Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 2, 2013 2:25 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode. Serious and sad.
This is tagged as comedy, romance, slice of life.
Take out the romance and add drama.
Jun 22, 2013 5:31 AM

Apr 2013
The ending was very sad. Hina doesn't know that her parents are dead.
Only one episode left :(
Jun 29, 2013 6:27 PM

Feb 2009
Three of them are a little to much for just one person to handle while still going to school.
Jul 26, 2013 8:34 AM

Nov 2012
shit is getting real now.. so many problem show up.. even hina is sick now..
and I wonder what yuta and the aunt talking about.. :/ looks like it is a serious problem.. :3

next episode is gonna be the final :'( it end so fast :(
Oct 15, 2013 9:37 PM

Dec 2007
I thought the news said that the passengers were missing. I thought that they just assumed that they were dead. This is what happens when you marathon a series in a few days. You miss a few things. I thought the dream sequences were okay. Overall, the episode was fine. The letter will cause some drama in the next episode, and hopefully everything will be concluded.
Feb 7, 2014 8:34 AM
Mar 2013
Sora falling asleep in class. I've had that happen before, and it wasn't fun xD

On another note, I'm really enjoying Sora's little dreams/fantasies play out. The scene with field of flowers kind of reminded me of Alice from Wonderland.

I wonder if this Sora > Yuuta > Raika > Sora love square/triangle will resolve itself by the end of the series. Probably not though.
Jul 2, 2014 11:20 PM

Aug 2013
Cratex said:
Medicine? What 'medicine' is Sora giving Miu???

The author could have taken them down a really messed up path. Thank goodness this is a light-hearted show.

How are they going to explain death to a three year old girl? :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 25, 2014 1:09 PM

Oct 2013
man that ending them feels
wonder how this is going to turn out are they going to llive with there other uncle ??
MAN Y DON'T they jsut tell hina i know it sucks but fuckkk
so many feels D:
LOl@ Sora with boobies XD
Sora has a crazy imagination thats for sure ^-^
[/quote]
Jan 18, 2015 6:32 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Even though I don't like the Aunt or the Takanashi family she had a point. One, Yuuta's been too focused on the feeling of being a father that he completely didn't notice any fever signs of Hina, or Miu's problems. Then there's Sora quitting the club. Lastly, not having his phone charged is a huge mistake Yuuta made. There's no ifs or butts, being a parent means having the phone charged everyday. What would have happened if Hina went to the hospital and Yuuta's phone was out of battery. Yep, most likely the girls would be taken on the spot. The only reason the aunt even gave Yuuta more time was because she wanted him to think it over.

The ending was heart breaking. Explaining to a 3 year old that her parents aren't coming back is a tough task and depressing.

Sep 18, 2015 10:03 PM

Mar 2012
Dreamland is always best.

Ah being a single father of 3 with almost no money is so difficult.
Nov 21, 2015 5:53 AM

Jul 2015
How the hell does the aunty even know more about how the kids are doing more so than Yuuta- it doesn't even make sense lol. Such a silly and illogical plot sequence. Makes me hate her lol. I'm just happy things aren't going as bad as they COULD have. It'll turn into the kids getting mad at Yuuta for deciding to send them to the uncle without considering their feelings, I think.
Dec 20, 2015 12:43 AM

Aug 2009
the relatives doesn't seem like bad people after all... but this is going to be tough decision

Y U DO DIS, I NO WANT TO SEE DAT END

torn my heart into a million pieces with hina's comment ;_;

my music black list: twinkle star
Jun 5, 2016 1:05 PM

Aug 2013
It was depressing as hell. I hope that they won't move to their uncle.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 10, 2016 11:02 AM

May 2015
I understand that Yuta offered to take in the girls because the elders were to take then apart and that would have been more hard for the girls and even though they protested, they let him have it his way... the thing that I don’t understand is if they knew of his situation why in The Blue Hell they didn’t send him some kind of allowances, not big bucks but some kind of an amount to help him get through with his life (food, travel & school expenses and health care for the girls) and now they are trying to take the girls away... they are family they supposed to take care of each other in rough times…
Apr 3, 2017 11:47 AM

Feb 2013
He has to do something fast, the girls aren't doing well at school and they aren't too healthy either.
May 29, 2017 6:41 AM
Aug 2014
jacobpaige said:
All of these problems could have been avoided by transfering the girls to a closer school or moving into the house instead of the apartment and putting college on hold until Sora was old enough to get a job and Miu was old enough to take care of Hina. But that would require a lot less melodrama than the "solutions" used so far.

