Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 9, 2012 4:28 PM
Mar 2012
Does anyone know where to find the Zoldyck theme?
Apr 10, 2012 8:22 PM

Feb 2010
Liinah said:
Young Killua looked so ugly in this version, >_>

but Killua's never ugly...he can't ever be ugly....TT__TT ~
Apr 11, 2012 3:19 PM

Dec 2009
EarlCiel said:
Liinah said:
Young Killua looked so ugly in this version, >_>

but Killua's never ugly...he can't ever be ugly....TT__TT ~

It hurts my heart to say it, but.. he does look ugly. ;AA;
I love him, but he just looks weird on this version sometimes.
Apr 29, 2012 5:37 AM

Apr 2012
I'm surprised by how well the remake is dealing with the darker themes... they're not shying away from the violence and blood, and they're not covering up what's actually happening. I'm glad the censorship's getting better. I don't really have any complaints about the new version anymore, except for the background music~

Surprised that they included stuff that wasn't in the manga though... (at least, where I've read. I'm reading it pretty much alongside the new anime so it might be there later.) So far the remake's abandoned all the original's extra padding, so it was strange that they elaborated on Killua and Kanaria's past. Not complaining though, it just surprised me to see it XD.

Killua's face when Milluki mentioned killing Gon, Kurapika and Leorio! He looked so nuts whut.

Oh, and someone needs to kill his mother already. *glares*
May 22, 2012 7:57 AM

Jul 2009
This arc always left me cold and this new version hasn't done much to change my mind.
Jul 1, 2012 5:23 PM

Sep 2008
Yay Mamiko Noto actually got some lines!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2012 6:40 PM

Jan 2012
ippen shinde miru?

i hope this anime continues all the way
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jul 15, 2012 7:03 AM

Jun 2009
Incredible episode. I find Killua so much more menacing here, and it's obvious the Zoldyck family has a completely different way of life. Such as how the mother actually seemed proud of Killua for threatening her at the end. I like how this series is gradually escalating the tone throughout.

RoCSC-006C1BST said:

However I hated this episode. Everything feels so cheap, infantile, "in your face", like watching a film with orange and blue scenes. There is no subtleness, the past shown here from Killua and Kanaria even altered how their personalities are to be presented. I love HxH, but this episode to me was 1 out of 5.

I love it when something is subtle. But there is a time and place for it and this is not a fitting situation for it. You NEED to have the creepiness shoved in your face here, to understand that these people are not normal by any stretch of the imagination. It gives you a firm grip of what Killua is really like. Can't speak much about the Canary and Killua scene, but it seems most of the manga readers are happy with it so I'm pretty certain that isn't the case.
Ston3_FreeN7Jul 15, 2012 7:09 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 7, 2012 5:07 PM

Aug 2010
Killua is finally free! This was a great episode.
Aug 8, 2012 3:12 AM

Aug 2012
It's funny how Gon and Mito seal a promise with a 'kiss', while Killua and Silva use blood. xD
Aug 10, 2012 5:30 AM

Mar 2009
If there's one thing that's been lacking in this version of Hunter x Hunter, it's definitely the overly bombastic and jarring OST. The '99 soundtrack was superior in every way.
...fortunately, lately the music has gotten much better. This episode, in particular, had some nice tracks. The music is slowly but surely improving.

Man, that Zoldyck family sure is menacing and intriguing. Even on my second viewing of this arc, I still can't tell whether Silva has any love for Killua, or is simply manipulating him.
Sep 10, 2012 10:16 AM

Mar 2007
Panaru said:
Score. Silva has been the first character that I think hands down has a better voice actor than the original anime.

I also like the portrayal of Kanaria and Killua's relationship here better than the original.

27CansOfTuna said:

Backstory was pretty nice, Canary so epic. Otherwise Killua was pretty cool. Best moment was Father son chat as well Killua just breaking free. It changed my impression of the family, only the mom seems crazy of sorts, and the way she ran and gets angry.

Love that pic of Killua. This episode was done better than the original, for once.
Mar 10, 2013 1:07 PM

Oct 2012
the fat brother is lacking in aura and looks of assassins,also he does not sound or act like one. The mother is a wacko and dressed out of place.those 2 give me the impression that they are the weakest, an easy win.

Also, wasn't canary suppose to expunge those who crossed the line? she clearly went out of the boundary she set to kick those bandits' butt. It may look cool and all, but they should remember what the character said and stick too it, or explain why the characters did not.
needalistMar 10, 2013 1:23 PM
Jun 2, 2013 9:41 PM

May 2012
Tsk tsk.. Killua is really a badass kid.. too bad he is with a very creepy family.
Jun 2, 2013 9:43 PM

May 2012
27CansOfTuna said:

Love that pic of Killua. This episode was done better than the original, for once.

I totally agree. This one was done much better than the original. Killua looks really dangerous.
Jun 8, 2013 3:24 PM

Nov 2011
Jun 13, 2013 8:48 PM

Dec 2012
Awesome episode. Even better than the old version. I really liked Canary's past and how she defeated the bandits. The Zoldyck family soundtrack is awesome not as good as the old one though. Killua with that face, loved it. Silva and Zeno badass just like I remembered them.
Jul 23, 2013 4:15 PM
Jul 2012
Meh don't really like that girl in the first half so she is not that interesting. But the thing helps makes the episode good is the father son talk that was nice.
3.5/5 round to 5
Jul 31, 2013 2:56 AM

Dec 2012
The father son talk was interesting, Killua's dad seems like a reasonable and understanding guy. At least seems, since the last part of the episode he looked a bit maniacal. I'm a bit surprised at how Killua was just let go and that there haven't really been any serious confrontations, but something may be cooking up now that the mom is losing her marbles.
Dec 10, 2013 11:13 PM

Jan 2012
the mom's hysterical, the dad looks like a deranged archangel, the little sis is mysterious and pretty, the fat bro's funny-dumb, there's a grandpa that lets you root for someone, and of course killua's perfect and my fav char

so the whole zoldyk family rocks. theyre all just so insane and quirky, i was entertained the whole episode because i never knew what was up. killua too - he's obviously a good guy, but as a fellow zoldyk, he always keeps you on your toes cause you never know when those killer instincts will catch you by surprise.
Dec 31, 2013 8:34 PM

Jul 2013
Killua's fatass brother kinda looks like that nerdy fatass in the phase 1 of the Hunter examination

just when I thought Killua's father is the only sane person in their family.
Jan 22, 2014 7:33 PM
Apr 2011
Okay so Canari is not dead.Good thing.

Killua seems to not have been affected by the torture. Good thing.

Mother seems to be unable to control Killua. Good thing.

Silva Giving the green light to Killua. Good thing? maybe not? I have no idea.

Killua is a dark person which is perfectly understandable, and he is ultra competitive. I don't know how much influence these parts of him will have, but honestly, I can totally seem turning rotter in the far future. He has already shown that he can kill without any remorse. He is an assassin after all, but will those methods mesh with Gon's team.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Mar 6, 2014 12:03 AM

Dec 2013
This has "best friends become arch enemies" written all over it! Killua even looks like a young Gryfith from Berserk lol. Not to mention the whole white hair dark hair contrast.

I'm surprised this "arc" ended so abruptly! This show is breaking all the rules of action Shonen fight sequence opportunities!
Love and Peace!!!
Mar 6, 2014 12:05 AM

Jun 2009
Thund3r1 said:
This has "best friends become arch enemies" written all over it! Killua even looks like a young Gryfith from Berserk lol. Not to mention the whole white hair dark hair contrast.

I'm surprised this "arc" ended so abruptly! This show is breaking all the rules of action Shonen fight sequence opportunities!

I always liked how it ended, I'll be honest and say this arc is probably my least favorite of the series, except for that excellent moment between Killua and his father. I wonder if Togashi didn't like it and said "fuck this, I'm done".
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 6, 2014 12:20 AM

Jan 2014
Thund3r1 said:

So killua is gonna....
No.

