Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 2012 5:53 PM

Sep 2011
But that would've required 30+ episode, which I am fine with....

Despite all these flaws, I loved Guilty Crown, I can give it a 7-8/10
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Mar 22, 2012 5:53 PM
Dec 2011
GC's Anime Budget

Music and Animation: 99.9%
Script: .1%

/thread
Mar 22, 2012 5:54 PM

Sep 2011
Zhou said:
Guys, what do you think about Shu's outfit at the end? It seems like it wasn't enough of a punishment with him being alive, they put him in a horroble outfit, too.

lul, I really agree with this, the out fit wasn't very good... Just a regular western outfit would've been fine

also, what did he do as a living?? He should be out of high school by now
Mar 22, 2012 5:54 PM
Jan 2011
what a bullshit ending.

that daath guy with his despair talk better pull something out of his ass and rebuild the chamber. i want inori, mana, and gai revived. and i want a proper battle. and a proper ending.
Mar 22, 2012 5:55 PM
Mar 2012
The ending is like a big shit in the face.
Mar 22, 2012 5:59 PM

Jan 2012
I liked the ending but thought that it would have been so much better if Shu died with Inori.
❑ Single
❑ Taken
✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist
Mar 22, 2012 6:01 PM

Feb 2012
@GodlyKyon: About why Shu is blind, there is a pretty good theory on site 8 or so. Inori basically exchanged her life with his or some crap like that. As we could see, Inori was blind (why, who knows) when she walked towards Shu, she took his cancer and he got his life back and unfortunately blindness, too.
Mar 22, 2012 6:05 PM

May 2009
GodlyKyon said:
- Gai's ressurection, how???

Cloned like Inori was clone of Mana.
GodlyKyon said:
- What happened with Shu and blindness

Inori was blind before death, she gave him her life (red string).
GodlyKyon said:
- who did Shu end up with?

Forever Alone.
GodlyKyon said:
- Kido Kinji seems like a near-pointless character

No shit.
Mar 22, 2012 6:09 PM
Feb 2012
the ending in episode 12 was was better than this shit. this anime doesnt need a 2nd season, it needs a remake
Mar 22, 2012 6:16 PM
Oct 2010
so how did he go blind? if he took everyones void and then inori died with it hows everyone alive? i miss that?

that one cunt shoudlve died. that rich whore. i fucking yelled "yeahh!!" and raised hands in the air

but then the next scene shes alive

show was meh

Zhou said:
Guys, what do you think about Shu's outfit at the end? It seems like it wasn't enough of a punishment with him being alive, they put him in a horroble outfit, too.

LMAO i know right. looks like he took the wardrobe of a 85 year old man living in a retirement home
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 22, 2012 6:19 PM

Oct 2011
OH MY GOD I MADE IT THROUGH.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Mar 22, 2012 6:22 PM

May 2010
Still like it even though there's lots of plotholes.

Tsugumi is still a student right? coz she talks about exams.
Mar 22, 2012 6:23 PM

Sep 2007
What is this? Mass Effect 3?

So much pointlessness to this end. Daryl was a completely insignificant character. No fucking point to his little sidestory whatsoever. His nerdraging didn't even make sense. Then we have this Da'ath deus ex machina bullshit. "Natural will of selection" my ass. Another completely pointless plothole. Gai was pretty damn stupid too. Gets cut once and he gets a sudden attitude change for whatever reason. "LOLS OOPS U BESTED ME U DA BRO NAO GTG L8R". And then we come to Shu. Here I was hoping he'd die a savior's death but then LOL NOPE INORI SAVES THE DAAAAYYYY AND HEEEEEE'S BLIND LOLOLOLOL. Oh, and all the bouncing titties. That was kinda nice I guess.

I'll be nice and give it a 7/10 for this hilarious trainwreck.
Mar 22, 2012 6:30 PM

Jun 2011
It has so many plot holes and flaws, but Guilty Crown manages to be strangely captivating through it's awesome animation. I loved this episode personally, because of it's masterful use of atmosphere. 5/5 for the episode, but one good episode does not a good anime make. I have it as a 5.5/10, but that may rise or fall in the future. I'm glad I didn't drop this anime before the final act. Would have been awful to have missed this. Production I.G does it again.
And what if all love is an act of bravery?

Could you look me in the eye and say that you are not afraid?

Mar 22, 2012 6:32 PM

Sep 2011
KingCez said:
so how did he go blind? if he took everyones void and then inori died with it hows everyone alive? i miss that?

that one cunt shoudlve died. that rich whore. i fucking yelled "yeahh!!" and raised hands in the air

but then the next scene shes alive

show was meh

Zhou said:

LMAO i know right. looks like he took the wardrobe of a 85 year old man living in a retirement home

Sadly... it appears he cannot see what he was wearing

bastek66 said:
GodlyKyon said:
- Gai's ressurection, how???

Cloned like Inori was clone of Mana.
GodlyKyon said:
- What happened with Shu and blindness

Inori was blind before death, she gave him her life (red string).
GodlyKyon said:
- who did Shu end up with?

Forever Alone.
GodlyKyon said:
- Kido Kinji seems like a near-pointless character

No shit.

I don't get it... why the hell was Inori blind? and when I mentioned kinji, I also meant a lot of other characters too, though Segai COULD havea better motive
and they could have at least confirmed the coupling... I think Ayase and Shu
Cloned huh? ... Interesting but I think it's his real body
Mar 22, 2012 6:34 PM

Mar 2012
I'd give this series a 6 out of 10, Shu and Inori were indeed my favorite characters I pity Shu for losing Inori and his eyesight. I think it was brilliant how Inori offered the string to him in the beginning and in the end. Oh and why is Arisa still alive? Knowingly Inori was going to die in the end i wanted a see a Ayase and Shu ending. /:
Mar 22, 2012 6:35 PM

Sep 2011
Wasabi said:
What is this? Mass Effect 3?

So much pointlessness to this end. Daryl was a completely insignificant character. No fucking point to his little sidestory whatsoever. His nerdraging didn't even make sense. Then we have this Da'ath deus ex machina bullshit. "Natural will of selection" my ass. Another completely pointless plothole. Gai was pretty damn stupid too. Gets cut once and he gets a sudden attitude change for whatever reason. "LOLS OOPS U BESTED ME U DA BRO NAO GTG L8R". And then we come to Shu. Here I was hoping he'd die a savior's death but then LOL NOPE INORI SAVES THE DAAAAYYYY AND HEEEEEE'S BLIND LOLOLOLOL. Oh, and all the bouncing titties. That was kinda nice I guess.

I'll be nice and give it a 7/10 for this hilarious trainwreck.

List of pointless characters:

Yuu/Daath

Segai(although noticeably more siginificant than the others)

Daryl, he really disappointed me with the pointless of all the little scenes from before... Like I was complaining, his scenes couldve been used for something better

Yahiro

Yeah... those characters could've played much bigger roles
Mar 22, 2012 6:37 PM

Nov 2011
Quick Questions:

So does Shu still have the Void Genome?

What happened to all the voids and apocalyptic crystal? Did it all get stored inside Shu's void? Or did they all disappear to that other world?

If Inori was about to die and She gave Shu her life, shouldn't he be dead?
Mar 22, 2012 6:40 PM

Mar 2012
Episode 15 is by far the best one yet, that's when Shu grew one.
Mar 22, 2012 6:40 PM

Aug 2008
Well, it's over. I LOL'd hard when that rich girl, who looked so surprised and relieved that her virus is gone, got shot by several bullets in the next second.

I'm in a rather generous mood, so I'll give it a 6/10. Awesome music, awesome art, but terrible plotholes and characters. Oh well, at least Mana and Inori were kind of hot in their last moments.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 22, 2012 6:43 PM

Feb 2012
BRSxIgnition said:
OH MY GOD I MADE IT THROUGH.

How was it?
Mar 22, 2012 6:45 PM

Jul 2009
Bleh. This anime had so much going for it. Great soundtrack, great animation, decent action scenes, but it really just lacked this one thing - sensibility. None of the characters deserved any sympathy. They all felt very distant and shallow. Sure, Shu developed, but I think by the point he started to change for the better, it was already too late to save him. Well I do give the producers credit for killing off Inori and letting Shu live with a relatively incapacitated life.

Two things did stand out from this episode. Daryl being saved and rich girl (see, I don't even remember her name) stripped of her void and then being shot. (I thought this was pretty clever - but alas, she lives...)

That said, 8/10. I simply adored the soundtrack, and the animation definitely was not something to laugh at.
KurogashiMar 22, 2012 6:53 PM
Mar 22, 2012 6:46 PM

Feb 2012
This episode just came and went for me. Glad they didn't flat out say that Shu was blind, but other than that, I didn't get much out of it. Sort of a meh ending, which is kind of disappointing. 4/10 from me.
FlawfinderMar 22, 2012 6:52 PM
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Mar 22, 2012 6:51 PM

Aug 2010
Tsugumi's ass made the episode. Wasn't expecting Inori to sacrifice herself like that. Another part I liked was how Daryl was saved.
Mar 22, 2012 6:53 PM

Mar 2012
raxius1230 said:
Well at the end the end was like all the anime....just WTF!!!!

I hope you don't mind if I steal this .gif. I laughed my butt off.
Mar 22, 2012 6:54 PM

Feb 2012
This episode is really sad. It was kinda expected except the part that Inori dies. I rather have them both dead rather then one left behind... Wow... I'm so speechless after this last episode. I was hoping it ends where Shu takes in everything and then Inori kisses him in the lips and everything went away...
Btw Redjuice should make more anime.
Anyhow, i rate this a 10/10. It was one of the best animes I've seen for a while
Mar 22, 2012 6:54 PM

Oct 2011
5/10
Wasn't expecting much from the ending so I wasn't disappointed.
Mar 22, 2012 7:00 PM

Jan 2010
I really really dont know how to rate this. The base story that we were told before this showed even aired held tremendous potential. Then episode 1 actually heightened my expectations. But after all that it went and burned....This needs a complete remake and extended at the bear MINIMUM of 48 episodes. I loved the sound track and most of the animation but the way the plot was executed and handled just...I cant even explain. I will give this two ratings because I cant figure out what I should do for an overall: Music and Animation/art-9.5 Characters-6.5-8 depending on who we are talking about Plot- 4 or 5
Mar 22, 2012 7:02 PM
Jan 2012
The show hit its peak when Shu declared himself king, it only went down hell from that moment on.

The formula was simple, either:
A. Kill Shu
B. Kill Shu and Gai
C. Kill Shu and Inori
It was that simple, Shu had to die, probably as a martyr, but it was the only way. The BS ending where Inori gives up here life at the last second to save Shu (who then becomes blind, so random).
Mar 22, 2012 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
Shu is cursed with blindness for trying to be a good two shoes and Daryl Yan gets away unscathed. I am a happy camper.

3/10 overall score.
[center]
Mar 22, 2012 7:03 PM

Jun 2008
Q__Q ...............
Mar 22, 2012 7:05 PM

Nov 2011
The ending was excellent!!
i love tirru
Mar 22, 2012 7:06 PM

Mar 2011
i cried a bit.
Favorite part: Daryl being saved and Inori sacrified herself
it could be better , but whatever it's a good ending
Mar 22, 2012 7:07 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
This entire series was pointless.

Nothing more to say about this. Wasted money and potential. Half-assed "plot" and deus ex ending. Pointless written all over the place.

Vizi_XRiliditian said:
i cried a bit.
Favorite part: Daryl being saved

Uh no. I was like "oh really?" at the scene. I think the scene was meant to be a joke. *rolleyes*

I don't know... maybe a lot of us are too cynical and old to feel moved by this half-assed series. I don't think any effort was even made to make this series other than the animation. It's the like script is written by a 12-year old.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 22, 2012 7:12 PM

Aug 2009
I loved the scene when Shu took the red string from Inori.
And THEY PLAYED THE BOOM BOOM SATELLITES REMIX. JAKLFFF. Such an amazing song.
And the part were Daryl got saved had to be one of my favorites.
And I loved how they celebrated Hare's birthday in the epilogue.
I thought it was really sweet.
Overall, this anime was really a trainwreck.
But it was an entertaining trainwreck. However, I think that it may have been better if things weren't so BADLY PACED. AND BADLY WRITTEN. I think that the ending may have been better if this show was 2-3 episodes longer.
And Dargumi ship just sank.
OTP.
Just. Sank.
Oh well. I wouldn't mind a second season, but only if they improve from the mistakes made in the first.
It was a fun, mind-fucked, entertaining ride nonetheless.
Mar 22, 2012 7:13 PM
Aug 2011
6 or 7 out of 10.
Good animation and pretty good OSTs and that's about it.
Mar 22, 2012 7:14 PM

Dec 2011
I wanted a Shu x Inori Ending... Oh well still giving it 10/10

↑Bullshit, ordered 100mbps.. Waiting on technician to fix issue T.T↑
Mar 22, 2012 7:18 PM

Jan 2011
KyashiDesu said:
But it was an entertaining trainwreck. However, I think that it may have been better if things weren't so BADLY PACED. AND BADLY WRITTEN. I think that the ending may have been better if this show was 2-3 episodes longer.
OTP.
Just. Sank.
Oh well. I wouldn't mind a second season, but only if they improve from the mistakes made in the first.

If they would of celebrated Daryl's birthday I would of gave this anime a higher score. I WANT DARYL YAN CLOSURE!!!
[center]
Mar 22, 2012 7:18 PM

Jan 2009
First off, noitaminA and their prestigious anime timeslot can go f*ck themselves. Any other station would have another 1-2 episodes -_-, prestige be damned.

As a huge fanboy of Guilty Crown I was really dissapointed with the ending. So much was crammed into one episode and it was really lackluster.

Whats worse is Da'at is still around yet they make it a closed ending (few years later crap).

I still think people are way too harsh on it in general. But this episode and that episode where Gai died were awful. They really needed to spread it out over 2 "seasons".

At least supercell did a fantastic job :/ (chara design, OP/ED/Inserts).
Mar 22, 2012 7:19 PM

Feb 2012
6/10
It could've been much better like the previous episodes, what a waste.
BUT,
It still hasn't stopped me from shed some tears at the end.
(I'm a sensitive guy)
<3
Mar 22, 2012 7:20 PM
Mar 2012
Ending was nice. Ill give this 9/10. Thoroughly entertaining ride despite the flaws.
Mar 22, 2012 7:20 PM

Jun 2008
KyashiDesu said:

Bubble damn it, the whole Guilty Crown soundtrack going to stay with mee foor a long time.
It hits right into my taste.
Mar 22, 2012 7:24 PM

Mar 2011
many people is too unfair (score < 5) and some people is too over in rated GC . lol
Mar 22, 2012 7:25 PM

Aug 2009
VioLink said:
KyashiDesu said:
OTP.
Just. Sank.

If they would of celebrated Daryl's birthday I would of gave this anime a higher score. I WANT DARYL YAN CLOSURE!!!

I kinda wish that they covered a bit more in the epilogue, tbh.
Daryl would make an awesome birthday party planner.
Alena said:
KyashiDesu said:

Bubble damn it, the whole Guilty Crown soundtrack going to stay with mee foor a long time.
It hits right into my taste.

I know, right?
This is one soundtrack I probably won't stop listening to for years.
Mar 22, 2012 7:27 PM

Dec 2007
Not to sound evil or anything but the end would have been better if Shu died...
Mar 22, 2012 7:27 PM

May 2010
YAY, it's finally over. Now I don't have to watch crap on Thursdays. ^_^
The only good part of this episode was when Kenji did that crazy smile and got shot. It amused me. XD
Mar 22, 2012 7:31 PM

Jan 2011
Day2Dream said:
Not to sound evil or anything but the end would have been better if Shu died...

You're not being evil you are being kind. Death with Inori > Forever alone, Inori obsessed, and blind.
VioLinkMar 22, 2012 7:35 PM
[center]
Mar 22, 2012 7:32 PM

Jan 2012
Nice ending but i would've preferred if Shu sacrificed himself instead
Mar 22, 2012 7:36 PM

Oct 2011
Great ending to a memorable series

I suppose the crystal cancer managed to take away Shu's sight? I forget previous eps, but Inori appeared blind right before embracing Shu.
Mar 22, 2012 7:37 PM

Apr 2008
Gems are truly outrageous. Truly, truly, truly, outrageous.
Pages (24) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.