Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 21, 2023 6:37 AM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007
Kineta said:
If any more ideas come to you about episode discussions specifically, feel free to open a separate discussion thread about this topic and start collecting new spitballs in there as they come to you :blob-yes:

Here.
Jul 25, 2023 10:50 AM

Sep 2021
Should we keep the girl i like forgot her glasses in team considering no of people dropping it?
Is there any hope that will be pick it up?
Jul 26, 2023 9:42 PM

May 2022
kunal_1301 said:
Should we keep the girl i like forgot her glasses in team considering no of people dropping it?
Is there any hope that will be pick it up?
Dropped count does not happen that often, I think it shows up 2 more time week before the final week of the contest. Also next week is  - Members Watching (2x) and it is still the 3rd most watched show so stick in there and do not use your swap just yet. Also the majority of weeks will be members watching.
Jul 27, 2023 9:19 AM

Sep 2021
I think from this week onward masumune will keep beating ruroni what do you all think?
Aug 5, 2023 2:07 AM

Jul 2012
Lot of players, new and old are still confused with how ace works. It would be cool if team highlighted potential ace target. I actually made simple tampermonkey script that does it. It should be possible for fal staff to just copy/paste script into fal webpage. https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/472471-fal-potential-ace-highlight

Team page should also display 5 shows in row instead of 4, then it is better when people screenshot their team asking help. I know this has been already requested, but it is really easy fix.
.grid-cols-4 {  /* change this existing line */ 
    grid-template-columns: repeat(5,  minmax(0,1fr)); 
}
a.p-0 img {  /* and add new rule */ 
    height: inherit!important;
    display: block;
} 

NMx13Aug 5, 2023 2:13 AM
Sep 13, 2023 7:11 AM
Sep 2016
I am a bit confused about this weeks "completed x2" counter. I'm rather new to the game so I've checked about 20 season anime and none of them end this week. The earliest I've found are next monday and tuesday. Is there any reason or merit as to why this is part of this weeks challenge? If this was already answered elsewhere, I'm sorry to bother, but could someone show me where to read it up?

On another note: wouldn't it be handy to use some sort of clarification that "dropped users" actually reduced the points of a certain anime? At least I have no other explanation as to why "The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses" has negative points.
Sep 13, 2023 9:09 AM
Oct 2017
Reply to ShotgunLover
I am a bit confused about this weeks "completed x2" counter. I'm rather new to the game so I've checked about 20 season anime and none of them end this week. The earliest I've found are next monday and tuesday. Is there any reason or merit as to why this is part of this weeks challenge? If this was already answered elsewhere, I'm sorry to bother, but could someone show me where to read it up?

On another note: wouldn't it be handy to use some sort of clarification that "dropped users" actually reduced the points of a certain anime? At least I have no other explanation as to why "The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses" has negative points.
ShotgunLover said:
none of them end this week

Okashi na Tensei ended yesterday. I think it always says that. Watching = Completed in that regard.

ShotgunLover said:
wouldn't it be handy to use some sort of clarification that "dropped users" actually reduced the points of a certain anime?

It's explained in the rules under Points Criteria:
Dropped Users (Weeks 4, 8, 11, 13):

-4 points for each user on MAL who has the anime under "Dropped" that week.
-8 points in Week 13.

Oct 9, 2023 12:04 PM
Jul 2014
I'm posting my question here for visibility, even though I pinged on Discord as well:

It seems like there is a confusion going on with how points from discussions are calculated this season.

Several people have tried to match the comment count of the official tracker, but nobody has managed to succeed.

The official rules on the site state:
+75 points for each unique user who writes one or more forum posts in the anime's episode discussion threads in the previous two weeks.

How are we supposed to interpret this?

Does this mean that each unique user can only contribute a maximum of 75 points to the respective week score even if they post in 5 different episode threads?
OR
Does this mean that each unique user post in each episode thread counts separately to the discussion points of that week (so if a user makes 5 posts in 5 different episode threads, they would contribute 525 points towards that week's score)?

Currently it looks like the official tracker is counting the latter, but at the same time we can't get it to match the discussion points for shows that started before the deadline (so either we're counting something wrong or the official tracker is counting something wrong).

