Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 13, 2015 8:06 AM

Jan 2014
Tumerking said:
Theres not even a point of saying "what if". Never has a series been picked back up years after it was cancled. It's never happened and it won't happen. Mx0, while being an awesome series, is too unpopular.

There won't be anymore Mx0 anime. There won't be anymore Mx0 manga. There won't be anymore Mx0 anything.

It's dead.

what about hunter x hunter?
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Nov 20, 2015 3:02 AM

Jun 2014
Wsj Japanese readers sucks and have worst taste imo
Feb 24, 2016 2:19 PM

Dec 2015
It's very unfortunate ending. Great story, I liked all the work that has been done to breathe some life to characters. Especially Main one - Taiga, it was very interesting and refreshing to see actually some intelligence and wits and not some "I'm overpowered from the start and I'm going to fight gradually increasing threads to be best of all..."

Maybe it was too slow to progress? For 99 chapters about school to be only in a half of first year it not very fast.
Or the reason was magic rules itself? I don't particularly like the idea for about 99% students to end up forgetting everything and not able to use magic afterward graduation. It seems somewhat empty for these not so fortunate guys at school to end up with some messed up fake memories. For me it seems like not been able to use magic off some spots wasn't that dangerous, but still it's a bit unusual and that could be reason why public interest dropped. Lack of fanservice wasn't bothering me at all, even when it's labeled as ecchi, there is not really a need for unnecessary panty shots out of place and 3+ pool/sea/hot spring vacations for year.

It was fun, It certainly had great feeling into it. I just had to compare here to Yamada and 7 witches...Why? It's also supernatural school theme, but completely different, where Mx0 ended up so abruptly in half of story, the latter one mentioned surpassed the point where it should have ended and continue on. Sometimes I feel so close to Japanese culture, but yet so far, when I see what is really popular in there.
Mar 10, 2016 6:57 PM

Apr 2011
there really are a lot that suffer the same way though. kind of annoying since a lot of the more "popular" ones are really boring, crummy or just simply blind fan service. really is annoying
Nov 6, 2016 7:01 AM

Feb 2016
What the hell. Such bullshit. I honestly don't get why it always seems to be that the great series are getting cancelled.
I really really liked this manga. Only to find out that it has been cancelled and won't get a sequel...
I don't get any of the arguments that have been said either. Sure, the pacing may nit have been the best - But honestly, it didn't bother me personally either. Saying that there was "not enough fan service" is, in my opinion, bullshit too - What else was all that boob grabbing and naked fairy etc etc if not fan service (I usually dont like fanservice/ecchi at all but in here it didnt bother me either)?
And yeah, the story was different than the usual weak-getting-strong of op-af MC. And that isn't a bad point.

I mean, c'mon. I'm not blaming anyone or calling other opinions bad, but why are mangas like this one cancelled, awesome anime like Legend of the Legendary Heroes not getting sequels, etc, while meanwhile we get the same braindead ecchi-magic-school-with-random-apocalyptic-monsters-and-super-OP-MC-with-hidden-powers clones every single season. I mean, I don't mind if people like them, but how can people not like this stuff too?
Feb 14, 2017 10:34 PM

Jul 2016
Call-Me-Captain said:
I mean, c'mon. I'm not blaming anyone or calling other opinions bad, but why are mangas like this one cancelled, awesome anime like Legend of the Legendary Heroes not getting sequels, etc, while meanwhile we get the same braindead ecchi-magic-school-with-random-apocalyptic-monsters-and-super-OP-MC-with-hidden-powers clones every single season. I mean, I don't mind if people like them, but how can people not like this stuff too?

Well these is the reason why Jump cancelled this manga; lack of fan-service, most of time the story focus on main character get power-up more than the story itself, boring story telling (For Japanese people's opinion ONLY), romance story (Well Jump hate the romance story after all), unpopular rating in Japan, and the biggest reason is this manga have the same element as To Love-Ru series and it way more popular than this manga.
May 17, 2020 3:22 PM
Oct 2008
Because the Japanese reader base sucks. Honestly though I feel like back then Shonen Jump readers weren't open to anything new that didn't involve a major power-up.
Apr 20, 2021 2:33 PM

Jun 2009
Even though it's been pretty old
as far as I remember and/or can assume those were probably the reasons back in the day as I loved reading the manga:

- The pace/progression might have been too slow
- It had to compete in one of the worst environments with One Peach, Naruto and Bleach having a very high standing (The name "Big 3" doesn't come from nothing)
And, as far as I remember this manga Mx0 was always like ranked at 4-5.

Maybe this one was ahead of its time to really be appreciated?!
We will probably never know, since I really liked everything (setting, characters, artstyle) and even appreciated the slow pace.
Feb 27, 2023 12:43 PM
Sep 2020
This was sad now. I was about to rate it one number less because of the ending but it definitely felt abrupt (lol even hinted in manga when MC claims that's abrupt), and upon learning the reason... Sad to know Author had to 90° the direction to sudden end just when things were about to build up more.

Let the remaining as they were i.e. 9/10.

Was a Great Read.
Apr 27, 2023 11:35 AM
Jun 2016
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Call-Me-Captain said:

Well these is the reason why Jump cancelled this manga; lack of fan-service, most of time the story focus on main character get power-up more than the story itself, boring story telling (For Japanese people's opinion ONLY), romance story (Well Jump hate the romance story after all), unpopular rating in Japan, and the biggest reason is this manga have the same element as To Love-Ru series and it way more popular than this manga.

This is one of the few manga that i can read untill the end eventhough the fan-service was a bit excessive. It's sad to see it go but theres not much to complain about the ending. I liked how 'MO" isn't overpowered, the power-balancing is okay and the MC develops in a good pace too, but it took too long for him to get the black plate, only for him to use it 2 times in the manga, 0 for the romance, at first it felt like it was going to be a main part of the story but it din't develop untill the end. Daddy Hiiragi is cool, Lucy relationship with MC is better then the FML lol, Kagenuma seemed to have some potential. They din't focus much on the side characters even from the beginning, so some were kinda bland in comparasion. The story feels a little exhausted right before the black plate arc, i don't really know why this manga got cancelled but if it's because it got stuck in a stallmate, i'm glad they ended it early with a good ending instead of milking it and ruining it with a bad ending. A sequel is unlikely but it would be fitting with the abrupt ending. I'm guessing putting it on hiatus is a no go since it's a weekly release? Must be rough trying to squeeze out all the ideas within a week, no wonder some play it safe with fan-services and cliches.
zaidRANGERApr 28, 2023 12:57 AM
May 29, 2023 3:08 PM

Jun 2011
A decade later, and still wish this would get a sequel. 
Oct 6, 2023 12:30 AM
Mar 2010
Kinda amazing this thread is still alive even after a decade. Can't contain a mixed feeling of joy and solemn vibes peaking through the comments. Mx0 was really good afterall. One of the worst and undeserved axes in WSJ.
Jan 17, 9:44 AM
Mar 2020
When it started to get interesting and get some world building, it got canceled
The author wasn't serious about this
At least he had to rectify the mc position, around ch 50 when they sent his memory back, but he kept going on with the mc winning every competition and passing the exams without relying on magic and with some cheap ideas
there's a lack of mc goals and meaningful conflict... therefore, no real stakes nor consequences for the character, even he was borrowing his crush dream to keep going
Apr 10, 12:41 AM

Sep 2007
My first manga that I loved, and first to break my heart.

more than 14 years later,
Gonna remember it forever.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mx0 Chapter 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 19, 2010

6 by CJPlayz33 »»
Nov 8, 2023 6:28 PM

Poll: » Mx0 Chapter 1 Discussion

TechDragon - Oct 12, 2008

9 by CJPlayz33 »»
Nov 8, 2023 6:11 PM

Poll: » Mx0 Chapter 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - May 16, 2008

114 by vkopuzoglu »»
Feb 21, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Mx0 Chapter 12 Discussion

joe_g7 - Oct 12, 2016

1 by Joel77 »»
Jun 16, 2021 10:13 PM

Poll: » Mx0 Chapter 64 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 28, 2007

3 by Pleinair »»
Nov 18, 2017 4:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.