Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2012 12:06 AM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was interesting, the cinematography really felt like Dezaki, but the animation felt all wrong. Also, a lot of the effects felt like they were trying to imitate the director but went overboard. It felt like 90% Dezaki, where the missing 10% was still vital.

I'm not sure how I felt about it to be honest. It was a good story, but I didn't quite get the same sense of urgency that I usually get watching these OVAs. It's definitely a worthy release, and I'm glad it got made, but at the same time I don't feel that it was quite up to the same level as previous releases. Whoever was working on this had big boots to step in to, so I don't blame them for failing to be God-tier.
“Money can't buy dere”
Nov 25, 2013 6:27 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I was bit surprised when I saw this OVA here instead of as a separate entry named "Black Jack Final".

Finally some much needed background story on Pinoko and why she is a sort of eternal kid. The White Huron dance sequences were quite beautiful and the art and animation was pretty similar to the previous releases.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 23, 2013 12:57 AM

Jul 2008
Seabury said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was interesting, the cinematography really felt like Dezaki, but the animation felt all wrong. Also, a lot of the effects felt like they were trying to imitate the director but went overboard. It felt like 90% Dezaki, where the missing 10% was still vital.

I'm not sure how I felt about it to be honest. It was a good story, but I didn't quite get the same sense of urgency that I usually get watching these OVAs. It's definitely a worthy release, and I'm glad it got made, but at the same time I don't feel that it was quite up to the same level as previous releases. Whoever was working on this had big boots to step in to, so I don't blame them for failing to be God-tier.

No matter how much you imitate, you can't quite make it the same as the original without the original pieces. However the spirit of the series is still here and ultimately that is what really matters.

Nice to see some background finally on Pinako.
Mar 25, 2014 11:13 AM

Jun 2010
Interesting revision to Pinoco's back-story; in the original version, the rich girl, who never removes her mask and is never given a name, is callous and shallow and is horrified by Pinoco when Black Jack brings her out for a meeting.
Oct 21, 2015 8:57 AM

Jul 2011
Fronzel said:
Interesting revision to Pinoco's back-story; in the original version, the rich girl, who never removes her mask and is never given a name, is callous and shallow and is horrified by Pinoco when Black Jack brings her out for a meeting.

Yes! that's why that final scene when Pinoco acts as she didn't knew who her sister was felt so good, that final "good bye sister" was like a revenge slap to her face, man this was a much needed episode.
Jan 9, 2016 11:41 PM

Jan 2010
The biggest highlight for me was the screen door conversation. Damn, this anime knows what it's doing.
May 19, 2016 12:49 AM

Mar 2012
This episode touched back on the worst part of the show (Pinoko's origin) so I was not amused >_>
Dec 13, 2018 9:42 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Pinoko´s origin was an amazing surprise!!!
Mar 4, 2019 4:40 AM

Oct 2012
It took 11 years to make a continuation of this anime
I'd call it a true dedication xD

I was wondering where's Pinoko come from
This episode answered it
Looks like Pinoko remember her older sister very well from all of the blabbering she did
Damn that screendoor conversation, I guess they both meet each other and not meet each other at same time :(
"Signature removed"
Sep 23, 2020 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
Contrary to most mal-ers here, I did liked Pinoko's character so it was really cool to see her origin. Unfortunately didn't found the main dance plot interesting but the last door scene was really something. Regardless its amazing that the show still retains the same eerie vibes even this episode aired after 10 years. (also I am glad mal didn't decide to make seperate entry for these last two finale episodes)
Apr 6, 2021 4:09 PM

Nov 2013
I either missed one brief line in this episode, or

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Jack Episode 9 Discussion

YRFdez - May 14, 2011

11 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Feb 10, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Black Jack Episode 2 Discussion

YRFdez - Feb 28, 2011

16 by Ionliosite2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 9:37 AM

Poll: » Black Jack Episode 7 Discussion

Dalinh - Apr 8, 2010

14 by TRC_Randy »»
Dec 1, 2023 6:31 PM

Poll: » Black Jack Episode 6 Discussion

anime_daisuki - Jun 29, 2010

12 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:44 AM

Poll: » Black Jack Episode 12 Discussion

Monochrome - Mar 7, 2012

12 by kAt960 »»
Nov 18, 2023 10:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.