Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2012 11:34 AM
Feb 2012
Why would they make the stabber look like Sakakibara though?
I just don't get it.
and why does the grandpa remember the funeral and no one else?

I wanted the girl with the pigtails was the extra one but Reiko was always creepy from the start.

I'm not going to use spoilers because people who don't want to get spoiled shouldn't be coming in here to read before they finish the episode.

Also give the stupid tape recorder thing with how to stop the calamity to the principal or something!
Why would they stick it in the closet again poor kids who will have to go back to look for it.
They might never find it.
ahneemeMar 26, 2012 11:39 AM
Mar 26, 2012 11:35 AM

Feb 2012
justinas said:
Just one question - when did Reiko come back to life and how nobody remembered that she died? o_O
Seriously?

Did you even watch the earlier eps?
Mar 26, 2012 11:36 AM

Feb 2009
justinas said:
Just one question - when did Reiko come back to life and how nobody remembered that she died? o_O

That's part of the calamity, no one knows she's the dead, so no one knows about her death. And when she's dead again, people will forget about her.

Anyways, I thought the calamity manager was it.. the dead was a bit far-fetched, you'd expect a more.. normal character (a student)
Mar 26, 2012 11:37 AM
Dec 2011
oh i c now, the guy that killed Reiko was also the same guy that help the pigtail girl? that does explain why the guy that killed her looked soo much like sakakibara and why the pigtail girl thought it was sakakibara that help her.
Mar 26, 2012 11:37 AM
Jul 2011
Can I ask a quick question? Why did Sakakibara say "Goodbye Mother" To Reiko? I thought his mother was dead? Kinda confuzzled here XD
Mar 26, 2012 11:39 AM

Oct 2009
justinas said:

That's what happens when someone becomes the another.. :']

Seems like a lot of people were right about the dead one, I really thought Akazawa was the dead one though xD
Still I'm overjoyed that Teshigawara is still alive XDDD he was my favorite character after all :']

Loved the series!
Mar 26, 2012 11:41 AM
Aug 2010
A nice ending...kinda.

The majority of the deaths for this episode were so damn laughable rather than shocking or sad.

Akazawa dying was NOT sad since she had turned into a crazy bitch, and she had been a huge bitch throughout the series so I really don't care that she died.

Once again, I really didn't like how Misaki acted during the majority of this episode, she just seemed too calm and nonchalant about the situation.

As for the Reiko thing, Yeah, it was surprising, I never thought Mikami was Reiko, then again I never questioned it.

Overall it was an entertaining anime with plenty of mystery and suspense....8/10.

Honestly, with the majority of the anime this season being GARBAGE, this anime was probably one of the best ones....but only by default.
Mar 26, 2012 11:47 AM

Mar 2010
This episode made me sure that I truly hate Akazawa. Her death scene was epic xD
Didn't expect that Reiko and Mikami was the same person but I think it was a good way to end this great anime. 10/10
Mar 26, 2012 11:48 AM

Mar 2010
ichigo03 said:

Akazawa dying was NOT sad since she had turned into a crazy bitch, and she had been a huge bitch throughout the series so I really don't care that she died.

100% agree
Mar 26, 2012 11:50 AM

Feb 2012
8/10 or 9/10 overall for this series.

Really enjoyed it, but then again I might be jaded by it being the only decent series in a season that was an utter pile of shit with such "fine specimens" as Nisemonogatari, Mirai Nikki and Black Rock Shooter stinking it up.
Mar 26, 2012 11:51 AM

Apr 2010
Good start, weak middle, awesome Ep 10-11, weak finale.

Disappointed, 5/10.
Mar 26, 2012 11:52 AM

Feb 2012
Loved it. Great everything. I don't even need to go into a big speech about how much I loved it. It was just a wonderful experience that I never really have tied with such a short series before. It's sad that it is now over, but all good things must come to an end.
Mar 26, 2012 11:52 AM

Sep 2011
Good episode,its over.

Great way to end the anime,at first there were some nice death i really lol when that guy survive the chandelier then he run to the door and get own by a pillar....that made me laugh hard!!

I knew that was Reiko it was kinda obvious if you look all the clues they give about her,still kinda sad that she die and specially in the hands of Sakakibara.

So sad that Izumi died....specially that way,i really like her a lot but she kinda needed to die so MeixSakakibara work without problems,still got teary when she remember about their meeting and when she said "You should have say even that you didnt remember"....goodbye Izumi-chan

At the end we got a obvious MeixSakakibara scenes were hearthwarming after so many shit,Mei smile makes everything be ok....going to miss her.

They live a disc to tell the next generation about the curse...it will never stop...never.

It was a great episode,good characters,the story was good,the music was great and there was many deaths and me being a sucker for terror/mystery genre i must say i enjoy it quite a lot,without a doubt 9/10 for me going to miss my weekly terror...cant wait for next season many mystery animes incoming YA!!!
Mar 26, 2012 12:02 PM

Jul 2010
That was pretty crazy. Thanks to spoilers, I knew who the dead one was. But I didn't know that it was also Reiko so that's pretty crazy.

Good series. I enjoyed it, but there were inconsistencies in certain areas.
I give it an 8/10 for a great show, but disorganized climax and kind of random dead person.
Mar 26, 2012 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
I didn't really care for the execution of this episode, but it was an improvement over last week's. Still not as good as the earlier episodes in the series and something about the ending seemed off. I haven't read the manga but I'm pretty sure this has to be the weaker of the two adaptations.

Chibiki was a total badass and I'm glad Teshy and Mochizuki are okay.

I'd probably give the first ten or so episodes an 8/10, but factoring in the subpar last two... probably 6/10. They messed up the tone big time. Decent series nonetheless.

Apr 2009
whoisfriend said:
Cloudy-Sky said:
Ugh i really loved it. But it seems i missed something. someone explain me why

In that case, Sakakibara must have a evil twin brother. :D
Whenever you correct someone's grammar just remember that nobody likes you.

Jul 2011
dam, that was tense, overall id give this anime a 8.5/10, it kept me interested and it was a nice horror anime, i felt sorry for reiko and akazawa for dying, i never would of thought reiko was another

i wonder if they will make a new season with different characters, telling how they dealt with the curse and maybe how to stop the curse once and for all
Mar 26, 2012 12:08 PM

Sep 2010
Great last episode. Overall a quite enjoyable anime.
Mar 26, 2012 12:09 PM

Jan 2011
It was awesome!
Too bad it's over now :(
I'll give it 9/10 because it didn't bore me :)
Mar 26, 2012 12:10 PM

Sep 2011
One of my friends and I had discussed the possibility of it being Reiko, but had dismissed that as a mere joke. Can't believe it turned out to be her. Great show, so glad I kept watching it while it was running.
Mar 26, 2012 12:12 PM

Dec 2011
Interesting show and ending. Hilarious deaths yet again.

I'm glad the class leader bitch-girl died. Hated her so much. She even tried to kill Mei because of glasses-girl!

And i love how Sakakibara killed his aunt. Twice at that.
Dat grin:
Mar 26, 2012 12:13 PM

Nov 2007
RayanaXx said:
Why don't they just close the damn school? Someone explain please T_T

Exactly. Why?! It's so stupid.
Mar 26, 2012 12:15 PM

Oct 2009
I wish there was a sequel but I highly doubt it with these ending.
REIKO WHY ;-;!!!???
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2012 12:16 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
I had hard time deciding 9/10 or 10/10 .. but 10/10 .. no specific reason.. i rate by how i feel about anime not analyze every freaking detail.. not like damn detail lunatic.. i loved anime and i can score by feeling how i felt about anime so.. i decided 10/10

Very unexpected that Reiko was extra one T_T ... R.I.P ..and yeah dead stayed dead. i kinda hoped that time would reset and all would be alive again only reiko is gone and calamity ends.

Oct 2009
I wish there was a sequel but I highly doubt it with these ending.
REIKO WHY ;-;!!!???
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 2011
Is it my computer or does the poll really fail?