Who would be the god hand?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2014 12:35 AM

Jan 2014
insan3Spectre said:
Thund3r1 said:

I always liked how it ended, I'll be honest and say this arc is probably my least favorite of the series, except for that excellent moment between Killua and his father. I wonder if Togashi didn't like it and said "fuck this, I'm done".

This wasn't really an arc, more like an extension of the exam/pre- for HA, so there wasn't supposed to be a full-out storyline here, just a detour, I honestly don't see how we could expect any more content out of it, especially since it done enough to explore a bit more about Gon.
Mar 6, 2014 12:42 AM

Jun 2009
@ Judals

Actually, yeah, you are probably right. I guess coming in I sort of expected them to have to fight through a bunch of guards alah, my recent foray with DB in the Muscle Tower arc. I am very, very glad Togashi didn't go that route. The point of this was indeed to cover some more backstory for Killua and give us more of a feel for Gon's personality.

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 28, 2014 7:02 PM
Oct 2009
I felt like there were a lot of mindfucks in this episode. From the point when I saw the mom spying on Killua while he was asking the apprentice butler if she would be his friend, I realized she was obssessed with him. So he's with the potential to be the strongest yay :) n his grandpa seems to be nice. I imagined the family being more emotionless, kinda like Illumi. The dad has the same look (if I can call it that) in his eyes as Illumi and the whole time he was talking with Killua I was expecting him to hit Killua or threaten him.. or w.e. I'm guessing in the future, he'll make Killua betray his friends or something in order to come back home to lead the family or w.e. But anyway I hope Killua will surpass the other members of his family quick! ah-ah~ I'm a sucker for happy endings...
Mar 29, 2014 2:49 AM

Aug 2013
Wow, he has a horrible family... his dad was really good there at the end... but the last few lines he said changed my mind on him a bit... he thinks Killua will come back and join their shitty family to become an assassin.
Apr 29, 2014 4:31 PM

Jan 2011
best ep so far but that's not saying much
May 11, 2014 2:44 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah canary thats how you get shit done. She totally wasted all those guys.

I love the expression killua makes to milluki and the threat. He's such a boss. He's taking that torture with ease, like he's done it over and over through out his life time. I noticed how he didn't have his cigarette in this scene.

Nice moment between him and his father. His father wants to grow up and believe him self and give him the freedom but puts alot of faith into his son and the mother only wants him to be the next to the throne, the leader of the family of assassins.
ArtimesGamerMay 11, 2014 2:52 AM

May 11, 2014 2:49 AM

Jul 2007
Ollyx2OxenFree said:
Great episode. Was that backstory in the manga? As far as the scene where Killua threatens to kill Milluki if he touches any of his friends, this version was a bit more creepier and darker. Killua's look was a little more serious/evil when he confronted his mother as well. This series is getting better and better every week. Can't wait till next week's episode. Didn't know the Zolydyk saga would be so short in this version.

It sure seems like that, but i think it was only like 5 episodes or so in the old version.

The back story was shown but very subtle, but the anime extended it a bit and also illumi was never presence in the manga or the old series. Yes indeed, that is one thing i really love bout this new series, is they really seem to capture the expression of the characters more vividly then they did in the old series and the manga.

Jun 20, 2014 6:45 PM

Nov 2011
I think the mother's message was fake, given what happened in this episode. It did sound like something that Killua might say, though.

The whole family is creepy. Even the dad, who acts semi-caring, has ulterior motives. What evil people.

Canary kicked butt big-time. It goes to show how tough these people are if an apprentice butler can take down a Hunter. I'm glad they didn't kill her. I also think it's interesting that she knew not to agree to being Killua's friend when the mother was watching.

Weird (but good) episode.
Jun 25, 2014 5:13 PM

Jan 2013
Killua's father was surprisingly reasonable and understanding. I was waiting for something dramatically messed up to happen. Even his final words weren't bad.
Jul 11, 2014 5:13 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Ohh yeah, Killua threatening his bro. I think this is the first time in the last few episodes that Killua has actually been protective of all three of them, instead of just Gon (unless I'm wrong lol, despite watching this just today...). I realize that Killua's interest had always been Gon in the beginning anyways, but it already seemed like they were all friends by the end of the third phase. So I was a little confused how almost all of them talked as if Gon was the only who was Killua's friend, but it didn't seem that way anymore in this episode. Just a random comment about that.

Ohh, now we see Canary and Killua's flashback. I like this one too :) But daaang, Killua's father is just as crazy. His eyes showed it the whole time he and Killua were having the "father to son" talk. Could've fooled me if I hadn't seen Silva's eyes. It's so sad because in that moment, Killua actually seemed like a normal boy who's excited about talking about his friend.
Sep 1, 2014 11:59 AM

Jul 2012
Me: Oh hey his father's pretty cool. The only person normal in this family--
-1 minute later-
Me: Nevermind...He's another weirdo.
Sep 5, 2014 3:46 PM

Apr 2013
Just when I thought that Killua's father is a nice guy -_-
Nov 22, 2014 3:12 PM

Oct 2011
So glad Canary didn't die! Killua's family really are something else. I somehow don't see Killua returning of his own accord - should be interesting to see if he does.
Dec 18, 2014 6:27 PM

Aug 2013
Guise, is it me or they are going in opposite direction?

In any case, what an odd family. The father was pretty cool though.

How the hell did Canary survive? What kind of bullet did she shoot, a rubber one?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 17, 2015 11:07 AM

Feb 2014
Great episode! Loved the father-son chat and development of Canary. The rest of the family seems intriguing. On to the next!
Mar 17, 2015 2:40 AM

Jun 2009
Welp, that's that. Gang back together?
Mar 19, 2015 9:51 PM

Jun 2014
So the mother is the antagonist in this mini arc? How did they even meet up, how come Killua has white hair while his other siblings all have black hair? How did Mil turn out so fat, there was no fat genes in either the mother or father?

Mar 20, 2015 12:08 AM

Oct 2013
zat-bust said:
So the mother is the antagonist in this mini arc? How did they even meet up, how come Killua has white hair while his other siblings all have black hair? How did Mil turn out so fat, there was no fat genes in either the mother or father?

Lol questions, I actually laughed :P
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jul 21, 2015 1:20 AM

Dec 2012
Canary is awesome.
Jul 30, 2015 1:53 AM

Oct 2013
Lol Killua's dad scared me. I thought he was going to go kill Gon and them, but he didn't. Dang but he bet that Killua will return
Sep 2, 2015 11:33 AM

Feb 2015
i really liked the transition of killua's house to his yard throughout this episode. it was well directed.

(this reminds me a bit of sebastian in S1 kuroshitsuji. this should have happened in it as well, sonething like: "If you hurt my bocchan, I will erase you." :p)

i really liked the effects if this scene. how his voice became distorted was a great touch. the small harp bit in the background was perfect. i also like that the scene didn't show his brother. the audience doesn't need to even perk at the look his bro had at that moment.

but what the heck? dang, is that mask on his mom because of when killua escaped? if so what the heck did he do to her just by knashing her face?!?!?!? it must look beyond terrible to the imagination.

it must be so hard to write killua and make a fine line between him and sasuke nowadays. i can't even imagine trying to write such a complex character just how togashi has.

when killua was allowed to leave, i expected his dad to say "Oh, hold on, Killua." and try to kill him or something. in that scene he still gives me the chills even if i re-look at that ten more times.
the "He'll return as an assasin anyway" bit still makes me jumpy as well.
TomDaySep 2, 2015 12:03 PM
Nov 7, 2015 9:57 AM

Oct 2009
I love Canary.
Jan 7, 2016 2:58 AM

Jun 2015
dayum killua is so badass.
Apr 11, 2016 1:18 AM

Jan 2016
The Zoldyck family theme is just too fuckin epic!
Aug 12, 2016 3:42 AM

May 2014
Aye it's Black Canary! Haha nah she kicks major ass though.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.