Assuming that neither of those solutions would work for some unknown reason(s), he should take that guy up on his offer and let the girls go, its what's best for everyone. Of course there's absolutely no chance whatsoever that that will happen. Its much more likely that we'll get another touchy feely half-assed solution that basically amounts to "It'll all work out somehow."

I don't know why so many people compared this to Usagi Drop, its like comparing a cesspool to a reservoir, just because they're both man made structures containing water :/

Well said.

No bath scene at least.
Feb 1, 2019 12:21 AM

Jun 2016
Am I the only one who felt a bit of pacing whiplash here? I assume there was a time skip.
Segawa is a total dad now and he's working really hard, Sora has finally realized what her feelings towards Segawa mean with her dreams of marriage, the four of them are used to this life now with the girls are exhausting themselves to keep Segawa from being worried, and for the first time in forever Hina finally remembers she has a mom and a dad, an issue that has been avoided awkwardly for awhile. Everything was so gradually building up and this episode felt as though it were an awkward skip forward so everything could go wrong and there could be an emotional climax. ~_~

The yuri scene was off putting at first but then I remembered how much of a teaser Miu is and it made sense to me why Sora would dream of her like that.. maybe. Dreams don't have to make sense and it makes enough sense to have Miu play a good spirited joke on her like that. It's quite certainly for the perverts out there I'm sure but it could be worse!

And yes Auntie knew too much about what was going on to make sense. Perhaps it will be explained or it will be a plot hole. Everything bad possible going on at once and an omniscient aunt really soured this episode for me, it felt so artificial. I would have loved to see more build up to all of these events. Perhaps it didn't really need it, Segawa was never a questioning father and it did show Sora stop going to her club but it could have been far more stretched out and shown that separation of him and the girls grow deeper.

Either way it seemed like everything was going well until this episode and Segawa as the super dad he now is decided it perhaps is best for the girls to move in together with someone else. The reason he did initially take them in was to keep them together after all and he's able to see the broader picture now.

The one part that really got to me was actually Segawa beating himself over not having his phone on when Hina was in trouble. He did this to give back to the world what his sister did for him and he's doing the exact opposite from what she did for him now, he's putting the children in danger. The scene leading to it may have felt contrived for the reasons above but at least it's a good motivation for him doubting himself on top of his development.

Some other things:
I feel like living in the house could cost more than the apartment. It's also probably not in his name and I don't know, as someone not familiar with the process of buying and owning houses this was something I didn't mind.

As for the other family wanting to take the girls just shunning Segawa and not sending him money, unless this is explored its just another questionable detail like the omniscient aunt.
Mar 9, 2020 2:06 PM

May 2018
Yuuta should just go and marry Sora-chan now :D
Jan 21, 2021 4:37 PM

Aug 2014
MC should take the offer of the uncle and let the three nieces live together in a more comfortable and bigger place where all 3 can be together.

Good for the uncle to now decide to take all 3 in, even if its a very difficult decision to make, specially financially and with a toddler.

and yuck, please, no more twinkle twinkle
May 13, 2023 2:20 PM

Aug 2019
i doubt yuuta will be able to let go of the kids
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Mar 6, 2012

112 by sinsforeal »»
Jan 21, 4:39 PM

» The OST in this series sounds like Fire Emblem

jendorei - Jun 27, 2023

1 by Skoorb »»
Jun 27, 2023 11:44 AM

» [Major Spoilers] What ever happened to Oda Raika?

--Dawn-- - Apr 2, 2016

5 by Shreyash101 »»
Jun 24, 2023 2:56 PM

» I came here after watching the ova

Ghefira - May 24, 2023

1 by Skoorb »»
May 25, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2012

221 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 13, 2023 2:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.