Can we get an official confirmation what is supposed to be counted?
Oct 22, 2023 11:24 AM
Apr 2017
Reply to NMx13
Lot of players, new and old are still confused with how ace works. It would be cool if team highlighted potential ace target. I actually made simple tampermonkey script that does it. It should be possible for fal staff to just copy/paste script into fal webpage. https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/472471-fal-potential-ace-highlight

Team page should also display 5 shows in row instead of 4, then it is better when people screenshot their team asking help. I know this has been already requested, but it is really easy fix.
.grid-cols-4 {  /* change this existing line */ 
    grid-template-columns: repeat(5,  minmax(0,1fr)); 
}
a.p-0 img {  /* and add new rule */ 
    height: inherit!important;
    display: block;
} 

@NMx13 Nice initiative. I would suggest adding a UI warning if anime is aced before threshold crossing for the week. As a first time serious participant that season, I had aced Zom for week 1 or 2 right before it was crossing 75k and the ux should have invalidated it. Instead it dished out -5k end of the week without showing any indication it would.
Oct 22, 2023 5:42 PM
Aug 2019
Reply to Martinch
I'm posting my question here for visibility, even though I pinged on Discord as well:

It seems like there is a confusion going on with how points from discussions are calculated this season.

Several people have tried to match the comment count of the official tracker, but nobody has managed to succeed.

The official rules on the site state:
+75 points for each unique user who writes one or more forum posts in the anime's episode discussion threads in the previous two weeks.

How are we supposed to interpret this?

Does this mean that each unique user can only contribute a maximum of 75 points to the respective week score even if they post in 5 different episode threads?
OR
Does this mean that each unique user post in each episode thread counts separately to the discussion points of that week (so if a user makes 5 posts in 5 different episode threads, they would contribute 525 points towards that week's score)?

Currently it looks like the official tracker is counting the latter, but at the same time we can't get it to match the discussion points for shows that started before the deadline (so either we're counting something wrong or the official tracker is counting something wrong).

Can we get an official confirmation what is supposed to be counted?
@Martinch good luck. I dont think the people running it even know.. its a new system that apparently was not thought through this far (not that im judging) just stating a fact..

props to you for even attempting to calculate it.. ive just been trying to guess with an average number of posts which somtimes is close and other times way off..
Oct 31, 2023 8:15 AM
Feb 2011
Hey Folks,

very similar question to above but from a slightly different angle. If you have automated data input from MAL to your own FAL tracker - how are you dealing with the new discussion rule? I have looked at official API, Jikan + started to investigate other good, old-fashioned methods but can't seem to find any straightforward solution for getting unique user count.

I am pretty sure @Samii has this figured out in FAL 2023 Fall tracker as I've seen alignment in the numbers there but tbh any advice would be highly appreciated :D

Oct 31, 2023 1:39 PM
Oct 2017
Reply to Grimiku
Hey Folks,

very similar question to above but from a slightly different angle. If you have automated data input from MAL to your own FAL tracker - how are you dealing with the new discussion rule? I have looked at official API, Jikan + started to investigate other good, old-fashioned methods but can't seem to find any straightforward solution for getting unique user count.

I am pretty sure @Samii has this figured out in FAL 2023 Fall tracker as I've seen alignment in the numbers there but tbh any advice would be highly appreciated :D

@Grimiku You get all posters per thread, strip them of any duplicate names and count them. The API provides the user name for every post.
Nov 2, 2023 10:02 AM
Feb 2011
Reply to kelpforest
@Grimiku You get all posters per thread, strip them of any duplicate names and count them. The API provides the user name for every post.
@kelpforest, thanks! I can see I might have missed the user per topic in Get forum topic detail request. The rest makes perfect sense, thanks again.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Week 2: Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Apr 14

39 by goldenotaqu »»
Yesterday, 4:47 PM

» I aced Kaiju No. 8 this week, is it still eligible?

spaceman777 - Apr 20

1 by Ax1om »»
Apr 20, 9:58 AM

» Week 1: Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Apr 7

13 by MistyBlue »»
Apr 13, 3:04 PM

» Week 12: Wildcard/Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Mar 24

9 by Zoopiez »»
Mar 31, 5:24 PM

» Week 11: Wildcard/Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Mar 17

12 by Zoopiez »»
Mar 18, 6:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.