Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2012 8:38 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
what??? to be continued?

hmmm.....anyway, i disagree with that ending(2/5)
however, tsukihi X Koyomi kiss ....+1
so 3/5
Mar 17, 2012 9:39 AM

Jul 2011
Another two hour blog entry from that, anyhow, really enjoyed the season. Hopefully more of the light novels get animated. They should release a fan-service episode on the blu-ray revolving around Koyomi and Senjougahara though.
mdzMar 17, 2012 1:06 PM
Mar 17, 2012 9:58 AM

Jun 2011
Teen Shinobu is really hot, actually Shinobu in any age/size is hot. Btw i still cant believe they manage to end the arc with this episode when Tsukihi only made minimum appearance throughout her arc.

Well im guessing the "continue" either means an extra in the blu ray or the Nekomonogatari. Still cant wait, and i seriously mean CANT WAIT for Shaft to animate the rest of the monogatari series. Wonder how many years that is gonna take, but i'll wait patiently.
ArcanaTraceMar 17, 2012 10:10 AM
Mar 17, 2012 10:01 AM

Aug 2010
The fight was pretty awesome, and Shinobu was so hot as a grown-up.
Mar 17, 2012 10:02 AM

Jan 2012
Wow. Awesome ending. Who was that at the end, though? Hitagi with cut hair?

P.S. -- do they mean to be continued as in "continued in Neko" or "more episodes like Bake."

ArcanaTrace said:
Teen Shinobu is really hot, actually Shinobu in any age/size is hot. Btw i still cant believe they manage to end the arc with this episode when Tsukihi only made minimum appearance throughout her arc.

I'm not really sure where she would have fit in? I mean, she couldn't fight...I think it was perfect, honestly.
happySoulMar 17, 2012 10:07 AM
Mar 17, 2012 10:06 AM

Jan 2012
great episode, it was very heart-warming; Arararagi was epic (even though he got OWND!) May have liked it if there were more action scenes, but hey! There was a lot of blood AND shinobu had a 'laugh'; what more to ask for!
Loved this series and i can't wait for Kizumonogatari!!! XD
Mar 17, 2012 10:08 AM

Jul 2010
Maybe it says to be continued because there are more -monogatari books that have yet to be animated.

Anyways, great episode the fight between kagenuei and Araragi was awesome though I do wish we could have seen grown up Shinobu fight, I guess I'll have to wait for Kizumonogatari for that. I also found it funny when Araragi found out that Kaiki was the one who told them about Tsukihi. And I loved Araragi's speech on how Tsukihi was his sister. 5/5 for the episode 9/10 for series not as good as Bakemonogatari but still damn good.
Mar 17, 2012 10:14 AM

Nov 2011
Amazing episode and journey. Loved Nisemonogatari. I didn't expect to like it this much tbh when I first watched Bakemonogatri but now I've changed my mind. Hell, I might even rewatch this.

Anyways, fight was pretty epic and there were some interesting scenes to say the least:

Kiss:

Fight was pretty hilarious also that seems to be one sided. Anyways, loved the series and episode. 5/5.

But now, I'm platinum mad.
Mar 17, 2012 10:29 AM

Nov 2007
Not gonna lie. I got teary eyed when Koyomi was having a speech about his little sister. That's what siblings and family do.

Though in hindsight, it ended kinda like Tsubasa Cat. fight fight then talk.

Oh well, I rate this about 8/10. Not perfect since they dragged out Karen Bee.

To be continued... isn't this what they said in Bake also? Oh well, I look forward to SHAFT animating all the monogatari series.

Mar 17, 2012 10:31 AM

Apr 2011
I thought this was way superior to Bakemonogatari in a ton of ways (also because I wasn't a fan of how Hanekawa's arc was handled), so it'll be getting a 10/10 from me.

I can totally see how people would think Nisemonogatari is an inferior sequel, but once you know how it fits into the bigger picture you'll probably/hopefully appreciate it more.

The "to be continued" coupled with Shinbo saying that he wants to animate all of the novels has me hyped.
Mar 17, 2012 10:34 AM

Nov 2008
Is it just me or is someone else feeling unsatisfied with the "ending"?

