MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi OVA Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi OVA »» Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi OVA Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
View Poll Results: Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi OVA Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

38 46.34%
4 out of 5: Liked it

32 39.02%
3 out of 5: It was OK

7 8.54%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 2.44%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 3.66%
Voters: 82

04-22-12, 3:21 PM

Why did they make this shitty filler?

Edit - I said that when I watched like 8 minutes of it, it was getting so boring it was a recap, but when it got down to business and the fighting starting happening I kinda enjoyed it, though there are so many chapters in the manga, how come they couldn't cover a short arc? the anime covered 143 chapters and there is 473 chapters out right now, I don't feel like reading over 300 chapters of a shounen manga right now lol. They should have did a short little arc from the manga or cover a little bit of the next arc after the ryozanpaku saga..We really need an anime, kenichi did decent on tv plus there is so much material we have that we won't have fillers for a long time.
Modified by VongolaXEspada, 04-22-12, 4:36 PM

05-01-12, 3:06 PM

I enjoyed the OVA a lot. Its great to be watching Kenichi again. Now as for the VAs I had no problems with them, although i will say that im not as familiar with japanese VAs. I think it was a great idea to make the OVA a filler. To kind of test voices out and get an idea of the audiences feedback, so they don't mess up any of the actual canon.

05-02-12, 6:35 PM

I don't know why people are complaining about Rei being Miu's new voice, yeah its a surprise but I thought she was great at it. I noticed that her voice changed little despite it. Plus I love the OVA a lot cause of the new design, graphics, and how the coloring of the characters made everything pop more. I know that the OVA had about half canon and the other half filler, but I liked it cause it also showed the YOMI members like Shou, Plus, it's kinda weird that his voice is soft since his voice actor does Ulquiora Shiffer from bleach. I just Know that the second OVA in May will be just as great if not better. Also, the ratings for this OVA is pretty good right now: a 7.81/10, thats not half bad if I say so myself.

06-10-12, 4:59 PM

The one i saw Shigure had nipples!
hahaha i liked the fight scenes and the animation is better then the tv series so i enjoyed it.

06-21-12, 11:38 AM

It was awesome OVA, the new animation was alot better and I'm hoping they satrt a new anime series from it. Also when does the second one come out.

07-17-12, 8:05 PM

This was great, just as the story was. I like the fight in the middle of the two trains the most. Yeah there was a lot of intro time and introduction to the characters maybe unnecessary but some good fan service and fight scenes.

08-27-12, 2:03 PM

After the long wait, this was a disappointment. The second one was an improvement though.
Is there another word for synonym?

09-14-12, 7:59 PM

is it worth watching ???

09-18-12, 7:09 AM

I will get really depressed if they are going to have this level of fanservice/the level the manga is now, if they are going to continue the anime :/ (havent touched the manga on a year since I got fed up with all the ecchi shit the crammed in more and more of)

02-11-14, 1:50 PM

I honestly liked the OVA although they were "filler enemies" , and i didn't even notice the difference of Miu's VA.

I hope they keep this up to continue animating the story.

02-17-14, 9:37 PM

yeah, I was disappointed by the filler, but man is it good to see Kenichi animated again! I'm lovin the soundtrack. This show definitely has some of the best fights of any anime series I've ever seen.
Love and Peace!!!

04-13-14, 11:42 AM

it air on japan tv again start with this episode but new OP and ED will air about 10 -12 episode i think till the end of D OF D

05-05-14, 6:30 PM

What an impressive first episode, not only did the action got a lot better but also the pacing, art and animation! While the original voice actress died from Miu, Kugimiya Rie did a really good job tuning to Miu's original voice putting that aside I also didn't expect fan service or at least not in the first episode! Either way this first OVA is very awesome and the art reminds me of Jojo's bizarre adventure a bit!

Well let's see what the other ova's have to offer us!

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices