What an amazing ending to a truly unique and great show. I definitely didn't see the twist coming.

Hopefully there will be a second season in 2015.
Jan 6, 2015 6:41 PM

Feb 2011
OMG i already knew Reiko is the dead one since i found it really strange when Kouichi's Grandfather was saying "Poor Ritsuko and then Poor Reiko" And then i said to myself who's Reiko? Perhaps she's the one with glasses that is living with Kouichi?

Reiko is Ritsuko's sister and she is Kouichi's Aunt as well. Only thing that the anime didn't mention was Reiko as the teacher until the reveal on the last episode.
Jan 11, 2015 9:57 AM

Mar 2008
Exciting series with full thriller moments! 09/10
Jan 12, 2015 3:55 AM

Aug 2014
Nothing really too special with this anime - the only thing horrifying about it is how something as bland as that could ever get greenlit. 3/10 for this one. Fail to see how this is #30 in popularity on MAL.
Jan 16, 2015 9:36 AM
Sep 2012
Beautiful. I had these series sitting on my macbook for over a year. Why didn't i watched it?

ive always thought it was Akazawa (my lady). Because of her memory of Kouichi's hand... weird.

8.5/10
Jan 17, 2015 3:23 AM
Sep 2013
They just keep dying.
Like flies.
Why did I watch it??
Even though it's freaking awesome
Jan 22, 2015 8:46 AM
Jun 2013
this turned to full blown comedy. Im sorry when I was able to call the chandelier falling I starting crying with laughter. wait didint pigtail girl get crushed. This offically makes all this mei fault. SHE SAW HER DIE! She also had the eye. Also F U on the "oh I dont know when I figured out. and it wouldint matter anyway" Uh yea to ALL THOSE DEAD PEOPLE YOU DUMMY! They also never explained why the calamity does this. Theres no ryme or reason to it. I thought there would of been something more to it. This anime fell flat on its face near the end. I still enjoyed it for the most part but the eye and the knowledge that she knew who it was and never said a word really bugged me to no end. It hampers the rest of the anime.Also I liked akazawa as well but im guessing they killed her off since the novel did the same as well. She only lives in the manga.
souledge94Jan 25, 2015 8:27 AM
Jan 22, 2015 9:03 AM
Jun 2013
diamondketo said:
If you are confused read this small Q&A

Wheres the Q&A for why did mei not tell anyone about the dead person when she knew who it was. If the answer is not to hurt this guys feelings im going to scream cause thats a bad answer.
Jan 25, 2015 1:06 AM

Sep 2013
Cirris said:
Eh, I guess I'm the only one that thought they went stupidly overboard over the past two episodes.

Akazawa's death was retarded for the fact that she got stuck like a pin cushion to a table and Kouichi and Misaki didn't have a scratch yet they were only two feet away.

The characters still acted completely stupid and irrational. Blue haired kid took his turn to go psycho slasher.

Decent start to the series. The overall premise seemed to be a good one. But as it went on, The story regressed into a second rate forgettable slasher horror flick, with nonsensical character actions and farfetched death sequences. The show reminded me way too much of C rated movies you'd see on SciFi/SyFy and that's not a good thing in my book.

I wanted this show to succeed. I really did. I thought it could be something of a thriller suspense with scary elements. It just turned comical toward the end. It was seriously disappointing for me.

-----------------------------

BTW, I'm always one to get annoyed at people who always go "the manga was better." But in this case it really is. It's like two completely different stories. You should definitely check it out.

Exactly ^^
Feb 6, 2015 5:08 AM

Jul 2014
Too bad it'll happen again the next year. At least they recorded how to stop the calamity on a dvd but the students would probably still go apeshit again trying to figure out who the extra is.

I don't usually watch horrors but I liked this one.
Feb 21, 2015 8:09 AM

Aug 2011
The last 4 episodes were awesome. Not usually into any horror, but this one was pretty interesting with a great plot.

Rating 7/10
Feb 25, 2015 4:14 PM

Nov 2011
Completed my re-watch today, definitely not as good as the first if you know what's coming but was a good reminder after almost 3 years.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 9, 2015 11:57 AM

Jan 2014
Well, that happened. I never thought that the dead one wasn't even a student. Overall, it was a nice, calm horror anime.
Mar 15, 2015 5:48 PM

Feb 2015
Loved the beginning of the series. The atmosphere was creepy, mysterious, and tense, which was perfect for this type of stories. It was around the end that I didn't enjoyed it so much. I don't know, the series became more of a crazy slasher flick with most (if not all) of the characters becoming psychos all of the sudden.

Not bad overall for a quick watch. Savagely violent for sure, especially by the end.
RPG2000Mar 21, 2015 10:10 AM

Mar 17, 2015 2:51 PM

Oct 2014
Thought that the start of this anime ws actually rather boring tbh, but wow did the later half of this anime make up for it. Damn it was really good in the end!

8/10 from me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2015 2:50 AM

Jul 2014
IT IS FINALLY OVER
Mar 21, 2015 7:14 AM
Nov 2014
I thought I was watching a Michael Bay movie this episode lol.. explosion everywhere xD.

It was pretty meh overall, open ending though.
Apr 5, 2015 11:01 PM

Jan 2014
Not bad. It was fun most of the time :)
Apr 5, 2015 11:08 PM

Oct 2013
So... considering probably half of the student body died in that place, do we consider the school trip idea a success or a failure?

Anyway, it was a pretty fun series. It didn't offer anything really exceptional, but there wasn't anything to dislike either; it has great art & animation, the horror atmosphere was almost always well executed, and it was thoroughly entertaining and occasionally thrilling. One of the few series where it doesn't need to be anything mindblowing in order to be a pretty dang fun ride.

Why'd they have to kill Akazawa though when she wasn't even the extra? shit

antoniocaiee said:
Sry BRO YOU FLUNKED ! HAVE FUN NEXT YEAR!

lmao

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 9, 2015 3:48 PM

Jan 2015
Amazing anime, not much a fan of the horror/suspense category, but damn, this was definitely great. Lots of suspense, blood and a dark atmosphere that kept me holding on my seat.

I'll rate this 9/10.
Apr 13, 2015 5:26 AM

Feb 2015
Well, that was a good end to a good anime but it gets an 8 from me. Reasons:

- No explanation on why that bloody old woman (no pun intended) went batshit crazy

- No explanation on why Mei is able to 'see' death with an artificial eye.

- I didn't feel anything for anyone, well expect the nurse but she died too early... thankfully the suspense kept me going.

- The bloodbath would've been avoided if Mei said something.

- Okay, you're in a burning building with bits of wood and debris crashing down everywhere. What do you do?

1. Hide till it dies down?
A. Who has time for that?

2. Run away?
A. Er... falling debris?

3. Grab your phone and start calling someone?
A. You know what? I'll do just that... I'll do just that while stand still and all. It's not like I'll be crushed to death or roasted alive or anything.

Sigh... don't get me wrong, it IS a good anime.... just the above.
Apr 13, 2015 4:17 PM

Feb 2015
I had a lot of fun, really good Anime. I watched it in one go.
I think the last 2 episodes went a little overboard... it was fun to watch and suspenseful, but it kind of took the "horror" out of it. Some deaths even made me lol :D
PS: I read that there were plans to release a sequel LN back in last Fall , yet there don't seem to be any news about it. Did one you hear something?
Apr 20, 2015 12:10 AM

Feb 2013
Well I was half right, I had guessed Reiko might be dead pretty early on. Her constant headaches and odd behavior is what tipped me off. I had thought maybe due to the calamity stopping midway 15 years ago that the dead one had just stuck around from back then, AKA Reiko. But once the tape was revealed I quickly dropped that theory. Reiko being the teacher was a great twist, I never saw it coming.

As for the series itself, I liked it a lot. I'm usually not a fan of horror anything, since 99% of them fail to scare me in any way. But Another was actually generally creepy and suspenseful. This show had an amazing atmosphere that sucked me in and kept me on the edge of my seat almost the entire way through.