I have a feeling that they are going to take a page Bakemonogatari and release a real ending a year from now.

Still I enjoyed Koyomi's "fight" with Yozuru, even though Koyomi ended up being the punching bag.

I would have given this an 8 but since there were some memorable episodes I give it a 9/10. lol
Mar 17, 2012 10:35 AM

Jan 2011
OH GOD. That was so epic. In so many ways. So good. So fresh. I'M PLATINUM HAPPY.
Mar 17, 2012 10:40 AM
Oct 2010
ffuuu its over. want more gatari nowwwwww.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 17, 2012 10:45 AM

Jun 2010
that felt sudden. Not enough shinobu fighting GURR
Mar 17, 2012 10:47 AM

Sep 2011
SPOILER IN A SENSE- The too be continued starts in the movie which is the prequel kizu, which will tell the vampire story part, than they also have the one after phoenix which hitagi is essentially a different person, less tsundere and more natural ex. being nicer, and cuter in a sense, so basically you can assume the direct sequel in late summer or in the September/October season of anime debuts.
Mar 17, 2012 10:51 AM

Jun 2010
Art2010 said:
SPOILER IN A SENSE- The too be continued starts in the movie which is the prequel kizu, which will tell the vampire story part, than they also have the one after phoenix which hitagi is essentially a different person, less tsundere and more natural ex. being nicer, and cuter in a sense, so basically you can assume the direct sequel in late summer or in the September/October season of anime debuts.

How long before we can see kizu do you think?
Mar 17, 2012 10:52 AM

Oct 2010
i actually understood most of what happened in that episode for once, i liked the way it ended, but it will be continued? i wonder if this is going to be the other volumes they are animating, or some thing we haven't heard about yet, like an ova?
Mar 17, 2012 10:55 AM

Nov 2009
Gahara with short hair is horrible.

8/10 overall
Mar 17, 2012 11:11 AM

Dec 2011
bakuramariks said:

8/10 overall
Wasn't that bad. Still better than Short-haired Karen, but then, everyone is.

Next adaption is Neko?
Mar 17, 2012 11:11 AM
Sep 2011
Again this show reversed the expectations of mine and certainly of most of the viewers by letting Kagenui retreat just like that. However, I didn't mind especially since this episode also delivered heartfelt moments and philosophical themes beside some good action scenes.

Kagenui's relationship with Oshino and Kaiki came off as surprising to me espcially in Kaiki's case. While they all bear similarities to some degree after further examination they couldn't look more different on the first sight. Kagenui is a person who resolves problems with her fists while Kaiki avoids physical confrontations at all costs.

While Oshino helps without demanding something in return and Kaiki only acts for money Kagenui seems to act simply on a whim. It wasn't fun fighting Koyomi since he never fought back and with Shinobu refusing to approach her she got, as she said herself, bored with the situation, therefore she backed off. Time doesn't matter to her, huh? She certainly doesn't sound like a person with a specific goal in mind to me.

Actually, in retrospect it doesn't seem to me like she treated the whole issue too seriously to begin with. If exterminating Tsukih really mattered to her she wouldn't have given her opponents time to reconsider (and how would she have accomplished that anyway with Tsukihi being immortal and everything).

Another possibility could be of course that she was convinved by what Koyomi said (which is quite plausible by the way). Overall, the whole scenario could be seen as an upgraded version especially regarding violence of Koyomi's dialogue with Karen as in both cases Koyomi "won" the fight, not with sheer force but with words.

The antithesis of being fake and being original has always been a Leitmotiv of this series since the beginning be it concepts of justice, family bounds or simply physical appearance. The different approaches to this topic are represented by the trio of onmyoujis consisting of Oshino, Kaiki and Kagenui.

Oshino attributes equal value to both the original and the fake while Kaiki perceives the fake of being more valuable than the original. Kagenui's initial mindset apparently changed during her talk with Koyomi making her realize that her former comrades weren't totally wrong with their assumptions after all.
EudaimoniaMar 17, 2012 11:34 AM
Mar 17, 2012 11:15 AM

Dec 2010
Epic ending is epic; Araragi was boss this episode, i liked how he handled the situation from beginning to end, his talk about evil was bad ass at the end also; bringing up the interesting philosophy of fundamental evil; i guess in the end becoming evil to destroy the greater evil. Senjougaharas hair T_T; only bad part of the episode even if we could see it coming a mile away... well it seems like there wnt be much Senjougahara for a while, since she wnt be in Kizumonogatari, and if i'm right the next project after is Nekomonogatari (Hanekawa's story) so she wnt be in that either; if i remember she isn't in many of the novels, since each novel focuses on the most part on the other characters.

Shinobu was awesome, this episode was a good set up for the movie; even better to think that she wasn't even close to full strength, seeing vampire fights animated is going to be bad ass.

To be continued well... there are more confirmed projects ,one being the prequel Kizumonogatari set to come out this year, so its expected. Can't wait!
InfiniteDestinyMar 17, 2012 11:19 AM
Mar 17, 2012 11:17 AM

Mar 2011
That ending....;A;

Debating over giving this a 9 or 10, I'll stick to 9 right now.
Mar 17, 2012 11:22 AM

Dec 2009
ClementIV said:
Is it just me or is someone else feeling unsatisfied with the "ending"?

I have a feeling that they are going to take a page Bakemonogatari and release a real ending a year from now.

Still I enjoyed Koyomi's "fight" with Yozuru, even though Koyomi ended up being the punching bag.

I would have given this an 8 but since there were some memorable episodes I give it a 9/10. lol

It's not over. We still have kizumonogatari.
Mar 17, 2012 11:25 AM

Dec 2011
Was a good episode, I'm platinum sad it was the last. :(
Mar 17, 2012 11:26 AM

May 2011
Win. Monogatari series are always a win for me, 10/10 without a doubt, yes it might have some flaws along the way, dragging the karen part a little bit too long and the tsukihi part a little bit too short. But hey, we have a hot shinobu who talkes in this series instead of the quiet shinobu in bakemonogatari. Although i would be more happy if they showed a little bit more of gahara, as well as keeping hanekawa, karen and gahara's hair at their original length.

BUT STILL. GOOD EPISODE AND GOOD SERIES. And as usual good OPs and nice ED. Now i seriously cant wait for the new prequel/sequel to come out. I'll just have to try my best to prevent myself from reading the novel to spoil everything before that.

* Oh yeah, and the background music they played for a few times in this episode, the platinium disco, surprisingly fits into the scenes to damn well. Good job shaft. You the winner.
KievMar 17, 2012 11:31 AM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 17, 2012 11:41 AM

Jan 2010
Liked it a lot, now waiting for next Gatari adaption.

But Gahara-san nooo. ;A;
Mar 17, 2012 11:44 AM

Dec 2011
I really enjoyed that ending. Fantastic show.
Araragi's fight was an exciting watch, though i wish they showed Shinobu's. I'm not sure how i feel about adult Shinobu. I kind of wish she remained as a child, but i don't dislike her as an adult. The doughnut jacket made me laugh.
Philosophy is always a great plus. Also incest. And the opening scene explaining the phoenix was neat.
A bit disappointed they didn't show Senjougahara and when she cut her hair, but the scene on the beach at the very end was nice. I like her with short hair.

Now to wait for Kizu, which will take too long. :(
And other adaptations if they start making them.
Mar 17, 2012 11:45 AM
Mar 2011
i love this series, definitely waiting for more.

did anyone else thought of why was he looking for scars that supposedly have been there in the last episode? kind of didnt go with the story if tsukihi was born a phoenix who regenerates. gotta watch that episode again
"....i am the villain in this story"
Mar 17, 2012 11:58 AM

Apr 2010
"Isn't it hot, having a sister who's not your real sister?!?"

I'm surprised how fast everything was wrapped up.

Senjougahara with short hair is fabulous. Then again I've always been a fan of characters with short hair.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Mar 17, 2012 12:13 PM

Nov 2011
I thought the graphics and music in the opening segment were incredible! :D

So will there actually be a direct sequel to this series?

