Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 24, 2012 7:36 PM

Sep 2011
The Strike Witches anime film opened in Japan on Saturday, and the film ends with the following text in Japanese: "To Be Continued." In an interview in the pamphlet that accompanies the movie's release, Strike Witches' military adviser Takaaki Suzuki was asked if Strike Witches is not over just yet, and he responded, "Aren't we still at the entry point? (laughs)" Scriptwriter Tatsuhiko Urahata mused that fans might enjoy the adventures of other units besides the 501st Joint Fighter Wing, the unit that has been the focus of the anime titles thus far. Urahata added that he thinks the possibilities for expanding the franchise further is not limited to anime.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-03-17/strike-witches-film-ends-with-to-be-continued-note

Discuss? :D
Mar 24, 2012 7:38 PM

Jan 2008
Season... 3?

Dang... still waiting for that... super uncensored version of season 2...
Mar 25, 2012 10:03 PM

Sep 2011
Paul said:
Season... 3?

xD
The Bluray version wasn't all that good. :x Will they even make a super uncensored version?

& if Season 3 comes by, I'm hoping it'll still be about 501st. Crossing my fingers that Eila & Sanya will have much more screentime (actually, I'm fine with just Eila :3)
Mar 25, 2012 10:09 PM

Jan 2008
No idea if they will or not, but it's a popular franchise. I'm not saying there will be another season but neither am I saying there isn't a chance for it either.

Maybe it's a good time I go and finish the series as well.
Mar 26, 2012 9:34 PM

Sep 2011
Paul said:
No idea if they will or not, but it's a popular franchise. I'm not saying there will be another season but neither am I saying there isn't a chance for it either.

Maybe it's a good time I go and finish the series as well.

I don't know, the chances seem pretty good right now, considering the amount of enthusiasm generated from the audience. I've been stalking sort of following Ayuru Ohashi / Eila this anime on YouTube, and they've been on stage at least twice and that's only from the first season. x__x;

The series turned out to be good enough for a movie. From what I've heard, they grossed about $40 million yen (half a million dollars) in the first two days within the release. Not bad, I'd say (considering it IS an animated movie). There's more to come as well, like the Blu-Ray for Season 2 (super uncensored version, maybe?)

But what seems most likely to happen right now is less about 501st and more about those er, other witches (was going to say "OTHER PEOPLE" because I couldn't care less about them :x)

Well, I don't know, I'm just rambling here and endlessly praying for a season 3. And like that annoying enthusiastic girl, Yoshika, says, "NEVER GIVE UP. Speech here. Etc"

P.S. Eila rocks & I love Ayuru Ohashi. I wish she'd get more fans because I am LOVING her singing and her albums. I really hope she doesn't drop what she likes doing because she doesn't have "that many fans" (I don't know, I'm getting this idea from watching Kurumi from PapaKiki)
Apr 14, 2012 2:59 PM

Apr 2008
Awesome :D

Jul 10, 2012 10:43 AM

Nov 2011
Maybe a season with Erica Hartmann as the MC?

A man can always dream...

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 26, 2012 12:11 AM

Apr 2012
Isn't that good? I really waiting for it
season 1 & 2 really enjoyed me
although i still waiting for the movie subbed :s
10/10
"You want to experience your fear?

Nov 9, 2012 5:55 PM
Jun 2012
Hope they do make a new season, really cute and interesting series, I wanna see more of Sanya and Eila, and possibly that girl in the movie, Heidemarie. Some more of Hartmann would be pretty good too.
Nov 14, 2012 3:40 PM
Aug 2010
As i remembered, SW's main director wanted to make 3rd season after VividRed Operation.
Nov 17, 2012 3:45 PM

Jan 2012
WHAT AN AMAZING MOVIE!
10/10

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
NyaaNov 22, 2012 10:22 AM
Nov 19, 2012 10:07 AM

Jun 2010
I dont mind a season three. Or just another movie. Cuz the first movie was really enjoyable :D
Dec 2, 2012 4:57 PM

Nov 2012
BEST MOVIE EVER!!!! At the beginning, I was thinking, I wish they would have made a 3rd season instead, because movies are shorter than seasons. By the end of the movie, I WAS LITERALLY CRYING IT WAS SUCH A GOOD MOVIE!!!!!! After a movie like that, the franchise will most likely make another something, because it was SO AWESOME!!!! I even downloaded it to my iPod from Crunchyroll, I loved it so much. I don't think that the TO BE CONTINUED at the end, was for sure though. I mean, it's like tradition to put it at the end, so it is not really an option. That's just me. It's wouldn't be the same without TO BE CONTINUED at the end. Personally, I hope that they put the girl from the movie in as the newest member of the 501st, to make up for not having Sakamoto. Just an idea.
Mwahahahahahaha!!!!!
Dec 2, 2012 8:32 PM

Sep 2011
MoonfrostGirl said:
BEST MOVIE EVER!!!! At the beginning, I was thinking, I wish they would have made a 3rd season instead, because movies are shorter than seasons. By the end of the movie, I WAS LITERALLY CRYING IT WAS SUCH A GOOD MOVIE!!!!!! After a movie like that, the franchise will most likely make another something, because it was SO AWESOME!!!! I even downloaded it to my iPod from Crunchyroll, I loved it so much. I don't think that the TO BE CONTINUED at the end, was for sure though. I mean, it's like tradition to put it at the end, so it is not really an option. That's just me. It's wouldn't be the same without TO BE CONTINUED at the end. Personally, I hope that they put the girl from the movie in as the newest member of the 501st, to make up for not having Sakamoto. Just an idea.

Well, it may be a tradition to put it at the end, but after 'Vivid Red Operation', it's likely that a season 3 of SW will come out. ^^
Jan 1, 2013 8:20 PM

Sep 2012
I really hope they do a third season. I loved the first season and the second season and I just watched the movie. It was actually one of the best movies I have seen. Anything with more of Heartmann, Sanya and Eila would be awesome. They are my three favorites. I just hope they dont make another season fallowing another squad, it just wouldn't be the same with out all the girls.
"All I wanna do is walk my own path, I wanna find my own way!" - Kisara Nanjo
Jan 7, 2013 3:16 PM

Apr 2010
Pinkie-Pie said:
Paul said:
Season... 3?

xD
The Bluray version wasn't all that good. :x Will they even make a super uncensored version?

& if Season 3 comes by, I'm hoping it'll still be about 501st. Crossing my fingers that Eila & Sanya will have much more screentime (actually, I'm fine with just Eila :3)
Would like the see a anime about some of the other units as well we only got the see short parts of other units so for.
We saw some of the members of the 504th during second season and during this movie.
We also saw all the members of the 502th and some members of the 506th.
Personally i would like the see something from the 502th since it's a very interesting unit the 504th also looks like a very interesting unit the 506th looks like a rather complicated unit which seems to focused on social standings i could be wrong here tho.
Also seeing this movie was focused on the battle of the Bulge it looks like Market Garden is next most likely or we could be seeing some battles on the Russian side from 502th perspective.
Feb 12, 2013 6:38 AM
Jan 2013
More More More.... To Be continued which makes you all pumped up

But I think Miyafuji, Yoshika should have promoted to something else. She is the most courages one.
Mar 3, 2013 5:54 PM

Apr 2010
Aversa said:
Would like the see a anime about some of the other units as well we only got the see short parts of other units so for.
We saw some of the members of the 504th during second season and during this movie.
We also saw all the members of the 502th and some members of the 506th.
Personally i would like the see something from the 502th since it's a very interesting unit the 504th also looks like a very interesting unit the 506th looks like a rather complicated unit which seems to focused on social standings i could be wrong here tho.
Also seeing this movie was focused on the battle of the Bulge it looks like Market Garden is next most likely or we could be seeing some battles on the Russian side from 502th perspective.

The creator of Strike Witches said he'd like to see a project about the 502, but he didn't specify anime so he could've meant manga or light novel for all I know.

I thought the end of season 2 was setting the 504 up to be the focus of the next season, since Junko Takei received a letter delivered by Amaki Suwa, which is how the first 2 seasons started with regard to Yoshika.

You may be right about the 506 being a bit complicated as Kunika Kuroda finds out upon being assigned to it, but it being split along the lines of nobility and Liberion citizens is one of the things that makes it unique compared to the other units. Plus I'd imagine that bridging the gap between the unit would be a main focus of any project related to it.

No matter which unit is chosen, I hope a season 3 of Strike Witches is in the near future.
Mar 3, 2013 11:58 PM

Feb 2013
Just watched the movie, shed some manly tears, back to reality...

Btw i wonder where they would place a 3rd season?

My bet is a super-hyper-final-interdimensional-Neuroi-mother-hive will appear over Fuso, so it will become even more personal for Yoshika ;)
And i wouldn't mind a 2-cour, seriously, why are most new anime only 12 episodes?! (not even 13!)