Feb 2008
lobkestar said:
Can someone give me a big explanation of the whole episode? I want to know if I understood everything.

What happened: People still killing each other, Misaki knows that it's Reiko, who by the way, is the same as Ms. Mikami. This correlation was never explained until the flashbacks shown in the episode with the grandparents, reiko herself, and the parrot saying it. Reiko died a year and a half ago in the anime by an unknown assailant, and for the funeral, Sakakibara came over during the time for the funeral, and happened to run into Akazawa, who was grieving over the loss of her cousin at the time. But since Reiko became "Another," Sakakibara lost his memories of his time being there since he attended the funeral, Akazawa, however, did not attend the funeral thus why she remembers meeting Sakakibara. And everyone was happy.

Oct 2007
It kind of bugs me that this episode they revealed they had the right number of desks for students this year. Misaki says so. Why did no one question this at all? Why was this never brought up before the final episode?

Also, kind of disappointed that Reiko was just kind of killed with no discussion. You'd think Sakakibara would have tried to get her to remember or something so she would accept it or something.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted (although spoilers caught me last week-damn!)
Mar 26, 2012 12:17 PM

Jan 2011
I'll give this a 9/10 because it didn't bore me.
Is it my pc or does the poll fail?
Mar 26, 2012 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
Mei waited for so long because she wanted to get rid of the competition. Hence the rape face at the end.

"take me, Sakakibara-kun"
Mar 26, 2012 12:19 PM

Feb 2012
RayanaXx said:

8/10
I'm guessing it's the only school in town.

Besides, even if they demolish it and make a new school it will probably end up the same.

Remember, the building they're in now is new. The old building where the calamity started is already closed yet it still happens.

Changing the class name and whatnot didn't matter either. The calamity is probably connected to the whole town.
Mar 26, 2012 12:21 PM

Jan 2012
Ksss, i just want ,,Another'' anime like this >.> This is just...
MomooiroAug 11, 2013 4:14 PM
Mar 26, 2012 12:21 PM

Nov 2010
So it was the teacher (aka Reiko). Didn't see it coming, I was more expecting a student. Anyway great serie, I will miss it
Mar 26, 2012 12:22 PM

Feb 2010
It was kind of funny when the students were running out of the mansion. That one guy finally got out of the chandelier just to get hit by even something bigger LOl.
Mar 26, 2012 12:28 PM

Nov 2009
KONmusiclover said:
Can I ask a quick question? Why did Sakakibara say "Goodbye Mother" To Reiko? I thought his mother was dead? Kinda confuzzled here XD

Reiko looks like his mother. Mei has pointed the similarities out before. Reiko as special to Kouichi means that she was more than his aunt.

Everything is always obvious in restrospect, so if not for countless spoilers and deaths that singled out the Another, I doubt anyone would have thought of who it really was.

Akazawa died in the novel, and this anime is based on the novel, not the manga. Her death was different, though. I do prefer the manga's drawing, however.

Still, overall, the novel is better.

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Mar 26, 2012 12:31 PM

Jul 2010
there were some differences compared to the manga, but who cares?
it was a real pleasure to see it^^
8/10
Mar 26, 2012 12:32 PM

Sep 2011
RayanaXx said:

8/10

IRL japan, this would have ahppened years ago.

And even if that's not the case; the massacre would have been ALL OVER THE NEWS. I'm surprised they weren't flocked by reporters and the school definitely would have been shut down.

5/10 Average.
No.
Mar 26, 2012 12:33 PM
Feb 2012
If no one is supposed to remember, how could Mei and the Grandpa remember?
Why did/what made the teacher return?
Mar 26, 2012 12:34 PM

Jun 2009
10/10 Awesome anime, great story.

Kinda sad that Izumi had to die... And lol, Teshigawara isnt a murderer afterall.

Doesn't this make you hungry?
Mar 26, 2012 12:35 PM

Jul 2011
Same i put 8.5/10 to this anime.
It were very misterious till the end. I was suprised for the "ghost" if i can say haha.

