Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2012 10:04 AM

May 2008
8/10

Dunno why people are bashing this so much. I enjoyed it a little more than Bakemonogatari tbh. There was a LOT of blood in this episode..wow.

Ah well. Now to wait for the movie.

Mar 19, 2012 10:09 AM

Mar 2011
Nisemonogatari was awesome, but the final was just regular.
Mar 19, 2012 12:59 PM

Dec 2011
Disliked the ending.
They didnt show any fight.

I only saw Araragi being punched like a worm.
He was fighting for his sister..
Really?

And they didnt show the fight between Shinobu and that Yokai.
I enjoyed this show but the final was not good.
Mar 19, 2012 1:05 PM
Jul 2010
Glub said:
Disliked the ending.
They didnt show any fight.

I only saw Araragi being punched like a worm.
He was fighting for his sister..
Really?

And they didnt show the fight between Shinobu and that Yokai.
I enjoyed this show but the final was not good.

I think not showing the shinobu vs yokai fight was a good choice > The mystery is there and they don't run the risk of making a bad fight scene especially with their animation budget.
Mar 19, 2012 2:47 PM

Sep 2011
When I saw adult Shinobu I was like YES!
When I saw Hitagi with short hair I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whyyyyyyyyyyy?!?!?!?!?!?

Anyway, Nise was great. All the short hair stuff was the only thing I disliked. Still can't wait for more.
Mar 19, 2012 6:50 PM

Jan 2011
Sury said:
When I saw adult Shinobu I was like YES!
When I saw Hitagi with short hair I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whyyyyyyyyyyy?!?!?!?!?!?

Anyway, Nise was great. All the short hair stuff was the only thing I disliked. Still can't wait for more.

Yeah, short hair: NO! xd

I really like to see Araragi fighting and not being kicked.
I'll wait for the next ???monogataris series...
Mar 20, 2012 1:36 AM

Aug 2008
Enjoyable to watch. And if it's enjoyable to watch, I say I give it a 9! I don't put too much emphasis on ratings though, from a critical standpoint that is -.-

Sorta interesting too. Koyomi is pretty much immortal, but Tsukihi can die from regular aging? Hmmm. Nice contrast in abilities.
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to that prequel movie now... that 1st episode of the first anime was just too much of a tease if I can still recall it :P

And about Hitagi, I think the short hair looks nice on her. But I liked the longer hair better, as it felt like it made her more unique... and prettier.
Mar 20, 2012 3:14 AM
Dec 2007
By far the best episode of the show and the only one on par with the good episodes of Bakemono. Some kind of redemption to conclude the series at least. 8/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 20, 2012 10:48 AM

Apr 2009
Shinobu with a Mista DONUT JACKET. AH CAN'T RESIST MY FUCKING PENIS TURNING INTO VAMPIRE NOM YEAH SWEET SHIT KICK SOME ASS LOVE BLOOD YEAH GO NISEMONOGATARI.

Give me more. God.
Mar 20, 2012 10:51 AM

Apr 2011
Sad it was TBC. But great way to end Nise
5/5
Mar 20, 2012 2:01 PM
Mar 2012
Loved both series! Does anyone know that background piano song near the end of this episode when Araragi was talking to his little sister? Would like to know the name of it !
Mar 20, 2012 2:06 PM
Jul 2010
aznfrodo said:
Loved both series! Does anyone know that background piano song near the end of this episode when Araragi was talking to his little sister? Would like to know the name of it !

It was a variation of staple Stable's piano instrumental.

by the way guys, nisio Ishiin has announced the last three novels for the monogatari series, check http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=415173.
Mar 20, 2012 7:28 PM

Apr 2010
DrRatekkusu said:
aznfrodo said:

by the way guys, nisio Ishiin has announced the last three novels for the monogatari series, check http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=415173.