Grown-up Shinobu was smokin hooot! Really looking forward to Kizumonogatari now! :)
jenanimeMar 17, 2012 12:43 PM
Mar 17, 2012 12:15 PM

Dec 2008
Loved the show; but not enough gahara and her short made me give it a 9/10; still loved the beach scene at the end
Mar 17, 2012 12:19 PM

Jan 2010
I like the relationship between the Araragi siblings.. how Karen could answer instantly when Koyomi asked her if she could die for them.. and of course we all know Koyomi would do that as well. It's a heartwarming feeling.. :))

Anyway, this episode just made me want more ><.. Shinobu in that form was awesome :D.. The way she laughed and Yotsugi couldn't even scratch her.. She's dominating! and of course now, I'm waiting for the Kizumonogatari movie although I think it would take a year or more for it to be subbed T__T..

Koyomi on the other hand.. was beaten to death, in the two fights of this series, I only saw Koyomi getting beat up.. will he ever be on the other side of the table next time?.. xD

Series was good.. if any other gatari series gets animated.. I'm still gonna watch. 9/10 for Nisemonogatari.
Mar 17, 2012 12:20 PM

Jan 2010
It was quite a good show, but I still feel like it's "lacking" compared to Bakemonogatari.

Overall it isn't nearly as impressive as its prequel and it definitely suffers from Shaft's typical "sequel not being as good as the prequel" ordeal.
Ok™
Mar 17, 2012 12:24 PM

Jan 2011
Koyomi got FUCKED UP.

Episode score = 2/5

Series score = 5/10

bakuramariks said:

It was just plain ugly.
KimuraMar 17, 2012 5:59 PM
[center]
Mar 17, 2012 12:24 PM

Dec 2011
I think that the series deserve an 8 or 9 since I loved the Bake (which I gave a 10 because I enjoyed it a lot), but I think they ended it in a nicer way than the Tsubasa Cat arc in Bake. So I gave this series a 10 for ending it more properly.

Now on the episode, can't believe Kaiki, Kagenui, and Oshino are friends!

Kagenui - the good side
Oshino - the neutral side
Kaiki - the evil side

What a nice triangle! Hoo!

Shinobu is so hot! I wish they have shown their fight even a little though.
And Araragi is so useless in fighting.

And love Senjougahara at the end.

Can anybody tell me why does it say to be continued at the end? Will it have a continuation? If it do, I cannot wait for it to go out! LOVE NISEMONOGATARI!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2012 12:26 PM

Sep 2011
Great episode,fundamental evil.

Awesome way to end the series,Araragi really was badass this episode.

At first we got a little fanservice with him kissing Tsukihi even that wasnt really a kiss like he say...is just family.

Watching Shinobu in adult form was great also good promotion for Kizumonogatari later this year...cant wait for the movie!!

Now the fight of Araragi was great to watch as always the animation was great and the fight itself was amazing but the talking was superb not only presenting 2 theories of human nature but also showing what is family....we lie,fight,some times even hate each other but at the end will always try what we can for them its just a stupid love that we want our family to be happy....that is family....
KimuraMar 17, 2012 6:00 PM
Mar 17, 2012 12:31 PM

May 2011
gahara short hair....
i'm in rage mode...why!!!!!!
lucky that kanbaru grows her hair huhu
Mar 17, 2012 12:33 PM
Mar 2012
Older Shinobu and short-haired Senjougahara? Fuck yes. I haven't read any of the other monogatari series so I personally don't know what to expect of the "to be continued" screen at the end. Nonetheless, anticipating the next installment and of course Kizumono.

edit: Just found out that one of the next animations will have a new original script by NisiOisin.
itbeYKMar 17, 2012 1:44 PM
Mar 17, 2012 12:34 PM
Aug 2011
I liked it.

It went from beating Araragi to a pulp, to a discussion about the value of something real vs. a fake.
I can see why some of people found it anti-climatic.
Yeah they probably could have shown more fighting.

Personally I enjoy the dialogue.
All throughout the series, it was never dull or boring to me.
9/10 for me.

Those haircuts aren't really working. Especially Karen.
4/10 for their hair.

