Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2012 1:17 AM

Apr 2011
That was a funny trainwreck, I found it hard to take seriously with the exception of the ending of episode 6.
I give this a 6/10, the lack of time really made this anime...silly.
Mar 23, 2012 1:18 AM

Apr 2010
Well, I watched Guilty Crown before this like most people, and I have to say at least this ended better than Guilty Crown. The story in this anime started off shaky but in the end I understood what they were going for with the story in my own way. I don't understand 100% why BRS said she wont stop fighting when Mato said she would take her pain by herself, and if BRS keeps fighting I would think everything happen again. That is the only thing that bothers me at this point but I still enjoyed this. It is getting a 9/10 from me.
Mar 23, 2012 1:24 AM

Oct 2011
KazukiUchiha said:
Well, I watched Guilty Crown before this like most people, and I have to say at least this ended better than Guilty Crown. The story in this anime started off shaky but in the end I understood what they were going for with the story in my own way. I don't understand 100% why BRS said she wont stop fighting when Mato said she would take her pain by herself, and if BRS keeps fighting I would think everything happen again. That is the only thing that bothers me at this point but I still enjoyed this. It is getting a 9/10 from me.

I agree with a part about ending (first sentence). Still I expected more from this anime but I could give it a 7 maximum because it shows that you always should face the reality etc.

On the other hand I think OVA was muuuuuuuuchbetter.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2012 1:35 AM

May 2010
I felt the ending could be better but I guess this is also fine
Mar 23, 2012 1:36 AM
Sep 2011
Cute ending, but I still don't know what went on for most of the anime >.<
Mar 23, 2012 2:03 AM

Mar 2010
It's finally over. I'm not even sure if that's bad or good. Anyway, this ep was the best and certainly is a perfect cliche anime ending ep. Very predictable end (everyone being friends) and rainbow power of friendship saving the day like usually in cliche fighting anime. However, even taking all of that into account, the episode was VERY well done, both story wise, ending wise and coolness wise.

Rating:
Characters: 5/10 (not judging designs sice someone else did them; no one memorable nature wise)
Story: 5/10 (For the cheesy drama at the beginning that didn't make the least sense and too much cliche)
Art: 8/10 (very nice, including CGI and I usually hate that but nothing breathtaking generally)
Fighting scenes: 8/10 (Epic, but several times overdone and very badly executed at the beginning)
Enjoyment: 6/10 (Only the last 2/3 episodes were seriously worth watching, I'm glad this wasn't longer)

Total: 6/10 Although, I'm tempted to rate it 7/10 just because it kept getting better (not the other way around unlike many other anime), unfortunatelly, it was barely watchable when it was at its worst.

KazukiUchiha said:
I don't understand 100% why BRS said she wont stop fighting when Mato said she would take her pain by herself, and if BRS keeps fighting I would think everything happen again.

I think it was a kind of nod to STR's saying that they fight because they love them. BRS wants to keep fighting to protect Mato even though she doesn't want it. I don't think everythign will happen again, because now Mato knows about the other world and she'll do her best to protect BRS and others not to mention that she and Yomi agreed to share their pain which means BRS won't do much fighting and imo she'll fight alongside DM.
SuiNoByakkoMar 23, 2012 2:30 AM
Mar 23, 2012 2:13 AM

Jan 2011
and it's finally over gonna give this a 7 just because i'm in a good mood and it felt like a better and proper ending then the OVA...still don't understand what people see in this series though.
Mar 23, 2012 2:20 AM

Feb 2012
Is it time for the love circle SOL sequel!?
Mar 23, 2012 3:05 AM

Jun 2011
Kagari's super cute salute :DDDD

All in all,

7/10

Good show. Seriously did not mind the melodrama unlike apparently 90% of the people here =_=
Mar 23, 2012 3:16 AM
Apr 2010
Yay no more episodes to watch. Hopefully it stays finished. So many character and story problems for me, I just couldn't enjoy any of it.
Mar 23, 2012 3:31 AM

Feb 2012
So poorly written...I only watched it for the crazy girls. 2/10 from me.
SeraSeraMar 23, 2012 3:34 AM
Mar 23, 2012 3:39 AM

Feb 2012
I am giving this a 6, it took it self a little too seriously and had a little too much drama.
Mar 23, 2012 4:11 AM

Feb 2010
was a nice ride and i didn't expect mutch in the first place 7/10.
Mar 23, 2012 4:17 AM

Sep 2008
...what?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2012 4:17 AM

Oct 2011
I loved the ending. Great show that actually teaches us something unlike many countless anime that are just for entertainment and fan service :/

5/5 9/10
Mar 23, 2012 4:28 AM

May 2011
From how it started I was hoping for a better plot... Final episodes were boring, no surprises at all
6/10
Mar 23, 2012 4:52 AM

Mar 2011
Now that it's all over, it'd like to say something about the writing:

Goddamnit Black Rock Shooter has the worst writing in anime i've ever witnessed.

Goddamn all that pretentious "ooh little birds" craps makes me wanna kill kittens for a living.

Hell, the writing was so bad that during the entirety of episode 8 i was streaming George Michael songs while watching this POS. Any anime that makes me want to listen to George Michael deserves to get punished.

And since the BRS world is created by suffering, that means that this entire world is run by periods? Wow, that is one justification for the BRS world.

Mari Okada is one of the worst writers in anime. After that horrendous Ano Hana ending and this, i think she and Akiva Goldsman should be sent away to an island where we won't see their shit for the next 20 years.

In short: BRS is pretentious shit and the writing sucks.
Mar 23, 2012 5:05 AM

Sep 2010
Very Good Ending....... 8/10

Only one question though, How did Mato remember Strength in her childhood memories? It's pretty obvious that Strength and Mato can't meet in the past.
Mar 23, 2012 5:08 AM

Nov 2009
Still confused as hell .... The only thing I liked were the fights and animation in the other world.

Overall 5/10 . -1 to final score for the worst OP song of all time. That thing gave me an ear cancer :S
Mar 23, 2012 5:14 AM

Feb 2008
Uhh, this ending leaves various plotholes and many things that aren't explained at all. The action scenes were pretty, the OST was decent, and it made me feel a bit of emotion-- but as an actual product and as a whole it was kind of shit. Pushing the poetic stuff a little too far for my tastes.

Hopefully the next project focuses entirely on the Otherworld stuff and the actual BRS character instead of this middle school melodrama.

5/10
Mar 23, 2012 5:16 AM

Mar 2010
twonline said:

Only one question though, How did Mato remember Strength in her childhood memories? It's pretty obvious that Strength and Mato can't meet in the past.

My theory is that all of those memories were created for the purpose of STR getting close to Mato, while they actually met at school. That explains why no one knew about Yuu and why Mato's memories were fading (she couldn't remember Yuu's face). It also explains how she could have memories of them visiting Yuu's house while there was nothing when Mato ran there. But I don't have any proof for this aside from the fact that everything regarding Mato and Yuu's relationship and time together can be explained by it. I don't really care about this anime so it's enough for me. lol
Mar 23, 2012 6:13 AM
Sep 2011
In the end love and friendship prevail!

So, the moral of the story is that to hurt and to be hurt are essential features of a human being. This is what Mato comes to realize eventually.

Overall, it was a bumby and "colourful" ride. Somethimes the amount of convoluted melodrama really got unbearable but the outlandish setting made this anime worth watching if anything.
Mar 23, 2012 6:18 AM

Nov 2009
Mixed feelings towards the ending. The series could have been a lot better if they hadn't rushed it so much (Maybe 12 episodes instead of 8)

But I'll admit it...I cried when Mato hugged Yomi at the end.
Mar 23, 2012 6:41 AM

Jan 2012
Trisection said:
Typical happy ending while the ED plays and an after credits scene with STR and BRS. Looks like STR didn't die after all.

I still prefer the OVA over this though. It felt a bit dragged out.

I too prefer the OVA and was thinking this was going to be a sequel to the OVA.
But this was pretty good too. I especially liked the fighting scenes with BRS in all of the series and the giant gun, created from the combined forces of everyone in the last episode.

Mar 23, 2012 6:46 AM

Sep 2010
This was really one for the self-absorbed teens in the end, wasn't it? There was really very little wrong with most of these girls and what was wrong didn't really warrant quite so much talk of pain as if they really understood and had experienced it.
Also, when and why did this series suddenly become predominantly about Yuu?

I think there was a lot of potential, but it was poorly executed on almost all fronts. But, all things considered, I suppose I can see how it might appeal to 13 year old girls, in the same way bands like Black Veil Brides do. That's about it though.
Mar 23, 2012 6:56 AM

Feb 2008
ChessKitty said:
This was really one for the self-absorbed teens in the end, wasn't it? There was really very little wrong with most of these girls and what was wrong didn't really warrant quite so much talk of pain as if they really understood and had experienced it.
Also, when and why did this series suddenly become predominantly about Yuu?

I think there was a lot of potential, but it was poorly executed on almost all fronts. But, all things considered, I suppose I can see how it might appeal to 13 year old girls, in the same way bands like Black Veil Brides do. That's about it though.

The weird thing is that it's actually an otaku oriented series, which is of course a mostly male and adult dominated audience. No idea how all the guys in their late teens, 20s and 30s are supposed to like something like this, but hey, whatever. The weird dudes and little 12-15 year old girls can enjoy it equally.
Mar 23, 2012 7:29 AM

Dec 2011
Purely magnificent.