I wish I could read moon runes.
Mar 21, 2012 12:30 PM
Jul 2010
Actually I'm mistaken, it's really a new soundtrack introduced in Nisemonogatari. I mistook it for the OST used when Araragi talks to Senjougahara in episode 6.
Mar 21, 2012 5:45 PM

Apr 2011
Epic Anime
Is it me or is araragi like a human punching bag in the whole of the anime :/
wow he took alot of hurt.
Tsundere-chan with short hair is ok but I prefer her with longer hair just my OP.
Can't wait for more gatari <3

10/10
Mar 21, 2012 8:50 PM
Dec 2007
sfrea said:
Epic Anime
Is it me or is araragi like a human punching bag in the whole of the anime :/
wow he took alot of hurt.
Tsundere-chan with short hair is ok but I prefer her with longer hair just my OP.
Can't wait for more gatari <3

10/10
When was he NOT one? People may have forgotten but in Bakemono he was abused and otherwise obliterated in every arc. The only fight he kinda stood his ground was in the Neko fight and a little in Snake.

Mar 21, 2012 11:29 PM
Oct 2010
DrRatekkusu said:
aznfrodo said:
I believe it's rather a slow Platinum Disco's piano instrumental.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 22, 2012 6:46 PM
Sep 2009
oshino at 20:40 is pretty badass, looking at the town, that picture would give a really nice wallpaper, does anyone here have a nice resolution of that?
I miss that guy...hope he shows up next season :)
Mar 22, 2012 9:13 PM

Jul 2009
I don't have words to analyze this show, they wouldn't do it justice.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 23, 2012 9:50 AM

May 2011
love the way araragi scream out for Kaiki.
Epic Kamiya Hiroshi
Mar 23, 2012 1:13 PM

Jan 2011
rants:
WHY U CUT UR HAIR KAREN
WHY U GUYS NO ANIMATE ARARAGI KISSING KAREN
WE NEED MORE SHINOBU

that is all

i can't wait for shinobu's season :D
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Mar 23, 2012 3:13 PM

Jul 2011
I wrote this for another forum, but I think there´s nothing wrong in leaving it here too:

PD:

KANBARU-CHWAN~~~♥;!! (D*3*)D THEY SHOULD HAVE MADE YOU APPEAR MORE OFTEN, DAMMIT!!! T_T
Mar 23, 2012 11:58 PM

Mar 2012
I think it's enjoyable experience so i give it 9 thought...

Wait for another monogatari series :)
Mar 24, 2012 9:03 AM

Apr 2011
garbage sequel, became more of a chore than anything to finish it so i could get it off my list.

glad its over
Mar 24, 2012 1:28 PM
Mar 2012
Personally enjoyed it; 9/10. Had some tedious moments but some great dialogue as well.
Mar 24, 2012 2:41 PM

May 2010
bbmello said:
garbage sequel, became more of a chore than anything to finish it so i could get it off my list.

glad its over

Same here, only enjoyed episode 3.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 24, 2012 8:25 PM
Jul 2011
I'm Platinum mad that it finished just like that. And now I wait for Kizumono. It looks awesome.
I like bubble teaaa~ Bubble tea for meee~
I'll have it for breakfast, I'll have it for tea, a little each day is a good recipee~
Mar 24, 2012 10:54 PM

Sep 2008
that left me hanging >.< next monogatari come soon!
enya's life spent on MAL: September 21, 2008 to August 23, 2012
Mar 25, 2012 5:03 AM

Jan 2011
I'm disappointed.
Had some great moments, but I expected much much more than this.
I'm wondering about how long it'll take for the next monogatari, I guess around a year or so.
Still had some unique points and I like the unique animation style.
7/10.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 25, 2012 9:04 AM

Jan 2008
WHY did you have to cut your hair Senjougahara?!?! ;__;

is anybody here who has read the sequel novels and can tell me whether her hair will grow again? ;<
Mar 25, 2012 11:59 AM

May 2011
Shinobu as a teen is just as freaking awesome as she is as a adorable kid. HELL YEH!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Senjougahara whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy u do dat!?

Lmao Araragi looked like a zombie half the time during the fight.

Great sequel to Bakemono, really liked alotta episode this season. Looking forward to Kizu and more installments of monogatari.

Takumaku said:
Shinobu with a Mista DONUT JACKET. AH CAN'T RESIST MY FUCKING PENIS TURNING INTO VAMPIRE NOM YEAH SWEET SHIT KICK SOME ASS LOVE BLOOD YEAH GO NISEMONOGATARI.

Give me more. God.
What a great way to describe this.
Mar 25, 2012 7:23 PM

Mar 2011
This series wasted so much of my time. Viewed on its own, I'd have probably liked it more, but my expectations were set with Bakemonogatari.

Last two episodes were good.
Mar 25, 2012 8:15 PM

Jan 2012
everyone is cutting their hair! i'm platinum mad!
i wish they animated the shinobu pwnage but gotta leave that on our imagination.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 26, 2012 12:56 AM

Jul 2007
No actual fight scene, just Koyomi getting fucked up lol

I was platinum mad that Senjougahara didn't make a real appearance at the end but they went ahead and showed she cut her "long beautiful hair" ;/

Overall, I definitely preferred Bake over Nise. I felt that they went a bit overboard with the fanservice and imoutocest in this one lol

Still, I look forward to the next installment in the arararagimonogatari.

8/10
Mar 28, 2012 2:43 PM

May 2009
bbmello said:
glad its over

Yeah, I hope I'll be able to forget it as fast as possible. Enjoyed only one ep of this series(6th episode), rest was craaaaap.
Mar 28, 2012 10:39 PM

Jul 2008
I really enjoyed 3 or 4 episodes.
Mar 29, 2012 9:46 AM

Aug 2008
What's the obsession with girls cutting their hair in this series? Tsubasa, Hitagi and Karen.
Highlight of this episode is Shinobu. So moe~

Overall, this pales in comparison to Bakemonogatari since both arcs ended in such an anti-climatic way.
Mar 29, 2012 2:03 PM

Mar 2011
Enjoyed watching the series. Hope it gets a new season soon =)
Mar 31, 2012 1:28 AM

Aug 2010
Liked Nise more than Bake.

Blow me
Mar 31, 2012 8:47 PM
Nov 2010
Homolust said:
Liked Nise more than Bake.

Blow me

I liked Bake more, but i thought Nise was really really good, especially the last episode. The scenery and backgrounds were amazing and i thought the story in the last episode made up for the few parts where it dragged. Can't wait to read the books/watch Kizu^^
Apr 1, 2012 8:19 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
8/10 liked more than last season. hope to see more :D Love the ecchi and messed up aspect. But this "stylish" art style is not my type..
Apr 1, 2012 6:07 PM

Apr 2012
darkerealm said:
What's the obsession with girls cutting their hair in this series? Tsubasa, Hitagi and Karen.

I'm pretty sure that the girls cutting their hair is a way to move on for them, for example:

Hitagi: after episode 7, she was finally able to get revenge (kinda) on Kaiki, and close that chapter of her life, thus being able to move on

Tsubasa: we see her with short hair since the begining because in her case, she confronted her feelings towards Koyomi at the end of Bakemonogatari, and after being rejected, she moved on with her life

Karen: after episode 7 and 8, she was finally able to form a close bond with her brother, with whom she spent the previous episodes fighting, so she cut her hair in episode 9

---------------------------------------

Other than that, i would say that i really liked the show, and the monogatari series in general, SHAFT of course has the crazy idea of animating every single one of the Monogatari novels, Kizumonogatari comming at the end of this year (October i think), and Nekomonogatari probably comming in 2013 and the rest coming, well, later on.

We don't get any sequels of Nisemonogatari yet, as Kizumonogatari is the prequel of Bakemonogatari, and the Nekomonogatari they intend to animate is the one set during the Golden Week (i need confirmation of that), the first time the cat within Tsubasa shows up, again, before bakemonogatari.

Well, i'm looking forward to more of the combination of Nisio and Shinbo, those two always make great stuff together (though both of them are Trolls...). 10/10

I will leave a link to a translated version of Kizumonogatari for the ones that don't want to wait to know the story (it is amazing!!!):

"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Apr 7, 2012 9:34 AM

Jun 2008
Well this last two episodes where really awesome but still i don't think this can score as high as Bakemonogatari because it really spend too much time showing us how perverted Araraki is instead of much plot. He really went overboard this time.

Teen Shinobu looks more badass and it seem she was kicking the ass of that other little monster girl.