Lots of comments about lack of Senjougahara.
I know she is a favorite but damn.
Not even Tsukihi got decent screentime in her own arc and you want other people to show up.
Mar 17, 2012 12:43 PM

Dec 2010
I fucking loved it.
Mar 17, 2012 12:54 PM

Jun 2011
It's over sad to see it come to an end. Way to short
Oh well still got the movie coming out
4/5 for this episode 9/10 for the series would given it 8 if it wasn't for Shinobu adult figure in the last episode kinda what we could expect to come in the upcoming movie
Mar 17, 2012 12:54 PM

Oct 2010
The episode itself was not bad but short on some aspects or it seemed like it was a little slow. That paid off with major explanation and the fight. I have to admit I would like to say a big FUCK YOU to Araragi for the following,

and in the spoiler
You kiss you own sister like that as means to find out if your dick is hard and your feel sexual towards as an end to confirm if she is some immortal monster or there is still some of her soul and be gone of its stress? Really? Well I HATE you and your stupid sexual shit. Araragi has got good points, I won’t deny that but his sexuality is so fucked up that it’s beyond reasoning. I don’t blame him nor society of it. Just Shinobu making him like that and such a bitch she is to me due to that but she herself due to her vampire race was not able to resist her urges as well.

Real Reason I hate Shinobu

This is to clear up the misunderstanding. The real reason I hate her is in the spoiler
apart from the loli fan service. That fucking bite! Always that bite! Always that shit. No matter what vampire movie or series it’s always a RAGING THRILL towards that. I guess it’s more fun than frustrating in blowing off some steam so they say. Seriously this is the main reason of why I hate Shinobu, all vampires and in general fan service associated with them. You must be fucking crazy to enjoy any of that biting and sensation but I do respect choices and people’s fetishes of this. Hence you got guts to love this shit. I cringe hard at it! Nice end to a nice series. Will edit later

BTW GIFs are done in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=414877
among them the kiss part is done for its fans.

Image Stitches done in the spoiler
one for Shinobu fans and one of Hitagi that is now perfect!
Yumekichi11Mar 21, 2012 8:26 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 17, 2012 12:59 PM

Oct 2011
Dammn that was awesome !!!...but i dont like the ending too much :(
Mar 17, 2012 1:15 PM

Jan 2009
Somewhat disappointing. I dont know if I give 6/10 or 7/10.

I enjoyed more bakemono.
Mar 17, 2012 1:18 PM
Jul 2010
I can't complain, I saw this coming- SHAFT always has poor budgeting. Still a great series overall, and the ending was better than expected frankly.

Looking forward to more shinobu than Senjougahara in this year's Kizumonogatari.

You guys can't honestly claim you were 'trolled' out of a good ending? It's SHAFT, come on. They're charmingly annoying like that.
Mar 17, 2012 1:32 PM
Feb 2012
Nice episode, but damn, the guy got one helluva beating (again).

So more webisodes xD? I'm OK with that.
Mar 17, 2012 1:39 PM

Oct 2010
lol i knew they where going to pull this shit again... really hoping to see more of this story later

Story was ok, lots of service and nonesense. tbh only 2 eventful episodes. 8/10

I'm at a lost on why Hitagi cut her hair (on anime tend to be because of some issue with romance but shit seemed to be going fine with her... maybe that what she ask of him and to have sex at the end of the 1st arc of this show)... Shinobo look adorable as a grown up. Really hoping to watch more of this in the movie.
huh?
Mar 17, 2012 1:43 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A good ending to the series and it actually wraps things up nicely. I don't understand what people are complaining about. If Shaft releases any extra chapters, it'll probably be some filler stuff.

Not as good as Bakemonogatari though. But luckily they have several more novels to animate and might still get the chance to top it.

Looking forward to Kizumonogatari. That's going to be very different in tone and style to Nise.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 17, 2012 1:45 PM

Apr 2011
I'll never forget this series and specially this particular season, I loved it so much. I actually enjoyed this more than Bakemono.
NefaynMar 17, 2012 1:49 PM
Mar 17, 2012 1:48 PM

Jan 2011
the only thing i liked about the tsukihi arc was the op song
didnt like this sequel very much, ill give it a 5/10
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 25, 2012

755 by decco6226 »»
Apr 22, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akiyama - Jan 21, 2012

261 by decco6226 »»
Apr 21, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ariamachi - Jan 14, 2012

348 by Ken_9 »»
Mar 15, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2012

247 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 5, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 18, 2012

323 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 2, 2:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.