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4649202/ my Strike Witches fanfiction
Mar 4, 2013 12:01 AM

Jan 2013
The MC of Strike Witches is the most Moe looking character ever.

She's like my housecat.
Mar 4, 2013 12:23 AM

Feb 2013
Solvite said:
She's like my housecat.

Rule 0 of the internet: you can't hate your cat. NEVER.

Mar 4, 2013 12:26 AM

Jan 2013
atikabubu said:
Solvite said:
She's like my housecat.

Rule 0 of the internet: you can't hate your cat. NEVER.

I loved the MC of Strike Witches.

She was so cute and plain compared to the other girls. It made her even more moe.
Mar 4, 2013 12:41 AM

Feb 2013
And ofc according to every rule and canon, she has to have mediocre performance overall but a dormant power capable of cutting a planet in half.

Me like!

I hope the 3rd season will be about a Neuroi invasion on Fuso, that will surely bring out some feels :3

Mar 4, 2013 12:45 AM

Jan 2013
I hope season 3 stops the "one neroi at a time so we can maximize the fan service" trend.

I mean, keep the fan service, but do panty shots during fights.
Mar 4, 2013 12:57 AM

Feb 2013
Ugh, season 2 was just too much fanservice and not enuf shooting. The exact opposite of season 1.

Season 1 was like "hey, you are new here, let's get accustomed to this weird world and fight the Nazi... er, Neuroi, also pantsu shots"
Season 2 was like "let's do oppai and pantsu shots for 16 minutes, and fight one Neuroi for the rest of the episode"

Now that i look at it, was the pantsu bug episode really necessary? Sure, it was hilarious as shit, but really now?

May 7, 2013 2:26 AM
Apr 2013
I only found the amount of fan service disturbing in the movie, before that it was acceptable.
And on what season 3 should be about, they are in karlsland at the end of the film, so let them liberate that first. If they make a season about another unit then the 501th, then that is fine, as long as it gets a second title. The main title belongs to the 501th.
Oct 14, 2013 4:03 PM

Sep 2011
Yay, season 3!
Nov 18, 2013 1:59 PM

Oct 2011
http://anichart.net/tba 11th column says SW3 is real!

Forum icon by Yandere

Nov 18, 2013 2:10 PM

Nov 2010
Balut said:
We've known about the third season for about a month.
Nov 22, 2013 11:15 AM

Oct 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Balut said:
We've known about the third season for about a month.

Just reiterating it for this forum, sorry

Forum icon by Yandere

Dec 8, 2013 9:28 PM

Oct 2012
I just finished the movie and still nothing. Time for more wait I guess. ):
Feb 21, 2014 9:29 PM

Oct 2012
S3 please! The whole story was good. I wanna see more of 501st Joint Wing Strike Witches!!

More Sanya please too!!
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Jan 5, 2015 7:46 PM
Oct 2013
A third television anime season has been announced.[11] According to writer Takaaki Suzuki, this will not be a continuation of the previous two seasons but will instead be a new series.[12]

I don't understand. Do they still plan to continue the original Strike Witches in some form or what?
Sep 13, 2015 5:17 AM

Sep 2013
The movie was good, I appreciated it.

It was wrtitten " To be continued " , I want the third season now. More Lucchini and Hartmann too however it will not be a sequel.

Wait ad see.
May 12, 2016 10:27 PM
Feb 2010
Pretty sure the "To be Continued" was for the Operation Victory Arrow OVAs.

Also, the "3rd" season is now known as Brave Witches.
Aug 16, 2016 8:31 AM
Jun 2016
Yea but what's sad is that it's about 502nd and not the 501st that we all liked :P
Though i really wished for more 501st as we've already followed them for like 2 entire seasons and the movie, it would feel really weird to suddenly change the protagonist( or should i say protago-squad? XD). Moreover...seriously??? how long has it been since the movie came out? Is it really true that the OVA (operation victory arrow) with 3 episodes took 8 months to air?? so if its true...its like 2 years after the movie, then when will we get the normal 501st strike witches again? 2020?(the upcoming series is called brave witches with 502nd as main)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Strike Witches The Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

117 by Gendolfas »»
Aug 3, 2021 9:36 AM

» Fansub Group?

nenebest - Oct 29, 2012

11 by InfiniteZenith »»
Nov 8, 2012 5:10 PM

» Trailer

arsonal - Feb 8, 2012

11 by AirStyles »»
Aug 22, 2012 3:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.