My only complaint is that I didn't like the direction they took with these last 2 episodes. It went from suspenseful and creepy to just ridiculously silly. What I hated the most was how half the students just randomly turned into crazy axe murders lol.

But overall it was still a great series, 9/10.
Shape430Apr 20, 2015 1:14 AM
Apr 20, 2015 9:18 PM
Dec 2012
6/10 for me:

Totally jumped the shark in episode 11 with everyone going batshit crazy for absolutely no reason. I know that there's always a suspension of disbelief with these shows but I just refuse to buy that every single student would decide to kill their class mate on the word of someone saying that.

Also really sad that Twintails/Izumi died. Her going crazy seemed to go against everything they'd done to build up her character til that point. And I know there's always a hint of Final Destination about the deaths in another but the fact she essentially got ragdolled by the glass while the other two who were right next to her weren't harmed? Nope, not buying that for a second.

The series as a whole though was very atmospheric, it made good use of misdirects and drawing suspicion onto several side characters (as well as dropping hints for the real dead person). I found most of the character's to be unsympathetic, and any of the ones who you maybe start to care about are either killed or turned crazy in the last two episodes.

I hear that the manga is a lot better so i might have to check it out, but as it is a promising show ended up going off the rails in the end. Shame.
Apr 20, 2015 10:40 PM

Apr 2014
Best episode of Happy Tree Friends I've seen.
May 10, 2015 2:12 AM

Apr 2015
Well this was amazing!
Will rewatch because there's alot of stuff I didn't understood during the first episodes
Bruh check out my soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/wal-skynner

" Becoming an adult means hating milk chocolate and loving brocolis. "

~ Wal Skynner
May 31, 2015 7:56 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I just loved this anime. One of my favoutites *_*
I loved the bloody ending. Really missed that in the manga :x

Jun 12, 2015 6:03 PM

Jul 2014
This show required such a ridiculous amount of suspension of disbelief. So many situations handled terribly and a key plot moment at the end that came out of nowhere and could have prevented the ENTIRE SITUATION.

Watch it as a comedy instead of a horror. I was laughing at some of the deaths. Good value.

5/10
Jun 21, 2015 2:08 AM

Dec 2014
Do you think anyone would have believed Mei if she said who the dead one is? People were already scared of Mei and Kouichi... one of them would have been the obvious dead one.

It was a great psychological anime!!! Everything was intertwined and the ending was really brilliant! Had we known Reiko was Ms Mikami beforehand, it would have been too obvious in my opinion. :p
I was here? Prove it.
Jun 30, 2015 3:19 AM

Sep 2013
Another is a very epic anime. I really liked it. But is it just me or anyone else think that they did not put proper full stop to story. They just told you about one year or calamity. They did not tell us that how to control/evade it once and for all. I guess its just me.....
Jul 2, 2015 12:40 AM

Sep 2011
The ending ruined my overall opinion of it. It was just too chaotic, like they were trying to stuff everything in at the last moment. Some of the deaths were just extremely silly. The triple kill, then a perfectly timed pillar, and the dining room door explosion all should have never happened.

I get supernatural stuff is evolved but suddenly everyone becomes psychos? Lightning would never strike that often in one area. And what was the inn lady's problem and the girl trying to kill her best friend, despite not thinking she was the extra?

There wasn't enough clues or hints to help, a critically thinking audience, figure out who the extra was. It as just, this is the extra, and here's an arbitrary detail and some left out info that's supposed to somehow, make it make sense.