Senjougahara's hair really where wonderful but come on guys relax, she looks awesome in short hair too. This shows that a real beauty never loses her charm. Why can't you people see that short hair have their charm too. I did kind of felt enormously jealous of Araraki going to her there at the beach in the end. I couldn't help but think how lucky the damn bastard is. Just look at her, she's so amazing!
Damn you, you lucky bastard, maybe it's only fair that you get a few beatings in your life.
MonadApr 7, 2012 9:38 AM
Apr 8, 2012 1:55 AM

Apr 2009
Tsukihi Phoenix conflict ends, I wonder if Nisemonogatari will get the Bakemonogatari treatment with extra web release episodes.

It doesn't really matter if Tsukihi was never human to begin with, she's still Koyomi and Karen's beloved little sister. I thought the two teams were going to go for a draw with both one win and one loss, but you gotta hand it to Koyomi for refusing to give up to Yozuru. Shinobu taught Yotsugi a lesson on respecting her "elders".

It's clear how much Koyomi loves his sisters, going so much as to get his ass royally handed to him, and yet win the fight in the way only he can. Nobody messes with the Araragi family. "That's how family works."

Though I have to admit that the author's war on beautiful long hair has me platinum mad. Well, it'll all grow back eventually. If he lets them.
Apr 8, 2012 7:09 PM
Jul 2010
SayakaMagica said:

It's clear how much Koyomi loves his sisters, going so much as to get his ass royally handed to him, and yet win the fight in the way only he can. Nobody messes with the Araragi family. "That's how family works."

Araragi has a good chance of winning such a fight, he was never fighting Yozuru seriously to begin with and anyone that knows why from the novels would agree with me. He also states himself that he never intended to kill her, though this is not viable evidence for my original point.
Apr 9, 2012 4:06 PM
Aug 2009
happySoul said:
Wow. Awesome ending. Who was that at the end, though? Hitagi with cut hair?

Who was it? :)
Apr 11, 2012 9:07 AM

Sep 2011
Am I the only one that likes Senjougahara with her short hair?

Actually, I like them all with their hair short, it's cute. Specially Hanekawa.

Kanbaru looks better with her hair long though.
No.
Apr 16, 2012 2:06 AM
Aug 2010
I feel like this "season" or whatever you want to call it, was very lacking compared to 'Bakemonogatari'.

There are many reasons, but the top has to be the ANTI-CLIMATIC ending to both arcs.

It just seems like it was all HAX, yes, the same way Shounen does it's stories....sorry, but I really feel that way.

The way they ended the Karen arc just bothers me so damn much, it was literally all talk and nothing to show for it. At least this arc had a better conclusion but at the same time it seemed very contrived and not logical with the way this "world" operates.

Despite this grievance, I'm going to give that a pass because this series is much more than just telling a story.

It's one of the most unique and entertaining shows in a sea of generic and utterly bad anime.

Overall, the top character (Once again) was Koyomi Araragi, he really is what makes this anime so damn fun to watch.

Although, I feel Karen really made a huge fanbase (especially with the FAMOUS TOOTHBRUSH episode).

In Conclusion, I'm very pleased with Nisemonogatari, it didn't live up to what Bakemonogatari was, but then again I don't think there was any way it would've been better.

As an ecchi fan, I loved all the ecchi scenes, I loved Karen, and all the other girls.

9/10....I feel like I might be giving this series a higher rating than it deserves.

Then again, Shinobu and Karen were just too delicious :D
ichig0fanApr 16, 2012 2:11 AM
Apr 17, 2012 7:57 AM

Jul 2011
What's with this whole "the author hates long hair" rubbish? If that was true, Senjougahara and Tsubasa would have never had long hair in the first place. They cut their hair (along with Nadeko) becuase Koyomi has a fetish for short hair.
Apr 18, 2012 11:59 PM

Mar 2009
Well, let's hope the next monogatari series is much better than this one.

It's a shame Nisiosin's characters still suffer from notshuttingthefuckup-itis.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ariamachi - Jan 14, 2012

348 by Ken_9 »»
Mar 15, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2012

247 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 5, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 25, 2012

754 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 3, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 18, 2012

323 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 2, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 11, 2012

221 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 1, 7:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.