The best epik-transformation you'll ever seen!

Rating for overall anime: 9/10
uhh...
Mar 23, 2012 7:52 AM

Jun 2009
My God. IBRS got obliterated literally.

Err there are plotholes here and there but battles were amazing and I liked all the characters. If the story didn't get rushed as fuck, it would have been great.
Mar 23, 2012 8:10 AM

May 2011
Well it was short, but overall it was good one.
Mar 23, 2012 8:48 AM

Oct 2011
AceIII said:

Overall 5/10 . -1 to final score for the worst OP song of all time. That thing gave me an ear cancer :S

You watch a show... based on art that created a song, which made the art popular enough to have an anime in the first place...

... And you complain about the song that made it popular in the first place? Eh...
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Mar 23, 2012 8:51 AM

Oct 2011
Most of the hate here is based on the fact it was too short.

I agree.

If it was longer, it would have more battles, and a better chance to explain the drama that was going on - because they had to squeeze it into 8 episodes instead of 12 or 25, they ended up having some pacing issues.

But even then, for an 8 episode anime, the pacing was pretty good. I've seen much much worse.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Mar 23, 2012 8:59 AM

Oct 2011
DraconisMarch said:
This last episode was just as rushed as the rest of the show.

But it was still great. Solid show. Just needed to be 12 episodes.

It disturbs me greatly that this show has a lower mean score than Guilty Crown. Seriously. What the fuck is wrong with the world.

What's the matter? Not enough tits/ass shots for you?

I cannot agree with you enough.
Mar 23, 2012 9:34 AM

Sep 2011
Oh gosh. I'm so happy that this piece of garbage finally ended. Half an hour more free time to spend on more useful stuff for next Friday, woohoo!

2/5 for the finale, 4/10 for the whole series.
Mar 23, 2012 9:41 AM

Jun 2010
Omniknight said:

Honestly, if they just got rid of the entire school and based the premise solely on the imaginary world, this would have been far better.

I agree....it would've been done much better that way.
Mar 23, 2012 9:44 AM

Dec 2011
Veronin said:
No idea how all the guys in their late teens, 20s and 30s are supposed to like something like this, but hey, whatever. The weird dudes and little 12-15 year old girls can enjoy it equally.

i assume you didn't watch much of it then?
There is content in this series that would appeal to the younger viewers and the older viewers.
Just because you didn't like it, there is no need to type that load of shit...

That aside, i didn't care much for the 'over the top' drama, but the fighting scenes were epic. :D
Mar 23, 2012 9:58 AM

Oct 2011
Well the series wasn't that bad but I'd be happier if they went with the manga plot I wasn't that keen on all the teenage drama.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2012 10:01 AM

Jun 2011
OKAY,
SO,
What?
I love this show,
but hasn't Mato been missing to IRL?
Same thing as the OVA's ending,
how in the world does their dissappearance get explained!?!?
D:<
Mar 23, 2012 10:03 AM

Aug 2011
hellsascendant said:
i kind of agree on the guilty crown part. the thing about people scoring is that they are never objective, you have to remember that. most people rated this low because of INCREDIBLY high expectation put before it. i didn't like guilty crown either, and i rate the two pretty much the same. maybe guilty crown a bit higher because to me the only thing bad about it (horrendously bad) about it was the story.
Guilty Crown also had a retarded amount of hype preceeding it.

You're joking, right? The "characters" in GC are complete and total shit. Don't even get me started. And since it completely fails in both story and characters, it's objectively worse.

I'm sticking with my conclusion that the reason why it's rated lower is that it didn't have enough fan service for the perverts out there.

Taufiq91 said:

Goddamnit Black Rock Shooter has the worst writing in anime i've ever witnessed.

Goddamn all that pretentious "ooh little birds" craps makes me wanna kill kittens for a living.

Mari Okada is one of the worst writers in anime. After that horrendous Ano Hana ending and this, i think she and Akiva Goldsman should be sent away to an island where we won't see their shit for the next 20 years.

Every single one of those complaints... Guilty Crown committed all of those sins, but worse. Yet you rated it higher. Huh. That makes a lot of sense. Double standards much?
DraconisMarchMar 23, 2012 10:08 AM
Mar 23, 2012 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
Taufiq91 said:

Hell, the writing was so bad that during the entirety of episode 8 i was streaming George Michael songs while watching this POS. Any anime that makes me want to listen to George Michael deserves to get punished.

And since the BRS world is created by suffering, that means that this entire world is run by periods? Wow, that is one justification for the BRS world.

Kyubey would have a field day in this universe.
Mar 23, 2012 10:26 AM
May 2008
Wait, where did it imply that the imaginary world was created from periods?

And if that's true, then why aren't there more people in the imaginary world?
Mar 23, 2012 10:52 AM

Oct 2008
Wah, this series had so much potential... the Mato IBRS Fight was slightly GAR with that big fakking ass rainbow cannon but the story and scripting itself was so weird... It IS understandable yes, but just very very bad explained. And this kills everything IMO.
Mar 23, 2012 11:41 AM

Mar 2010
BRSxIgnition said:
Most of the hate here is based on the fact it was too short.

Well, most of the hate towards it that I noticed (but I wasn't counting so I could be wrong) was because of the crappy scripting. The melodrama at the beginning was too over the top. I'm not saying that there isn't a person in this world that can't act that way. I'm just saying that 80% of the world can't sympathise with those problems. The later episodes tried to make up to the terrible start but it just wasn't enough and the predictable cliche ending didn't help. Many of the people that are saying it should have been longer, liked it. IMO length was just about right, IF they cut about half of the melodrama out and focused more on the actual story. It would be better paced that way (although I had no problems with that at all) and wouldn't feel so forced.

dorothy3242 said:

but hasn't Mato been missing to IRL?
Same thing as the OVA's ending,
how in the world does their dissappearance get explained!?!?
D:<

It doesn't. Crappy BRS scripting says hi! She just returns as if nothing happened and everyone is happy. The end. Oh, and there's a rainbow friendship power somewhere in it too. I just wonder how bad would her punishment be if she returned like that without explanation irl.
Mar 23, 2012 11:54 AM

Jul 2010
Strength sacrificed herself to get Yuu back to the real world. Saya wasn't the evil person we though she'd be either. And they live happily ever after.

Overall a pretty good series. It was a little rushed and unclear in parts, but in the end they "explained" most of is pretty nicely. The drama was a little too much at times, but the action in the other world was pretty awesome. All this makes it a 7/10 from me. Not bad, but they really could've done better.

Mar 23, 2012 2:33 PM

Feb 2012
>White People Problems: The Anime

4/10 for this crap, and this is me being generous.
Mar 23, 2012 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
Crawling In My Skin: The Anime
Mar 23, 2012 3:39 PM

Dec 2011
WOW THAT WAS AMAAAAAAAAAAZING! :'''D

I really did love this anime! The animation in this episode was just... HNNNGGGH.

One question left, though- what happened to the other world? Didn't Mato, like destroy it? Did she just... change it, or something? SOMEONECLEARTHISUPPLEASE XD
Mar 23, 2012 3:51 PM

Mar 2010
AGirlInASweater said:

One question left, though- what happened to the other world? Didn't Mato, like destroy it? Did she just... change it, or something? SOMEONECLEARTHISUPPLEASE XD

Well, she somehow merged it with the real world (through the rainbow power of friendship) or at least that's what she said. But that practically means that aside from adding fancy light effects and talking fancy about a huge change nothing happened to it. All "others" are still there, it's still the other world and it's implied by BRS that the fights will still continue. So, basically, the only change is that, now, it looks shiny instead of cool.
Mar 23, 2012 3:54 PM

Oct 2009
This anime was really decent to say the least. It really isn't that good, but it isn't bad.

LAST EPISODE RATING: 6/10
Anime Rating: 4.5/10

Mar 23, 2012 4:52 PM

Jul 2011
This series was... disappointing... I was expecting so much from this! Heavy action, cool character design and an interesting plot. Too bad it only covered like 40% of the show while the rest was just annoying melodrama.

Never did I get invested in the characters, I didn't care for whatever happened to them. The only thing I enjoyed was seeing them go batshit insane because it made me crack up every time. I don't think their reactions was very realistic. Yes, I know they're supposed to be like 12 or something, but I still didn't believe them - nor care for that matter.

The animation in the real world was done so lazily. It just looked so sloppy and uninteresting... and extremely bland! The other world wasn't done better though. The background looked very good, but like many others I'm not a big fan of CGI in anime. Half the time it looked decent, but half the time I felt like I was watching a crappy cutscene from a videogame. Why didn't they use the animation from the OVA? That was amazing!

The seiyuus did a rather good job, at least for such a cheesy script. Same thing goes for the bgm - it was good, but not spectacular.

So yeah... From me Black Rock Shooter gets a 4/10. It could have been so much better, but failed thanks to the boring characters, bad script, so-so animation and too little action! I wanted to see BRS kick ass, not see little girls and their problems...
Mar 23, 2012 5:11 PM

Nov 2011
Well, above good or bad... that was surely psychedelic.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Paul - Feb 2, 2012

336 by Sawdustchunks »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:44 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 23, 2012

239 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Oct 7, 2023 4:00 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

245 by Spicelit »»
Nov 29, 2022 11:11 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 15, 2012

149 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 3, 2022 6:21 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 8, 2012

191 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 3, 2022 5:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.