I was planning on giving the series a 10/10 because I loved it up until now. But after reflection, I'm dropping that to a 8/10 overall. 6/10 for the episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2015 10:16 AM

Jun 2015
what a surprise! I didn't see that one coming
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 17, 2015 1:00 PM

Mar 2014
Finally I've finished this cinematic logical fallacy of an anime

It was so retarded that it was hilarious

2/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 24, 2015 12:52 PM

Feb 2013
Akazawa noooo
Oct 25, 2015 1:25 AM

Sep 2013
What the fuck. So Reiko killer is the same guy that Akazawa met?
Nov 6, 2015 4:02 PM

Nov 2009
Man I really enjoyed this show and I was quite surprised by the extra one reveal. It kind of shows though that Mei could of identified the person a long time ago but who would actually believe her? Its a shame we will never find out who originally killed Reiko, im thinking along the lines of either Izumi's brother or Koichi himself but all that can be done is speculate.
Nov 13, 2015 9:43 PM

Dec 2014
well of course the curse isn't completely broken, then it wouldn't be a horror. The cycle will continue...
Jan 3, 2016 10:04 PM

Aug 2009
i'm okay with the conclusion but the previous eps seemed like a trainwreck to me.

I mean c'mon, what are the chances that people just became cold-blooded killers all of a sudden, and so much disasters happening in that villa it's like the place got nuked lol

overall meh, time to check out the ova
Jan 4, 2016 9:26 PM
May 2012
sirhcnil said:
i'm okay with the conclusion but the previous eps seemed like a trainwreck to me.

I mean c'mon, what are the chances that people just became cold-blooded killers all of a sudden, and so much disasters happening in that villa it's like the place got nuked lol

overall meh, time to check out the ova

Well, I think the curse has the ability to kind of mess with peoples minds. We know that it can alter their memories in a significant way. It's not too much of a stretch to imagine it can help people along the process of becoming unhinged. Plus, the final Episodes took place about halfway through the year, right? Can you imagine the psychological stress those students had been under for months? Then the sudden opportunity to end it all right then and there presents itself? I also imagine most of the students would be suffering from a severe lack of sleep. Seeing a teacher brutally murder themselves and spray you with their blood in the process could leave some um....trauma. Even under the best of circumstances (relatively speaking).

I think the last episodes were a culmination of all of that, plus I think the curse was getting stronger as the year went on. Just my personal theory based off of how it seemed to become more and more aggressive throughout the year. The curse was at full strength and the students were cracking up under months of severe psychological pressure.
Feb 8, 2016 1:00 AM

Sep 2012
Well this was a real horror series right here. 10/10. This was messed up in so many ways. I liked it. Sucks it's over though.
Feb 15, 2016 8:14 AM

May 2014
Ohkay.. so who didn't die in the end?

I wonder if (re)killing the dead did much good since there are not many students left anyway.

Why don't they just shut down the whole school. Repeating something and expecting different results is insanity isn't it. I mean shouldn't lives be more important than education?

But yea, good series. Crazy but captivating plot.
Feb 15, 2016 9:16 PM

Aug 2015
Huh, the reveal didn't come off as all that great. And I didn't really see a reason for them to kill Akazawa except to ship Sakakibara and Mei at the end.
Feb 23, 2016 10:30 AM
Feb 2016
Ok so i just finished watching this anime, but i haven't read the manga yet. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this theory or not but imma put it out there anyway lol. So in the town they live in their memories get altered by the calamity right? In the last episode Sakakibara says to Reiko right before sending her back to death "goodbye mother". Which got me to thinking what is Reiko really was Sakaibara's mother although it is believed that she passed away during child birth. The calamity/town does have the power to alter memories, so wouldn't this be possible? Couldn't Reiko actually be Sakakibara's real mother? Lol i just wanted to get my theory out there and also wanted to see if anyone else had the same theory X) Well if anyone reads this lemme know wat u thinkX) and throw theories at me as well lol.
Feb 23, 2016 12:16 PM
Feb 2014
One of the best series to ever exist, especially in the horror genre. Just gotta LOVE IT <3
I love horror, macabre, eroguro, gore and all but not many manage to scare you.
Another on the other hand gave the feeling of uneasiness (not fear but still) so it is a big plus.
The only other series which manages to leave on us a similar effect is Yami Shibai the first season (currently watching other seasons), well I guess. It's probably because of the animation style they did.

I never suspected Reiko to be the extra and that's a big plus, well done for that.

Hope for a season 2, spin off or anything

someone said they are working on a spin off? is that ongoing?

also I need to find the Light Novel :'( anyone know where I can read it?

