Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2012 2:52 PM

Aug 2010
Brilliant ending. I'm kinda surprised I enjoyed watching Vanguard as much as I did. Gonna start season 2 now~
Aug 13, 2013 8:24 PM

Nov 2011
Oh nice, so Aichi was able to use the Majestic Lord Blaster that Team Ultra Rare gave to him. I bet ya didn't see that coming, did you Ren? The match was kinda predictable though. But holy shit, Ren lost!

REN FUCKING LOST

Great episode and wow, I unexpectedly enjoyed this series much more than I had thought. I'm rating this a 7.5/10. Wow, not bad at all. I'll give season 2 a try for sure now.

Oh and the OST is epic.
Nov 23, 2013 10:39 PM
Sep 2013
FREAKING EPIC ENDING!!!
It was nice to see such a happy ending, and Aichi finally got his battle with Kai that he's wanted since the beginning!
It's awesome how they start the series off getting you to think that everything's just normal, getting you to wish that this Planet Cray was real...And as revealed at the end...IT IS!
The combining of Light and Dark was amazing as well.

Just like all of you, I hope they go more in-depth into Planet Cray next season!
Gonna start it soon! :D
Jul 16, 2015 7:54 PM
Jul 2015
What is the name of the song at the ending when aichi plays kai. I cant seem to find it.
Aug 5, 2016 1:18 PM

Jul 2012
This show is stupid lol

I never understood the game mechanics honestly. I feel like my time was wasted with this Anime.

I watched this Anime for the seiyuu so my comments will be mostly directed towards them.

Yonaga Tsubasa did a great job as Aichi. I kept on wondering why he sounded so girly as Aichi but then once he got his superpower and it possessed him, his voice completely changed. So yeah, good stuff. Sato Takuya rocked Kai-kun. Abe Atsushi was a great villain playing Ren. Morikubo Showtaro was a delight to hear as Taishi and I liked his character a lot. Nice to hear Mimori Suzuko on Kourin. Kenji Akabane sounded so good in his role as Kenji!

That's all. I don't think I'll be continuing this franchise. I'm not interested at all.
Aug 14, 2016 5:32 AM
Jul 2018
Ahhh Kai's smile at the end of the tournament /melts/ And he waited for Aichi at the card shop!! I love these two♥♥

Great episode and satisfying ending overall. When the second OP started playing during the battle.. and the original ED at the end...!! I'm glad I gave this series a chance as I really enjoyed it, even though it doesn't look like anything I'd even bother to pick up (child characters, card fights, etc).
Jun 23, 2019 7:56 PM

May 2018
Super late into the game but wow, my god. I really loved this show!
A friend used to be into it (and even dabbled into the TCG) and she told me all about it because she knew I was into YGO
I really enjoyed the show, I loved teh characters, and the fights were exciting as hell.
Although I have no one to play with I went to the local cardshop to grab some random trial decks too :D
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 9 Discussion

Nanodesu - Mar 4, 2011

10 by ZaneRobie »»
Feb 9, 2023 12:37 PM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrHatandClogs - Jan 7, 2011

56 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 21, 2023 9:58 PM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 58 Discussion

vanissa45 - Feb 10, 2012

20 by Zetsumu »»
Sep 27, 2022 4:03 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 4 Discussion

Nanodesu - Jan 28, 2011

24 by SemperKaladin »»
Aug 10, 2022 8:13 PM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 62 Discussion

vanissa45 - Mar 9, 2012

21 by Gvendoline »»
Apr 7, 2021 6:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.