Anyway, good anime.
Mar 26, 2012 12:36 PM

Aug 2010
So he killed her both times?

walktheplankMar 26, 2012 8:52 PM
Mar 26, 2012 12:36 PM

May 2010
Lestrade said:
And I thought it was Akazawa all along...
Oh well, it would have been a bit awkward if Mikami were killed by a dust mop last episode. And as expected the reason for Kazami to go berserk was because of Sakuragi. His absence in the second half of the show hinted at his grugde he held for our protagonists.

Overall, a good episode to conclude this series and I felt the directior put more effort in this episode than usual especially regarding the scene before Reiko's death.

I somehow suspected Reiko to be the extra since various people felt the need to mention that the manga made clear that Mikami and Reiko were the same person. However, it still came off as a surprise to me as this anime is adapted from the novel and therefore I thought it differed from the manga in some points particularly in this aspect.

Yeah this is totally adapted in the Novel coz in manga Akazawa didn't die, only injured and his hair got burnt and need to cut it short.
Mar 26, 2012 12:38 PM

Feb 2012
MelbShaw said:
It was kind of funny when the students were running out of the mansion. That one guy finally got out of the chandelier just to get hit by even something bigger LOl.
I admit, I rofl'd pretty hard seeing that.

So close, yet so far for that kid.
Mar 26, 2012 12:39 PM

Aug 2011
Why did they ruin such a nice atmosphere that was present in the first few episodes? Why switch from actual horror to plain gore? Also, this episode wasn't much better in terms of common sense than the previous ones - the whole hotel is about to collapse (wait, why hasn't it yet?) and Sakakibara just walks in, get's hit by a burning plank and calmly walks on.

I have to admit that even though I didn't really like Mei (apart from the first few episodes, when she was very mysterious), without the eyepatch she looked really cute! Like a change of personalities xD

As for the ending - it was predictable and logical, but I would have wanted it to be a questionable ending. The atmosphere became way too happy in the end for Another. Btw, how did Mei still remember Reiko if she wasn't the one that killed her? And lastly, poor Akazawa =(
Mar 26, 2012 12:40 PM
Apr 2008
I have to agree with some people that the finale was a bit weak, but I guess you can only do so much in one episode. I was worried that they wouldn't be able to answer most of our questions but they did a good job with it.

ONE thing though. They never answered why or how the calamity all started. Chibiki mentioned in one of the previous episodes that he had done something that started the calamity and the reason he's at the school was because he feels guilty. He never explained in detail what exactly happened. I was sort of disappointed that they didn't answer that, but I guess some things are better left as a mystery...? :/

Overall, good series that kept me guessing and interested. 9/10 for me.
Mar 26, 2012 12:40 PM

May 2010
Digglett said:
Yvese said:
sakakibara. It was just someone that looked like him.

I'm pretty sure it was Sakaki.

No, he wasn't the one who killed Reiko, just look alike. Sakakibara only came to Yomiyama for her funeral 1.5 years ago but it is altered and he does not remember because of the curse.
Mar 26, 2012 12:41 PM

Apr 2009
sleeplesstown said:
Mei waited for so long because she wanted to get rid of the competition. Hence the rape face at the end.

"take me, Sakakibara-kun"

Haha. I like that theory.
Whenever you correct someone's grammar just remember that nobody likes you.
Mar 26, 2012 12:42 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I didn't like how over the top some of the deaths were, particularly in the last episodes. I thought this anime was at its best when it did things in a more restrained fashion.

Still probably the best thing this season. I'd love to give it a rewatch knowing what I know now. Somehow the whole Reiko/Mikami thing confuses me.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 26, 2012 12:43 PM

Nov 2007
Suspension of Disbelief: The Anime.

4/10. Sort of deserves even lower, but it was at least entertaining crap.
Mar 26, 2012 12:44 PM

May 2011
Yeah, EPIC ENDING!!
Pages (21) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

665 by L01MK »»
Feb 11, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.