:3

btw does anyone know if the dolls Misaki hangs around are made from plastic or what?

_kaas said:
LadyBird said:
Can I just state before anyone actually comes here and starts discussing:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PUT SPOILERS UNDER A SPOILER TAG. A lot of curious people are going to browse these forums and I want to make it clear beforehand that it's not fair to everyone when we spoil.
If you do write under a spoiler tag, MAKE SURE you CLEARLY STATE that you're about to post something so big.
Please keep everyone else in mind when posting!!!

It's your own fault if you get spoiled by reading a thread discussing the damn episode

ahneeme said:

I'm not going to use spoilers because people who don't want to get spoiled shouldn't be coming in here to read before they finish the episode.

Are both of you that inconsiderate? Sure it's a fact that it's their own fault to get spoiled if they read it before watching the anime but we all went through the experience of being spoiled just cause of curiosity until we learned from that experience and started reading comments after watching. That said it's nice from us who experienced it to at the very least put Spoiler tags and warn, it's not much work but helps a lot.

ahneeme said:

Also give the stupid tape recorder thing with how to stop the calamity to the principal or something!
Why would they stick it in the closet again poor kids who will have to go back to look for it.
They might never find it.
The principal locks away stuff and would never show it to the teens thinking they (as a school) shouldn't involve them in such stuff.

Sir_Lexa said:

Awesome show, almost a 10. But I'll go with 9/10.

camelkid11 said:
that was awesome! can't believe it! 9/10 for me.

I don't want to sound like I'm forcing you to rate it a 10 but I wonder just why do some people feel the need to give a rating 9 instead of a 10? I feel like they would really give it a 10 but just want themselves to feel like a true critic or something so they give it a 9. There's a lot of series anime or not which deserve a 10 but critics give it a 9 to give out the illusion of being very perceptive and informed of the show. Cause if one site gave it a 10 and others 9 fans would think the one that gave a 10 is less dependable in regards of providing us with a valuable review or impression.

oh btw please msg your replies to me rather than posting them here because if you post them here it might give negative thoughts to people and none sure wants that especially after having just finished the series (since this is the finale thread) again please (if you want to reply ofc)

ClementIV said:
Great anime! 9/10. Had I not seen seen the spoilers I might have given it a 10

Oh come on don't let a spoiler judge the worth of a show for you :(

Hakuromatsu said:
Kurimu-chan said:
So, wait, they NEVER told us that the teacher was Reiko?

Nope! ^_^
That was the best decision ever along with using different seiyuu's
projectfear22Feb 23, 2016 12:31 PM
Feb 23, 2016 11:19 PM
Sep 2015
Ok, thinking back on it, I don't think this was Final Destination the Anime. It's Darwin Award: The Anime! Every single dead student after they realized the "calamity" started deserves the Darwin Award for not getting out of town ASAP. The smarter ones should've moved as soon as they were put into that cursed class.

Unless, along with rewriting memories and records, the calamity rewrites everybody's common sense?

This would've been a 8/10 show, but dropping a point because everybody was too dumb to be believable.

Also, what's up with that librarian saying that 10 people died due to the calamity? I count at least 10 people before they even got to the mansion, and then at least that many died in the mansion itself, probably more.

diamondketo said:

(Kouichi never left Yomiyama after Reiko died the first time, therefore his memories are altered as well)

What makes you think he never left? I think he was only there for the funeral. His father on the phone asked him what it's like to be back after 1.5 years before the calamity started tinkering with the conversation. His memories probably only became altered once he moved back in May.

MAKE LOGIC ABOUT THE CALAMITY!!
The calamity has basically no logic in it, it is a curse and a event of misfortune. You can think of this as a punishment from God to the Class of 1972. There is no way to 100% stop the calamity forever (not in the anime/manga/novel that is).

I think there is some logic to it at least - once the dead person is in the classroom, Death starts looking for them. But Death's memories are erased as well, so it starts killing indiscriminately until the Dead person is Dead again.
kalinimeFeb 23, 2016 11:43 PM
Pages (21) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

665 by L01MK »»
Feb 11, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.