MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Kimi no Iru Machi: Tasogare Kousaten »» Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

70 48.95%
4 out of 5: Liked it

38 26.57%
3 out of 5: It was OK

26 18.18%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

6 4.20%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 2.10%
Voters: 143

03-20-12, 5:17 PM

mdz said:
Went from something 5CMPS-ish to just another melodramatic love-triangle. Never understood the logic behind that; hopefully it recovers, the OST was great.

My thoughts exactly. I felt it was doing a good job up until the point where the main character was asked to be that girl's "boyfriend". 5cm per second was such a powerful piece due to its poetic re-telling of a relationship that eventually fell apart over time rather than its dramatic or romantic elements. In a sense, Kimi no Iru seems like a less "mature" version of 5cm. Of course, this is just a 2 episode OVA of an entire manga, so it probably isn't fair for me to judge it based on what I've seen. Plus there is still one episode left, so hopefully it will end nicely at least.

03-20-12, 5:20 PM

I watched this randomly without being aware of the manga, or even with what I was getting into ... looks like an average romance plot over two episodes, second episode not due until June... the presentation is above average, can't say i say any flaws or corner cutting, but I'm not sure why this was made at all, esp. if the manga is more interesting that a relatively straightforward story.

Nonethelss, it was entertaining, for those who like romance / slice of life type stuff... so if you want a non-bad romantic episode to watch, I guess this and (when the other half comes out) the other one would be a short time investment for a good payoff.

Personally, though, I think it needs more ninjas.

03-20-12, 5:30 PM

Wow after watching the first OVA, I am really interested. Both Eba and Kanzaki are cute! Is this getting a full season anytime soon?

03-20-12, 5:34 PM

As a fan of the Manga i enjoyed watching this because it reminded me of the good times i had and the rage moments i had reading it! though i can't really speak for people that haven't read it because this ova just might seem like a generic romance/slice of life which in away it is but it has alot of good crazy moments like Dat train trap.

only thing that bugged me was the VA wasn't expecting Haruto and Rin to sound so deep haha.

03-20-12, 6:05 PM

i dont mind the art .. Kimi no Iru Machi is BAWS!

03-20-12, 7:12 PM

katsu044 said:
As a fan of the Manga i enjoyed watching this because it reminded me of the good times i had and the rage moments i had reading it! though i can't really speak for people that haven't read it because this ova just might seem like a generic romance/slice of life which in away it is but it has alot of good crazy moments like Dat train trap.

only thing that bugged me was the VA wasn't expecting Haruto and Rin to sound so deep haha.

Because the VA of Haruto is the same VA of Arata wataya of Chihayafuru have a very deep voice. basically this anime is harem but with one main heroine and expect to be choose in the end. it's more great if they create it like Amagami style route version because the other heroine is very cute specially asuka, akari and kanzaki.

03-20-12, 7:29 PM

Idk but we get a little cameo of Suzuka and Fuka I think?

03-20-12, 7:54 PM

bootyjon said:
katsu044 said:

Because the VA of Haruto is the same VA of Arata wataya of Chihayafuru have a very deep voice. basically this anime is harem but with one main heroine and expect to be choose in the end. it's more great if they create it like Amagami style route version because the other heroine is very cute specially asuka, akari and kanzaki.
I kinda agree with ya but Amagami is based off a Dating Sim so you could use that argument for any Harem with one Main heroine which i love to see more now adays where they give you more endings for your favorite character, Mashiroiro Symphony which recently came out kinda did the same thing just you would have to play the games Etc if you wanted a different ending!.

03-20-12, 8:20 PM

I'm a huge fan of the manga but, dude, why start the ONA there? D:

Its looking like the common love-triangle-misunderstanding-as-long-as-your-happy animes :(

03-20-12, 8:24 PM

great anime...I hope the anime become tv mush better than ova. it is very similar to 5 centimeters per second .

03-20-12, 8:41 PM

They didn't adapt Seo Kouji's art very well and this OVA is incredibly low budget. That and Megumi Nakajima as Yuzuki is really fucking off.

Then again, it's quite fitting. A terrible adaption of a terrible manga.
Ok™

03-20-12, 10:11 PM

What did they do to Kanzaki :(
Also VA was a bit off then what i had imagined.
Never the less i still loved it.

03-20-12, 10:24 PM

story was too fast x.x but im interested in this now....maybe its time to read the manga..
I desire money. Not because I am poor or because I am greedy. It is because with money I will gain power and with that power I will be able to change the world.

03-20-12, 10:58 PM

fishcaketwice is an clown who has never even seen the original manga artwork, so has no place commenting on whether the art is good or bad.

IT SUCKED.

if this title was to ever get a full series, it better bloody not be with this half arsed studio.

03-20-12, 11:13 PM

expected

recieved
Modified by squall69r, 03-20-12, 11:47 PM

03-21-12, 12:03 AM

still have gripes w/ the animation, but the dialect was pretty interesting :)

03-21-12, 2:17 AM

If he doesn't end up with Eba at the end of this I will be pissed, I would prefer an open end as the manga hasn't finished yet. Although it seems that this is already pretty far into the story and they glanced over what happened previously. Want to see more.

Getting massive 5 Centimetres per Second vibes from this.

03-21-12, 2:35 AM

When I first saw the characters, I was like "WHO THE FUCK ARE THEY?". But anyways this arc is pain in a butt. Really, if everyone read the Manga then this Anime won't get too much attention....... I must say they did a good job though.

03-21-12, 3:17 AM

that was good..but it didnt interest and satisfy me well !
wall...as a ova i voted 3/5....but i hope this ova may be a path for a serie !

03-21-12, 4:41 AM

Great so far. Somewhat cliche. I hope this doesn't turn into another 5 centimeters per second.

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices